Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Why are people saying Hermione and snape in the quidditch set is random- it was based on the first film where snape is supposedly cursing Harry’s broom (even tho we know it’s quirell) and then Hermione comes to the rescue.

also thought of another HBP set that could go for £12, ‘harry vs Draco: bathroom battle’- you know the scene where they get their Wands out and harry makes Draco bleed, yeah.

also if you put Gandalf the whites hair on the CMF dumbledore you get a good HBP dumbledore (give him a dark grey hand) 

2 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

I have to say I'm rather disappointed with the scale of the graveyard duel.The original set had much more content.

Yes, but I would argue that you get everything you need with the same number of figs this time. Lego needs to make sets in different sizes, so to me it was the right call to make a small set of this scene and instead give the 500 piece set to Hagrid's Hut :wink:

2 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Why are people saying Hermione and snape in the quidditch set is random- it was based on the first film where snape is supposedly cursing Harry’s broom (even tho we know it’s quirell) and then Hermione comes to the rescue.

I at least do not say it is random, they played a important part in Harry's first quidditch match. That was the point since the new sets include figs that was important in a specific scene. Older sets would instead include e.g. Madam Hooch that play a part in every match instead of only one.

3 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

I have to say I'm rather disappointed with the scale of the graveyard duel.The original set had much more content.

I mean, if you take out the Riddle headstone and cauldron from the 2005 set, there’s pretty much nothing to indicate that you’ve got a Harry Potter set. It’s just a fairly nice generic graveyard. None of the other builds from that set resembled anything from the movie, they just added them to pad the size. This time around it’s a small set instead of a medium one, so they limited it to just the headstone and immediate area as shown in the movie. 

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I mean, if you take out the Riddle headstone and cauldron from the 2005 set, there’s pretty much nothing to indicate that you’ve got a Harry Potter set. It’s just a fairly nice generic graveyard. None of the other builds from that set resembled anything from the movie, they just added them to pad the size. This time around it’s a small set instead of a medium one, so they limited it to just the headstone and immediate area as shown in the movie. 

I like graveyard sets in general,that's why I'm disappointed with this iteration of the set,because the graveyard is too small.I mean the graveyard set from the Hidden Side theme is more impressive.

6 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

All content the original set had besides what's also included in the new set was just some random filler to jack up the price. I much rather have something like the new set than the old set

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

I like graveyard sets in general,that's why I'm disappointed with this iteration of the set,because the graveyard is too small.I mean the graveyard set from the Hidden Side theme is more impressive.

You are comparing a €30 (335 pieces) (Hidden Side) with a €20 (184 pieces) set.

Overall, Hidden Side also has a better price to volume ratio as it doesn't seem to have any ties to licenses at all, no TV show or movies.  Only the Train set is more expensive, due to train parts usually are (rails, wheels, bogeys, magnets etc)

Edited by TeriXeri

23 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

You are comparing a €30 (335 pieces) (Hidden Side) with a €20 (184 pieces) set.

Overall, Hidden Side also has a better price to volume ratio as it doesn't seem to have any ties to licenses at all, no TV show or movies.  Only the Train set is more expensive, due to train parts usually are (rails, wheels, bogeys, magnets etc)

I know this isn't a fair comparison,I just wish the graveyard in the HP set was more expansive.

Just now, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Are the Hidden Side sets on sale yet? 

No, August release.

I love the graveyard set, I think it’s exactly what it needs to be. The o my thing I think I would do differently is add some actual detailed gravestones instead of using those curved plate pieces. Some more intricate ones like the Deathly Hallows gravestone. The open space won’t look so open and unused when you put the cauldron there

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

All content the original set had besides what's also included in the new set was just some random filler to jack up the price. I much rather have something like the new set than the old set

Honestly this is basically what I’ve been thinking all along. It was well designed random filler, but it was still just there to up the price point. 

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I love the graveyard set, I think it’s exactly what it needs to be. The o my thing I think I would do differently is add some actual detailed gravestones instead of using those curved plate pieces. Some more intricate ones like the Deathly Hallows gravestone. The open space won’t look so open and unused when you put the cauldron there

Definitely. Especially at the price point it is, it’s fantastic. The only thing I’d like to see would be more Death Eaters(as everyone else here), given that the scene had...what, 5? I don’t imagine those will go cheap for n the secondary market. 

2 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Definitely. Especially at the price point it is, it’s fantastic. The only thing I’d like to see would be more Death Eaters(as everyone else here), given that the scene had...what, 5? I don’t imagine those will go cheap for n the secondary market. 

Something like that yeah. We'll probably get more death eaters in the long run to build an army, but I can imagine this being the only time we'll see the GoF one (which looks a lot different from the others), at least for now.

I see you get last years polybag with HP purchase at shop@home.. Probably just means that they have a surplus of it, but hopefully it do not mean that we won't get a new HP polybag this year :wacko:

31 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I see you get last years polybag with HP purchase at shop@home.. Probably just means that they have a surplus of it, but hopefully it do not mean that we won't get a new HP polybag this year :wacko:

Do you get these in store too? 

32 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Do you get these in store too? 

Not sure, but I think the promos at shop@home and Lego brand stores are usually the same :shrug_oh_well:

... what‘s the point of pre-ordering sets on s@h again? It’s the 3rd of June and my order still hasn‘t been shipped yet :roflmao: Might as well have ordered them on the 1st like the rest of the summer sets 

24 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

... what‘s the point of pre-ordering sets on s@h again? It’s the 3rd of June and my order still hasn‘t been shipped yet :roflmao: Might as well have ordered them on the 1st like the rest of the summer sets 

Yeah me to and I'm in the UK. Irony is, I also won't get the polybag either because I didn't order on or after 1st June which seems a bit unfair to loyal customers. I only preordered as I had some points and last year the sets went to backorder quickly, but they seem to have plenty availability this year. I wish they'd hurry up as I'm starting to wish I had gone to Amazon. :(

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

i remember seeing hundreds and hundreds of those HP polybags in legoland not so long ago!

what are we hoping the polybag will be this year if there is one?  

1 hour ago, daniboy1997 said:

what are we hoping the polybag will be this year if there is one?  

Rita Skeeter would be cool to go with the Triwizard sets, but somehow I can't see that happening.

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Rita Skeeter would be cool to go with the Triwizard sets, but somehow I can't see that happening.

Truly exclusive minifigures don’t seem to be all that common in the current polybags. 

I agree that Rita Skeeter seems a good choice to give us with this wave, but we might need to wait for a different type of promo (or a cmf) for her. 

7 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Truly exclusive minifigures don’t seem to be all that common in the current polybags. 

Exactly, nowadays it's mostly variants of already existing characters for most themes, and I don't think we've ever had a HP polybag with an exclusive minifig, not even a variant or anything :grin:

Well I've only gotten my hands on the Clocktower so far, and it is quite lovely and a nice substantial addition to the Great Hall. Building it gave me some nostalgia for the play features of older sets - while the new Hogwarts sets are so much better aesthetically, the original ones with their random trap doors and spinning walls and hidden items actually captured the spirit of Hogwarts from the books.

The minifigures are quite good overall. I love Madame Maxime. Dumbledore suffers from those quality issues that we've unfortunately come to expect with the printing being misaligned between his dress piece and his torso, and the white printing on the dress piece not opaque enough. Krum's head piece is really so bad - I don't know how they couldn't have the budget to make one more new face print (Krum doesn't even need a reverse one since he always looks the same). Hermione looks good from the front but there's something unsettling about her legs being a 1x2 brick when viewed from the side.

Dumbledore's office is a massive pain in the butt with stickers (like 80% of the sticker sheet!), and they've set it up so that it's not even playable despite there being extra unused space in the back. Very easy to MOD yes, but I don't get why it wasn't designed that way in the first place.

The interior of the Clock Tower section is just ok. The infirmary has good builds but I think I would've preferred a Divination classroom. The one classroom also is a little bit lackluster and has some odd details like a glass dome with nothing underneath it. A proper setup with desks would've been more multi-purpose I feel.

I love the dance floor section using the new gears. It's super fun. The one thing I wish it had though was a knob for remote, continuous spinning of the dance floor, kind of like there is in the new Jurassic World egg spinner set. It's hard to get the full experience out of the dance floor when you have to manually push it around, though it still is fun regardless.

13 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Exactly, nowadays it's mostly variants of already existing characters for most themes, and I don't think we've ever had a HP polybag with an exclusive minifig, not even a variant or anything :grin:

I guess a polybag including a dementor or death eater is the best we can hope for to armybuild them :shrug_oh_well: Maybe Harry with dementor boggart :wink: