Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just having a think, how awesome would it be if say we got a gringotts which incorporates the roller coaster track elements, would have huge play ability element

37 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I must say I disagree, I think he needs a new mold (which is why he's perfect for a CMF). Probably something similair to Zane's hairpiece from the Ninjago Movie but more spiky and slicked back.

I agree it should be similar to the Zane piece (has anyone tried that piece BTW?) but it should come a little bit further down the sides and back of his head. I've no idea if Johnny Depp is signed up to all five films, so it'd be good to get that new piece sooner rather than later. 

I hope any further FB sets we get will have beasts in them - I'm not a fan of much in the films except seeing more of them. 

The French MoM with Newt, Tina and the Zouwu vs the Matagots would be a good example of this. 

12 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I agree it should be similar to the Zane piece (has anyone tried that piece BTW?) but it should come a little bit further down the sides and back of his head. I've no idea if Johnny Depp is signed up to all five films, so it'd be good to get that new piece sooner rather than later. 

I hope any further FB sets we get will have beasts in them - I'm not a fan of much in the films except seeing more of them. 

The French MoM with Newt, Tina and the Zouwu vs the Matagots would be a good example of this. 

Yeah I agree, some beasts would be nice

11 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I agree it should be similar to the Zane piece (has anyone tried that piece BTW?) but it should come a little bit further down the sides and back of his head. I've no idea if Johnny Depp is signed up to all five films, so it'd be good to get that new piece sooner rather than later

Depp was reportedly being removed from FB3, but not too long ago it has been confirmed that he will be returning for FB3 (the studio wasn't happy with him because of the whole Amber Heard debacle)

11 minutes ago, Seaber said:

That would be good, but add Leta to it and it would be awesome (we really need a figure of her, regardless of how small her role was)

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Depp was reportedly being removed from FB3, but not too long ago it has been confirmed that he will be returning for FB3 (the studio wasn't happy with him because of the whole Amber Heard debacle)

That would be good, but add Leta to it and it would be awesome (we really need a figure of her, regardless of how small her role was)

Wasn't that before the sequel?

I'd also love it if they made a set based based on Newt's basement. The amount of beasts they could give us through that set would be amazing!

It's extreme wishlisting but just imagine this (I'll put it in a spoiler tag so people who don't want to read it can just skip it):

Spoiler

Newt's Basement / 50-60$

Figures:

- Newt (white shirt with suspenders from the scene where he's having dinner with Jacob and Queenie, just so it's a different figure)

- Bunty

- Demiguise (short legs, CMF cat tailpiece and a new headpiece similair to CMF bigfoot)

- 3 Baby Nifflers (reusing the normal Niffler mold)

Builds:

- A set of stairs for the center of the build, underneath the stairs would be a small table with a cage/nest for the Baby Nifflers

- A big tank with some plants at the bottom for a brickbuilt Kelpie

- A perch for a brickbuilt Augurey

- A brickbuilt Leucrotta (the big moose-like creature Bunty was treating)

4 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Wasn't that before the sequel?

Both before and after, it's still going on now

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd also love it if they made a set based based on Newt's basement. The amount of beasts they could give us through that set would be amazing!

It's extreme wishlisting but just imagine this (I'll put it in a spoiler tag so people who don't want to read it can just skip it):

Hide contents

Newt's Basement / 50-60$

Figures:

- Newt (white shirt with suspenders from the scene where he's having dinner with Jacob and Queenie, just so it's a different figure)

- Bunty

- Demiguise (short legs, CMF cat tailpiece and a new headpiece similair to CMF bigfoot)

- 3 Baby Nifflers (reusing the normal Niffler mold)

Builds:

- A set of stairs for the center of the build, underneath the stairs would be a small table with a cage/nest for the Baby Nifflers

- A big tank with some plants at the bottom for a brickbuilt Kelpie

- A perch for a brickbuilt Augurey

- A brickbuilt Leucrotta (the big moose-like creature Bunty was treating)

Both before and after, it's still going on now

That does sound like a good set.

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Including main characters in each series is sound marketing, nothing else. 

Yes off course, but if we get 6 FB figs as last time I hope that 4-5 of them are not the same as series 1 :tongue:
Tina, Queenie, Newt and Jacob already have 2-3 good figs each. I understand that they must include Newt, but maybe the other 3 could change spots with some new characters :shrug_oh_well:
HP figs had 16 spots so even tough we got two Harry's and one Ron and Hermione it was stills room for a lot of new figs (off course some of them have or will show up in sets later, but they came first in the CMF). FB have only 6 spots, but since most of the HP figs are well known maybe it is possible to include some less known character among the FB figs :wink:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Yes off course, but if we get 6 FB figs as last time I hope that 4-5 of them are not the same as series 1 :tongue:
Tina, Queenie, Newt and Jacob already have 2-3 good figs each. I understand that they must include Newt, but maybe the other 3 could change spots with some new characters :shrug_oh_well:
HP figs had 16 spots so even tough we got two Harry's and one Ron and Hermione it was stills room for a lot of new figs (off course some of them have or will show up in sets later, but they came first in the CMF). FB have only 6 spots, but since most of the HP figs are well known maybe it is possible to include some less known character among the FB figs :wink:

I'm not too afraid for Newt, they'll easily be able to find a nice variation with some usefull pieces. (Not to mention, if we get a Newt, we might get his younger version with Hufflepuff Robes, which would be sweet)

Hate how Depp still gets crap for that when it turned out she abused him. He was probably the only good thing from FB2

24 minutes ago, daniboy1997 said:

Hate how Depp still gets crap for that when it turned out she abused him. He was probably the only good thing from FB2

We need to stop talking about this here.  Neither of us was there when the abuse happened, so we can’t know for sure.  Political issues can and should be discussed and civilly debated, but come on, not in the LEGO forum!

If the Depp comments belong anywhere, it’s with any other extensive discussion of source material: the Culture and Multimedia forum.  

Side note: I bought the Rise of Voldemort and it’s AMAZING.  I take back my earlier disparaging comments.  The build is not the most revolutionary thing ever, but it’s a bargain for the minifigures alone.  Only downside is Peter Pettigrew’s hair, which is the wrong color and the wrong mold.  I replaced it with dark tan tousled Luke Skywalker hair, and it looks way better, even with the dark red eyebrows.  

I REALLY want the Beauxbatons Carriage, but I’m going to wait a few months and see if it drops closer to $35 USD

51 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

One of the big draws with the robed Harry, Ron and Hermione figures was how the torso's were genderneutral and could be used for pretty much any Gryffindor student though. That's a kind of appeal other ''outside-of-Hogwarts'' characters don't have

47 minutes ago, Geertos13 said:

I'm not too afraid for Newt, they'll easily be able to find a nice variation with some usefull pieces. (Not to mention, if we get a Newt, we might get his younger version with Hufflepuff Robes, which would be sweet)

That would be sweet! Maybe we could also get a proper Pickett mold instead of that pathetic branchpiece they used in the Suitcase set, it doesn't even remotely look like a Bowtruckle!

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

One of the big draws with the robed Harry, Ron and Hermione figures was how the torso's were genderneutral and could be used for pretty much any Gryffindor student though. That's a kind of appeal other ''outside-of-Hogwarts'' characters don't have

That would be sweet! Maybe we could also get a proper Pickett mold instead of that pathetic branchpiece they used in the Suitcase set, it doesn't even remotely look like a Bowtruckle!

At a stretch, they could do Baby Groot in green

This does resemble Pickett. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=green+baby+groot+lego&safe=strict&client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&prmd=ivmn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi5-qPGpPvjAhW1VBUIHW8tCnYQ_AUoAXoECA4QAQ&biw=1024&bih=681#imgrc=obimss8iYkOraM

Edited by DeCommander96

5 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

At a stretch, they could do Baby Groot in green

That’s stretching it a ways too far I think. Baby Groot is a lot mor chunky and humanoid than a bowtruckle, plus Picket has rather big leaves on his head. It just wouldn’t work and I doubt the legalities of licensing issues would allow them to anyway. 

52 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

That’s stretching it a ways too far I think. Baby Groot is a lot mor chunky and humanoid than a bowtruckle, plus Picket has rather big leaves on his head. It just wouldn’t work and I doubt the legalities of licensing issues would allow them to anyway. 

True, but we all know Lego loves re using moulds

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Only downside is Peter Pettigrew’s hair, which is the wrong color and the wrong mold.  I replaced it with dark tan tousled Luke Skywalker hair, and it looks way better, even with the dark red eyebrows.  

I would love to see a picture of that :) 

There’s a really awesome account on instagram, called @harrypotterlegos and they have posted a picture with what Viktor krum looks like with the old 2005 head- And it is SO much better, and in my opinion actually still holds up and blends in well with the new faces

Just bought and built all of the sets. Wow they’re better in person! Really hoping we get some additional figs in the future to complete the Yule Ball. It really seems they’re planning on coming back around at some point given that Gabrielle has that sleeping double sided head..year four is just full of variants to mine

Excited to see what they do for the next movies and this potential winter wave as well. 

I hate to ask though, but does anyone know when the advent calendar goes on sale? I thought maybe it would have been this month with all of them. 

17 hours ago, Seaber said:

I put a picture in the updated minifig thread. Guyvon mentioned having issues seeing it...so maybe it’s not just him & was missed. I can see it fine, even when not logged in. 

2 hours ago, Ultron said:

Just bought and built all of the sets. Wow they’re better in person! Really hoping we get some additional figs in the future to complete the Yule Ball. It really seems they’re planning on coming back around at some point given that Gabrielle has that sleeping double sided head..year four is just full of variants to mine

Excited to see what they do for the next movies and this potential winter wave as well. 

I hate to ask though, but does anyone know when the advent calendar goes on sale? I thought maybe it would have been this month with all of them. 

Supposed to be Sept 1st I believe. Hope so, because I’m planning a trip to a store that day. 

7 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I put a picture in the updated minifig thread. Guyvon mentioned having issues seeing it...so maybe it’s not just him & was missed. I can see it fine, even when not logged in. 

Supposed to be Sept 1st I believe. Hope so, because I’m planning a trip to a store that day. 

Yeah I hope it's soon

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Yeah it's not working for me either I'm afraid. Is the photo public?

On 8/11/2019 at 9:27 AM, daniboy1997 said:

Just having a think, how awesome would it be if say we got a gringotts which incorporates the roller coaster track elements, would have huge play ability element

Honestly a dual building/vehicle set featuring a magical creature is basically quintessential Lego Harry Potter. It’s such a no brainer I think it has to happen. It’s everything this theme has to offer in one. Just would hope the bank itself would be a cool build. 

12 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Thanks. Will have to keep an eye on the site

6 hours ago, Seaber said:

Yeah it's not working for me either I'm afraid. Is the photo public?

Weird...all my pictures are public. I tried again. I think I cut the wrong stuff off last time. Hopefully it’s there now. 

So I think we can all agree the 4 confirmed 2020 sets are either based on years 5-6 or used to fill in some of the gaps in years 1-4. I'm pretty sure if we compare the prices of the sets from the  2018 and 2019 waves we can guess some of the prices and maybe take a guess at what's to come. Take in mind this is speculation!

First of all let's start by taking a look at this little overview of both waves I made, take in mind this doesn't include promotional or D2C sets! All prices are based on the amount of US Dollars as listed on Brickset.

PRICE 2018 2019 - 1 2019 - 2
15 Aragog    
20 FB carriage Expecto Patronum Graveyard
30   Horntail  
40 Quidditch Knight Bus Advent Calendar
50 Suitcase   BB carriage
60   Hagrid's Hut  
70 Whomping Willow    
80 Hogwarts Express    
90   Clock Tower  
100 Great Hall    

So judging by the previous waves we can estimate we're getting at least a ~20$ and a ~40$ set, as sets at this pricerange have been in all waves. To add to that we always get a big Hogwarts extension, which (by past wave standards) we can expect to be around ~90-100$. That leaves one set to fit within the ~50-80$ range, so let's just meet somewhat in the middle and say ~70$.

I'll list these speculated prices below, behind each price I'll write what I find most likely to come at this price from a filler or years 5-6 wave:

20$ - Troll in the Bathroom / Attack on the Quidditch World Cup ----- Grawp / The Inferi Cave

40$ - The Second Task / The Forbidden Corridor ----- Minestry of Magic battle (most likely the Veil-battle, as that part has more desirable and new characters like Tonks and Kingsley)

70$ - The Shrieking Shack / The Durmstrang Ship ----- Room of Requirement (alongside another part of the castle) / 12th Grimmauld Place

90-100$ - The Chamber of Secrets (once again alongside another part of the castle) ----- The Astronomy Tower

What do you guys think? Are these past waves an indication of what prices we can expect? What sets do you see likely at this price point? 

Once again: this is speculation, nothing said in this (rather long) ''theory'' is confirmed besides the fact we're getting at least 4 more sets!

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So I think we can all agree the 4 confirmed 2020 sets are either based on years 5-6 or used to fill in some of the gaps in years 1-4. I'm pretty sure if we compare the prices of the sets from the  2018 and 2019 waves we can guess some of the prices and maybe take a guess at what's to come. Take in mind this is speculation!

First of all let's start by taking a look at this little overview of both waves I made, take in mind this doesn't include promotional or D2C sets! All prices are based on the amount of US Dollars as listed on Brickset.

PRICE 2018 2019 - 1 2019 - 2
15 Aragog    
20 FB carriage Expecto Patronum Graveyard
30   Horntail  
40 Quidditch Knight Bus Advent Calendar
50 Suitcase   BB carriage
60   Hagrid's Hut  
70 Whomping Willow    
80 Hogwarts Express    
90   Clock Tower  
100 Great Hall    

So judging by the previous waves we can estimate we're getting at least a ~20$ and a ~40$ set, as sets at this pricerange have been in all waves. To add to that we always get a big Hogwarts extension, which (by past wave standards) we can expect to be around ~90-100$. That leaves one set to fit within the ~50-80$ range, so let's just meet somewhat in the middle and say ~70$.

I'll list these speculated prices below, behind each price I'll write what I find most likely to come at this price from a filler or years 5-6 wave:

20$ - Troll in the Bathroom / Attack on the Quidditch World Cup ----- Grawp / The Inferi Cave

40$ - The Second Task / The Forbidden Corridor ----- Minestry of Magic battle (most likely the Veil-battle, as that part has more desirable and new characters like Tonks and Kingsley)

70$ - The Shrieking Shack / The Durmstrang Ship ----- Room of Requirement (alongside another part of the castle) / 12th Grimmauld Place

90-100$ - The Chamber of Secrets (once again alongside another part of the castle) ----- The Astronomy Tower

What do you guys think? Are these past waves an indication of what prices we can expect? What sets do you see likely at this price point? 

Once again: this is speculation, nothing said in this (rather long) ''theory'' is confirmed besides the fact we're getting at least 4 more sets!

Wow! I really like your way of thinking and analyzing the information we have. I personally hope for filler sets of the first 4 movies. I think there is still a lot more cool sets to be covered.

I will i understand ofcourse if they will move on to the next films. I just hope they will "come back" to the first films. 

Or even better, when they finish all the movies, start choosing sets more like the star wars way - so there could be sets based on the 1st and 5th movie in the same wave.

Oh, and isn't this already 2020 talk?