Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

2 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Maybe it's pre order only?

The own shop says it's avaible now... I looked in two computers and in my phone and it's the same... I think I will send an email to lego tomorrow

1 hour ago, RAMcGonagall said:

The own shop says it's avaible now... I looked in two computers and in my phone and it's the same... I think I will send an email to lego tomorrow

Just have patience, there is always something that goes wrong when lego releases new sets. Knowing lego it will get resolved soon

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just have patience, there is always something that goes wrong when lego releases new sets. Knowing lego it will get resolved soon

I can buy it now! I was worried I wouldn't be able to get this one

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Picked up my calendar at my Lego store earlier. Now I just need to sit on my hands for the next three months. 

It was Christmas in September in my house!:laugh: I built everything already. 

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Picked up my calendar at my Lego store earlier. Now I just need to sit on my hands for the next three months. 

Which is exactly why I'm not buying it right away, I don't have the patience to wait 3 months knowing I could build it right now

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Which is exactly why I'm not buying it right away, I don't have the patience to wait 3 months knowing I could build it right now

Will it still be widely available in stores in December?

Edited by DeCommander96

56 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I don't know, it should, it's an Advent Calendat after all, but just in case I already ordered mine

So I used some of my GCSE money to FINALLY buy the whole wave. Gotta say, the best builds for me had to be the clocktower, hagrids hut and the graveyard duel. The knight bus wasn’t that fun as it was repetitive, but luckily didn’t take too long. I found the beauxbaton carriage boring to build, and the horntail was fun to build, however the tent was bland. The dementor attack was very lovely to build. Waiting on my advent calendar, should come in a few days.

10 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Most advent calendars have been available till January, some till March. So I have no worries buying it at the end of November

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Most advent calendars have been available till January, some till March. So I have no worries buying it at the end of November

Maybe I’m misremembering things, but aren‘t they usually sold out rather quickly?  And November‘s probably the worst time imaginable to buy an advent calendar since that‘s when most regular people buy them for their kids :tongue: Given how popular the WW theme has been so far, it‘s probably wise not to wait for too long to snag one :purrr:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe I’m misremembering things, but aren‘t they usually sold out rather quickly?  And November‘s probably the worst time imaginable to buy an advent calendar since that‘s when most regular people buy them for their kids :tongue: Given how popular the WW theme has been so far, it‘s probably wise not to wait for too long to snag one :purrr:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I always find them on discount by november, and there aren't many legofans in my area

But we better get back to topic

Just a heads up: LEGO just posted their growing sales / profit and Harry Potter isn't one of the top-selling themes. That's because they technically belong in 2HY. Just thought I'd share this before we start another discussion on such a small thing :wink:

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just a heads up: LEGO just posted their growing sales / profit and Harry Potter isn't one of the top-selling themes. That's because they technically belong in 2HY. Just thought I'd share this before we start another discussion on such a small thing :wink:

Isn't that a bad thing tho if what we want is more Harry Potter sets?

11 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

Isn't that a bad thing tho if what we want is more Harry Potter sets?

As @Guyon2002 has pointed out, this year‘s sets aren‘t part of the report because they were 2HY releases :wink: The only WW sets that contributed to the 1HY report were last year‘s und they were of course outsold by new releases such as the Endgame sets that claimed one of the top 6 spots. I‘m pretty confident that WW will reclaim its spot in the 2HY report early next year :thumbup:

17 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I‘m pretty confident that WW will reclaim its spot in the 2HY report early next year :thumbup:

Was WW in last years 2HY report?!

They keep all the most interesting data secret off-course, What would be more interesting is how many copies each set is selling or a top 10-20 best selling sets, a theme with 30 sets will do better than a theme with 5 sets even if the smaller theme sells more of each set..

16 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

a theme with 30 sets will do better than a theme with 5 sets even if the smaller theme sells more of each set..

Which makes Avengers' presence in the top-list even more suprising as it already is, it really looked like those sets sold very poorly

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Which makes Avengers' presence in the top-list even more suprising as it already is, it really looked like those sets sold very poorly

Yes that was impressive, but I guess it was only a limited number of themes that had sets in January or March *huh*
The movie was also a record breaker so I guess sets that are from a new movie depend a lot on how well the move do it regarding sales numbers.. Lego Prince of Persia and lone ranger had nice sets, but the movies where not hits so I do not think the sets sold very well :sadnew:

On 9/1/2019 at 4:46 PM, RAMcGonagall said:

I know but on the Lego Shop said it was coming out today, and today I can't enter the page anymore...

I'm surprised too. Was at my local Lego shop yesterday (one in the UK), but they didn't have it yet.

5 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I'm surprised too. Was at my local Lego shop yesterday (one in the UK), but they didn't have it yet.

In the Lego Store I go they had no idea there was a Harry Potter advent calendar, so I ended up buying it online.

5 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I can't find it either

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of shops bought in a lot of stock, since Avengers is such a big seller. The result of that will be that the shelves remain stocked constantly.