Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It seems the Triwizard set is about half the pieces of the Quidditch set, but I almost the same price, only a slightly lower. Maybe a big molded Horntail? I’m hoping for that 

I was thinking the same thing. And I really hope it‘s true. 

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

The gap is the 2018 sets. :wink:

Haha :tongue: I did not notice either, but is not that rather strange *huh*

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

LOL I didn’t notice that.  So is 49 a retailer exclusive then?

God point! Could very vell be :sweet:

If the prices are German: 75945 - $15 • 75946 - $30 • 75947 - $65 • 75948 - $100 • 75957 - $40

If the prices are French: 75945 - $15 • 75946 - $30 • 75947 - $60 • 75948 - $90 • 75957 - $35

12 hours ago, The Dangerous HC said:

It is the exact same character, just a different actress, so by your logic, it isn’t Aberforth in OotP that let them into The Hog’s Head, just because it isn’t Ciarán Hynds, your logic doesn’t work, never go full retard

Even though I completely botched who was in which movie...I’m well aware the character is the same throughout...none of which I’m disputing. I was(incorrectly) linking the Express to year 4 based on the appearance of the trolley witch, when it was not. No retardation here, just a simple mix up of the movies. Reckon I need to refresh my brain with a binge watch. :facepalm:

10 hours ago, Mr Spielbrick said:

Er... Which version of the Hogwarts Express set are you talking about? Luna was in the previous one, but not in the 2018 version. And the trolley witch is 100% a match for the lady who appears in the first film. 

Unrelated to the quote above: that set list most of you seem to be putting your faith in. What about it makes you feel confident there’s truth to it? 

8 hours ago, Jawaguy4 said:

I think you have got them the wrong way round. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIArRHgly3U

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Luna has only come in the CMF series. She came in a Hogwarts Express set years ago but not this time around

Oy vey...I really screwed the pooch. :wall: I swear I know I know what I’m talking about...

Let’s try this again...the Express that is now currently in stores could be from year 3 just as much as it could be from year 1, given who’s in it. Also, going by the wanted picture on the platform of Sirius. Going back to my original point that the first wave hasn’t just focused on years 1 & 2. 

Do you guys think that we could get a Shrieking Shack in the Clocktower set, kind of like we did with the Whomping Willow?

Just now, topiku said:

Do you guys think that we could get a Shrieking Shack in the Clocktower set, kind of like we did with the Whomping Willow?

That's a definitive no. We already now the Clocktower set is 100$, and the Shrieking Shack would already be a 40 to 50 dollar set on its own. Besides that, it doesn't really fit in with the Hogwarts builds. We could definetely get one later in theme's lifespan though!

Do we know for sure that the Watchtower being reported is indeed the Clocktower? When Sirius is rescued in the movie, is the tower part of the Clocktower? I WANT the Clocktower, but I wonder if it's a smaller part of Hogwarts with Harry, Hermione, Sirius, Buckbeak, and a loan Hogwarts tower with a little jail cell.

Just now, BigHobbit said:

Do we know for sure that the Watchtower being reported is indeed the Clocktower? When Sirius is rescued in the movie, is the tower part of the Clocktower? I WANT the Clocktower, but I wonder if it's a smaller part of Hogwarts with Harry, Hermione, Sirius, Buckbeak, and a loan Hogwarts tower with a little jail cell.

I believe in the film Sirius was being kept in the Dark Tower. Which I think is what the watchtower is? 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really hope they will give us Fleur and Krum in the Triwizard sets instead of some random students

ME TOO. We’re getting one GOF set this wave so hopefully we’ll get at least two school champions. Next year I think it is safe to assume there will be more GOF sets and therefore more opportunity to get essential characters like Fleur, Krum, Madame Maxime, Karkaroff, Rita Skeeter, Barty Crouch, and hopefully some merpeople and some Yule Ball variations of characters

Just now, Tariq j said:

I believe in the film Sirius was being kept in the Dark Tower. Which I think is what the watchtower is? 

I think it’s a different tower but for the set I can see them combining it, which would be fine with me

5 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Good call! And indeed, sounds like it! Now, not saying LEGO couldn't improvise and incorporate the Watchtower/Dark Tower with some other part of Hogwarts...and that's even if the scene is with Sirius' rescue. Who knows at this point!

17 minutes ago, BigHobbit said:

Good call! And indeed, sounds like it! Now, not saying LEGO couldn't improvise and incorporate the Watchtower/Dark Tower with some other part of Hogwarts...and that's even if the scene is with Sirius' rescue. Who knows at this point!

Honestly, I don't think people really care what its going to be as long as we get a new Sirius figure in one of the sets :laugh_hard:

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It seems the Triwizard set is about half the pieces of the Quidditch set, but I almost the same price, only a slightly lower. Maybe a big molded Horntail? I’m hoping for that 

Interesting observation :thumbup: As far as I remember, the Quidditch set didn‘t have an exceptional amount of small parts, so it‘s the Triwizard set that‘s unusually light on parts rather than TLG being generous with the Quidditch one :wink:

Would they release a moulded dragon in a set this size in this day and age though? We don‘t really have a point of reference here, the closest thing are probably bigfigs and even there‘s little consistency... 

Nonetheless, if I had to guess how they‘d do a cost-effective Horntail, I think they‘d reuse Smaug‘s body, legs and wings (which is possible since technically, both are Wyverns and both are WB-properties, facilitating the reuse of licensed moulds). The tail could be brick-built to an extend, thus only requiring a new head (plus a neck maybe, Smaug‘s too long).

Edited by Lego-Freak

In regards to 75949, could it be a polybag? Also, last wave, was the Quiditch Set revealed along with the other sets or revealed after?

12 minutes ago, Geoh said:

In regards to 75949, could it be a polybag? Also, last wave, was the Quiditch Set revealed along with the other sets or revealed after?

Nope, polybags don't have regular set numbers :wink: I wouldn't put too much thought into 75949 since TLG skips set numbers all the time, it's nothing out of the ordinary :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I wonder if Lego would make a new dog mold and try to use it for both Sirius and Fang? Put animagus Sirius in the Knight Bus and Fang in the hut. Obviously they're different dogs, but I guess they could use printing to differentiate them if the mold is basic enough

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

I wonder if Lego would make a new dog mold and try to use it for both Sirius and Fang? Put animagus Sirius in the Knight Bus and Fang in the hut. Obviously they're different dogs, but I guess they could use printing to differentiate them if the mold is basic enough

I think that would be more than satisfactory. It’s probably what they’ll end up doing

6 hours ago, Tariq j said:

This could indeed be true, however it's not really an iconic building and it was replaced with the astronomy tower later on. Also Sirius wasn't even kept in that tower in the books but rather in Flitwick's office so it's not really that important of a location.

I had this thought, what if it's just a translation error of someone mixing up the words for clock and a pocket *watch*. Might be overthinking things a bit but it would kinda make sense.

can’t see both the grimm and fang being the same mold though and I don’t know why they couldn’t reuse the existing Hungarian mold though I would love an updated version.

Edited by KevinMD
Edit

Really don’t think the knight buss set will include Privet Drive, not for that price. Would be near on £100 atleast for that.

really, really hope the horntail isn’t entirely moulded. If it has some moulded parts, like the head or wings, then fine, but brickbuilt dragons look so much better than moulded ones nowadays

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nonetheless, if I had to guess how they‘d do a cost-effective Horntail, I think they‘d reuse Smaug‘s body, legs and wings (which is possible since technically, both are Wyverns and both are WB-properties, facilitating the reuse of licensed moulds). The tail could be brick-built to an extend, thus only requiring a new head (plus a neck maybe, Smaug‘s too long).

Really hope this will not be the case, I love the look of lego's Smaug but the limited articulation and things you can do with it are almost retarded

9 hours ago, diepotato47 said:

Maybe controversial, but I’d rather they stuck with the brick built style for creatures.

Me too. I'd love the Horntail to be similair to Ninjago's Golden Dragon, with a brick built body and molded head

8 hours ago, Ultron said:

I don't think so. I could see them making a new mold for Fang but not for Sirius. The already existing German Shepherd mold would be better for Padfoot

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Really hope this will not be the case, I love the look of lego's Smaug but the limited articulation and things you can do with it are almost retarded

Me too. I'd love the Horntail to be similair to Ninjago's Golden Dragon, with a brick built body and molded head

I don't think so. I could see them making a new mold for Fang but not for Sirius. The already existing German Shepherd mold would be better for Padfoot

I don‘t think the price-to-parts ratio would look like that if it only was a moulded head :wink: I disagree regarding Smaug, he had a lot of articulation (head, neck, foldable wings, rotating legs & tail). At least it‘s better than the old one-mould Horntail :tongue:

Using the Shepherd mould would be like closing the circle since the original Padfoot was the first LEGO dog (correct me if I‘m wrong), was then updated a couple of years later and could now be repurposed as Padfoot again :grin:

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Really don’t think the knight buss set will include Privet Drive, not for that price. Would be near on £100 atleast for that.

Last kngiht bus had about 250 pieces, the price is 65€ so we‘re probably getting 700 pieces which means there would be 450 pieces left for a privet drive which could fit imo.