Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

7 minutes ago, topiku said:

Last kngiht bus had about 250 pieces, the price is 65€ so we‘re probably getting 700 pieces which means there would be 450 pieces left for a privet drive which could fit imo.

That was 2011 tho. I think there should like 350 pieces for it now at very least.

And we don't know which set which set number.

Edited by dimaks13

11 hours ago, Ultron said:

I wonder if Lego would make a new dog mold and try to use it for both Sirius and Fang? Put animagus Sirius in the Knight Bus and Fang in the hut. Obviously they're different dogs, but I guess they could use printing to differentiate them if the mold is basic enough

I think they will make a new mould for padfoot, they will not use it for Fang.. Either they will make a new Fang mould or not include him in the set. They have a new fresh mould budget this time, and they made plenty last year they do not need to do now.. So I hope they will make at least 2-3 new animals/creatures moulds this year :grin_wub: And by the way not being so stingy with the owls this wave :tongue: 

Personally, I think brick built dragons look terrible. I don’t buy ninjago sets but I’ve seen the dragons and I don’t like them at all. I thought Smaug was perfect so I really want that style for the Horntail

38 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Personally, I think brick built dragons look terrible. I don’t buy ninjago sets but I’ve seen the dragons and I don’t like them at all. I thought Smaug was perfect so I really want that style for the Horntail

Completely agreed, but I think a brick built horntail would work if it had a molded head, given the spiky and rough texture of it.

7 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Completely agreed, but I think a brick built horntail would work if it had a molded head, given the spiky and rough texture of it.

With a molded head it could work, as long as they make the body and legs thick and full and not skeletal looking like most brick built dragons. It would make it look to robotic like the ninjago dragons. I absolutely love Smaug’s wings though and I really hope they can bring those back. If there even is a Horntail, I don’t want to get ahead of myself here. But Lego knows that big creatures sell very well so I don’t doubt it will happen at some point even if it isn’t this year

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

With a molded head it could work, as long as they make the body and legs thick and full and not skeletal looking like most brick built dragons. It would make it look to robotic like the ninjago dragons. I absolutely love Smaug’s wings though and I really hope they can bring those back. If there even is a Horntail, I don’t want to get ahead of myself here. But Lego knows that big creatures sell very well so I don’t doubt it will happen at some point even if it isn’t this year

Yeah, I think if they're going to do a goblet of fire set, it has to be the Horntail.

Last year I thought the graveyard scene would be a great small set, but since we got Voldemort and Cedric in the CMFs, I don't see them doing it again.

I don’t think people understand these may not even be all the sets. The Hogwarts Express never even got a rumor before it leaked, nor set number. It also took months before we got a Quidditch Number. Also some of these sets may not have been matched up exactly. I don’t think they would give us a Privet Drive in a Night Bus set. The Night Bus isn’t a popular set as is, but if they’re going to bump it to 70$ and add a Privet Drive it still may not sell well. However there is a possibility since they saved the Dursley’s, but still. The same can be said about Chamber of secrets minifigures.

Also I do think it will be sort of like the clock tower from 2004, but also mixing in some of Lego’s own ideas like they did for the Womping Willow set’s Castle did. And the castle may also include the Hospital Wing, and I can see a greenhouse since we have nothing to do with these Herbology Uniforms. Some may doubt this, but Lego loves crossing movies together in sets, look at the 2010 Hogwarts Express. If this is right I hope we see Harry, Hermione (Time Turner), Serius, Fred, George, Madame Pomfrey, Professor Srpout and the Buckbeak seen in the poster. Of course this is all speculation, nothing true about it.

1 hour ago, LDDproductions said:

Also I do think it will be sort of like the clock tower from 2004, but also mixing in some of Lego’s own ideas like they did for the Womping Willow set’s Castle did. And the castle may also include the Hospital Wing, and I can see a greenhouse since we have nothing to do with these Herbology Uniforms. Some may doubt this, but Lego loves crossing movies together in sets, look at the 2010 Hogwarts Express. If this is right I hope we see Harry, Hermione (Time Turner), Serius, Fred, George, Madame Pomfrey, Professor Srpout and the Buckbeak seen in the poster. Of course this is all speculation, nothing true about it.

Multi-year sets are the best sets to be honest! Although most pieces of the Hogwarts castle are usuable for more than one year

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Multi-year sets are the best sets to be honest! Although most pieces of the Hogwarts castle are usuable for more than one year

Oh absolutely, I think all of the connectable Hogwarts section sets are multi-year sets with a focus on one in particular. I feel like the Great Hall focuses most on SS while including some aspects of COS and likewise the WW set focuses most on COS while including aspects of SS and POA. It’s a brilliant strategy by lego and makes the sets far more desirable. But sets like Aragog’s Lair and most likely Triwizard Challenge are meant to cover one specific scene from a specific film which is great too. So lego knows what they’re doing and are giving us what we’ve wanted for a long time. I’m really excited about any HP sets they give us and will certainly be buying them all, regardless of whether or not they are in my top wishlist sets

2 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

I don’t think people understand these may not even be all the sets. The Hogwarts Express never even got a rumor before it leaked, nor set number. It also took months before we got a Quidditch Number. Also some of these sets may not have been matched up exactly. I don’t think they would give us a Privet Drive in a Night Bus set. The Night Bus isn’t a popular set as is, but if they’re going to bump it to 70$ and add a Privet Drive it still may not sell well. However there is a possibility since they saved the Dursley’s, but still. The same can be said about Chamber of secrets minifigures.

That’s very true, for all we know his isn’t all of them, we certainly had a surprise or two last wave. And idk if they would include Privet Drive I’m the Knight Bus set (it would certainly be nice) but I’m hoping we at least get the Dursleys in the set

Maybe it is possible that a small façade is included in the Knight bus set. Just like this that appears inside the official lego book:

91pAe5G1CXL.jpg

Edited by AdriWho

Just now, AdriWho said:

Maybe it is possible that a small façade is included in the Knight bus set. Just like this that appears inside the official lego book:

91pAe5G1CXL.jpg

Where is that from? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. And given the fact that it looks to be a book made directly by LEGO then maybe that’s the official build.

Just now, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

Where is that from? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. And given the fact that it looks to be a book made directly by LEGO then maybe that’s the official build.

It is from Build your adventure book! I wish we could get something like that. It seems it has some cool ideas for the Diagon Alley Magical Wall too

91-C2+h+KjL.jpg

5 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

And given the fact that it looks to be a book made directly by LEGO then maybe that’s the official build.

1 minute ago, AdriWho said:

It is from Build your adventure book! I wish we could get something like that. It seems it has some cool ideas for the Diagon Alley Magical Wall too

Which figure is included in the book? Anyway the façade looks pretty cool. Not the build we might get ofcourse, they never reveal sets in books like that. It's just an idea for what you can build yourself. Pretty sure that if they give is privet drive they at least include a room inside.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Which figure is included in the book? Anyway the façade looks pretty cool. Not the build we might get ofcourse, they never reveal sets in books like that. It's just an idea for what you can build yourself. Pretty sure that if they give is privet drive they at least include a room inside.

From what is hinted, it seems that harry and the sorting hat will be included.

I’m surprised that even though Lego has/had a serviceable Star Wars Dewback mold, they went with a brick-built Dewback for the set. Makes me wonder if we’re likely not to see larger molds in the future, such as could be the case for HP dragons. 

Edited by HawkLord

Just now, HawkLord said:

I’m surprised that even though Lego has/had a serviceable Star Wars Dewback mold, they went with a brick-built Dewback for the set. Makes me wonder if we’re likely not to see larger molds in the future, such as could be the case for HP dragons. 

Dont forget the creatures in Newts case were largely brick built. 

Edited by Ultron

52 minutes ago, HawkLord said:

The brick built Dewback was for a Microfighter. The whole point of them is having a micro sized brick build to ride around in. Using a large molded figure defeats the purpose of that. I'm sure had it been a system scale set like another Mos Eisley Cantina we would've gotten the molded version again.

14 hours ago, topiku said:

Last kngiht bus had about 250 pieces, the price is 65€ so we‘re probably getting 700 pieces which means there would be 450 pieces left for a privet drive which could fit imo.

The last set was in 2010, lego has had huge, huge hugggeeee improvement in design engineering and pieces since then, notably meaning higher piece counts. The bus itself could easily be 600 odd pieces.

18 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

The last set was in 2010, lego has had huge, huge hugggeeee improvement in design engineering and pieces since then, notably meaning higher piece counts. The bus itself could easily be 600 odd pieces.

If that’s the case, I hope it at least includes the Dursley’s as minifigs because having just the bus with Harry, Stan, and Ernie is just not all that interesting these days. It’ll be an immediate buy for me regardless, as will every one of these sets, but for whatever reason, I really want the Dursley’s and this seems like the set to include them unless they are being saved for a future CMF series

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hm, there's also that new bird mould that was just introduced, but interestingly with a different print than the one in the Aladdin set :oh3:

Interesting that they include it, so I am sure we well see it in more sets soon, but is not that the same print as in Aladdin?

Just now, Roebuck said:

Interesting that they include it, so I am sure we well see it in more sets soon, but is not that the same print as in Aladdin?

These have white pupils whereas the one in the Aladdin set has solid black eyes :wink:

Edit: both the Aladdin boxart and the leaked part had black eyes while the inventory on brickset shows the version with pupils... Kinda weird

Edited by Lego-Freak

10 hours ago, AdriWho said:

91pAe5G1CXL.jpg

As much as I'd like to believe this, there are hundreds of small designs in these books that never become sets. I think it's just a small custom, I sincerely doubt it will come in the set.

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If that’s the case, I hope it at least includes the Dursley’s as minifigs because having just the bus with Harry, Stan, and Ernie is just not all that interesting these days. It’ll be an immediate buy for me regardless, as will every one of these sets, but for whatever reason, I really want the Dursley’s and this seems like the set to include them unless they are being saved for a future CMF series

I'd rather have them in a future set or CMF. I really want the dursleys but my interests in a Knight Bus are pretty low just like the Quidditch set. Still waiting for a discount on that one

9 hours ago, Ultron said:

Dont forget the creatures in Newts case were largely brick built. 

Thats another argument to prefer a brickbuilt Horntail! It will look kinda weird if the Horntail is a molded animal while the Erumpent, Occamy, Thunderbird and Aragog are all brickbuilt

Edited by Guyon2002

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thats another argument to prefer a brickbuilt Horntail! It will look kinda weird if the Horntail is a molded animal while the Erumpent, Occamy, Thunderbird and Aragog are all brickbuilt

I think that they had brick built animals in that set because that took up most of the build and was supposed to be something a person holds. I think it would be different for a fully minifigure scaled Horntail challenge set.