Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

40 minutes ago, froggy95 said:

Hopefully we’ll get a new crow mold in the Hagrid’s Hut set. 

Hopefully they reuse the one from Tonto's headgear in Lone Ranger, and I can put one in Boggart Snape's hat where it belongs.  :wink:

Either that, or I'll have to go to Bricklink.
As far as a Hagrid variant, I really don't think it's out of the question.  However, Fang is the most needed thing in the entire set, IMO (besides Buckbeak, of course).  We'll see if we get lucky.
Fudge and McNair look great!  
<70 days until June 1!  :blush:

9 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

Hi guys,

I see you all have a big knowledge about pieces,parts and sets and you often talk about hairpieces you will change..

I am new here and for the moment i don't know a lot about all the different sets.

So my question is can someone make a list which hairpieces you want to change on which figures and write down the set number where i can get the new hairpieces from.

You can always check sites like bricklink in search for parts

Now that I'm thinking about the Horntail most likely being similair to Lloyd's Golden Dragon I'm getting really afraid it will have a stud shooter in its mouth. Just look at the Golden Dragon, it looks horrible! And you can't even take it out if you don't like it, cause then you are left with a minifigure sized hole in its jaws! Gosh I hate studshooters...46706816471_8fe9c6d752_b.jpggs

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Now that I'm thinking about the Horntail most likely being similair to Lloyd's Golden Dragon I'm getting really afraid it will have a stud shooter in its mouth. Just look at the Golden Dragon, it looks horrible! And you can't even take it out if you don't like it, cause then you are left with a minifigure sized hole in its jaws! Gosh I hate studshooters...

If that's the case, we can always make our own horntail with the new moulded head (I assume there would be one). That's the joy of lego :classic:

41 minutes ago, Jawaguy4 said:

If that's the case, we can always make our own horntail with the new moulded head (I assume there would be one). That's the joy of lego :classic:

If this is the case the moulded head would actually be the problem, as it leaves room for that studshooter

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If this is the case the moulded head would actually be the problem, as it leaves room for that studshooter

I would rather have a moulded head with a stud shooter that I can remove than tonhave an awful looking brick built head that I can’t fix

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you don’t like the stud shooter, you can just replace the stud st the front with a stud of the color of the horntail or it’s teeth.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Now that I'm thinking about the Horntail most likely being similair to Lloyd's Golden Dragon I'm getting really afraid it will have a stud shooter in its mouth. Just look at the Golden Dragon, it looks horrible! And you can't even take it out if you don't like it, cause then you are left with a minifigure sized hole in its jaws! Gosh I hate studshooters...

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would rather have a moulded head with a stud shooter that I can remove than tonhave an awful looking brick built head that I can’t fix

There is NO stud shooter on the dragon, the prelim would’ve had it on, and there was no studshooter on the prelim

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

There is NO stud shooter on the dragon, the prelim would’ve had it on, and there was no studshooter on the prelim

Thank god for that!

To be honest, even with the moulded head, it would still look like garbage. The horntail would like garbage and way too robotic if it was brick built. The horntail needs a new mold like the original, castle dragon, and Smaug.

23 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

To be honest, even with the moulded head, it would still look like garbage. The horntail would like garbage and way too robotic if it was brick built. The horntail needs a new mold like the original, castle dragon, and Smaug.

I agree that would be much better, but according to reliable reports, it is indeed brick built, most likely with a moulded head. I really hope it doesn’t look awful and robotic like the Ninjago dragons or I will be sorely disappointed. It would be bad if the original looks better than this one, but we’ll see. I certainly won’t judge it until I see it, but hearing that it’s brick built has me worried

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

To be fair, one of the biggest things that make Ninjago dragons looks so robotic is the silly blades for wings. With Lego being pretty conscious about screen accuracy for the Harry Potter sets, I can’t see them cutting corners like that, so we’ll likely get molded wings like we did for Frank and the occamy. As seen with those two, molded heads and wings go a long way to making brick built creatures look less mechanical. 

39 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

To be fair, one of the biggest things that make Ninjago dragons looks so robotic is the silly blades for wings. With Lego being pretty conscious about screen accuracy for the Harry Potter sets, I can’t see them cutting corners like that, so we’ll likely get molded wings like we did for Frank and the occamy. As seen with those two, molded heads and wings go a long way to making brick built creatures look less mechanical. 

I would say those grey mixel joints make them look robotic as well.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

7 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I would say those grey mixel joints make them look robotic as well.

True, but Lego seems particularly resistant to making those in any other color for some reason. Also, as demonstrated by Frank, the right construction can make those joints easier to overlook. 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree that would be much better, but according to reliable reports, it is indeed brick built, most likely with a moulded head. I really hope it doesn’t look awful and robotic like the Ninjago dragons or I will be sorely disappointed. It would be bad if the original looks better than this one, but we’ll see. I certainly won’t judge it until I see it, but hearing that it’s brick built has me worried

I personally think almost anything would be better than the original mould, I've never been a fan of it. It lacks playability, can't be posed in most movieposes and is far from accurate (though that can be caused by concept art).

One thing I definetely feel is in our favor is the fact these sets are based on 15 and 14 year old movies, meaning lego can make no excuses for inaccuracies!

What set is the Harry in blue jacket, powder blue shirt, and tan mid legs from?

edit- appears to be leg swapped w Ron from Hagrid’s

Edited by KevinMD

21 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Pretty sure he'll be in both the Patronus set and Hagrid's Hut

Everyone’s nervous about the new Horntail and Im over here pretty content with my original one if worse comes to worse :innocent:

37 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

One thing I definetely feel is in our favor is the fact these sets are based on 15 and 14 year old movies, meaning lego can make no excuses for inaccuracies!

Yes! That’s one of the most notable things about the 2010-11 wave for me. All of the remake sets, or the ones based off already released moves, were significantly closer to screen accurate compared to previous waves. And the 2 Deathly Hallows part 2 sets that were released before the movie came out in the summer? Clearly the least screen accurate. It definitely shows. 

So when I look at just how much effort went into making last wave extremely accurate, it really makes me excited at how much better the sets to come are going to be. 

14 minutes ago, Phyranion said:

Leaked image of the Horntail:

No way! It looks awesome! 

2 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Harry will have the tan mid legs In the sets that he appears in, Ron will have the dark grey mid legs