Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Don’t forget Luna!

But a customizable figure does make a bit more sense for that set name than just throwing together a random group of students. Didn’t the last customizable brickheadz set not sell well though? 

It did pretty decent sales. Obviously the customizable approach is worth revisiting, if the Bride and Groom sets are any indication.

7 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

However, I really hope this line doesn't turn into Star Wars, where it's impossible to collect every set unless you're a millionaire.

I see no cause for concern. The first year of this reboot we had 5 HP System sets and 2 FB, for 7 total. This year we've also had 7 total. If the rumour was for more than one full wave, then that would sound like they were boosting things, but just more than 4 sets is perfectly in keeping with what they've been doing and IMO enough wiggle room to cover a good variety of material.

Apart from a couple of cases of reused prints this year (I'm looking at you Krum), this line has been a dream come true thus far. Releasing just one(ish) modest wave a year in combination with the passion of the set designers on HP has delivered something truly special and I hope they keep up the great work.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I see no cause for concern. The first year of this reboot we had 5 HP System sets and 2 FB, for 7 total. This year we've also had 7 total. If the rumour was for more than one full wave, then that would sound like they were boosting things, but just more than 4 sets is perfectly in keeping with what they've been doing and IMO enough wiggle room to cover a good variety of material.

I agree next year will probably have around 7 normal sets also. 4 regular and 3 limited or for the second wave.. A CMF 2 and advent calendar is also highly likely and maybe even a D2C, so when they say a lot more than 4 sets are coming they are probably right  :wink:

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

this line has been a dream come true thus far. Releasing just one(ish) modest wave a year in combination with the passion of the set designers on HP has delivered something truly special and I hope they keep up the great work.

100% agree :wub:
Most likely we will see sets from film 5-6 next year and film 7-8 in 2021, then the interesting thing is what they will do in 2022, hopefully they will start making sets they missed the first round like COS :shrug_oh_well:
The FB is a joker here, I think they will make more sets in the future. The question is if they are taking spots from HP sets that year or more likely a separate wave with "extra" sets closer to the new movie.
If Lego includes FB figs in the next wave of CMF I think it is almost guaranteed we will get more sets in the future :wink:

On 12/9/2019 at 11:32 PM, RODDY said:

Curious if they are doing 5-7 in one swoop if there are a lot of sets.

Personally, I hope so :sweet: The sooner the remaining films are covered, the sooner they may fill in the gaps of the previous installments :laugh: 

12 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Okay, time for me to eat crow for when I said there would probably only be 4 sets.  However, I really hope this line doesn't turn into Star Wars, where it's impossible to collect every set unless you're a millionaire.  The Brickheadz are an easy pass for me, mostly because I missed the first wave and they cost a ton on the aftermarket already.  

It's near impossible to turn HP into Star Wars. Star Wars has 11 films, 3 tv shows and hundreds of books and comics to draw inspiration from. Harry Potter has a lot of content that could potentially be turned into sets but not that much content, they also can't drastically raise the amount of sets and keep the quality at the same level.

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Apart from a couple of cases of reused prints this year (I'm looking at you Krum), this line has been a dream come true thus far. Releasing just one(ish) modest wave a year in combination with the passion of the set designers on HP has delivered something truly special and I hope they keep up the great work.

Completely agree, these sets are marvelous!

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The FB is a joker here, I think they will make more sets in the future. The question is if they are taking spots from HP sets that year or more likely a separate wave with "extra" sets closer to the new movie.
If Lego includes FB figs in the next wave of CMF I think it is almost guaranteed we will get more sets in the future :wink:

I wouldn't mind more Fantastic Beasts sets if it keeps this theme alive for longer, and there are still a decent amount of potential sets in the 2 movies we have now. 

I'm thinking of things like Skender's Circus, French Ministry of Magic, MACUSA HQ (not much happens there but with a little fantasy it could be a great playset), Lestrange Mausoleum, Newt's Basement (great way to get more beasts!) and whatever the future movies show us! I don't want to turn the discussion into a wishlist but if we look at what's left and what's coming this theme will not go away for the next couple of years unless sales drop significantly

I wonder when the first rumours will show up... Last year, we had the bogus rumours in November which were debunked rather swiftly, followed by the brickfanatics set list and the London Toy Fair report in January, though I can’t remember the order of the latter two :grin:

Speaking of which: Too bad we probably won’t get a LTF report again, given how badly TheRandomBlocker was treated on here :sceptic: 

57 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Speaking of which: Too bad we probably won’t get a LTF report again, given how badly TheRandomBlocker was treated on here :sceptic: 

We haven't seen him for a long time. Too bad, I liked that guy. And his LTF reports we're pretty accurate

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well to be honest he did not make it easy for himself with all the obvious lies on where he got the information in the beginning :def_shrug: Had he just said he was present on the LTF and seen the following : 1,2,3.. from the start it would have been much easier to believe him from day one..

57 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We haven't seen him for a long time. Too bad, I liked that guy. And his LTF reports we're pretty accurate

From what I can remember he said he had another account here that he normally used, the other one was just for leaks from the LTF so no one should understand it was him :shrug_oh_well:
I believe he had gotten a new job also so maybe he is not going to the toyfair next year anyway, we will see if he pops back up after the LTF I guess :sceptic:

I wonder if the dog (Fang?) that was there will show up in the next CMF series :classic: It is irritating when Lego makes new animal moulds and then do not release them after all :wacko:

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Personally, I hope so :sweet: The sooner the remaining films are covered, the sooner they may fill in the gaps of the previous installments :laugh: 

Personally, I’m hoping for the exact opposite. 

Because the ‘gaps’ in the previous two years of sets aren’t actually gaps. The Forbidden Corridor, Chamber of Secrets, Shrieking Shack, Second Task, etc. have all been done before during the theme’s original run. 

In contrast, the 5th movie got exactly 1 set during the original run, which was really only identifiable as being about OotP because it had Umbridge and a couple of thestrals, otherwise it’s just a generic Hogwarts castle set, and didn’t even include the most popular fan favorite characters introduced in that movie.  The 6th film got passed over when it was released, and when the theme was revived in 2010 all it got was the Burrow and some small nods in other sets. Deathly Hallows part 1 never got any sets at all and Part 2 only got two sets - a tiny Forbidden Forest set and a relatively small Battle of Hogwarts set (and the only truly good thing to come out of those was an updated Neville). 

So yeah, don’t take it personally but I’d really prefer that Lego didn’t do the 5-8 movies dirty again just because some people are sour about not getting a new Chamber of Secrets. 

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Me too. Not because those sets have been done before exactly (they are so old now, although still good in their own way), but because like you say the later movies have never really had any real attention. And I would like this theme to continue for at least another couple of years and whilst there are still new FB movies coming out, there is really no need for Lego to rush the theme. They could do years 5 and 6 in 2020 and then year 7 in 2021 and then if FB gets the five movies planned still go back and go over the movies again. Personally I am very excited to see what we get from the later movies from here on as I have never owned any sets or minifigures relating to years 5-7.

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Me too. Not because those sets have been done before exactly (they are so old now, although still good in their own way), but because like you say the later movies have never really had any real attention. And I would like this theme to continue for at least another couple of years and whilst there are still new FB movies coming out, there is really no need for Lego to rush the theme. They could do years 5 and 6 in 2020 and then year 7 in 2021 and then if FB gets the five movies planned still go back and go over the movies again. Personally I am very excited to see what we get from the later movies from here on as I have never owned any sets or minifigures relating to years 5-7.

Admittedly, I agree that those nearly 20 year old sets are perfectly ripe for updates, I’d just prefer we get a proper treatment of the later movies first, and I only brought up the older sets as a way to contrast how the later movies didn’t really get proper sets in the first place. 

As for missing out on the 5-8 based sets the first time around, you didn’t miss too much. I’m just as excited as you about the upcoming sets and I still have all of those sets and minifigures from the first run of the theme. I’m particularly looking forward to finally getting some characters like Tonks and Kingsley (Lego only did about five characters introduced in OotP and later during the first run, and only one of them wasn’t a villain). 

Let’s hope that the Fantastic Beasts movies do extend the lifetime of the theme, both so we get more Harry Potter sets and because I sincerely want more Beasts sets. (Whether any of the characters show up in CMF series 2 should be a good litmus test for that, so fingers crossed)

On a different topic, has anybody else actually bought the new Frozen Jewellery box to use the horse as a patronus? Does it look good next to the stag? :)

29 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

On a different topic, has anybody else actually bought the new Frozen Jewellery box to use the horse as a patronus? Does it look good next to the stag? :)

I don't have it but I think it looks way too cartoony to be used as a patronus, it's fine to use alongside the CMF Frozen figures but outside of that there isn't much the Nokk would be usefull for

43 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't have it but I think it looks way too cartoony to be used as a patronus, it's fine to use alongside the CMF Frozen figures but outside of that there isn't much the Nokk would be usefull for

Isn’t the water Nokk also just trans blue, while the stag patronus has imbedded sparkles? And how much of a size difference is there between the minidoll style horses and the minifigure style horses?

Unlike star wars where we get remakes almost every year :hmpf: I wouldn't mind getting remakes of older HP sets.

For example a remake of 4730 would be great with a proper basilisk,since the one we got last year from the 75954 set was god awful :sick:

Edited by LOTR34

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Isn’t the water Nokk also just trans blue, while the stag patronus has imbedded sparkles? And how much of a size difference is there between the minidoll style horses and the minifigure style horses?

Nokk matches that frosted trans blue on the antlers of the stag.

nokk.jpg

15 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Because the ‘gaps’ in the previous two years of sets aren’t actually gaps. The Forbidden Corridor, Chamber of Secrets, Shrieking Shack, Second Task, etc. have all been done before during the theme’s original run. 

In contrast, the 5th movie got exactly 1 set during the original run, which was really only identifiable as being about OotP because it had Umbridge and a couple of thestrals, otherwise it’s just a generic Hogwarts castle set, and didn’t even include the most popular fan favorite characters introduced in that movie.  The 6th film got passed over when it was released, and when the theme was revived in 2010 all it got was the Burrow and some small nods in other sets. Deathly Hallows part 1 never got any sets at all and Part 2 only got two sets - a tiny Forbidden Forest set and a relatively small Battle of Hogwarts set (and the only truly good thing to come out of those was an updated Neville). 

So yeah, don’t take it personally but I’d really prefer that Lego didn’t do the 5-8 movies dirty again just because some people are sour about not getting a new Chamber of Secrets. 

15 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

14 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Admittedly, I agree that those nearly 20 year old sets are perfectly ripe for updates, I’d just prefer we get a proper treatment of the later movies first, and I only brought up the older sets as a way to contrast how the later movies didn’t really get proper sets in the first place. 

As for missing out on the 5-8 based sets the first time around, you didn’t miss too much. I’m just as excited as you about the upcoming sets and I still have all of those sets and minifigures from the first run of the theme. I’m particularly looking forward to finally getting some characters like Tonks and Kingsley (Lego only did about five characters introduced in OotP and later during the first run, and only one of them wasn’t a villain). 

Let’s hope that the Fantastic Beasts movies do extend the lifetime of the theme, both so we get more Harry Potter sets and because I sincerely want more Beasts sets. (Whether any of the characters show up in CMF series 2 should be a good litmus test for that, so fingers crossed)

I agree! Better to have two full waves from the last 4 films the next 2 years. After that they can go back and make sets like COS :wink:

10 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I agree with @Guyon2002 the minidoll animals do not work with minifigs, the only exception is the small sparrow mould and sea creature accessories :sceptic:

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

And how much of a size difference is there between the minidoll style horses and the minifigure style horses?

The size is not the problem it is the look! I had to google a lot to even find the two types of horses in the same picture, so most people do not mix them probably :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

Unlike star wars where we get remakes almost every year :hmpf: I wouldn't mind getting remakes of older HP sets.

For example a remake of 4730 would be great with a proper basilisk,since the one we got last year from the 75954 set was god awful :sick:

All in good time, first new sets in two years, then new and remakes of old sets after that :wink:

Oh don't get me wrong,I want Lego to first cover all the movies and then go back to remakes.

Especially since when it comes to movies 5 and 6 there are next to no sets covering them.

I say whatever can give us more HP sets, I'm game. 2010 wave is what brought me back into LEGO. It has been my favorite theme since (granted the new sets BLOW the older out of the water, even with how much better 2010/11 sets were).

But FB is just not good for movies. It doesn't have the same vibe as the earlier movies. But I'd love them to continue to keep new prints/builds up. Even if I don't love the movies, I'll always take more magical sets!

20 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I must confess my sin

25 minutes ago, Robocrookshanks said:

I must confess my sin

Thank you! I think it looks pretty good, especially how you've filled in the body. :) Great job!

2 hours ago, Robocrookshanks said:
I must confess my sin

It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would look. But considering its price on Bricklink I'm definetely not buying it, maybe when the price goes down I'll get it to go along with the CMF Frozen figures though

I feel like we could get that room (I forget it's name) from book 5 where Harry trains everyone as a set. We could get a few patronises and a good handful of students. Thoughts?

EDIT: room of requirement 

Edited by DeCommander96

2 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I feel like we could get that room (I forget it's name) from book 5 where Harry trains everyone as a set. We could get a few patronises and a good handful of students. Thoughts?

That has been one of the most requested and talked about set-possibilities for months now, only second to the astronomy tower