Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

41 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

And I'm pretty sure lego doesn't want children to look up ''Inferi Harry Potter'' (or something similair) on Google, the pictures are pretty gruesome

Just looked up what the inferi look like, (I kinda forgot what they looked) and yeah I don't think LEGO will do that.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And I'm pretty sure lego doesn't want children to look up ''Inferi Harry Potter'' (or something similair) on Google, the pictures are pretty gruesome

I mean, if we might be getting a set situated around murdering children (graveyard set) then zombies are where we draw the line? I definitely think it's possible. Harry Potter just gets kind of dark from the mid to the end, you can't fully ignore it. Even with sets. 

Just now, Ultron said:

I mean, if we might be getting a set situated around murdering children (graveyard set) then zombies are where we draw the line? I definitely think it's possible. Harry Potter just gets kind of dark from the mid to the end, you can't fully ignore it. Even with sets. 

Your point is actually incorrect, the set is situated around a duel between Harry and Voldemort, the set wouldn’t include Cedric so there is no mention of “kids dying” in the set at all, and Inferi are completely different, as I said earlier, they aren’t zombies, they are corpses brought to life by powerful dark magic by Voldemort, it would actually be pointless them making them into a set because they aren’t as important as say Aragog or a Dementor, I doubt very much that we will ever get a Lego Inferi

Just now, LDDproductions said:

I’m hoping that since Harry Potter made top most selling theme place 3 (correct me if I’m wrong), then I’m hoping for more frequent waves.

Potter wasn’t even top 5, in no particular order it was;

Technic

Ninjago

City

Friends

Star Wars

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Your point is actually incorrect, the set is situated around a duel between Harry and Voldemort, the set wouldn’t include Cedric so there is no mention of “kids dying” in the set at all, and Inferi are completely different, as I said earlier, they aren’t zombies, they are corpses brought to life by powerful dark magic by Voldemort, it would actually be pointless them making them into a set because they aren’t as important as say Aragog or a Dementor, I doubt very much that we will ever get a Lego Inferi

The plot is to lure Harry there, perform serious dark magic including severing body parts, bleeding children, and desecrating graves, and then murder him so, yes, the set is still based around murdering 14-year-old children among other things. 

A reanimated corpse is the definition of a zombie..magic or not. You're being picky with semantics. They play more of a role than Susan Bones, and here we are. A small set with the horcrux cave is entirely possible should the theme go on long enough. 

Just now, Ultron said:

The plot is to lure Harry there, perform serious dark magic including severing body parts, bleeding children, and desecrating graves, and then murder him so, yes, the set is still based around murdering 14-year-old children among other things. 

A reanimated corpse is the definition of a zombie..magic or not. You're being picky with semantics. They play more of a role than Susan Bones, and here we are. A small set with the horcrux cave is entirely possible should the theme go on long enough. 

The only person that dies in that scene is Cedric, he is not in the set so no dead kids, end of story

and onto zombies, I’m not actually being picky with semantics, a zombie and an Inferi are 2 completely different beings, if you knew anything about Potter lore you would know this, “Inferi have much in common with zombies, which are mentioned as separate creatures within Harry’s world.” Said by Rowling herself, and although it’s entirely possible it’s incredibly unlikely

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

The only person that dies in that scene is Cedric, he is not in the set so no dead kids, end of story

and onto zombies, I’m not actually being picky with semantics, a zombie and an Inferi are 2 completely different beings, if you knew anything about Potter lore you would know this, “Inferi have much in common with zombies, which are mentioned as separate creatures within Harry’s world.” Said by Rowling herself, and although it’s entirely possible it’s incredibly unlikely

Yeah, please don't talk down to me about Harry Potter. That's not going to go well for you. I'm very aware they are slightly different than the classic zombie creature, but for all intents and purposes they are zombies. It's her take on a zombie, much like her goblins are different from tradition depictions of goblins. 

And no need to restate Cedric isn't in the set. I never said the set includes dead children, but that it's the subject matter of the entire scene. You can't just remove the dark premises of that scene. Exclude Cedric again all you want, you've still got a man who just cut off his hand, an evil dark lord who was just a grotesque corpse of an infant and is now prancing around on the grave of his family and torturing children, and a horde of racist cultists. 

28 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I don’t think anyone can say for sure that Cedric won’t be included. He wasn’t last time around but that means very little. He likely won’t be in it but we can’t say for certain that “he is not in the set”. Unless you have inside information?

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

These sets are pretty much based on the films, with perhaps a few nods to the books here and there. In the films there's no fleshed out description of inferi as I recall. There are just creepy lake monster people that start to come for Harry when he touches the water. But maybe I'm forgetting. Either way, they could 100% happen, because as people have pointed out, LEGO has no problem making lots of traumatic stuff in Licensed sets.

Cedric being included in a graveyard scene is also completely possible. Anyone who thinks that LEGO has never made a set with an adult and a child who the adult murders need only turn their attention to the Star Wars sets with General Grevious and Nahdar Vebb, the latter of which is a Padawan who  only appeared in one Clone Wars episode... in which he was murdered by Grevious.

I would just like to say that inferi aren’t too far out of the question because they made so many Orcs in the lord of the rings theme and they are very similar in many ways

And if we’re talking about magical creatures that are far too dark for the likes of children, the dementors are FAR darker than the Inferi. There’s going to be a set completely focused on a scene where a dark creature whose very presence causes absolute despair, attempts to suck the soul of a man out of his mouth. So reanimated corpses is not outside the realm of possibility 

If they include Cedric, they would have to give him the dead look anyway wouldn't they? :/ Otherwise it would be the exact same minifig from the CMF, and I don't see them making a newer version of the same outfit/face. Deep in my heart I just hope that set isn't the $55 one :l, and if it is indeed, may TLG surprise us all with something very unexpected...

I saw a new picture of Hagrid's Hut Hermione on IG. I don't know why it bothers me that they give her such dark colored hair, is nougat too light? And if we talk about hair, Harry's always been dark brown but I will shut up now ??? I guess they just look lighter under the light in the movie stills.

1 hour ago, Otherworld said:

I saw a new picture of Hagrid's Hut Hermione on IG. I don't know why it bothers me that they give her such dark colored hair, is nougat too light? And if we talk about hair, Harry's always been dark brown but I will shut up now ??? I guess they just look lighter under the light in the movie stills.

I think it might be a matter of staying true to the source material. Yes, Emma Watson’s hair is a lighter brown and Daniel Radcliffe is a very dark brunette, but Harry and Hermione have black and brown hair respectively. 

The Hermione figure from the Dimensions packs had lighter hair closer to what would be screen accurate to the later movies, and it was an unpopular pack because it just didn’t look right. At this point they’ve been using the basic book accurate colors so long that nobody would recognize the characters if they changed it. 

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t think anyone can say for sure that Cedric won’t be included. He wasn’t last time around but that means very little. He likely won’t be in it but we can’t say for certain that “he is not in the set”. Unless you have inside information?

I very much hope Cedric won't be included in the Graveyard set. That would pretty much be a big middlefinger towards everyone who owns the CMF figure. I still think a 15$ set would be better than a 55$ set for this scene

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I very much hope Cedric won't be included in the Graveyard set. That would pretty much be a big middlefinger towards everyone who owns the CMF figure.

Especially since they‘d have to reuse the young Han face :laugh: But it‘s still a possibility since Cedric so far only appears in one set while Fleur and Viktor appear in two sets each... I still hope he‘s not included in that one though.

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I still think a 15$ set would be better than a 55$ set for this scene

For me, that depends on the minifig selection. If the set includes everything from the scene minus Cedric (i.e. both forms of Voldy, Wormtail, Lucius, Harry, 1-2 Death Eaters), which would be impossible to achieve in a 15$ set, I‘ll gladly take it :thumbup: 

17 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Potter wasn’t even top 5, in no particular order it was;

Technic

Ninjago

City

Friends

Star Wars

I believe that is incorrect! Yes I know the written press release said that, but listening to the actual press release you get a different impression;

On 2/27/2019 at 8:02 PM, Roebuck said:

I think Harry Potter is the theme that is mentioned most times in this video!

"Especially the second half was strong and we saw a lot of successes on the Harry Potter theme"

I do not think we have to worry this theme goes away any time soon :grin_wub:

Potter only had 6 months on shelf's compared to the other themes 12 months as well. If they had taken into consideration the number of days a set had on the marked and divided the number of sets sold on those days, HP sets would most likely be very high on the list :wink:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Potter only had 6 months on shelf's compared to the other themes 12 months as well. If they had taken into consideration the number of days a set had on the marked and divided the number of sets sold on those days, HP sets would most likely be very high on the list :wink:

Basically, the top preforming themes last year were the ones that have been around for awhile and have the largest inventory of sets to sell. Harry Potter will probably be higher up on the list this year, but at one wave a year it’s always going to be at a bit of a disadvantage compared to Star Wars and Lego’s in house themes. 

Now, seeing how this year’s advent calendars preform against each other - that could be interesting :devil:

Looks like there’s still some time before the reveals, besides the 5 sets, and then the other two rumored ones, is there anything left? Just the build your own adventure book and the advent calendar right?

7 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

Looks like there’s still some time before the reveals, besides the 5 sets, and then the other two rumored ones, is there anything left? Just the build your own adventure book and the advent calendar right?

Not that we know of right now. But last year we didn't even know the Hogwarts Express existed untill lego themselves revealed it

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not that we know of right now. But last year we didn't even know the Hogwarts Express existed untill lego themselves revealed it

Wouldn’t it be awesome if there was another mystery set this year? I don’t think there will be, but I would be very happy if there was. The more Potter the better

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We didn’t know what it was, but we did know that the 2 retailer exclusive sets existed, and the Quidditch minifigures leaked shortly before the official announcement. 

If we haven’t heard about any mysterious retailer exclusive sets yet, then we’re probably just getting the 5 in June and 2 in August. Which makes sense - last year we got knowledge of the original 3 sets from the retailer catalog which doesn’t include retailer exclusives, and this year we found out about the number of sets a different way. 

53 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

We didn’t know what it was, but we did know that the 2 retailer exclusive sets existed, and the Quidditch minifigures leaked shortly before the official announcement. 

If we haven’t heard about any mysterious retailer exclusive sets yet, then we’re probably just getting the 5 in June and 2 in August. Which makes sense - last year we got knowledge of the original 3 sets from the retailer catalog which doesn’t include retailer exclusives, and this year we found out about the number of sets a different way. 

Not exactly, the Oni Titan from Ninjago leaked out of no where. No one knew of it’s existance, and yet it’s not even a licensed theme (meaning most of the time everything leaks), so you never know, Harry Potter May get an extra set or two in August.

5 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

[...] so you never know, Harry Potter May get an extra set or two in August.

The two August sets probably already are retail exclusives, at least judging by their lack of presence in the catalogues, so additional retail exclusives on top of those are rather unlikely :wink:

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m pretty sure I remember the Quidditch minifigs leaking very early last year. Also, that set wasn’t exclusive in the US, I saw it all over the place here, I still do.