Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Recommended Posts

On 8/31/2019 at 2:20 PM, Lego-Freak said:

Neat ideas, but I‘d prefer them to move on to OotP, HBP and DH since those have been covered so little in the past :classic:

me too but considering that we're getting more Fantastic Beasts films I'd expect them to take a little more time but i agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PremierComix said:

me too but considering that we're getting more Fantastic Beasts films I'd expect them to take a little more time but i agree

They can do the same thing as last year with fb having its own separate line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PremierComix said:

me too but considering that we're getting more Fantastic Beasts films I'd expect them to take a little more time but i agree

I'm sure we will get more Fantastic Beasts sets but in 2021, when the third movie releases. I'm sure some FB characters will be in a second CMF and next year they might start with OotP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumors are suggesting Warner Brothers is starting production on 2 Cursed Child movies starring the original cast so we may get sets based off that if it actually happens. Though I severely hope this isn't true because Cursed Child is one of the worst stories I've ever read/seen/heard

Edited by Guyon2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Rumors are suggesting Warner Brothers is starting production on 2 Cursed Child movies starring the original cast so we may get sets based off that if it actually happens. Though I severely hope this isn't true because Cursed Child is one of the worst stories I've ever read/seen/heard

I heard she's making a new hp book, that might get a film

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that WB has purchased the rights to Cursed Child, but beyond that it's all just rumours, nothing's been oficially anounced. Maybe they're planning a Cursed Child film after they're done with FB. They bettet not screw us over by not finishing FB though.... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pictures of some of the Frozen II sets have leaked and one of them contains a trans-blue horse mould... Patronus anyone? :moar: (it‘s the minidolll-horse mould, but still)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Pictures of some of the Frozen II sets have leaked and one of them contains a trans-blue horse mould... Patronus anyone? :moar: (it‘s the minidolll-horse mould, but still)

It's a shame everything in those sets is made for minidolls, if they included minifigures and minifigure-sized builds instead of minidolls I would almost certainly buy some of those sets (a lot of Princess sets are actually pretty cool if they had normal figures)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Rumors are suggesting Warner Brothers is starting production on 2 Cursed Child movies starring the original cast so we may get sets based off that if it actually happens. Though I severely hope this isn't true because Cursed Child is one of the worst stories I've ever read/seen/heard

While I'd love to see the original cast back and Maggie Smith back as Headmistress McGonagall, god no, Cursed Child was the worst, they could make movies focused on other wizarding schools... However I'm a completionist so I'll buy the sets if they do these movies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RAMcGonagall said:

While I'd love to see the original cast back and Maggie Smith back as Headmistress McGonagall, god no, Cursed Child was the worst, they could make movies focused on other wizarding schools... However I'm a completionist so I'll buy the sets if they do these movies...

Yeah id love to see for example a beauxbatons or durmstrang spin off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

Yeah id love to see for example a beauxbatons or durmstrang spin off

But this time without them being genderspecific. It always bugged me how Durmstrang only had boys and Beauxbatons only had girls in the films, literally the only thing specific like that about those schools is the country of origin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

But this time without them being genderspecific. It always bugged me how Durmstrang only had boys and Beauxbatons only had girls in the films, literally the only thing specific like that about those schools is the country of origin

I agree, I am starting to believe WB is planning something for Beauxbatons tho, I mean, we got a Beauxbatons carriage set, two Madame Maximes, three Fleurs, a Gabrielle, not to mention the funko pops of Fleur and the new exclusive of Madame Maxime, plus most of the HP merchandise this year (that I have seen so far) is Goblet of Fire based. Just my speculation, I wouldn't be opposed to more Beauxbatons and new characters in Lego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I agree, I am starting to believe WB is planning something for Beauxbatons tho, I mean, we got a Beauxbatons carriage set, two Madame Maximes, three Fleurs, a Gabrielle, not to mention the funko pops of Fleur and the new exclusive of Madame Maxime, plus most of the HP merchandise this year (that I have seen so far) is Goblet of Fire based. Just my speculation, I wouldn't be opposed to more Beauxbatons and new characters in Lego.

Nice observation

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

But this time without them being genderspecific. It always bugged me how Durmstrang only had boys and Beauxbatons only had girls in the films, literally the only thing specific like that about those schools is the country of origin

Yeah didn't like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Rumors are suggesting Warner Brothers is starting production on 2 Cursed Child movies starring the original cast so we may get sets based off that if it actually happens. Though I severely hope this isn't true because Cursed Child is one of the worst stories I've ever read/seen/heard

I feel like if they were to make a movie for Cursed Child, they would do at least some rewrites to adapt the story for film.

also, I understand the hate for the script, but trust me on this: seeing the play is truly a marvelous experience and the story evolves in a much better way when seeing it live, rather than just reading.

if they did make sets part of me wants them to be based on the play, with the different uniforms and logos 😍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

But this time without them being genderspecific. It always bugged me how Durmstrang only had boys and Beauxbatons only had girls in the films, literally the only thing specific like that about those schools is the country of origin

The really irksome thing for me is that they aren’t gender specific in the book. When Harry and Ron refuse to dance at the Yule Ball Parvati and Padma go off to dance with some handsome Beauxbatons boys. And while it’s barely skimmed over there is a throwaway line about a Drumstrang girl (although I can totally imagine Karkoroff being a bit of a sexist and not bringing many girls). It’s the movie that does the schools dirty. 

 

1 hour ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I feel like if they were to make a movie for Cursed Child, they would do at least some rewrites to adapt the story for film.

also, I understand the hate for the script, but trust me on this: seeing the play is truly a marvelous experience and the story evolves in a much better way when seeing it live, rather than just reading.

if they did make sets part of me wants them to be based on the play, with the different uniforms and logos 😍 

I have heard that seeing Cursed Child in theaters is much better than just reading the script. (Which is why I’m actually excited that I’m finally getting a chance to see it in October.) Who knows, a movie adaptation might be just what it needs to get more fans on its side, since most people can’t afford to travel to see the stage production. 

I also really like the idea of sets based on the different designs of the play. I think the costume designs and different house logos are a really fun aspect, and it would be cool to see them in LEGO form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disclaimer: I'm not the Harry Potter fan in our house. But I've never understood the hatred for the Cursed Child. I thought it had some of the charm of the HP books/films. Certainly I would say that we had more fun reading it aloud as a bed time story than we had watching either of the FB films which I found rather dull and underwhelming. But then I like The Last Jedi, so what do I know. :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Retro said:

Disclaimer: I'm not the Harry Potter fan in our house. But I've never understood the hatred for the Cursed Child. I thought it had some of the charm of the HP books/films. Certainly I would say that we had more fun reading it aloud as a bed time story than we had watching either of the FB films which I found rather dull and underwhelming. But then I like The Last Jedi, so what do I know. :classic:

I didn't like it because it was very underwhelming and for a book titled "Harry potter" it sure focuses on the kids a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Retro said:

Disclaimer: I'm not the Harry Potter fan in our house. But I've never understood the hatred for the Cursed Child. I thought it had some of the charm of the HP books/films. Certainly I would say that we had more fun reading it aloud as a bed time story than we had watching either of the FB films which I found rather dull and underwhelming. But then I like The Last Jedi, so what do I know. :classic:

I wouldn't say I have a hatred, it's a thing that exists so I just ignore it. Personally I'm not a fan because of a lot of the character choices, like certain moments between Harry and Albus, Hermione's bitterness in one of the alternate timelines as well as Cedric's turn in another and the revelations of Delphini's parentage and the implications. I'm also not a fan of how Time Travel is used in the story, I have a fondness for the trope but it's got problems similar with how Endgame used it in my opinion.

Alas, if we did get sets, I'd probably pick them up, especially if they were more Hogwarts expansions. 

Edited by AManofNoConsequence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The really irksome thing for me is that they aren’t gender specific in the book. When Harry and Ron refuse to dance at the Yule Ball Parvati and Padma go off to dance with some handsome Beauxbatons boys. And while it’s barely skimmed over there is a throwaway line about a Drumstrang girl (although I can totally imagine Karkoroff being a bit of a sexist and not bringing many girls). It’s the movie that does the schools dirty. 

That's what I meant. If those schools were genderspecific in the books I wouldn't have had a problem with it

5 hours ago, Retro said:

Disclaimer: I'm not the Harry Potter fan in our house. But I've never understood the hatred for the Cursed Child. I thought it had some of the charm of the HP books/films. Certainly I would say that we had more fun reading it aloud as a bed time story than we had watching either of the FB films which I found rather dull and underwhelming. But then I like The Last Jedi, so what do I know. :classic:

I don't really hate it, I actually loved it when I read it for the first time. The Cursed Child actually prompted me to start reading the original books (I had only watched the movies). But when I read it again after I finished books 1-7 I realised it's really bad in comparison to the original Harry Potter books and some things happening in CC don't make any sense at all looking at all that happend before. I'm talking about things like:

- Another TimeTurner, even worse - 2 TIMETURNERS!!!

- The TimeTurners don't work by the original ''time-travel rules'' Rowling set up

- Delphini being the daughter of Voldy and Bellatrix doesn't make any sense timeline-wise, and Voldemort would never want to have a child

- Cedric becoming a deatheather is just stupid, he was described as one of the kindest students in all of Hogwarts. Humiliation wouldn't make him go bad and kill Neville

- Some of the dialogue between characters doesn't match their character in the original books

Though I must say I'll buy the sets if they do come out, I love Harry Potter way too much not to do so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Delphini being the daughter of Voldy and Bellatrix doesn't make any sense timeline-wise, and Voldemort would never want to have a child

Honestly the biggest problem of the story for me. Nothing about Voldemort’s characterization suggests this part of the storyline could happen. 

That being said, I totally would get any sets as well, since I get all the Harry Potter sets and the production design for the play is actually pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.brickfinder.net/2019/09/06/lego-disney-frozen-2-first-look/

The Disney Princess sets just got revealed... My first thoughts were of Hogwarts in bright colors for the Arendelle Castle set. It'd be interesting to mix it with the Hogwarts sets, especially the clocktower, if you don't mind some of the teal pieces and strip out the Frozen specific pieces if you don't want to include them.  The teal would  even go nicely with the yule ball items.  Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, illian420 said:

https://www.brickfinder.net/2019/09/06/lego-disney-frozen-2-first-look/

The Disney Princess sets just got revealed... My first thoughts were of Hogwarts in bright colors for the Arendelle Castle set. It'd be interesting to mix it with the Hogwarts sets, especially the clocktower, if you don't mind some of the teal pieces and strip out the Frozen specific pieces if you don't want to include them.  The teal would  even go nicely with the yule ball items.  Just thought I'd throw this out there.

It's a nice partspack if you're looking for tan pieces, but the castle itself is a little too ''jolly'' to be used as a Hogwarts add-on. I could definetely see it being a part of Hogwarts if you colorswap everything that isn't tan or brown though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the Frozen II set pictures (That are apparently now leaks) are a good sign we'll be seeing more trans-blue Patronus moulds in future sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ultron said:

You could use that Frozen horse for Ginnys patronus

I think it’s actually a water horse based off the trailers. But yes, it would make a decent stand in for Ginny’s patronus even if it is a minidoll horse instead of a normal system one (plus I’m not sure if it’s trans blue with sparkles like the stag or just trans blue). That’s especially nice since Ginny’s large patronus is probably the least likely of all the known patronuses to make it into a set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.