Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

What a bummer!:wall: No wonder it was not any WW sets, when city, friends, technic etc was no where to be seen :hmpf:

Yep, the coverage is definitely over :hmpf: Man, this TF was even more disappointing to me than last year‘s because back then, we knew we wouldn‘t get anything but still got one reveal, while this year‘s rendition was just a whole bunch of nothing... Three new TS4 sets, a couple of SW sets and the rest had already been revealed beforehand :facepalm:

I was hoping for at least one set like last year even if it was the Knight Bus but oh well. See you guys in April!

Edited by RODDY

Just now, RODDY said:

I was hoping for at least one set like last year even if it was the Knight Bus but oh well. See you guys in April!

Tbh the knight bus would've been the perfect set to reveal, was really hoping for that one. But in general the reveals today were really disappointing.

13 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Tbh the knight bus would've been the perfect set to reveal, was really hoping for that one. But in general the reveals today were really disappointing.

Yeah I love the Knight Bus as well and will definetly pick it up but it's going to be one of those sets that doesn't look too much different from its predecessor like the Snowspeeder. There's not suprise around it like the Clocktower. Speaking of Star Wars, what the hell were those action sets? Very abysmal reveals all around, at least the 20th anniversary box art looks cool. I honestly think that Hidden Side is probably why we didn't get HP.  But wait a minute... I distinctly remember that The Great Hall was revealed on a weekday, I was on the train back from work and I don't work weekends... I say let's wait till Tuesday before we rule anything out. Maybe they will put something out towards the end of the show. 

Edited by RODDY

21 minutes ago, RODDY said:

But wait a minute... I distinctly remember that The Great Hall was revealed on a weekday[...]

It was... on the Friday before the TF :wink: 

LEGO wins four Toy of the Year (TOTY) awards at the 2019 New York Toy Fair!

That is a new record and 3 of them are from WW :wub:

Category: Collectible of the Year

Winner: LEGO Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts Minifigure Series

Category: Construction Toy of the Year

Winner: LEGO Harry Potter Great Hall

Category: Specialty Toy of the Year

Winner: LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/02/16/lego-wins-four-toy-of-the-year-toty-awards-at-the-2019-new-york-toy-fair-news/#more-172851

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-wins-four-toy-of-the-year-2019-awards/

19 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

LEGO wins four Toy of the Year (TOTY) awards at the 2019 New York Toy Fair!

That is a new record and 3 of them are from WW :wub:

Category: Collectible of the Year

Winner: LEGO Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts Minifigure Series

Category: Construction Toy of the Year

Winner: LEGO Harry Potter Great Hall

Category: Specialty Toy of the Year

Winner: LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/02/16/lego-wins-four-toy-of-the-year-toty-awards-at-the-2019-new-york-toy-fair-news/#more-172851

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-wins-four-toy-of-the-year-2019-awards/

Thanks for this information.

This makes hope for a second minifigures series and a lot of HP Sets for the future.:blush:

17 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yep, the coverage is definitely over :hmpf: Man, this TF was even more disappointing to me than last year‘s because back then, we knew we wouldn‘t get anything but still got one reveal, while this year‘s rendition was just a whole bunch of nothing... Three new TS4 sets, a couple of SW sets and the rest had already been revealed beforehand :facepalm:

Disappointing? Four new Jurassic World sets - official pictures and on display, four new Toy Story 4 sets - official pictures and on display and six new Star Wars sets - official pictures and on display, plus all Star Wars 20th Anniversary sets on display and three The Lego Movie 2 sets on display. That's A LOT. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Disappointing? Four new Jurassic World sets - official pictures and on display, four new Toy Story 4 sets - official pictures and on display and six new Star Wars sets - official pictures and on display, plus all Star Wars 20th Anniversary sets on display and three The Lego Movie 2 sets on display. That's A LOT. 

It may be a lot for the last few years' standards. But before 2018 we would get pictures of everything releasing in the coming months, especially at NYTF

The first COS set had crocodile heads as decoration, would not be surprised if the tan crocodile shows up in a future COS set :wink:

Isn't toy fair in NY happening? I'd expect Potter to show up? And considering that we've gotten images of EVERYTHING potter will come soon? Do you think they still haven't finished designing the sets yet?

18 minutes ago, Geoh said:

Isn't toy fair in NY happening? I'd expect Potter to show up? And considering that we've gotten images of EVERYTHING potter will come soon? Do you think they still haven't finished designing the sets yet?

I'd recommend reading the last 2 pages. Its all about TF and the Harry Potter sets not being there. As a matter of fact, the topic is even talked about a few comments earlier....

I don't know why people keep saying things are impossible for sets/ ideas from Lego.

From a marketing/ sales standpoint, Lego are doing well considering toy sales as a whole took a slump.

You cant blame them for what happened with TRU and them having to scramble to get their bricktober packs off in a new distribution way.

The Knight Bus was/ is a major part in the Harry Potter world even if it was on screen for such a short time.

If you visit Universal Studios, they have one there that people love to go and see.

Also they have souvenirs of the knight bus at the stores there, including the mini scale bus, keyrings, etc. So it must be popular to a degree.

Yes they have made 2 sets of it already but this new one might have exclusive minifigures, etc.

Why wouldn't they do another Bricktober? Here in Japan they had something like 5,000 Bricktober HP sets available.

Now that TRU is gone, Lego has plenty of time to properly set up a distribution system for Bricktober with major stores around the world.

If they really want to, they could have them exclusively sold by Amazon with Lego purchases. This would reach a large enough audience for them.

I am looking forward to the new Hagrid's Hut, but whether we get it this year or next year is anyone's guess.

Like someone else said, Lego will try to hide a lot of sets until close to sales time to stop other companies (Lepin) from copying them.

Oh, and expect another Microscale set or two for HP this or next year. 

13 hours ago, Geoh said:

They have finished designing the sets last year. And they are working on 2020 now.

9 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

Whats the next event for showing us the new harry potter sets?

Random leaks :grin: Don‘t expect anything to show up before April though. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

Whats the next event for showing us the new harry potter sets?

There are no more events coming, we now have to wait for either leaks or an official reveal 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are no more events coming, we now have to wait for either leaks or an official reveal 

Thank you

So it’s not exactly a 2019 thing, but I just realized that if the Harry Potter theme can stay strong for 2 more years it’d hit it’s 20th anniversary like Star Wars is this year. 

Obviously Harry Potter hasn’t had the same consistent set releases of Star Wars. But they do have the advantage of the 20th Lego anniversary coinciding with the 20th anniversary of the first movie - which means that if Lego wanted to do some sort of promo they wouldn’t be the only ones stirring up the hype. 

I know 2 years is way too far away to be predicting anything, but it’s a good incentive to keep buying sets and let Lego know how much we love the theme and want all the content they can give us. 

Edited by Accio Lego

29 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

So it’s not exactly a 2019 thing, but I just realized that if the Harry Potter theme can stay strong for 2 more years it’d hit it’s 20th anniversary like Star Wars is this year. 

Obviously Harry Potter hasn’t had the same consistent set releases of Star Wars. But they do have the advantage of the 20th Lego anniversary coinciding with the 20th anniversary of the first movie - which means that if Lego wanted to do some sort of promo they wouldn’t be the only ones stirring up the hype. 

I know 2 years is way too far away to be predicting anything, but it’s a good incentive to keep buying sets and let Lego know how much we love the theme and want all the content they can give us. 

Would not be surprised if they make some sets to mark the occasion, but as you say not the same track record as SW. Pirates is 30 this year, but do not seem to get any sets :cry_sad:, so it can go both ways..

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

if the Harry Potter theme can stay strong for 2 more years

Well, I can't imagine TLG ditching Harry Potter halfway through. At the current rate - one wave per year - the theme will almost certainly reach 2021. Also apparently FB3 has been delayed, presumably until 2021, although it may not even affect the HP schedule.

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Would not be surprised if they make some sets to mark the occasion

I'm thinking it would be a great occasion to release another D2C - hopefully Diagon Alley. At this point it will be 10 years since 10217