Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That has been one of the most requested and talked about set-possibilities for months now, only second to the astronomy tower

Well I understand why

astronomy tower doesn't really bear any significance to me, i don't even know which tower is which

2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

I feel like we could get that room (I forget it's name) from book 5 where Harry trains everyone as a set. We could get a few patronises and a good handful of students. Thoughts?

EDIT: room of requirement 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That has been one of the most requested and talked about set-possibilities for months now, only second to the astronomy tower

My personal guess is that we’ll see the Room of Requirements inside the Astronomy Tower - much the same way we saw the Yule Ball inside the Clocktower in this wave. Gets Lego out of specifically depicting Dumbledore’s death scene (which parents are not going to want to buy for little kids) but still gives fans all they need to cobble it together themselves if they want to. 

I’ve definitely got my fingers crossed for a Dumbledore’s Army set, I’m hoping for the patronus lesson meeting, so we can get more sparkly blue animal molds. And that’s also the scene where Umbridge breaks in and catches them so it’s really the best option for a big set next year. 

15 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

My personal guess is that we’ll see the Room of Requirements inside the Astronomy Tower - much the same way we saw the Yule Ball inside the Clocktower in this wave.

This has been my working theory as well. Not just because it would give the Astronomy Tower some non-murder play opportunities, but also because the Room of Requirement is entirely interior-focused, so it needs to get shoehorned into something with a coherent exterior if it's to fit with the other modules.

If we wanna get real wild with speculation on play features, it could be especially awesome if it had wall segments that could fold out or rotate or something to allow the room to switch between DA Training Room Mode and Room of Hidden Things Mode. (Bonus points for a hidden chamber pot.)

This is probably late to bring this up but what do most people use that option room in the great hall as. Given we already have snapes office and the potions classroom is there anything from the books/movies that would justify the potions in there or do you use to hold something else

28 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

This is probably late to bring this up but what do most people use that option room in the great hall as. Given we already have snapes office and the potions classroom is there anything from the books/movies that would justify the potions in there or do you use to hold something else

I greatly expanded the tower in both width and height but mine has (from bottom to top) an entrance hall of sorts, transifguration, Gryffindor commonroom, Gryffindor dormitory and Dumbledore's office. I just included whatever I wanted to include as I'm not striving for 100% movie accuracy, just what looks best

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I greatly expanded the tower in both width and height but mine has (from bottom to top) an entrance hall of sorts, transifguration, Gryffindor commonroom, Gryffindor dormitory and Dumbledore's office. I just included whatever I wanted to include as I'm not striving for 100% movie accuracy, just what looks best

Would love to see pics of that.

What are the odds of us getting each common room? Do you think LEGO realizes how much that would sell? And personally I think HP fans will spend more and hype up non-movie sets such as the ravenclaw/hufflepuff common rooms. They are sets we don’t get anywhere in the potter Merch/toy world. 

3 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

What are the odds of us getting each common room? Do you think LEGO realizes how much that would sell? And personally I think HP fans will spend more and hype up non-movie sets such as the ravenclaw/hufflepuff common rooms. They are sets we don’t get anywhere in the potter Merch/toy world. 

A lot of people want House-themed battle packs featuring generic / minor members of each house. The Star Wars battle packs (such as the new Mandalorian one) always have a small build in addition to the minifigs, so any hypothetical HP battle packs could easily have part of their respective common rooms. The Fat Lady's portrait hole and a few armchairs next to the fire for Gryffindor, for example.

Lego Harry Potter has been selling very well, so hopefully one day we'll get something like this! It would be a good way to give us the school and quidditch robes for each house, as well as those characters not important enough to be in a "regular" set.

1 hour ago, illian420 said:

Would love to see pics of that.

Here's a quick look at both the outside and inside of the structure, there are some up close pics of the rooms on there too but the quality is pretty damn awfull :laugh_hard:

And these pictures were taken a few months ago, some things have changed since them though not much

2 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

I remember you talking about this before, I think it would be amazing and I would buy those immediately (probably multiples of each). I just don’t think it’s very likely. You never know though, sometimes lego likes to drop unexpected bombs

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Here's a quick look at both the outside and inside of the structure, there are some up close pics of the rooms on there too but the quality is pretty damn awfull :laugh_hard:

And these pictures were taken a few months ago, some things have changed since them though not much

Very nice! The customization is seemless and flows really well with the style of these sets. Good work

1 hour ago, Felkin said:

A lot of people want House-themed battle packs featuring generic / minor members of each house. The Star Wars battle packs (such as the new Mandalorian one) always have a small build in addition to the minifigs, so any hypothetical HP battle packs could easily have part of their respective common rooms. The Fat Lady's portrait hole and a few armchairs next to the fire for Gryffindor, for example.

Lego Harry Potter has been selling very well, so hopefully one day we'll get something like this! It would be a good way to give us the school and quidditch robes for each house, as well as those characters not important enough to be in a "regular" set.

House robes would be great

On 12/14/2019 at 1:45 AM, Accio Lego said:

My personal guess is that we’ll see the Room of Requirements inside the Astronomy Tower - much the same way we saw the Yule Ball inside the Clocktower in this wave. Gets Lego out of specifically depicting Dumbledore’s death scene (which parents are not going to want to buy for little kids) but still gives fans all they need to cobble it together themselves if they want to. 

I’ve definitely got my fingers crossed for a Dumbledore’s Army set, I’m hoping for the patronus lesson meeting, so we can get more sparkly blue animal molds. And that’s also the scene where Umbridge breaks in and catches them so it’s really the best option for a big set next year. 

I had the same thoughts also about the Astronomy tower and I made a micro model to show how the layout of the set might look:

LEGO Hogwarts Astronomy Tower (Sketch)

I also did one for the other version of the room of requirement, in a different castle section with rooms more relevant to the events of the Order of the Phoenix movie:

LEGO Hogwarts The Room Of Requirement (Sketch)

What do you guys think?

I built 75952 Newt's Case of Magical Creatures today and I must say I am really impressed with the set :sweet:
Really interesting build and it looks good as well. I even enjoyed the brick built animals and I am no fan of those normally, I wonder who designed it :grin:

I recommend buying it if you do not have it, before it is retired any day now :wink:

9 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I built 75952 Newt's Case of Magical Creatures today and I must say I am really impressed with the set :sweet:
Really interesting build and it looks good as well. I even enjoyed the brick built animals and I am no fan of those normally, I wonder who designed it :grin:

I recommend buying it if you do not have it, before it is retired any day now :wink:

I agree. I love the concept of it being his case that opens up into the world inside it. The suitcase is very well detailed & was a very fun build. It’s one of the few HP sets that I haven’t taken apart yet, despite not having room to display it somewhere. 

On 12/15/2019 at 11:27 AM, Bugbot20082 said:

I had the same thoughts also about the Astronomy tower and I made a micro model to show how the layout of the set might look:

LEGO Hogwarts Astronomy Tower (Sketch)

I also did one for the other version of the room of requirement, in a different castle section with rooms more relevant to the events of the Order of the Phoenix movie:

LEGO Hogwarts The Room Of Requirement (Sketch)

What do you guys think?

I'd say if we had either of your models we'd have the first one because I cant see Lego giving us a second DADA Classroom too close to the one they gave with the clocktower. I'd actually like them to give us like a turnable wall gimmick for the room of requirement with the DA fireplace and a dementor target attached to that wall and on the other side or that wall is clutter for the room of lost things. The rest of the room could just be removable accessories so you can choose which room youd like to create.

Does anybody know a good place to buy old Hagrid for less than £35? (Other than bricklink)Thanks

Edited by DeCommander96

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you're all having a great day and that some Harry Potter Lego has made its way to you :)

Edited by BacktoBricks

It just dawned on me the other day(and I don’t believe this was brought up) the Gingerbread House would make for a nice fit in Hogsmeade. At the very least, a nice template to start from. 

5 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It just dawned on me the other day(and I don’t believe this was brought up) the Gingerbread House would make for a nice fit in Hogsmeade. At the very least, a nice template to start from. 

Yes it does look similar with the roof shapes, I hope lego will do an official set for winter next year :)

So what did everyone think of the advent Callander? 

My favourite model has got to be the architect statue! Now I just need to modify the Great Hall to make a space for it

4 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

My favourite model has got to be the architect statue! Now I just need to modify the Great Hall to make a space for it

Definetely the best Advent Calendar we've gotten in years with 4 exclusive figures, 1 exclusive print, 4 hard to find prints and overall usefull builds. Can't really get any better than that.

Though the overall placement of each bag was a bit disappointing. The flags should've come in pairs and the food/drinks also should've been one day

3 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Really good, some nice minifigures (with a cheaper way to get Dumbledore and McGonagall). Loved most of it, like the micro Hogwarts Express and the chess set. Even the weaker items like the flags or little trees look good when it's all put together. I think it made a strong set as (particularly PS and CS) the series has many chapters on Christmas.

I hope they can do another HP calendar next year maybe more characters from the yule ball, or Christmas at the Burrow, or even Slughorns Christmas party.

I’m surprised no one commented on the graduation (acceptance?) letter from the 24th. Such a cool, unexpected piece to cap off the calendar. While I agree that some of the builds were lacking, I think this was pulled together in a hasty fashion and expect a better set of builds next year.

Just now, KevinMD said:

I’m surprised no one commented on the graduation (acceptance?) letter from the 24th. Such a cool, unexpected piece to cap off the calendar. While I agree that some of the builds were lacking, I think this was pulled together in a hasty fashion and expect a better set of builds next year.

Oh yeah that was a fab piece. I love getting just little details like that and the printed house logos for the architects plinth (as there wasn't really a way to have the four animals around it)

I really enjoyed the Harry Potter advent calendar! Let’s hope there’s one for next year.

I agree it is a very nice selection of builds once all displayed together, and one of the best Christmas tree builds I can think of from an advent calendar. I agree however also the order could have been better: the trees should not have been back to back and maybe they could have started the tables and flags earlier in the days to spread them out more. 

Parhaps next year we will get the trio in their Hogsmeade outfits (Hermionie using a recolour of the new hair/hat combo from hidden side)

Edited by Bugbot20082