Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Very nice display cabinets! Any chance they're from IKEA or another big international warehouse? I assume not, but you never know :tongue:

1 hour ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Very nice display cabinets! Any chance they're from IKEA or another big international warehouse? I assume not, but you never know :tongue:

Thanks! I bought them at Conforama, which is the second biggest furniture retailer in Europe :wink: Unless you happen to live in Switzerland, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Croatia, Spain or Portugal, these display cabinets might be really hard to get :look: However, I cannot recommend them enough if you do manage to get your hands on them :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thanks! I bought them at Conforama, which is the second biggest furniture retailer in Europe :wink: Unless you happen to live in Switzerland, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Croatia, Spain or Portugal, these display cabinets might be really hard to get :look: However, I cannot recommend them enough if you do manage to get your hands on them :thumbup:

What about pics of the rest? Looks awesome!

53 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

What about pics of the rest? Looks awesome!

Thanks :purrr: I have all of the current WW sets on display (minus the upcoming two of course), so do you mean the rest of the collection? That would result in quite an array of pictures, I've got around 20 of those display cabinets plus a couple more :snicker: Do we have a collection showcase thread somewhere? A search didn't yield much and I don't want to clutter this thread...

Edited by Lego-Freak

As I eagerly await the Voldemort's Return set, I can't help but wish they chose a different set of faces for Harry. Given how he is in that scene his face should be a pairing of scared/panicking worry and frazzled-but-brave determination. I can make do with the cross face he'll come with in the set but I wish there was a more varied option.

Anyone tried adding the three stacks to the main tower as seen in previous harry potter sets?  I tried doing the mod by literally Doing the same thing the huge set tried to but the setup is wrong with the smaller set and im kind of stuck, thank you

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Thanks :purrr: I have all of the current WW sets on display (minus the upcoming two of course)

Forgot what thread I was in and thought there was a leak for Wonder Woman sets :laugh:

12 hours ago, eldiano said:

Anyone tried adding the three stacks to the main tower as seen in previous harry potter sets?  I tried doing the mod by literally Doing the same thing the huge set tried to but the setup is wrong with the smaller set and im kind of stuck, thank you

I only managed to add 2 turrets using some ball joints. I tried 3 turrets but that just looked really bad so I settled on 2

12 hours ago, eldiano said:

I just modified the technique used in the micro scale castle

13 hours ago, eldiano said:

I did it last year, I hope it helps :)) 

https://www.iloveimg.com/es/descarga/4f2rr9lr10Aw7gb632wr03fjxj0zvytt3dwjldA0p77qlptskg5lpntb4bhAdwczbbcdsn7rvk7g6fynr3z8qvmA46njcn2f2hwzvc8As81cy57h6vpp7yw6zp79p2wkfp2f1l4nxs80v2nn52t99vq5mqndAdgmcmcv11h7s4wzf7t4q38q/1 

Sorry, if you want to see the image you have to download it... I'm having issues posting big pictures :/

Edited by AdriWho

45 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

I just modified the technique used in the micro scale castle

The 400 dollar castle right? How did you do it?, did you mimic, the same build? I tried going that route but noticed they have different ways of building the tower

14 minutes ago, AdriWho said:

I did it last year, I hope it helps :)) 

https://www.iloveimg.com/es/descarga/4f2rr9lr10Aw7gb632wr03fjxj0zvytt3dwjldA0p77qlptskg5lpntb4bhAdwczbbcdsn7rvk7g6fynr3z8qvmA46njcn2f2hwzvc8As81cy57h6vpp7yw6zp79p2wkfp2f1l4nxs80v2nn52t99vq5mqndAdgmcmcv11h7s4wzf7t4q38q/1 

Sorry, if you want to see the image you have to download it... I'm having issues posting big pictures :/

Thank you so much! That looks amazing!  

It´s my biggest pet peeve i guess that this is the only Harry Potter set without the iconic three towers, all,the previous three had them

35 minutes ago, eldiano said:

The 400 dollar castle right? How did you do it?, did you mimic, the same build? I tried going that route but noticed they have different ways of building the tower

You should be able to zoom in and check it out. The only issue I’ve found is that it makes the roof panel loose if you move the castle around too much (I just moved it when the pic was taken and didn’t notice that) Just sitting there, it will stay in place though.

What's the best way to start building a base for the castle? I'm just getting into building onto the sets and don't have a large parts library to work with yet.

24 minutes ago, semajames said:

What's the best way to start building a base for the castle? I'm just getting into building onto the sets and don't have a large parts library to work with yet.

I Bricklinked several dark tan BURPs like the USC castle uses and filled in the gaps and holes and added detail from my own collection.

1 hour ago, The Pearson said:

I Bricklinked several dark tan BURPs like the USC castle uses and filled in the gaps and holes and added detail from my own collection.

That’s what I would recommend as well. It would look fine with dark grey BURPs too and they might be cheaper, but dark tan looks best

I don‘t think anybody has pointed this out yet: Contrary to popular belief (at least in this thread), the Ellie Sattler minifig from the recently unveiled JP D2C set doesn‘t use the new Fleur face print from the Beauxbaton Carriage set :wacko: This makes the sudden appearance of that print even more confusing... You won‘t see me complaining though :grin:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don‘t think anybody has pointed this out yet: Contrary to popular belief (at least in this thread), the Ellie Sattler minifig from the recently unveiled JP D2C set doesn‘t use the new Fleur face print from the Beauxbaton Carriage set :wacko: This makes the sudden appearance of that print even more confusing... You won‘t see me complaining though :grin:

It was probably designed later than the other two versions, and with a bit more of a budget. A lot of nice new prints in that set, not to mention the new hat/hair mold (which does have a ponytail in the back)

On 3 June 2019 at 5:07 PM, daniboy1997 said:

i remember seeing hundreds and hundreds of those HP polybags in legoland not so long ago!

what are we hoping the polybag will be this year if there is one?  

A bit late to answer this but I hope for a Polybag we get Hagrid on his motorcycle with sidecar and baby Harry. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Frog said:

A bit late to answer this but I hope for a Polybag we get Hagrid on his motorcycle with sidecar and baby Harry. 

I'm fairly certain Hagrid is too big for a polybag and probably also to expensive. Just look at how his figure alone jacked up the price for the sets he came in (especially the BB Carriage and his Hut, though that one has Buckbeak too)

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm fairly certain Hagrid is too big for a polybag and probably also to expensive. Just look at how his figure alone jacked up the price for the sets he came in (especially the BB Carriage and his Hut, though that one has Buckbeak too)

Not to mention the light brick

lol do any of you guys remember the OG rumoured Harry Potter CMF list- and none of them were in it, it’d be funny if we ended up getting a lot of them in the HP CMF 2 - I’d love a baby harry 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Hut price is probably jacked up because of Buckbeak and the light brick. The Great Hall because he was one of many new molds. The Beauxbatons Carriage because they had to do a color change and a new print for him. So it’s possible that a poly bag using his regular outfit could work. The thing that could get expensive is the motorcycle, they’d have to make an entirely new one to accommodate Hagrid’s proportions, plus a sidecar. I couldn’t see it in a poly bag unless they made it for a set first (Battle of the Seven Harrys anyone?). Maybe if it’s using preexisting pieces for Hagrid and the Motorbike, and the only new print was baby Harry, I could see a poly bag, but it would still be pushing it.   

7 hours ago, Legoniche said:

lol do any of you guys remember the OG rumoured Harry Potter CMF list- and none of them were in it, it’d be funny if we ended up getting a lot of them in the HP CMF 2 - I’d love a baby harry 

What figures were on that list? You've made me curious!

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

What figures were on that list? You've made me curious!

The four house ghosts were on that list, and so were the Dursleys and Harry’s parents. I can’t remember the rest because it was such a boring roster, especially when compared with the much superior roster we got instead :grin:

The most memorable thing about that list was the fact that a translation error resulted in the Fat Friar being called "Thick Monk." :laugh: I think it also had the Weasley twins, Moaning Myrtle, and Madame Hooch, but I can't really be bothered to seek out the full list.