Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd really love to get all of the ghosts, too bad Peeves doesn't show up in the movies at all. At least the house ghosts have a small appearance

Helena Ravenclaw should be a given tho, in a CMF or a Deathly Hallows set, I mean, without her they wouldn't have figured where the tiara of Ravenclaw was, so it's a pretty important character for the film. 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd really love to get all of the ghosts, too bad Peeves doesn't show up in the movies at all. At least the house ghosts have a small appearance

Yeah, only PS had the houses Ghosts, with Nearly Headless Nick appearing in Co's too. Then they finally remembered to include them with Helena Ravenclaw in DHp2. She's realistically the only other ghost I can imagine Lego including, as much as I'd like the other few.

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

Yeah, only PS had the houses Ghosts, with Nearly Headless Nick appearing in Co's too. Then they finally remembered to include them with Helena Ravenclaw in DHp2. She's realistically the only other ghost I can imagine Lego including, as much as I'd like the other few.

Don’t forget Moaning Myrtle.

19 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

But I don't see the Bloody Baron and Fat Friar hard for Lego to make, as much as I love The Trolley Witch minifigure, she only has a few seconds of screen time during PS and GoF, so I don't see Lego having a hard time making the other two. In fact I'm starting to believe Lego is doing lesser know characters as well to please those who grew up with the books and the movies (myself included).

19 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Don’t forget Moaning Myrtle.

I think they will do Myrtle in a CMF, more or less like the design just2good has in his video.

3 hours ago, RAMcGonagall said:

But I don't see the Bloody Baron and Fat Friar hard for Lego to make, as much as I love The Trolley Witch minifigure, she only has a few seconds of screen time during PS and GoF, so I don't see Lego having a hard time making the other two. In fact I'm starting to believe Lego is doing lesser know characters as well to please those who grew up with the books and the movies (myself included).

The Trolley Witch is pretty much the only character you would need to have in a Hogwarts Express set and we've never gotten her before. And as much as I hate to say it the ghosts don't really need to be in any of the sets, their inclusion is more a nice addition than actually necessary

Myrtle would be an absolute waste of a figurespot as she doesn't require any new molds, just put her in a normal set. I really don't know why Just2Good gave her a toilet-neckattachment in his CMF as she never wears anything like that on screen (not even in the books). Unless I'm completely remembering things wrong.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The Trolley Witch is pretty much the only character you would need to have in a Hogwarts Express set and we've never gotten her before. And as much as I hate to say it the ghosts don't really need to be in any of the sets, their inclusion is more a nice addition than actually necessary

Myrtle would be an absolute waste of a figurespot as she doesn't require any new molds, just put her in a normal set. I really don't know why Just2Good gave her a toilet-neckattachment in his CMF as she never wears anything like that on screen (not even in the books). Unless I'm completely remembering things wrong.

The Ghost could be added in future Advent Calendars as it was suggested before. And no in the movies she does not have that toilet on her neck hahaha, but where could they put Myrtle tho? Unless they go back to Chamber of Secrets I can't see another spot for her... 

42 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

The Ghost could be added in future Advent Calendars as it was suggested before. And no in the movies she does not have that toilet on her neck hahaha, but where could they put Myrtle tho? Unless they go back to Chamber of Secrets I can't see another spot for her... 

Definetely Chamber of Secrets, they're not going to put only the CoS in the set anyway. And the girls bathroom would make the most sense

Has anyone else opened their advent calendar? I got three spare bow tie pieces for Flitwick. So I looked at a Youtube unboxing and it looks like that person got two spare. Really weird, like the machine just dumps a few in and you get pot luck! No wonder the calendar is so expensive. :laugh: 

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Definetely Chamber of Secrets, they're not going to put only the CoS in the set anyway. And the girls bathroom would make the most sense

Will Lego go back and make more Chamber of Secrets sets though?

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Has anyone else opened their advent calendar? I got three spare bow tie pieces for Flitwick. So I looked at a Youtube unboxing and it looks like that person got two spare. Really weird, like the machine just dumps a few in and you get pot luck! No wonder the calendar is so expensive. :laugh: 

I also got three spare bow tie pieces!

Just now, RAMcGonagall said:

Will Lego go back and make more Chamber of Secrets sets though?

Considering the HP sets sold very well I'd say its very likely, but it will not come untill after they've finished 5-8

31 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I only got two lol

1 hour ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I also got three spare bow tie pieces!

I've never got so many spares. ?

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

I only got two lol

Haha you were short changed. ?

1 hour ago, Bainter-ban said:

Why are they not making any more HP Expert sets? A lego expert diagon alley for example? 

Who says they're not making more?

Diagon Alley doesn't appear in films 3 or 4, I suspect we will get it next year for Half Blood Prince. I hope they do Weasley's Wizard Wheezes! I could see them doing Diagon Alley for HBP and then a seperate Gringotts for DH, with the dragon, and maybe even some roller coaster pieces! We don't know what Lego will actually do though, we just have to wait and see.

7 hours ago, Decat said:

Diagon Alley doesn't appear in films 3 or 4, I suspect we will get it next year for Half Blood Prince. I hope they do Weasley's Wizard Wheezes! I could see them doing Diagon Alley for HBP and then a seperate Gringotts for DH, with the dragon, and maybe even some roller coaster pieces!

Technically Diagon Alley appears in PoA, as Harry starts at the leaky cauldron after reading the Knight bus and meets the minister for magic. Also he meets up with Ron and Hermione. I'm now hoping for a printed book with the Monster book of Monsters in it now, but I doubt we'd get a set just for that scene.

I can defo imagine a Weasley's Wizard Wheezes set as it was a memorable part from the HBP. I think they could make a new piece for the pentagonal chocolate frog boxes, or at least print on a 1x1 tile. Also a 1x1 brick brick with a 1x1 pyramid slope piece would be a nice version of the Bertie Botts Every Flavour Bean's (with printing of course) 

1 minute ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Technically Diagon Alley appears in PoA, as Harry starts at the leaky cauldron after reading the Knight bus and meets the minister for magic. Also he meets up with Ron and Hermione. I'm now hoping for a printed book with the Monster book of Monsters in it now, but I doubt we'd get a set just for that scene.

I can defo imagine a Weasley's Wizard Wheezes set as it was a memorable part from the HBP. I think they could make a new piece for the pentagonal chocolate frog boxes, or at least print on a 1x1 tile. Also a 1x1 brick brick with a 1x1 pyramid slope piece would be a nice version of the Bertie Botts Every Flavour Bean's (with printing of course) 

We'll no doubt get the MBoM in a set someday, maybe even in a smaller Buckbeak Training set? They will probably not make a new piece just for the Chocolate Frog boxes, BBEFB boxes really don't need any printing (especially since it would only have 1 of 4 sides printed)

Edited by Guyon2002

That very same solution (unprinted) is on the trolley in the Hogwarts Express set for the Bertie Bott's beans, and since the chocolate frog itself is, in my opinion, more interesting and iconic than the box, I also doubt they'd bother with a whole new piece. That said, a printed Bertie Bott's box does seem like the sort of thing that might reasonably turn up as an accessory to a CMF.

10 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Who says they're not making more?

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. There were no expert sets this year, contrary to last year. 

24 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. There were no expert sets this year, contrary to last year. 

I wouldn't worry about it. Star Wars is pretty much the only license that gets "expert" sets every single year, and Harry Potter is a comparatively pretty small theme. I wouldn't expect them any more frequently than two or three years apart.

I think, considering there’s a chance that both the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets will retire in the new year, it would be really nice to get two sets for hogwarts next year; a large building and some modular parts like the previous sets.

Personally, I’d like to set, for the big set, the east wing (basically the building to the right of the UCS Hogwarts Set). With the set based on Order of the Phoenix, y’know, featuring the room of requirement and Umbridge’s office specifically. Could have a buildable death eater target, and figures of characters we haven’t gotten from DA, like the twins and Ginny.

as for the smaller set; the Astronomy Tower, based on Half-Blood Prince. In this feature a tall, but slim, Astronomy tower, and a couple generics wall parts like the other sets. Minifigures like Bellatrix or older Draco could be cool.

Just now, Whovastron said:

I think, considering there’s a chance that both the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets will retire in the new year, it would be really nice to get two sets for hogwarts next year; a large building and some modular parts like the previous sets.

Personally, I’d like to set, for the big set, the east wing (basically the building to the right of the UCS Hogwarts Set). With the set based on Order of the Phoenix, y’know, featuring the room of requirement and Umbridge’s office specifically. Could have a buildable death eater target, and figures of characters we haven’t gotten from DA, like the twins and Ginny.

as for the smaller set; the Astronomy Tower, based on Half-Blood Prince. In this feature a tall, but slim, Astronomy tower, and a couple generics wall parts like the other sets. Minifigures like Bellatrix or older Draco could be cool.

I'd much rather get the Astronomy Tower as a big set this year, they could always do the East Wing and other parts in the DH wave as there isn't really a part of Hogwarts more significant than others in those films

22 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Between is height and the fact that it will need to have to have something that widens the base to make it stable, the Astronomy Tower basically has to be the largest price point set of its wave. Which is why I’d personally rather have Lego do something like they did with the Clocktower this year, and make it a OotP set featuring the DA.

After all, there are other potential sets for Death Eater characters to appear in, but there aren’t many more opportunities to give us a bunch of uniform torsos. 

2 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Between is height and the fact that it will need to have to have something that widens the base to make it stable, the Astronomy Tower basically has to be the largest price point set of its wave. Which is why I’d personally rather have Lego do something like they did with the Clocktower this year, and make it a OotP set featuring the DA.

After all, there are other potential sets for Death Eater characters to appear in, but there aren’t many more opportunities to give us a bunch of uniform torsos. 

I disagree with that first part, remember that the grand staircase tower is the larger tower in hogwarts, basically the tallest building, and yet the clocktower, one of the smallest, is an overall bigger Lego set.

19 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I disagree with that first part, remember that the grand staircase tower is the larger tower in hogwarts, basically the tallest building, and yet the clocktower, one of the smallest, is an overall bigger Lego set.

The astronomy tower is the tallest, not the grand staircase tower