Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

9 hours ago, Riku said:

Definetly more than one patronus on the image, the otter is sure, but also a dog (under de number 1), maybe a terrier.  And still another two bluish figures, the one on Ron's head looks like a bunny but maybe is just part of a ghost as you said.

Could be aunt Marge at Harry's head.

I see a teddy bear, I don't remember any appearing in the books or the movies.

I was excited to see Ron in herbology uniform but then I thought that they just replaced Neville's head.  I can't see Professor Sprout on any of this two book covers, so my hopes for the greenhouse are low :sceptic:

Stickerbooks don't really say what we're getting and what not. Its just an indiciation of what COULD happen

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Stickerbooks don't really say what we're getting and what not. Its just an indiciation of what COULD happen

So true! Sorry, I get excited so easily :blush: As a gardener I will love the greenhouse set with a new professor Sprout figure that looks like her!

For the moment looking at the cover seems that Luna, Ron and Hermione will have a patronus companion on the new cmf serie.

I read somewhere that more animal companions will be added to the cmf series, however I don't remember if they were talking about regular series or Wizarding World. Maybe the new patronus are from a Dumbledore's Army set, who knows. Or maybe we won't get patronus and we'll get centaurs! I'm sure it will be something cool.

A part from the hints hidden on the book covers I wanted to ask: the philosopher's stone exist as a piece? Or do you use something else?

2 hours ago, Riku said:

A part from the hints hidden on the book covers I wanted to ask: the philosopher's stone exist as a piece? Or do you use something else?

I just use a red crystal, just like lego themselves do

17 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Just saw the sticker book cover on Instagram. Really hope that otter becomes a real piece. :laugh: (the Expecto Patronum set has spoiled me, I need all the patronuses now)

How about a CMF of all patroni? :grin:

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

How about a CMF of all patroni? :grin:

That would be amazing, but as it stands right now we don’t know enough characters’ patronuses from the books to fill up a 22 minifigure series, and most of those are cut out of the movies entirely, making it unlikely Lego will do them (and I’m still salty about the giant energy pulses and the amorphous blob they turned Kingsley’s lynx into). Take out the characters who wouldn’t have a unique outfit to go with it (Snape) and those with animals that simply wouldn’t fit in the bags (Harry, Ginny and Lily) and you’ve lost some more. Theoretically, you could make up the numbers with Fantastic Beasts characters, but since JKR has stated that revealing Newt’s patronus would be a spoiler, Lego won’t have the material to work with for years. It’s much more likely that we’ll get Hermione’s, Ron’s, Luna’s and maybe Ginny’s patronuses in a DA set. 

That being said, Umbridge’s courtroom outfit is begging to be made in a cmf (that ridiculous knitted cat scarf) but that’s another scene that could be made into a set. 

Built Hagrid's Hut yesterday, another good set. The hut is a nice update, figs are good. Buckbeak & the pumpkin patch really adds to the set. Harry Potter is easily my favourite theme these days, good sets with good value for money (except maybe for the Beauxbaton carriage).

The only negative now is that with this and the clocktower I've built my favourite sets from the latest wave. Crossing my fingers for a second CMF series.

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

... and those with animals that simply wouldn’t fit in the bags (Harry, Ginny and Lily)...

They did put a whole dirtbike in this latest CMF series so anything is really possible.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

Harry Potter is easily my favourite theme these days, good sets with good value for money (except maybe for the Beauxbaton carriage).

The Beauxbatons Carriage is actually very well priced. Especially when you take all the recolors, Hagrid, the new hair/hat-mold and the horses in mind.

50 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

They did put a whole dirtbike in this latest CMF series so anything is really possible.

How do you expect them to put a horse in a CMF bag, I know pieces can be a bit bigger now because of the new bags but I don't think a horse would fit

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Beauxbatons Carriage is actually very well priced. Especially when you take all the recolors, Hagrid, the new hair/hat-mold and the horses in mind.

How do you expect them to put a horse in a CMF bag, I know pieces can be a bit bigger now because of the new bags but I don't think a horse would fit

Yeah, the mountain bike in series 19 is much smaller than a horse. I could see Lego doing centaur legs (since they’d have to be considerably smaller than the regular horse’s to scale with a minifigure torso) but if you hold up a horse to the current packaging you can see that it would be too tight a squeeze. 

40 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Maybe in the Netherlands it is well priced. In Norway they have added another 10 Euro to the price, it is not good value for money.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Yeah, the mountain bike in series 19 is much smaller than a horse. I could see Lego doing centaur legs (since they’d have to be considerably smaller than the regular horse’s to scale with a minifigure torso) but if you hold up a horse to the current packaging you can see that it would be too tight a squeeze. 

They could make a smaller horse / doe mould for a patronus. I didn't mean that they'd definitely put it in, I was only saying that the stuff in the bag and the bag itself have gotten bigger so it's a possibility to get bigger patronus'.

6 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

They could make a smaller horse / doe mould for a patronus. I didn't mean that they'd definitely put it in, I was only saying that the stuff in the bag and the bag itself have gotten bigger so it's a possibility to get bigger patronus'.

Aside from it probably not being able to fit in a bag I must also say I don't want Ginny in the next CMF. She doesn't have any outfit that couldn't be done in a normal set or made with existing pieces (like a robed version) so I'd prefer to get either a character in a more unusual outfit (like Luna's Gryffindor costume) or just a new character overall 

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Aside from it probably not being able to fit in a bag I must also say I don't want Ginny in the next CMF. She doesn't have any outfit that couldn't be done in a normal set or made with existing pieces (like a robed version) so I'd prefer to get either a character in a more unusual outfit (like Luna's Gryffindor costume) or just a new character overall 

Theoretically, you’ve got her Yule Ball dress, but fingers crossed that Lego saves that for a future advent calendar. I also wouldn’t put it past Lego to do her in Quidditch gear, like they did with Malfoy in series 1. 

I think it was Batman Series 2 CMF that came with a huge and obvious (inflatable?) dolphin, so large animal molds aren't completely out of the question. 

Personally the only Patronus I wanted was the stag, so any others are a bonus in my eyes. Even then I admit it was way down the wishlist because I thought it so unlikely, but Lego have surprised us before and will continue to do so, so who knows. 

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Theoretically, you’ve got her Yule Ball dress, but fingers crossed that Lego saves that for a future advent calendar. I also wouldn’t put it past Lego to do her in Quidditch gear, like they did with Malfoy in series 1. 

I'd hope lego will stay away from putting Yule Ball characters in the CMF series and save them for the Advent Calendars, they're a perfect fit!

As for Quidditch Ginny, I personally don't think they'd do more than 1 Quidditch figure in every CMF series. And if its only 1 figure I'd say Ron's Quidditch outfit is preferable.

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd hope lego will stay away from putting Yule Ball characters in the CMF series and save them for the Advent Calendars, they're a perfect fit!

As for Quidditch Ginny, I personally don't think they'd do more than 1 Quidditch figure in every CMF series. And if its only 1 figure I'd say Ron's Quidditch outfit is preferable.

I think I’d rather get Ginny seeing as how she wears the standard uniform, whereas Ron used the keeper uniform, of which there’s only one of in each team. However the problem is that in the newer quidditch uniforms, each player has a number and their last name at the back of the jersey, making army building impossible or inaccurate. I’d hope for another quidditch set further down the line with the new uniforms. And in a cmf to see hufflepuff and ravenclaw versions of the first uniform, with no numbers or last names.

10 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I think I’d rather get Ginny seeing as how she wears the standard uniform, whereas Ron used the keeper uniform, of which there’s only one of in each team. However the problem is that in the newer quidditch uniforms, each player has a number and their last name at the back of the jersey, making army building impossible or inaccurate. I’d hope for another quidditch set further down the line with the new uniforms. And in a cmf to see hufflepuff and ravenclaw versions of the first uniform, with no numbers or last names.

That would be great too

So realistically what are the chances of TLG making at least 1 character from the Hogwarts Mystery mobile game? It seems to be somewhat popular even if it likely appeals to a much smaller market.

I reckon they must be pretty low but you never know, they could always make a popular character in a polybag or something...

1 hour ago, Elrond said:

So realistically what are the chances of TLG making at least 1 character from the Hogwarts Mystery mobile game? It seems to be somewhat popular even if it likely appeals to a much smaller market.

I reckon they must be pretty low but you never know, they could always make a popular character in a polybag or something...

There are some characters that I think you could purist MOC pretty easily - like Ben Copper and Jae Kim. And there are some characters that I’d love to see made, like Penny Haywood or Badea Ali, just because the new hair molds would be fun. 

Realistically, the character with the best chance of making it to a polybag or even a cmf would be Charlie, since his appearance in the game is the closest thing he has to ‘canon’ as he was cut from the movies. And people who’ve only watched the movies/read the books wouldn’t care much about the game exclusive characters, but any chance to have a full Weasley siblings line up would be cause for excitement, even if they aren’t familiar with the game his appearance comes from. 

6 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

There are some characters that I think you could purist MOC pretty easily - like Ben Copper and Jae Kim. And there are some characters that I’d love to see made, like Penny Haywood or Badea Ali, just because the new hair molds would be fun. 

Realistically, the character with the best chance of making it to a polybag or even a cmf would be Charlie, since his appearance in the game is the closest thing he has to ‘canon’ as he was cut from the movies. And people who’ve only watched the movies/read the books wouldn’t care much about the game exclusive characters, but any chance to have a full Weasley siblings line up would be cause for excitement, even if they aren’t familiar with the game his appearance comes from. 

I don't think we'll ever see a set from that game but yeah a polybag could be cool. We've seen weirder things in the past and it's kind of like the Star Wars EU in a way. Also considering FB3 won't come out for another 2 years and we haven't heard much about that open world game since last year, it's one of the only active HP material at the moment.

Ben could indeed easily be made, it's too bad he's probably everyone's least favourite character lol. I could see them go for Penny or Merula. The Hufflepuff or Slytherin robes alone would be a major draw for collectors and army-builders, even if they don't know the characters or care about them. TLG will probably avoid making Badeea though as they tend to stay away from religious symbols.

Charlie would be a good choice too and he has an interesting outfit but we would still be missing 2 Weasleys: Bill and Percy, although those two could still appear in future sets.

2 hours ago, Elrond said:

Hmmm, maybe as a throwaway figure in a large Hogwarts set but I don't really see why lego would do that. Aside from the game not being part of the actual movies (which lego is clinging onto) I don't think there is very high demand. After all this game's reputation isn't great, which is one of the reasons I never even cared to install it in the first place

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hmmm, maybe as a throwaway figure in a large Hogwarts set but I don't really see why lego would do that. Aside from the game not being part of the actual movies (which lego is clinging onto) I don't think there is very high demand. After all this game's reputation isn't great, which is one of the reasons I never even cared to install it in the first place

Yeah that's the problem with free mobile games, none have good gameplay and they all rely on microtransactions. This one is no exception but it's at least playable without spending money unlike something like Gardenscapes.

I don't have high hopes at all but I'm thinking if that ever happens, a polybag is the way to go. The only other option I can think of would be one of those exclusive minifigs that accompany guide books. They could also add one in the CMF line or in a Bricktober pack but I can see why they would rather use those spots for pretty much any movie character instead.

Edited by Elrond

16 minutes ago, Elrond said:

Yeah that's the problem with free mobile games, none have good gameplay and they all rely on microtransactions. This one is no exception but it's at least playable without spending money unlike something like Gardenscapes.

I don't have high hopes at all but I'm thinking if that ever happens, a polybag is the way to go. The only other option I can think of would be one of those exclusive minifigs that accompany guide books. They could also add one in the CMF line or in a Bricktober pack but I can see why they would rather use those spots for pretty much any movie character instead.

Yeah, Hogwarts Mystery would probably go over better as a console game with more varied gameplay and without the microtransactions. The story and characters are pretty compelling in themselves after all. 

I still think Charlie has a shot at sneaking into a CMF, since it would be hard to consider a spot used for a Weasley as wasted, and most fans will recognize who he is without having played the game. 

All the characters introduced exclusively in game I don’t hold out much hope for. 

I picked up The Rise of Voldemort today and I have to say I think it's an excellent little set. I initially just wanted the figures as I originally got the first ever HP sets as a kid but was then in my dark ages when the latter waves were released so I never got characters like Wormtail. The figures themselves don't disappoint and are very movie accurate. And of course Babymort is just adorable ?. But I've just gone and rewatched the movie scene and it made me appreciate even more how much the set captures the scene. I think Lego could have gotten away with not including the Death Eater and it would still have made a good playset, but I'm glad they didn't as the set really encapsulates the whole episode with the Death Eater included. What with that and Babymort (and knowing Cedric was in the CMF) I really couldn't ask for more. Only thing is, I get the feeling they may have included the Death Eater so people pick up multiples so they can truly create the whole band of Death Eaters that came to the graveyard. Or is that just me being cynical lol? ?

47 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I picked up The Rise of Voldemort today and I have to say I think it's an excellent little set. I initially just wanted the figures as I originally got the first ever HP sets as a kid but was then in my dark ages when the latter waves were released so I never got characters like Wormtail. The figures themselves don't disappoint and are very movie accurate. And of course Babymort is just adorable ?. But I've just gone and rewatched the movie scene and it made me appreciate even more how much the set captures the scene. I think Lego could have gotten away with not including the Death Eater and it would still have made a good playset, but I'm glad they didn't as the set really encapsulates the whole episode with the Death Eater included. What with that and Babymort (and knowing Cedric was in the CMF) I really couldn't ask for more. Only thing is, I get the feeling they may have included the Death Eater so people pick up multiples so they can truly create the whole band of Death Eaters that came to the graveyard. Or is that just me being cynical lol? ?

That was most likely their intent, especially when you take in mind this Deatheater costume is only seen in this particular scene. To be honest there are plenty things in this set they could've easily left out, things like Babymort or the bone/blood/hand come to mind (Babymort is important but they would've easily gotten away with it if they didn't include him)