Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So I think we can all agree the 4 confirmed 2020 sets are either based on years 5-6 or used to fill in some of the gaps in years 1-4. I'm pretty sure if we compare the prices of the sets from the  2018 and 2019 waves we can guess some of the prices and maybe take a guess at what's to come. Take in mind this is speculation!

First of all let's start by taking a look at this little overview of both waves I made, take in mind this doesn't include promotional or D2C sets! All prices are based on the amount of US Dollars as listed on Brickset.

PRICE 2018 2019 - 1 2019 - 2
15 Aragog    
20 FB carriage Expecto Patronum Graveyard
30   Horntail  
40 Quidditch Knight Bus Advent Calendar
50 Suitcase   BB carriage
60   Hagrid's Hut  
70 Whomping Willow    
80 Hogwarts Express    
90   Clock Tower  
100 Great Hall    

So judging by the previous waves we can estimate we're getting at least a ~20$ and a ~40$ set, as sets at this pricerange have been in all waves. To add to that we always get a big Hogwarts extension, which (by past wave standards) we can expect to be around ~90-100$. That leaves one set to fit within the ~50-80$ range, so let's just meet somewhat in the middle and say ~70$.

I'll list these speculated prices below, behind each price I'll write what I find most likely to come at this price from a filler or years 5-6 wave:

20$ - Troll in the Bathroom / Attack on the Quidditch World Cup ----- Grawp / The Inferi Cave

40$ - The Second Task / The Forbidden Corridor ----- Minestry of Magic battle (most likely the Veil-battle, as that part has more desirable and new characters like Tonks and Kingsley)

70$ - The Shrieking Shack / The Durmstrang Ship ----- Room of Requirement (alongside another part of the castle) / 12th Grimmauld Place

90-100$ - The Chamber of Secrets (once again alongside another part of the castle) ----- The Astronomy Tower

What do you guys think? Are these past waves an indication of what prices we can expect? What sets do you see likely at this price point? 

Once again: this is speculation, nothing said in this (rather long) ''theory'' is confirmed besides the fact we're getting at least 4 more sets!

Impressive! We could get a giant snake in the chamber set, didn't they do something similar for Ninjago?

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So I think we can all agree the 4 confirmed 2020 sets are either based on years 5-6 or used to fill in some of the gaps in years 1-4. I'm pretty sure if we compare the prices of the sets from the  2018 and 2019 waves we can guess some of the prices and maybe take a guess at what's to come. Take in mind this is speculation!

First of all let's start by taking a look at this little overview of both waves I made, take in mind this doesn't include promotional or D2C sets! All prices are based on the amount of US Dollars as listed on Brickset.

PRICE 2018 2019 - 1 2019 - 2
15 Aragog    
20 FB carriage Expecto Patronum Graveyard
30   Horntail  
40 Quidditch Knight Bus Advent Calendar
50 Suitcase   BB carriage
60   Hagrid's Hut  
70 Whomping Willow    
80 Hogwarts Express    
90   Clock Tower  
100 Great Hall    

So judging by the previous waves we can estimate we're getting at least a ~20$ and a ~40$ set, as sets at this pricerange have been in all waves. To add to that we always get a big Hogwarts extension, which (by past wave standards) we can expect to be around ~90-100$. That leaves one set to fit within the ~50-80$ range, so let's just meet somewhat in the middle and say ~70$.

I'll list these speculated prices below, behind each price I'll write what I find most likely to come at this price from a filler or years 5-6 wave:

20$ - Troll in the Bathroom / Attack on the Quidditch World Cup ----- Grawp / The Inferi Cave

40$ - The Second Task / The Forbidden Corridor ----- Minestry of Magic battle (most likely the Veil-battle, as that part has more desirable and new characters like Tonks and Kingsley)

70$ - The Shrieking Shack / The Durmstrang Ship ----- Room of Requirement (alongside another part of the castle) / 12th Grimmauld Place

90-100$ - The Chamber of Secrets (once again alongside another part of the castle) ----- The Astronomy Tower

What do you guys think? Are these past waves an indication of what prices we can expect? What sets do you see likely at this price point? 

Once again: this is speculation, nothing said in this (rather long) ''theory'' is confirmed besides the fact we're getting at least 4 more sets!

I definitely don’t see Lego going back to fill in the gaps yet, and I wouldn’t want them to either. I’d much rather they move forward and finally do proper waves of OotP, HBP and Deathly Hallows. To me getting characters and sets that were skipped over entirely the first time around is more important than getting updated versions of old sets. 

I also think it’s worth noting that we’re almost certainly getting more than just the four sets, it’s happened the last two years after all. 

I think the Infiri Cave, Grawp, Grimmauld Place and the Astronomy Tower are all good guesses - although I personally suspect we’ve got a good chance of seeing a repeat of the Clocktower and getting the Room of Requirement in the Astronomy Tower. I’d also bump the Grawp set up a price point (unless Lego does us dirty and doesn’t take the opportunity to give us centaurs). 

I’d also suggest the possibility of Borgin and Burke’s, since it would be a nice medium set they could fill with Death Eaters, and set wise a good analogue for this year’s Beauxbatons Carriage.  

10 hours ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

Oh, and isn't this already 2020 talk?

It is, but the mods closed the 2020 thread and told us to continue that discussion here

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I definitely don’t see Lego going back to fill in the gaps yet, and I wouldn’t want them to either. I’d much rather they move forward and finally do proper waves of OotP, HBP and Deathly Hallows. To me getting characters and sets that were skipped over entirely the first time around is more important than getting updated versions of old sets. 

I'd also prefer getting OotP and HBP sets, but 4 sets doesn't sound like much to get for 2 movies. So them returning to 1-4 already seems plausible, they would probably still make 5-6 sets in the summer like they've done for the past 2 years. But overall I completely agree, I really want (update or brand new) figures for Tonks, Kingsley, Bellatrix, Lucius, Greyback, Molly, Arthur and (though not that likely) Bill.

In the end, it's worth saying my speculation was much more based on the possible prices than the potential sets.

I also think it’s worth noting that we’re almost certainly getting more than just the four sets, it’s happened the last two years after all. 

I agree, but it's best not to speculate on more than 4 sets atm because no more than 4 sets have been confirmed. They could easily do 10+ sets on these 2 movies

I think the Infiri Cave, Grawp, Grimmauld Place and the Astronomy Tower are all good guesses - although I personally suspect we’ve got a good chance of seeing a repeat of the Clocktower and getting the Room of Requirement in the Astronomy Tower. I’d also bump the Grawp set up a price point (unless Lego does us dirty and doesn’t take the opportunity to give us centaurs). 

They definetely wouldn't repeat the Clocktower this soon, getting the RoR in the Astronomy Tower is definetely a possibility but I'm just worried I'd be way too small. As for Grawp, I'd like to say ''don't count on it lego will always cut corners'' but they've already proven how much they care about us Harry Potter fans

Built the graveyard and Expecto Patronum sets yesterday. The graveyard is a surprisingly nice build for such a small set, and with 4 good figs I think it's a bargain not to be missed.

Expecto Patronum feels a bit sparse compared to the graveyard, but comes with the stag which eats up part of the budget. For me this set is a must have because of the excellent Sirius Black figure, and overall I think it is a good set.

Hopefully future waves will have more small sets with a generous number of figures like these two!

1 hour ago, Legoniche said:

I just hope we get a D2C diagon alley next year, based across the franchise, a scaled up version of the promo

I would love to see them do Diagon Ally similar to how they have been doing the hogwarts castle.  Release multiple sets that are "modular" to slowly build it out.  Several $40-80 sets that can stand alone if you want but ultimately are designed to go together.

1 hour ago, RyanMe said:

I would love to see them do Diagon Ally similar to how they have been doing the hogwarts castle.  Release multiple sets that are "modular" to slowly build it out.  Several $40-80 sets that can stand alone if you want but ultimately are designed to go together.

I'd like that too. Maybe have Ollivanders and Flourish and Botts as one set. Fred and George's shop as it's own set. Gringotts also as it's own set etc. Maybe even The Leaky Caludron given it is the "entrance" for Diagon Alley. 

1 hour ago, RyanMe said:

I would love to see them do Diagon Ally similar to how they have been doing the hogwarts castle.  Release multiple sets that are "modular" to slowly build it out. [...]

Nah, I‘d rather they release a Diagon Alley D2C :classic: It would simply take way too long to assemble Diagon Alley if there was only one building per wave. Plus, not all of them are all that interesting on their own and they would quickly run out of minifigs to include as well :grin:

I think the shop that Harry lands in when they do the Fireplace Powder thing could have some interesting parts in it, and I personally would prefer a whole diagon alley d2c, for all the same reasons mentioned by @Lego-Freak

33 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nah, I‘d rather they release a Diagon Alley D2C :classic: It would simply take way too long to assemble Diagon Alley if there was only one building per wave. Plus, not all of them are all that interesting on their own and they would quickly run out of minifigs to include as well :grin:

There's enough Diagon Alley Content for at least 2 D2Cs or a very large one. Pulling largely from Books 1/2/6

Obviously the Gringotts sequence from Deathly Hallows is substantial as well, but that would likely be its own set. 

Maybe Flourish & Blotts, Leaky Cauldron, Olivanders, Borgin & Burkes as one bigger D2C focusing on Chamber of Secrets for depictions. Quality Quidditch Supplies and Magical Menagerie could be included if they want to make it really big and full. 

Then Weasley's Wizard Wheezes and Escape from Gringotts could be two separate larger sets. 

Edited by Ultron

44 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

One building per wave could potentially work if we knew for certain there would be two waves a year. With 6 main locations (I'm not counting on Lego to  recreate anything that wasn't in the movies) this subtheme would be finished in 2,5 years. A good course of action would be to combine the less important (to the plot, i.e. Quidditch Supplies ans Flourish & Blotts) with the more prominent. It could go like this: standalone Gringotts (with the vaults, so already large enough for one set), Leaky Couldron + Quidditch, Ollivander + F&B, Weasleys Shop + Borgin & Burkes. Ideally Gringotts would be detachable from the underground section

Edited by BenderBrau

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They definetely wouldn't repeat the Clocktower this soon, getting the RoR in the Astronomy Tower is definetely a possibility but I'm just worried I'd be way too small. As for Grawp, I'd like to say ''don't count on it lego will always cut corners'' but they've already proven how much they care about us Harry Potter fans

They're great to us except for when we ask for Fang, Padfoot, and Mrs. Norris :sing:

42 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

I think the shop that Harry lands in when they do the Fireplace Powder thing could have some interesting parts in it, and I personally would prefer a whole diagon alley d2c, for all the same reasons mentioned by @Lego-Freak

When I was younger and Mars Mission/other space themes were big I always wanted them to do the pump tube thing to represent traveling by Floo Powder :laugh_hard:

7 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

One building per wave could potentially work if we knew for certain there would be two waves a year. With 6 main locations (I'm not counting on Lego to  recreate anything that wasn't in the movies) this subtheme would be finished in 2,5 years. A good course of action would be to combine the less important (to the plot, i.e. Quidditch Supplies ans Flourish & Blotts) with the more prominent. It could go like this: standalone Gringotts (with the vaults, so already large enough for one set), Leaky Couldron + Quidditch, Ollivander + F&B, Weasleys Shop + Borgin & Burkes. Ideally Gringotts would be detachable from the underground section

You do realise how expensive that gringotts alone would be right? Not to mention the other 8 sets

18 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I think the Infiri Cave, Grawp, Grimmauld Place and the Astronomy Tower are all good guesses

Inferi Cave is 100% gonna happen. Suggested it last year, but people think it's too dark for whatever reason...but it's an easy small army building set depicting an action sequence and easily depicted antagonists. Not to mention it'd be a small set to give Dumbledore in and give him a new variant with a cursed hand. 

Excited to see what they'll do for the updated Sirius!!! Hopefully they'll realize moodys hairpiece suits him better? I liked his luke hair but accuracy is accuracy!!

I also wonder if they will use the same 2010 hairpiece for Bellatrix (Assuming she'll be included seeing how she is relevant from this point forward) I would love to see a new hard plastic one :D Or at least they should print her white hair streaks. 

2 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

You do realise how expensive that gringotts alone would be right? Not to mention the other 8 sets

8 sets? I'm talking about 4. And yes, Gringotts with the vaults would be twice as large as others, but it wouldn't be D2C expensive. I imagine the vaults themselves could be about Batcave sive (to accomodate the dragon), plus Gringotts on top, altogether creating about 1500-1700 pieces set. It's a bit much, but not unheard of

25 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Excited to see what they'll do for the updated Sirius!!! Hopefully they'll realize moodys hairpiece suits him better? I liked his luke hair but accuracy is accuracy!!

They definitely foreshadowed it with the wanted poster. I hope they give us the hairpiece in dark brown because I think that it really suits his more casual look.

I messaged Toys R Us Canada to see if Bricktober is going to happen. They said Yes! No details or anything though.

I don't see how they could exclude a Harry Potter set. Last time they were all professors. Would they have characters in special yule ball costumes this time?  If they do professors, I really hope they include lockhart!

10 minutes ago, illian420 said:

I messaged Toys R Us Canada to see if Bricktober is going to happen. They said Yes! No details or anything though.

I don't see how they could exclude a Harry Potter set. Last time they were all professors. Would they have characters in special yule ball costumes this time?  If they do professors, I really hope they include lockhart!

More Bricktober exclusive minifigs? Yay!

Toys R Us collapsed in my country? Boo!

I hope it's a Lego store gift with purchase in non-TRU countries.

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

8 sets? I'm talking about 4. And yes, Gringotts with the vaults would be twice as large as others, but it wouldn't be D2C expensive. I imagine the vaults themselves could be about Batcave sive (to accomodate the dragon), plus Gringotts on top, altogether creating about 1500-1700 pieces set. It's a bit much, but not unheard of

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

They're great to us except for when we ask for Fang, Padfoot, and Mrs. Norris :sing:

When I was younger and Mars Mission/other space themes were big I always wanted them to do the pump tube thing to represent traveling by Floo Powder :laugh_hard:

6 sets my bad:                                  Haha yes, that would be quicker than getting to space via spaceship

gringotts

flourish and botta

olivander

weasley shop

leaky cauldron 

bourgin burks

Edited by DeCommander96

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I didn’t mean a literal repeat of the Clocktower, but a repeat of the idea of using a section of castle facade iconic to one movie and filling it with a scene from another. And given how tall and thin the Astronomy Tower is I could definitely see Lego doing the ground floor wider and deeper than the rest to add stability. 

On the matter of Diagon Alley - I think Gringott’s Bank, Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes and Borgin and Burke’s have the best chance of being made into separate sets, with the rest of the Alley more likely to come as a D2C. 

1 minute ago, Otherworld said:

Wuuut! A new bricktober pack?!? I hope we see Lockhart!

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, even if Bricktober is back there’s no word on if there’d be a Harry Potter pack this year. 

Let's not jump the gun here, "Bricktober happening" doesn't automatically entail "Harry Potter Bricktober packs" (or Bricktober packs in general) :classic: Personally, I think it's most likely a small scale event with a couple of regular polybags or something like that :wink:

Edit: Ninja'd :enough:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, Ultron said:

Don't forget a proper Crookshanks! And I know it's never going to happen but I really want Pigwidgeon (even though he only appears in promotional photo's in ''movie canon''), even if they'd just add a Pig-colored owl to one of the sets as sort of an easter-egg that would be so awesome!

4 hours ago, RyanMe said:

That would be incredible

2 hours ago, Ultron said:

Inferi Cave is 100% gonna happen. Suggested it last year, but people think it's too dark for whatever reason...but it's an easy small army building set depicting an action sequence and easily depicted antagonists. Not to mention it'd be a small set to give Dumbledore in and give him a new variant with a cursed hand. 

The ''it's too dark'' discussion was pretty much completely thrown out of the window when they released the Stranger Things set. There is nothing in Harry Potter darker than the things happening in ST

1 hour ago, Otherworld said:

I also wonder if they will use the same 2010 hairpiece for Bellatrix (Assuming she'll be included seeing how she is relevant from this point forward) I would love to see a new hard plastic one :D Or at least they should print her white hair streaks. 

I think people would riot if Bellatrix isn't in the next wave. I personally missed out on her in the 2010 wave but I do know she is one of the fan-favorites as far as villains go 

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

I think the Gringott's Dragon would work better as a Rancor Pit-like set, only attached to the back and not the bottom (it's good for accuracy but it made Jabba's Palace look both weird and bad at the same time)

1 hour ago, illian420 said:

I really hope they keep the Yule Ball costumes for future Advent Calendars. I really like how a set counting down to christmas actually comes with christmas-themed characters, unlike the stuff Star Wars is putting in their AC's nowadays

I really like the idea of multiple Diagon Alley sets. What I'd really like to see is the more iconic buildings (except for Gringotts, that's big enough to warrant one set) being teamed up with the less iconic ones like Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, Eeylops Owl Emporium, Madam Malkins' etc. They wouldn't need to be fully enclosed like modulars so it's definetely possible!

Though that's probably never going to happen Diagon Alley was made pretty famous through the Universal Theme Parks, so I wouldn't say it's out of hte question!