Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

On 1/23/2019 at 11:42 PM, RODDY said:

Oh please everybody knew they weren't making Chamber. The designers said they tried it but it didn't work out. The sets have also been going in chronological order as well. Hoping that a great list is fake simply because you didn't get one set on your "wishlist" is very childish and just looking for the smallest reason to complain. I want Lockhart as much as the next guy but he'll probably show up in a Bricktober pack or something. Who knows maybe it will be centered around Chamber and have Moaning Myrtle, Lockhart, Tom Riddle, and Lucius Malfoy. Patience, if we got Susan Bones, we'll get everyone eventually. 

That was not the context of what they said. The idea originally was to have the Great Hall and Chamber Of Secrets released as a single set. That is what they claimed 'didnt work out' likely because of the budget issues for adding an entire below segment for the Great Hall set. They have not ruled out the possibility of the Chamber Of Secrets getting a set and the inclusion of the Basilisk model was likely to add more playability without having to make a new mold for a 'Troll' figure that should have been included given it was adapting the first movie. They have skipped many iconic aspects of the first two films in order to rush into the third film which is seemingly getting a single wave so they can rush into adapting the fourth film - of which they may be condensing the Tri-Wizard tasks down to a single set.

The list itself is not good and your remark that it is childish to simply expect them to adapt in chronological order as they stated the intention was is silly. The list goes against the idea of doing a sort of 'best of' the Harry Potter years. You just got drawn in by the titles without knowing anything else about the list and are hyping it up as if its a great list when in reality they are rushing to adapt aspects that should have been given more focus. We are only on Wave 2 and if the list is to be believed they will be starting adapting content from the fourth film already.

14 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

That was not the context of what they said. The idea originally was to have the Great Hall and Chamber Of Secrets released as a single set. That is what they claimed 'didnt work out' likely because of the budget issues for adding an entire below segment for the Great Hall set. They have not ruled out the possibility of the Chamber Of Secrets getting a set and the inclusion of the Basilisk model was likely to add more playability without having to make a new mold for a 'Troll' figure that should have been included given it was adapting the first movie. They have skipped many iconic aspects of the first two films in order to rush into the third film which is seemingly getting a single wave so they can rush into adapting the fourth film - of which they may be condensing the Tri-Wizard tasks down to a single set.

The list itself is not good and your remark that it is childish to simply expect them to adapt in chronological order as they stated the intention was is silly. The list goes against the idea of doing a sort of 'best of' the Harry Potter years. You just got drawn in by the titles without knowing anything else about the list and are hyping it up as if its a great list when in reality they are rushing to adapt aspects that should have been given more focus. We are only on Wave 2 and if the list is to be believed they will be starting adapting content from the fourth film already.

The fact they're rushing over the first 2 movies to do 3 and 4 is a good thing. PS and CoS are incredibly bad movies!

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The fact they're rushing over the first 2 movies to do 3 and 4 is a good thing. PS and CoS are incredibly bad movies!

That argument is really bad. The first two movies are one of my favorites and for many other people as well. I would love to see more sets from Ps and CoS

Edited by topiku

Just now, topiku said:

That argument is really bad. The first two movies are one of my favorites and for many other people as well. I would love to see more sets from Ps and CoS

We had sooo much of the first three movies already. So many sets over the years. I just can't wait to see Sets for order of the phoenix, halfblood prince and deathly Hallows because those are my favorite books of the series. Characters like Kingsley, Aberforth, Tonks and so on.

1 hour ago, topiku said:

It isn't even an argument, ever heard of an opinion?

And as Kyp says, we've already got loads of sets based on the first 2 movies. Time for the later (and better) movies to take the spotlight. 

Btw, I don't want to start a ''which movie is the best'' like discussion. This is not the place to do so

Edited by Guyon2002

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

What drugs are you on to think the first two movies are incredibly bad? 

It's possible there's just not enough interest to justify more sets for those movies right now. It wouldn't be surprising given that they're the oldest movies and kind of the weakest of the bunch (though I wouldn't exactly call them bad).

I'm sure Lego has some sort of statistical data to back up their decision. And who knows, we might get the chamber of secrets when they get to Deathly Hallows.

Too, from a toy sales perspective I imagine it's kind of a hard sell. A big damp basement full of statues and the one play feature is a child waving a sword at a big snake. At the end of the day the main audience is children and it's probably a lot easier to sell vehicles and magic castles.

Well, Firenze the centaur only appeared in the first film, more PS sets is the only way of getting a centaur

Whether the movies were good or bad, is pointless for this discussion I think

Just now, strangely said:

It's possible there's just not enough interest to justify more sets for those movies right now. It wouldn't be surprising given that they're the oldest movies and kind of the weakest of the bunch (though I wouldn't exactly call them bad).

I'm sure Lego has some sort of statistical data to back up their decision. And who knows, we might get the chamber of secrets when they get to Deathly Hallows.

Too, from a toy sales perspective I imagine it's kind of a hard sell. A big damp basement full of statues and the one play feature is a child waving a sword at a big snake. At the end of the day the main audience is children and it's probably a lot easier to sell vehicles and magic castles.

There could be a lot of play features

The basilisk coming out of the statue could be one. The apparition of Tom Riddle could be another one. Fawkes delivering the sorting hat, etc.....

Also, it could have young Tom Riddle and Gilderoy Lockhart minifigures as exclusives

59 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Lmao you said it like it‘s a fact megablock

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

It's now impossible to put the Chamber under Great Hall. How would you do it while also simultaneously connecting the Whomping Willow portion and now the Watchtower? 

I don't know if you realisize this or not, but Harry Potter has never been an evergreen theme that is why they are rushing and putting out the essentials first. That's why we got all those minifigs in the first wave. Just in case the theme didn't make it another year. I think both Hagrid's Hut and the Knight Bus are way more essential and fit the best of theme more than the end of Socerer's Stone. We already got the Mirror of Erised and Quirell anyways. Nothing else of note goes on in that movie besides Diagon Alley (I think next year for HBP). As I explained before I doubt Chamber happens again and the rest of that movie is covered besides The Burrow (Which again could be HBP). And on the flip side, I maybe hyping the sets up without seeing them, but you are trashing them without seeing it. Me personally I'm a half full type of guy so I'd rather be optimistic than pessimistic.

Personally, I love the third film and I'm happy we seem to be getting a solid amount from that film. I'm not really interested in the Knight Bus or Hagrid's Hut unfortunately, but I have high hopes for the Clock Tower.

I think any major piece of HP that hasn’t had a fleshie set should be a candidate for a set, which to me means COS (and I would be fine with another go at dumbledore’s office too) is a prime candidate.  I do agree that they missed so many opportunities from the later movies though and those deserve a chance too. 

@Robert8 There were Centaurs in the fifth film though. Throw in Grawp, a few tree builds, Umbridge, Harry and Hermione and you'd have a good approximation of the centaur encounter in OotP

39 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

There could be a lot of play features

The basilisk coming out of the statue could be one. The apparition of Tom Riddle could be another one. Fawkes delivering the sorting hat, etc.....

Also, it could have young Tom Riddle and Gilderoy Lockhart minifigures as exclusives

That's true, they could include those. Still, even with all of that, this doesn't sound like a slam dunk to me.

If they went all out and included the bathroom, passageway and serpent door and designed the outside to look like a chunk of Hogwarts, then I could definitely see it. Basically a revamped version of the original set.

But even then, if there's not a big enough demand for it, then it won't get made. The fact that the Basilisk, sorting hat, sword, Fawkes and Tom riddles diary were already included elsewhere might suggest there wasn't enough demand to make a COS set right now.

I think everything is possible for this theme, even a evergreen scenario and definitely COS. That said I think Lego have made a plan probably with 4 waves and 2 movies in each (more or less). Because of the lag in time from an idea until it is a new set in shops, we want see any change of that plan until next year. Maybe they have managed to move next years wave to this year, but that is maximum of what they can manage I think.. Off-course by now they know that the sets are selling like crazy so 1 of 2 things in likely to happen;

1. They keep to the original plan maybe with a few extra sets from 4-8 the next 2 years, then they start over and make sets they did skip the first round (and or remake some sets like SW do with millennium falcon)
  2. Or Lego starts making sets they skipped and start mix them in with wave 3 and 4

Either way a COS is likely and possible in the long run as long as the sets keep selling this good, and I am sure a COS set would sell very well also :wink:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And as Kyp says, we've already got loads of sets based on the first 2 movies. Time for the later (and better) movies to take the spotlight. 

Btw, I don't want to start a ''which movie is the best'' like discussion. This is not the place to do so

I get that they made a lot of sets from movies 1 and 2 but they are so outdated that they don’t matter anymore. They are irrelevant. I hope they go back and make the sets that are currently missing from 1 and 2 because of how classic and important they are. But I also am completely fine with lego’s current trajectory of sets. I’m sure they’ll go back and fill in some gaps once they’ve covered a general summation of all 8 films.

I question why make another knight bus? I see no reason, back in 2011, when it was re-released, it was one of the worst selling Potter sets, I remember some toy stores having stock of it well into 2012 when the line was discontinued. Also how is it relevant, its only on screen for like what 10 minutes? Do we really need a third one? I hope we get something else, another knight bus would feel like a cop-out in my opinion. 

Expecto Patronum: Probably a cheap way to get Sirius and Dementors

Triwizard Tournament: Hopefully its the First Task with the Horntail

Knight Bus: Fun set, but so limited minifig-wise, being that Harry is the only truly notable character in the scene

Hagrid's Hut: Much needed, hopefully Buckbeak is included

Clocktower (It's definitely just typoed that its called Watchtower) : Very cool, will be a fun big castle piece for the year

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

It's now impossible to put the Chamber under Great Hall. How would you do it while also simultaneously connecting the Whomping Willow portion and now the Watchtower? 

I don't know if you realisize this or not, but Harry Potter has never been an evergreen theme that is why they are rushing and putting out the essentials first. That's why we got all those minifigs in the first wave. Just in case the theme didn't make it another year. I think both Hagrid's Hut and the Knight Bus are way more essential and fit the best of theme more than the end of Socerer's Stone. We already got the Mirror of Erised and Quirell anyways. Nothing else of note goes on in that movie besides Diagon Alley (I think next year for HBP). As I explained before I doubt Chamber happens again and the rest of that movie is covered besides The Burrow (Which again could be HBP). And on the flip side, I maybe hyping the sets up without seeing them, but you are trashing them without seeing it. Me personally I'm a half full type of guy so I'd rather be optimistic than pessimistic.

It wouldn’t be under the Great Hall, they only considered that for a combined set but that’s not even where it belongs, they would put it somewhere else. But I totally agree with you about this wave being awesome even though it skips over the rest of SS and COS. I honestly feel like lego will go back to those if the theme lasts long enough. These upcoming sets sound extremely satisfying and I’m very happy about them as well

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It wouldn’t be under the Great Hall, they only considered that for a combined set but that’s not even where it belongs, they would put it somewhere else. But I totally agree with you about this wave being awesome even though it skips over the rest of SS and COS. I honestly feel like lego will go back to those if the theme lasts long enough. These upcoming sets sound extremely satisfying and I’m very happy about them as well

TIL that the Chamber of Secrets is not at the bottom of the castle. That's really weird especially watching the movie you really get that sense when they go through passageway through the girl's bathroom which seems like a pretty big drop and Fawkes flying back up it. Thanks for telling me that. 

My favorite movies are SS and COS and would idealisticaly like everything from them. However, I like to side with history and history tells us the Harry Potter theme has a short life span and there's 8 long movies that they need to cover and for now they have to do the "greatest hits". All I'm saying to everyone is try and enjoy what we get because we don't know when the Hogwarts Express finally rests. Let's not get caught up with could have been and let's focus on what is.Wave 1 was incredible, and I see alot of potential in Wave 2. Buckbeak, Hungarian Horntail, Clocktower, updated Sirius Black, there is so much good stuff. Yes there are some redundant sets but for someone like myself coming out of the "dark age" I want to pickup a Hagrid's Hut or Knight Bus not at a ridiculous price.  Personally I see 3 more waves: 5-6, 7-8, and one final wave to round out anything missed but I hope I'm proven wrong. 

Edited by RODDY

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Triwizard Tournament: Hopefully its the First Task with the Horntail

I think a set based on the second task is more likely, given its implied size :wink: Of course the Horntail could be approached similarly as this year‘s Golden Dragon set from the Ninjago theme, but I doubt they‘d do a brick-built minifig-scaled dragon for this theme at all, let alone this small... Personally, I‘d like to see a moulded dragon similar to Smaug, but that requires a much larger set.

The third task is also quite unlikely given it‘s just a maze, making for a great scene but not necessarily a great set :tongue:

31 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think a set based on the second task is more likely, given its implied size :wink: Of course the Horntail could be approached similarly as this year‘s Golden Dragon set from the Ninjago theme, but I doubt they‘d do a brick-built minifig-scaled dragon for this theme at all, let alone this small... Personally, I‘d like to see a moulded dragon similar to Smaug, but that requires a much larger set.

The third task is also quite unlikely given it‘s just a maze, making for a great scene but not necessarily a great set :tongue:

I would love a dragon similar to Smaug especially with those wing pieces. Although all we know is the piece count and if the Horntail is molded, it wouldn’t use that many pieces so it would still be a lower count just with a bit of a higher price. So the piece count really doesn’t rule it out entirely, though it’s still unlikely, but who knows at this point

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I get that they made a lot of sets from movies 1 and 2 but they are so outdated that they don’t matter anymore. They are irrelevant. I hope they go back and make the sets that are currently missing from 1 and 2 because of how classic and important they are.

Well, I agree. And while I prefer movies 3-8 I'd also love to see some older sets remade!

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think a brick-built Ninjago style Horntail would be the better option, while the big molded animals (like the old Horntail, Smaug and the Jurassic dinosaurs) look amazing they are really limited in movement! Which is both a bummer for play and display.

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

To come back to this earlier statement of mine. I completely understand all of your commentary and I'd like to clear some things up. While I love the Harry Potter series, the least I can do for PS and CoS is like them. Compared to the books movies 1 and 2 just were pretty lackluster (except for the occiassional epic scene), not to quote ''incredibly bad''. But I learned my lesson today and will choose my words better in the future :wink:

To add one last thing to this (already incredibly long) post. What do you think of this CoS mocup? This would be the open back and the front would just look like another part of the castle!

- Corridor with the one of the blood messages on the wall

- Myrthle's bathroom with opening sink / trapdoor

- Small room accesible by bathroom which includes some bones and the big ''snake-door''

- Chamber of Secrets with path in the middle and snake heads to atleast one side

- Decently sized room behind Salazar's face to hold the Baslisk

Screenshot_5.png.6b08dd83c01fb4c5721c0e0139443cb7.png 

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

To add one last thing to this (already incredibly long) post. What do you think of this CoS mocup? This would be the open back and the front would just look like another part of the castle!

Screenshot_5.png.6b08dd83c01fb4c5721c0e0139443cb7.png 

This would be my dream set ?