Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Definetely the best Advent Calendar we've gotten in years with 4 exclusive figures, 1 exclusive print, 4 hard to find prints and overall usefull builds. Can't really get any better than that.

Though the overall placement of each bag was a bit disappointing. The flags should've come in pairs and the food/drinks also should've been one day

Overall pretty good, but I agree the placement was a bit off for some of the builds.

What I would like to see in the future is figures that aren't specifically canon but good for the holiday, like how the Star Wars Calendars put a Xmas hat on BB8, I'd love to see Santa Hagird and if not that blatant I'd love to see Hermione and Ginny in Weasley Jumpers. I know that isn't in the books or movies but I think it is probably safe to add and I think it would be fun.

37 minutes ago, Timemaster11 said:

What I would like to see in the future is figures that aren't specifically canon but good for the holiday, like how the Star Wars Calendars put a Xmas hat on BB8, I'd love to see Santa Hagird and if not that blatant I'd love to see Hermione and Ginny in Weasley Jumpers. I know that isn't in the books or movies but I think it is probably safe to add and I think it would be fun.

While such figures are certainly fun (I was kinda bummed we didn't get Santadore in this calendar) I'd much rather get canon outfits that wouldn't really appear in any other set

3 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Parhaps next year we will get the trio in their Hogsmeade outfits (Hermionie using a recolour of the new hair/hat combo from hidden side)

I'm not sure if that piece would work. Hermione's hair isn't really very braided like that.

5 hours ago, Timemaster11 said:

I'd love to see Santa Hagird and if not that blatant I'd love to see Hermione and Ginny in Weasley Jumpers. I know that isn't in the books or movies but I think it is probably safe to add and I think it would be fun.

Well, from what I've found Ron gets a maroon jumper every year (at least one without an initial) and Harry gets a handmade sweater with this design on:

Philosopher's Stone: A Golden snitch (the film changed it to the letter H)

Chamber of Secrets: Unspecified.

Prisoner of Azkaban: Gryffindor lion.

Goblet of Fire: Hungarian Horntail.

Order of the Phoenix: Unspecified.

Half-blood Prince: Another Golden Snitch design.

Personally I'd like to get the Fred and George in their Christmas jumpers (or Gred and Forge). But if it's PS then they'd only be in third year (might need mid legs).

13 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I hope they can do another HP calendar next year maybe more characters from the yule ball, or Christmas at the Burrow, or even Slughorns Christmas party.

My money’s on a Yule Ball theme - it would let them give us some more characters from that and any reused Minifigures would be from a high price point set like the McGonagall and Dumbledore from this year’s.

So I was thinking, this year we got 4 new torso prints, a new head print for Flitwick, a new head for McGonagall (which didn’t have any new designs but must have taken some of the budget since it would have required a different production line from the piece used in the Great Hall set), and a new printed 2x3 tile. That’s 6 new prints - 6.5 with McGonagall’s head. Plus there’s the new color for the beard piece on the Architect Statue. That’s a massive amount of new prints for an advent calendar, especially when compared to the recent Star Wars offerings. 

If that volume of new prints keeps up I could easily see us getting the Patil twins next year - with the Yule Ball versions of the trio being our ‘repeats’, and maybe another minifig with new prints. It would also be pretty easy to throw together one of the Hogwarts boys with no new prints needed (they’d all use the same torso as either Cedric or Harry). If they give us Neville and Ginny in next year’s sets it would be pretty easy to give us them in their Yule Ball outfits in the advent calendar. 

19 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

So what did everyone think of the advent Callander? 

My favourite model has got to be the architect statue! Now I just need to modify the Great Hall to make a space for it

I loved it all. Some of the builds were certainly lackluster, but I chalked that up to timeframe they had to produce the calendar. They were very much welcomed though. The banners are great. All the prints are fantastic. New 2x3 acceptance letter, two new envelope tiles, house crests, the torsos. I can’t wait for next years, they’re gonna knock it out of the park for sure. 

I have enjoyed advent Callanders from city and Starwars in the past... but afterwards I always end up selling most of the figures and recycling most of the builds into my stock but not for this HP Callander! Apart from the 4 presents perhaps everything is going to have a new home in my displays ?

I would advise Lego continues with this and puts in small builds and accessories which for example maybe were cut from official sets for budget etc, and keep mini beasts/vehicles to a minimum

Ideas for Next year:

Headmaster’s podium

House Hourglasses 

Yule Ball table (similar to set)

Owl post & Numbus 2000 broom

Niffler on a pile of treasure

Norbert the dragon (brick-built)

Edited by Bugbot20082

It would be great if future calendars also included some of the smaller beasts from the Fantastic Beasts movies in brickbuilt form to expand our Beasts-collection

I also really liked the calendar. I actually found it better than the last 2 Star Wars calendars. I wouldn’t mind seeing some Diagon Alley stalls in the next one.

34 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I would advise Lego continues with this and puts in small builds and accessories which for example maybe were cut from official sets for budget etc, and keep mini beasts/vehicles to a minimum

Some good ideas and I agree. Things like the chess set, the statue and the Christmas Trees from this year can all be inter-grated into the current sets and don’t feel left out. Some other ideas I have:

A student desk with a cauldron and a potion bottle.

A greenhouse bench with some mandrakes on them.

A four poster Gryffindor Bunk 

A pumpkin scarecrow 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It would be great if future calendars also included some of the smaller beasts from the Fantastic Beasts movies in brickbuilt form to expand our Beasts-collection

I think my preference, beast-wise, would be a Ukrainian Ironbelly scaled similarly to 71043's Hungarian Horntail, so it could fit in with the Diagon Alley GWP. 

2 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Well, we already got a Demiguise in this year’s calendar so there’s precedent.

I see what you did there... by which I mean I don't see it...

1 hour ago, The Pearson said:

I can’t tell, is that the same Voldemort from the graveyard set?

Yep, it's graveyard Voldemort with what looks like an unprinted version of CMF Nagini

On 12/28/2019 at 2:11 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Good idea! I was thinking if it was possible to re-print/colour an orangutan or chimpanzee into the demiguise, it could come with the handbag and maybe a hat stand.

The Mooncalfs and Graphorns could possibly be brick-built 

On 12/28/2019 at 2:35 PM, Tariq j said:

Some other ideas I have:

A student desk with a cauldron and a potion bottle.

A greenhouse bench with some mandrakes on them.

A four poster Gryffindor Bunk 

A pumpkin scarecrow 

I like all these ideas also, although I have created my own scarecrow for the pumpkin patch already ?

Lego Harry Potter: Pumpkin Scarecrow

Edited by Bugbot20082

3 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Good idea! I was thinking if it was possible to re-print/colour an orangutan or chimpanzee into the demiguise, it could come with the handbag and maybe a hat stand.

I think a minifigure would work best for the Demiguise with small legs, a tail and a new headmold 

Edited by Guyon2002

43 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think a minifigure would work best for the Demiguise with small legs, a tail and a new headmold 

Unfortunately calendars never have new moulds, they have budget for some exclusive prints and colours but that’s it    

On the subject of animals... here are some perches I made for use in a Transfiguration classroom:

Lego Harry Potter: Animal Perches (Transfiguration lesson)

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Unfortunately calendars never have new moulds, they have budget for some exclusive prints and colours but that’s it    

I wasn't specifically referring to an inclusion in a future advent calendar :wink:

16 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

On the subject of animals... here are some purches I made for use in a Transfiguration classroom:

Lego Harry Potter: Animal Perches (Transfiguration lesson)

That looks really cool! Really good way to use random animals. I just got the Chameleon as well so now I guess I've got a home for it :grin: