Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

4 hours ago, AdmiralRaddus said:

Hey guys, quick question... Which movie/school year would you say the three robed main characters from the CMF series are from? I would say GoF but Ron’s hair is slightly different.

Thanks.

They are from POA as Ron's accessory is Scabbers with his little bald patch. That being said, the hair and face do not match the main line POA Ron from this wave at all in my opinion and make him look like he's more from the Order of the Phoenix age.

26 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Forgive me for getting confused, but at this point what is speculation for the 2020 CMFs and what has been confirmed? 

We only know there are 3 CMF's coming out next year, one of those is pretty much guaranteed to be a ''normal'' series. Everything else is speculation (including the possibility of Harry Potter series 2)

Well the August sets are being spotted in the wild at Target it seems. But of course both Targets near me are sticklers for not stocking until the street date so no hope there. And Walmart doesn’t even stock lego in time, let alone early. At least August isn’t far off now

In the advent calendar is that a Hogwarts letter? Are there any other rare pieces? Like what is the printed tile and are the house tiles printed?

1 hour ago, LEGOMoony said:

In the advent calendar is that a Hogwarts letter? Are there any other rare pieces? Like what is the printed tile and are the house tiles printed?

The house tiles are indeed printed, the other printed tile ooks like Harry's Hogwarts letter but we can't really be sure untill one of us has personally seen it (the pictures are too small)

16 hours ago, AdmiralRaddus said:

Hey guys, quick question... Which movie/school year would you say the three robed main characters from the CMF series are from? I would say GoF but Ron’s hair is slightly different.

Thanks.

I would say they’re 3 and/or 4. The inclusion of the animals say Year 3, but I think the hair says Year 4. Harry & Ron had the longer, wilder hair that year. 

1 hour ago, m0repotter said:

What toy store?

I live in Mexico so I don't think it matters ?

7 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I live in Mexico so I don't think it matters ?

It matters to you!  Good find!  :classic:

16 hours ago, LEGOMoony said:

Yes, it’s a Hogwarts letter for sure, printed on a 2x3 tile.  There are hi-res pictures out there.  :thumbup:

So apparently the first CMF series in January 2020 will be a DC series. I really hope the one after it is HP. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t get HP series 2 in 2020

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

So apparently the first CMF series in January 2020 will be a DC series.

DC?! *huh* I did not think Lego had the license to do that :sceptic:

31 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they delayed the second CMF series to August 2021 to coincide with the Fantastic Beasts movie. 

That would definitely suck. Although if we get series two in 2020, I would almost expect a series 3 by then. Either way, I really hope we find out soon if we’re getting series 2 next year. I just want to know either way

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they delayed the second CMF series to August 2021 to coincide with the Fantastic Beasts movie. 

But on the other hand you could also argue it wouldn't really matter as Harry Potter has proven to sell much better than Fantastic Beasts. And they don't have to wait for Fantastic Beasts 3 character designs anyway as the FB figures that would possibly come in HP S2 would be based on CoG

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

But on the other hand you could also argue it wouldn't really matter as Harry Potter has proven to sell much better than Fantastic Beasts. And they don't have to wait for Fantastic Beasts 3 character designs anyway as the FB figures that would possibly come in HP S2 would be based on CoG

Exactly. Harry Potter doesn’t need a new Fantastic Beasts movie to sell, and with statistics on this year’s sales starting to come in Lego will likely have proof of that very soon too. We’re getting an advent calendar this year for goodness sakes, Lego can make a series 2 cmf whenever they want and it will be a hit. 

Looks like Johnny Depp is officially returning for Fantastic Beasts 3. Would've been really stupid if WB recast him, he was one of the few really good things about CoG

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looks like Johnny Depp is officially returning for Fantastic Beasts 3. Would've been really stupid if WB recast him, he was one of the few really good things about CoG

We’ll have to agree to disagree, but thanks for the heads up.  

Personally, I don’t really care whether the next CMF comes out in 2020 or 2021, as long as we get really good sets next year, which I’m sure we will!

And re: DC Collectible Minifigures, I’m not surprised at all; I firmly believe we’ll get Marvel and Star Wars by 2025.  It’s up to the franchises/studios, not the action figure companies, and LEGO keeps getting bigger and bigger as a brand.  

I don't see why there would be an issue with a DC CMF, we had two series of the Lego Batman Movie after all, and Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts are a Warner Bros lisence as well. Marvel or Star Wars would be more suprising, but they'll probably happen eventually too.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I completely agree with all of this. Hopefully we’ll get an accurate Grindelwald at some point. If the CMF version wasn’t very accurate. He needs the white blond color instead of just plain white and he really needs a new hair piece

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

31 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I completely agree with all of this. Hopefully we’ll get an accurate Grindelwald at some point. If the CMF version wasn’t very accurate. He needs the white blond color instead of just plain white and he really needs a new hair piece

Who knows maybe next CMF will have him with that skull hookah he uses for divination 

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Who knows maybe next CMF will have him with that skull hookah he uses for divination 

I think that skull hookah would work better as an accesory to Vinda Rosier, as she carries it around all the time