Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

2 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

8 sets? I'm talking about 4. And yes, Gringotts with the vaults would be twice as large as others, but it wouldn't be D2C expensive. I imagine the vaults themselves could be about Batcave sive (to accomodate the dragon), plus Gringotts on top, altogether creating about 1500-1700 pieces set. It's a bit much, but not unheard of

I don't think the vault would work under the bank.  It would have to be off to the side/behind as it wouldn't work a as playset (or display) with other diagon ally stores.  It would be like adding a chamber of secrets under on of the already existing castle sets.  The rest of the castle would no longer work with that section as it would be elevated above the rest.

32 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

I don't think the vault would work under the bank.  It would have to be off to the side/behind as it wouldn't work a as playset (or display) with other diagon ally stores.  It would be like adding a chamber of secrets under on of the already existing castle sets.  The rest of the castle would no longer work with that section as it would be elevated above the rest.

Just like I said, it's pretty much the Harry Potter version of the ''Rancor Pit problem''

34 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

IT could work like the '66 batcave and gringotts is a big building so they could make the vault ground level with stairs covering it from the front

Edited by DeCommander96
Just realised what you meant. Ignore this post

32 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think the Gringott's Dragon would work better as a Rancor Pit-like set, only attached to the back and not the bottom (it's good for accuracy but it made Jabba's Palace look both weird and bad at the same time) 

Having Gringotts on top at least makes sense in terms of play value, because of the dragon climbing upwards right through the bank. I also mentioned earlier that in this configuration the building should be detachable if you wanted it with the rest of DA.

17 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

IT could work like the '66 batcave

Sort of? But Rancor pit + Jabba's palace is what I'm really thinking of. It's not the prettiest thing but realistically it's the best solution in a standard set and as long as both sections are separable, it's not really a problem, it's just up to a consumer which way they prefer

6 hours ago, illian420 said:

I messaged Toys R Us Canada to see if Bricktober is going to happen. They said Yes! No details or anything though.

I don't see how they could exclude a Harry Potter set. Last time they were all professors. Would they have characters in special yule ball costumes this time?  If they do professors, I really hope they include lockhart!

Unless you have some direct source, i'm not sure how accurate the information from messaging ToysRus Canda is.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really like the idea of multiple Diagon Alley sets. What I'd really like to see is the more iconic buildings (except for Gringotts, that's big enough to warrant one set) being teamed up with the less iconic ones like Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, Eeylops Owl Emporium, Madam Malkins' etc. They wouldn't need to be fully enclosed like modulars so it's definetely possible!

Wrebbit-3D actually did something like this. They released a small 3D puzzle a few years back that included tiny versions of most of the shops (but missing the bank). Then last year they released 3 puzzles in a Diagon Alley series each with two shops - Madam Malkin’s and Florean Fortescue’s, Ollivander’s and Scribbulus, and Quality Quidditch Supplies and Slug & Jiggers Apothecary. I’d definitely be interested if they continued the line so it’s a sound strategy for Lego to copy(especially if they give us a stocked Eylops). The big difference is the price (Lego sets are going to be a price point or two more than a foam 3D puzzle) and the minifigure lineups, which could get tricky after awhile if Lego doesn’t want to start using background extras. 

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think people would riot if Bellatrix isn't in the next wave. I personally missed out on her in the 2010 wave but I do know she is one of the fan-favorites as far as villains go

I still have my Burrow set from back then and really, Bellatrix was the best designed minifigure of that wave. The designers did an amazing job with her hairpiece, so while I’m not really a fan of villains, she’s the one Death Eater I’m excited to see the redesign for. 

7 hours ago, illian420 said:

I messaged Toys R Us Canada to see if Bricktober is going to happen. They said Yes! No details or anything though.

I don't see how they could exclude a Harry Potter set. Last time they were all professors. Would they have characters in special yule ball costumes this time?  If they do professors, I really hope they include lockhart!

Bricktober happening doesn't actually mean we're getting any figures. They could be planning a Bricktober sale or such. Unless you got proper confirmation from someone higher up that we're still getting the minifigure packs this year, it's not really solid info.

16 hours ago, Ultron said:

They're great to us except for when we ask for Fang, Padfoot, and Mrs. Norris :sing:

I would rather have those or a centur instead of Grawp :shrug_oh_well:

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Eeylops Owl Emporium

Owls :grin_wub:
:tongue:

The info will come out here around mid September if they have any Bricktober stuff happening and exactly what it is.

So far they (TRU) have something planned but what it is, no one is saying.

3 hours ago, Acura said:

The info will come out here around mid September if they have any Bricktober stuff happening and exactly what it is.

So far they (TRU) have something planned but what it is, no one is saying.

We saw the marvel and ninjago packs early last year so as long as we don't get any more concrete leaks I'm not believing any of this

Have you guys seen the new commercials of the expecto patronum set and the arrival of the beauxbaton carriage? They're funny :) I want to add, one of them has a spoiler XD

Edited by Otherworld

52 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Have you guys seen the new commercials of the expecto patronum set and the arrival of the beauxbaton carriage? They're funny :) I want to add, one of them has a spoiler XD

Think I have. Are they the videos just uploaded to the LEGO Youtube channel? If so, what's the spoiler?

I don’t pretend to be an expert, but I like to think I know the kind of thing Lego would do. Realistically, and very most likely, here’s what Lego will/ would do:

big D2C diagon alley, on 2 32x32 baseplates, creating a 64x 32 plan 

and a separate set for the dragon with a roller coaster track like build, that forms a loop, with rock structure builds attatched, no exterior.

8 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

I don’t pretend to be an expert, but I like to think I know the kind of thing Lego would do. Realistically, and very most likely, here’s what Lego will/ would do:

big D2C diagon alley, on 2 32x32 baseplates, creating a 64x 32 plan 

and a separate set for the dragon with a roller coaster track like build, that forms a loop, with rock structure builds attatched, no exterior.

You do know that's actually not that large at all right? If they make one big D2C they would most likely give us a larger version of the GWP, which would definetely not fit on 2 baseplates

Also, haven't Lego stopped including baseplates in most sets? 

I reckon it would be three or four buildings from the following: Ollivanders, Gringotts, WWW, Flourish and Blotts and the Leaky Cauldron with interiors. Perhaps the facade of a couple of shops like Madam Malkins, Quality Quiddich Supplies or the Magical Menagerie. 

Knockturn Alley and Borgin and Burkes could have their own set, as could Gringotts vaults. 

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You do know that's actually not that large at all right? If they make one big D2C they would most likely give us a larger version of the GWP, which would definetely not fit on 2 baseplates

Considering a modular costs £135, and that’s on 32x32 baseplate, multiply by 2,and it’s £270,that’s a decent price, as well let’s take the detectives office for example, thats 2262 pieces, multiply by 2, 4524 pieces, minus let’s say 1000 just because there’s that long path, that would take up a lot of building space, 3524 pieces for a D2C diagon alley at £270, which is not small at all.

and yes they would very much likely make it a larger version of the GWP, hence why I said on the two baseplates, as the GWP was built on a plate, I think I’d already said that they’d most likely make a larger GWP here:

On 8/14/2019 at 2:40 PM, Legoniche said:

I just hope we get a D2C diagon alley next year, based across the franchise, a scaled up version of the promo

^

36 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Considering a modular costs £135, and that’s on 32x32 baseplate, multiply by 2,and it’s £270,that’s a decent price, as well let’s take the detectives office for example, thats 2262 pieces, multiply by 2, 4524 pieces, minus let’s say 1000 just because there’s that long path, that would take up a lot of building space, 3524 pieces for a D2C diagon alley at £270, which is not small at all.

I wasn't referring to the size by the amount of pieces, but the size by the amount of baseplates. 32x64 is not a lot of space as a proper Gringotts would most likely already take up most of one baseplate. Though if I would have to stick to a 32x64 template I could imagine something like this in terms of width (taking in mind all buildings are open at the back and Gringotts and WWW are also open at the sides):

- Weasley's Wizard Wheezes - 20 studs = 20 total, 44 left

- Gringotts - 16 studs = 36 total, 28 left

- Ollivanders: 10 studs = 46 total, 18 left

- Flourish and Blotts and Quality Quidditch Supplies - both 9 studs = 64 total

Add a nice pathway in front of that, maybe some signs and other displays (and some random owlcages to ensure @Roebuck buys the set :wink:) and you've get a pretty perfect set.

But just looking at this, I'd say 3 baseplates would be the way to go as I feel like Ollivanders, FaB and QQS would be way too small because of how large Gringotts and WWW are.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

and some random owlcages to ensure @Roebuck buys the set :wink:

:laugh: I will most likely buy every WW they make anyway, but do not tell Lego that; say it comes down to the number of owls :tongue:

If LEGO does another Diagon Alley D2C my bet is that it will be along the lines of the previous one. Anything on baseplates I think is highly unlikely.

4 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

If LEGO does another Diagon Alley D2C my bet is that it will be along the lines of the previous one. Anything on baseplates I think is highly unlikely.

I highly doubt they’d do separated buildings again, given their new dedication to screen accuracy and the fact that they’ve demonstrated that they know that most of the shops share walls with the micro scale gwp. 

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

:laugh: I will most likely buy every WW they make anyway, but do not tell Lego that; say it comes down to the number of owls :tongue:

... and cats, and dogs, and some convenient new patronus moulds too

Edited by williejm

13 minutes ago, williejm said:

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, none us will buy any new Harry Potter sets unless they make Hermione’ otter patronus :snicker:

9 hours ago, williejm said:

:sweet::thumbup:

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Yes, none us will buy any new Harry Potter sets unless they make Hermione’ otter patronus :snicker:

:laugh: