Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

5 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I hadn't thought about Moody's hair being a good option for Sirius Black. I think Luke's hairpiece is perfectly designed but it definitely takes away some ressemblance. Too straight and groomed. Luke's hairpiece in brown is literally new, so there was no "budget limit" here :look: I'm curious about their choices, perhaps there are some complex barriers not visible to us (or me lol). I should probably lower my expectations for the missing figures :wacko: (Yule Hermione I'm looking at you)

I feel like Lego will cheap out for Yule Ball Hermione and give her mid legs with a skirt rather than a new mid leg dress piece.

12 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

I feel like Lego will cheap out for Yule Ball Hermione and give her mid legs with a skirt rather than a new mid leg dress piece.

I don’t think she needs a mid leg dress piece. The regular dress piece will be fine

12 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t think she needs a mid leg dress piece. The regular dress piece will be fine

You mean that Harry and Ron will be lower than Hermione? That would be quite strange.

28 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

I wouldn't mind the mid legs + skirt. Better than having just mid legs with no printing or the skirt piece with no printing. I'm curious about the hair choice, I hope she doesn't end up with the CMF Queen hair.

42 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

I love these 2 new figures, but I think Lego missed a good opportunity with Macnair. I personally think they should have used the hood piece introduced with the Ninjago Dragon Hunters last year for him, oh well, I’ll switch it out.

The Dragon Hunter hood wouldn't work at all for McNair, he basically just wears a piece of cloth over his head while still exposing his eyes and mouth. The DH mask covers up everything but the eyes (and if you only use the top part without the bottom it looks super weird)

8 minutes ago, fanoflego2409 said:

You mean that Harry and Ron will be lower than Hermione? That would be quite strange.

Not really because she would be wearing heels. Plus having her slightly taller would be absolutely fine with me if it means she gets a printed dress piece 

Just now, Otherworld said:

I wouldn't mind the mid legs + skirt. Better than having just mid legs with no printing or the skirt piece with no printing. I'm curious about the hair choice, I hope she doesn't end up with the CMF Queen hair.

Barbara Gordon's hair from the LEGO Batman Movie would probably look great!

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Not really because she would be wearing heels. Plus having her slightly taller would be absolutely fine with me if it means she gets a printed dress piece 

I don't think they'll print her dress piece IF she gets one, otherwise they could've continued Fleurs printing too

If Ron and Harry are using mid-legs than I fully expect Hermione to be at the same height. I imagine they'll just print the design on a pair of mid-legs, which wouldn't be too bad actually.

Aren’t the mid legs the same size as a brick? Could just have a 1x2 brick. Unlikely I know, but I might do that if we get legs

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Barbara Gordon's hair from the LEGO Batman Movie would probably look great!

I don't think they'll print her dress piece IF she gets one, otherwise they could've continued Fleurs printing too

Fleur’s dress is fairly plain to begin with. Hermione’s has a lot of details in it and it’s one of the most classic HP costumes ever. Also keep in mind they did print Dumbledore’s

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Time to just show the sets already. We've had leaks of practically all the figures and animals, and descriptions of everything that hasn't been leaked.

13 minutes ago, CT-5503 said:

Time to just show the sets already. We've had leaks of practically all the figures and animals, and descriptions of everything that hasn't been leaked.

True! I really hope we get them in the next two weeks

19 minutes ago, CT-5503 said:

You do know leaking figures and leaking sets are 2 competely different things right? And all descriptions came from Toy Fair

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

So do we think Macnair will come with his executioner blade or not? 

Nah, he‘ll strangle Buckbeak with his bare hands :head_back: Seriously though, I don‘t see any reason to omit it. They turned Macnair, a murderous lunatic who LOVES his job as an executioner, into a minifig, so they may just as well give him a tool for committing his ...happy little accidents :tongue:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Nah, he‘ll strangle Buckbeak with his bare hands :head_back: Seriously though, I don‘t see any reason to omit it. They turned Macnair, a murderous lunatic who LOVES his job as an executioner, into a minifig, so they may just as well give him a tool for committing his ...happy little accidents :tongue:

Secretly the set comes with small bags of ketchup which will explode once you remove Buckbeaks head :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Dragon Hunter hood wouldn't work at all for McNair, he basically just wears a piece of cloth over his head while still exposing his eyes and mouth. The DH mask covers up everything but the eyes (and if you only use the top part without the bottom it looks super weird)

Maybe try the swimming cap in black. If Macnair doesn't have a double-sided head, the Pirates headsquare might work too.

I wonder if Harry Potter will be one wave per year or if we expect another wave next winter

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think it works with only the top half of the hood since it’s a black head,

15 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

I think it works with only the top half of the hood since it’s a black head,

I’m having trouble picturing what piece you’re talking about

I like the 2 new figures. They're nothing too special but still another fine addition to my collection. I hope Fudge comes with a small cape, otherwise I'll give him one myself.

Still I hope we'll get official images soon, I would like some surprises before we've seen everything from leaks.

3 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I like the 2 new figures. They're nothing too special but still another fine addition to my collection. I hope Fudge comes with a small cape, otherwise I'll give him one myself.

Still I hope we'll get official images soon, I would like some surprises before we've seen everything from leaks.

I was thinking the same thing about the cape. Is there a small black cape that has ever been used though?

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I was thinking the same thing about the cape. Is there a small black cape that has ever been used though?

The only thing I can think of is the Kylo Ren cape from 2015, but it wouldn’t work since it’s torn up.