Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Recommended Posts

https://m.imgur.com/yw1msnN

https://m.imgur.com/nThgpb5

https://m.imgur.com/Ia2twx9

https://m.imgur.com/iORt1GX

here is my Horntail after modifications. Sorry about all the links, I have no clue how to post pictures on here that will actually work

The wing and leg articulation is much better using these ball joints rather than click joints, and luckily I had some in dark brown. I used a brown piece from Chima at the end of the tail rather than the black one that was included. I also added another segment to the tail where it meets the body and I added a second spiked section towards the end. Head spikes would have been better in dark tan but brown will have to do. Neck is longer and a lot more spiky. The body is one stud longer and covered in spikes along with a few minor changes in general to the main body. Legs are completely redone, and the feet now have three brown toes in front with one brown claw in the back. I also added some length to the wings using some bricks which are mainly there to cover the technic parts I used to attach the wings to the ball joints. 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from the Lego store and they had all the sets in stock! So happy that I didn’t have to be on the look out for weeks and wasting gas to track them down like last year. I’ll wait a month extra if they are stocked as they were today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I picked up the Build Your Own Adventure book at Barnes and Noble (the street date is tomorrow but I correctly guessed that at least some stores wouldn’t bother when the rest of the Harry Potter Lego came out today). 

For those interested the house tiles are PRINTED not stickers. (Which is odd because you can tell in the official photos that they used stickers.) Just a PSA for anyone interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

So I picked up the Build Your Own Adventure book at Barnes and Noble (the street date is tomorrow but I correctly guessed that at least some stores wouldn’t bother when the rest of the Harry Potter Lego came out today). 

For those interested the house tiles are PRINTED not stickers. (Which is odd because you can tell in the official photos that they used stickers.) Just a PSA for anyone interested. 

How many parts comes with the book?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

How many parts comes with the book?

By my count (including spare small pieces and the extra wand) 105. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

So I picked up the Build Your Own Adventure book at Barnes and Noble (the street date is tomorrow but I correctly guessed that at least some stores wouldn’t bother when the rest of the Harry Potter Lego came out today). 

For those interested the house tiles are PRINTED not stickers. (Which is odd because you can tell in the official photos that they used stickers.) Just a PSA for anyone interested. 

Nice. Picking mine up tomorrow. It’s a shame the minifig isn’t anything special though, like we got with the DC one & Jon Stewart GL. They could’ve used the book as an opportunity to give us a wanted minifig. 

Edited by Vindicare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

here is my Horntail after modifications. Sorry about all the links, I have no clue how to post pictures on here that will actually work

The wing and leg articulation is much better using these ball joints rather than click joints, and luckily I had some in dark brown. I used a brown piece from Chima at the end of the tail rather than the black one that was included. I also added another segment to the tail where it meets the body and I added a second spiked section towards the end. Head spikes would have been better in dark tan but brown will have to do. Neck is longer and a lot more spiky. The body is one stud longer and covered in spikes along with a few minor changes in general to the main body. Legs are completely redone, and the feet now have three brown toes in front with one brown claw in the back. I also added some length to the wings using some bricks which are mainly there to cover the technic parts I used to attach the wings to the ball joints. 

This does look so much better, but for a £30 the one we get is okay for modding. The only suggestion I have is maybe making the neck one ball piece longer, unless you've already tried that and it looks wrong.

 

Well done, how much did the extra bits cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Seaber said:

This does look so much better, but for a £30 the one we get is okay for modding. The only suggestion I have is maybe making the neck one ball piece longer, unless you've already tried that and it looks wrong.

 

Well done, how much did the extra bits cost?

The only piece I had to buy was the brown tail piece, I had all the rest in my spare parts bin. I paid about $2 for 10 of those tail pieces. I figured they might come in handy for other things too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

So I picked up the Build Your Own Adventure book at Barnes and Noble (the street date is tomorrow but I correctly guessed that at least some stores wouldn’t bother when the rest of the Harry Potter Lego came out today). 

For those interested the house tiles are PRINTED not stickers. (Which is odd because you can tell in the official photos that they used stickers.) Just a PSA for anyone interested. 

Thank you for the PSA!  They must have used the stickers from the UCS Hogwarts when they took the photos.  I was tempted by the book already, but now I will go for it when/if the price is right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the Clock Tower yesterday and built it with my modifications - the gear system that I had in the studio file doesn't work, it catches pretty regularly. I got it to work after some more trial and error, I'll post the file sometime tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

https://m.imgur.com/yw1msnN

https://m.imgur.com/nThgpb5

https://m.imgur.com/Ia2twx9

https://m.imgur.com/iORt1GX

here is my Horntail after modifications. Sorry about all the links, I have no clue how to post pictures on here that will actually work

The wing and leg articulation is much better using these ball joints rather than click joints, and luckily I had some in dark brown. I used a brown piece from Chima at the end of the tail rather than the black one that was included. I also added another segment to the tail where it meets the body and I added a second spiked section towards the end. Head spikes would have been better in dark tan but brown will have to do. Neck is longer and a lot more spiky. The body is one stud longer and covered in spikes along with a few minor changes in general to the main body. Legs are completely redone, and the feet now have three brown toes in front with one brown claw in the back. I also added some length to the wings using some bricks which are mainly there to cover the technic parts I used to attach the wings to the ball joints. 

Wow, that looks so much better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Nice. Picking mine up tomorrow. It’s a shame the minifig isn’t anything special though, like we got with the DC one & Jon Stewart GL. They could’ve used the book as an opportunity to give us a wanted minifig. 

I'm actually very happy it doesn't include a special minifigure. Most of the times I really don't care about the books and don't really want to pay $20+ for a minfigure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'm actually very happy it doesn't include a special minifigure. Most of the times I really don't care about the books and don't really want to pay $20+ for a minfigure 

While I haven’t opened up the book yet, it’s a nice parts pack to be used on the Castle for those who are MODing it. But yeah, I get it. The parts from the DC book are still in the book... I buy the books at Barnes & Noble and always wait for a coupon, so I get a nice discount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got Expecto Patronum and the Clocktower today. After seeing it both ways, I can honestly say I like Sirius much better with the lighter brown Moody hair piece. It looks more like him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

I got the book and flipped through the pages a bit. The Fluffy build in there is definitely the standout for the entire book

Could you post a picture? I haven’t seen it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I got Expecto Patronum and the Clocktower today. After seeing it both ways, I can honestly say I like Sirius much better with the lighter brown Moody hair piece. It looks more like him.

I really think the hairpiece they gave him is spot on.  The high hairline subtly adds to his gaunt look.  I built that minifigure and I immediately thought: Oh my god, it’s Gary Oldman!  

However, I think the Moody hair piece in light or dark brown would work well for his Order of the Phoenix appearance, when he’s had time to style his hair.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

After seeing it both ways, I can honestly say I like Sirius much better with the lighter brown Moody hair piece. It looks more like him.

I honestly didn't get this, they made that hairpiece for this line and even teased it in the Station build. Hopefully they'll use a dark brown Moody hairpiece for his other film appearance in the next wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Pearson said:

I got the book and flipped through the pages a bit. The Fluffy build in there is definitely the standout for the entire book

There is some great stuff in there. The House points counter is a particular favorite. As are the pages dedicated to the library. 

Edited by Vindicare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone post a pic of the moody hairpiece in brown on Sirius please 😊 I don’t yet own it in that colour and wondering whether to treck around England to Lego stores to find it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Could someone post a pic of the moody hairpiece in brown on Sirius please 😊 I don’t yet own it in that colour and wondering whether to treck around England to Lego stores to find it

It's available at the build-a-minifigure stand in lego stores, don't know which ones unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's available at the build-a-minifigure stand in lego stores, don't know which ones unfortunately

My Lego store is tiny and doesn’t get much traffic. If they have it, then most probably do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Could someone post a pic of the moody hairpiece in brown on Sirius please 😊 I don’t yet own it in that colour and wondering whether to treck around England to Lego stores to find it

It’s already been posted in the Updating Your Harry Potter Minifigures thread, along with a lot of other great ideas by “Seaber.”   

I meant to add some pictures of my own, but my photography skill is lacking.  

Edited by RogueTwo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.