Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

55 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Wow @TheRandomBlocker chill TF out. Try to understand that it’s frustrating for us. No need to flip a table over someone venting their frustration. All of us here are extremely passionate about these “kid’s toys”, you included, otherwise we wouldn’t be here. Plenty of Europeans complained last year, so get over the whole “Americans just complain” nonsense you’re spouting. I respect you on this forum, I truly do, this is not me trying to shut you up, but please try to understand it’s a very frustrating situation for us because of how much we love Lego, and just let people discuss their frustration. If someone is crossing a line, the mods will step in. That hasn’t happened, so there’s no need to tell everyone what they should be feeling.

Thank youuuu, we’re called ADULT Fans of Lego for a reason lol. We’re obviously all passionate here, no need for certain users to get a superiority complex... anywayssss

Just now, Vindicare said:

Well, aside from Target, I’ve talked to the same folks you have, they said they had the same info I did. When I asked S@H about the two release dates & when the US one was, they said they know as much as I do. Then with the store I go to, was told they don’t have the information yet. Guess we’ll know for sure next Friday. 

Fingers crossed! Only thing is if we really were getting them June 1 stores would most likely already have the sets in stock, in which case employees wouldn’t be saying they “have the same information we do” unless they’re playing coy.... we’ll see!

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

My thoughts:

1. It’s not fair to call big American retailers incompetent, because then the blame goes on the low workers.  If anything, they are exploitative corporations, but I realize that’s way off topic and politically charged.  

2. RandomBlocker, you seemed like a nice guy, what changed?

3. Balrog of Morgoth, you seemed irrational before, but now you’re talking some sense.  

4. I’m sorry people had to wait last year, I’m sorry they have to wait this year.

5. I came here for a “hot” topic, and it’s literally half a page of people flaming each other.  Even if no one reports it, mods do know how to find this thread on their own.  Let’s not get it shut down.  

6. My personal feeling about the release date is that I wouldn’t mind waiting two months if it were advertised as such, which it’s not.  Maybe LEGO is just playing it be ear, and we could just randomly get the sets whenever they think they have enough supply, be it late June or mid-August.  Time will tell.  If anyone has a Time Turner, you can tell.  

Yes, I definitely had an emotional reaction at first. I’ve had time to accept it by now so I’m not as crazed over it, but it still is extremely irritating and I’m not happy, especially with the lack of communication like you said.

30 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Fingers crossed! Only thing is if we really were getting them June 1 stores would most likely already have the sets in stock, in which case employees wouldn’t be saying they “have the same information we do” unless they’re playing coy.... we’ll see!

It really depends on who you ask. I remember when I was looking for the new Disney cmf on the day it released - I went to a barnes and noble that the website said had it stock, but couldn’t find the box on any of the shelves. Asked an employee and he claimed they couldn’t have it in ‘because he knows everything that comes in.’ Either the store missed their shipment and the website didn’t get the message or the guy was just patronizing me because he didn’t want to check the stockroom. Either way asking employees at a local store isn’t foolproof. 

1 hour ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

There are more important things to be angry about than LEGOs.

Like... people unnecessarily pluralizing LEGO?!?!:cry3::damn:

(I kid.)

Anyway, the forum has an "Ignore" feature, which I find enormously handy.

And on the subject of most wanted new characters? My vote's gotta go to Tonks, followed closely by Moaning Myrtle.

Just now, Accio Lego said:

It really depends on who you ask. I remember when I was looking for the new Disney cmf on the day it released - I went to a barnes and noble that the website said had it stock, but couldn’t find the box on any of the shelves. Asked an employee and he claimed they couldn’t have it in ‘because he knows everything that comes in.’ Either the store missed their shipment and the website didn’t get the message or the guy was just patronizing me because he didn’t want to check the stockroom. Either way asking employees at a local store isn’t foolproof. 

If they’re releasing anywhere at all on June 1st, then I don’t believe for a second that Lego Customer Service doesn’t know about it, which is what they’re telling everyone. Wish they would start communicating better. It’s not like the sets are still a secret, they’ve been revealed.

5 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Like... people unnecessarily pluralizing LEGO?!?!:cry3::damn:

(I kid.)

Anyway, the forum has an "Ignore" feature, which I find enormously handy.

And on the subject of most wanted new characters? My vote's gotta go to Tonks, followed closely by Moaning Myrtle.

Tonks + the rest of what we’ll be getting from OOTP make me so excited for the next wave. Its funny, everything we’ve gotten so far has been brilliant but we’ve never gotten more than 10 sets TOTAL (probably less) from the second half of the movies. So the wait for the next set of leaks is bound to be literally excruciating considering how hyped its going to be. 

Just now, m0repotter said:

Tonks + the rest of what we’ll be getting from OOTP make me so excited for the next wave. Its funny, everything we’ve gotten so far has been brilliant but we’ve never gotten more than 10 sets TOTAL (probably less) from the second half of the movies. So the wait for the next set of leaks is bound to be literally excruciating considering how hyped its going to be. 

Well let’s see...

- the OotP themed Hogwarts Castle 

and then from the 2010-11 wave:

- the Burrow 

- Battle of Hogwarts 

- Forbidden Forest Confrontation

and HBP elements included in

- the 2010 Hogwarts 

- 2010 Hogwarts Express 

- Diagon Alley D2C 

- and maybe 2010 Hagrid’s Hut

So that’s about 8 sets, and half of them have specific elements from other movies. Plus there were about 14 new characters introduced in the 2010-11 wave and only 4 of them were introduced in OotP or later. 

Yeah, the later movies got screwed over. I’m really looking forward to seeing the next two waves of sets based off them, and as far as minifigures go I’m really looking forward to finally getting Tonks and Kingsley. 

There are no new Hogwarts students this wave. I understand why and Lego are in it for the long run this time so we will get them in a future wave most likely, but overall we are missing several CMF series worth of figs *huh*

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, the later movies got screwed over. I’m really looking forward to seeing the next two waves of sets based off them

Yes,  I do not mind that they make new versions of older sets, since the new ones are better and some of the old ones are almost 20 years old. Last year only the WW was new and this year EP and BC is, but the two next waves will have several never before made sets most likely :excited:

17 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

There are no new Hogwarts students this wave. I understand why and Lego are in it for the long run this time so we will get them in a future wave most likely, but overall we are missing several CMF series worth of figs *huh*

Yeah I assume we'll probably get more next wave because sets based on OotP should hopefully feature a good set of students for Dumbledore's Army. Combine that with probably another Malfoy appearance and hopefully we'll get a full set in next year's sets.

8 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Thestral for my demon army.  

Okay now that sounds cool ?

25 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Yeah I assume we'll probably get more next wave because sets based on OotP should hopefully feature a good set of students for Dumbledore's Army. Combine that with probably another Malfoy appearance and hopefully we'll get a full set in next year's sets.

Yes. This is actually why I want next year’s big castle section to be based around the DA patronus lesson in particular. It’s got the potential for all four houses’ uniform torsos and some more trans blue animals, plus it’s an iconic scene which stars pretty much all the main characters and fan favorites and then some. (And in contrast, I can’t think of a HBP scene which would allow them to really go to town with the uniforms.)

Does anyone else like those ‘corridor rooms’ they put in hogwarts castles? I’m a big fan of the HP Lego games and I like some of the designs there are and the feel of it, and I like some of the previous hogwarts where a room was just some stonework or even a statue, that being said I’d love to see:

-library + maybe forbidden library 

-another classroom (maybe transfiguration)

-slytherin common room

-girls bathroom

Edited by Legoniche

I'm just hoping we won't get just one Hogwarts extension next year. I really love the Clocktower but 2 (or more) sections of Hogwarts every year would be a lot better

Edited by Guyon2002
double post

Well, I hope the theme continues at all, that whole ‘limited availability’ thing of this year’s wave has me worried a bit :look: 

I don't think anyone has pointed this out before, but has anyone noticed Fleur/Gabrielle's new head/hair combo-piece would work incredibly well for Vinda Rosier from CoG (allbeit with a recolor)?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor vinda rosier

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think anyone has pointed this out before, but has anyone noticed Fleur/Gabrielle's new head/hair combo-piece would work incredibly well for Vinda Rosier from CoG (allbeit with a recolor)?

Well spotted :sweet:
Would not be surprised if we get her in the next FB wave with that piece now :wink:

1 hour ago, Hogwarts said:

People have a right to be annoyed. I would be.

And people also have a right to be annoyed at the people who are annoyed. And then the first group of people can get annoyed at the people who are annoyed that they're annoyed. And then this goes on for a dozen pages, and suddenly we're no better than the Star Wars thread.

Oh yay we moved three pages there must be some concrete news today..... Sigh

There is no point in complaining about the release date because we have no power in changing in it. Just because you wrote a whole diatribe on Eurobricks doesn’t mean Lego will magically get stock... I’m from the US and I honestly don’t care at all (thank you Tool for teaching me patience!). Buy another Lego set to keep you busy, I just bought the Tantive IV and it’s the best Star Wars set in years... Ninjago City is another beautiful build. Lego is putting out so many great sets across all themes the last two years and it’s crazy. Go explore and August will be here in no time. 

Edited by RODDY

Hahaha, it's ridiculus how immature some of you can be. All the complaining really does not make the AFOL community look good.

So going back to LEGO, what are the chances of a new Fluffy? No doubt they left him/her/them out of the first year sets because it would require at least one new mould. Maybe they also couldn't decide wether to make him partly brickbuild. I personaly would be perfectly happy with the old version, but I doesn:t really fit modern LEGO standards, there is no chance they'll reuse it.

18 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Hahaha, it's ridiculus how immature some of you can be. All the complaining really does not make the AFOL community look good.

So going back to LEGO, what are the chances of a new Fluffy? No doubt they left him/her/them out of the first year sets because it would require at least one new mould. Maybe they also couldn't decide wether to make him partly brickbuild. I personaly would be perfectly happy with the old version, but I doesn:t really fit modern LEGO standards, there is no chance they'll reuse it.

Well, Fluffy only really had a very small role in the first book/movie. So if they do indeed return to past movies after they've finished up the last few movie I'd say it could be possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

The way I see it, several large creatures got omitted because they didn’t have the mold budget for them in the first wave. Fluffy, the troll, Fawkes and the Basalisk. Not to mention the second task in this wave, which I think got passed over because new merfolk tails, Krum’s shark head, and possibly grindylows would be adding too much mold budget to a wave that already has two large creatures. 

Whether or not Lego will come back to do these sets is up for debate, but I think there’s a higher chance of them happening the longer the theme keeps going. Which means supporting the theme by buying the current sets and letting Lego know how much we like them through web platforms. 

I think there is a high chance of seeing those once TLG circles back to fill in the missing sets from the first movies, however I believe (and would prefer) that the large creatures would be brick built with maybe a head mold or something similar, this would keep all the creatures in the new sets looking cohesive and add to the playability of building and posing them. I’d like to see fluffy, the troll, the basilisk and from latter movies definitely the Norwegian ridgeback and maybe grawp.

keeping them brickbuilt with molded elements would keep the aesthetic from aragog, the horntail and the three beasts from Newts case. 

Since the new Harry Potter set are available in Europe, I'm wondering if anyone's tried to modify the Horn Tail. I personally think it needs more spikes, teeth printed on the head and better legs.

20 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I think there is a high chance of seeing those once TLG circles back to fill in the missing sets from the first movies, however I believe (and would prefer) that the large creatures would be brick built with maybe a head mold or something similar, this would keep all the creatures in the new sets looking cohesive and add to the playability of building and posing them. I’d like to see fluffy, the troll, the basilisk and from latter movies definitely the Norwegian ridgeback and maybe grawp.

keeping them brickbuilt with molded elements would keep the aesthetic from aragog, the horntail and the three beasts from Newts case. 

I think the partially brick built method would work with the basalisk, Grawp and the Ukrainian Ironbelly (Gringott’s dragon), but I think the troll and Fluffy are in that in between size where you can brick build them but they look so much better molded, like Buckbeak.

Fawkes straight up needs to be molded - I have the 2002 Chamber of Secrets and the Fawkes from that is so much better than the little brick built thing we got last year in the Great Hall it’s not even funny.