Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

4 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Theres only one more CMF this year, and that the “regular” series. However if the PST few years are the pattern for the future, then we have 2 licensed themes next year. However we don’t have any Lego movies coming out, so HP is definitely a possibility 

Especially given the success of series 1, I think it’s a pretty high possibility, but so far it’s only speculation. My money would be on yes though.

19 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Theres only one more CMF this year, and that the “regular” series. However if the PST few years are the pattern for the future, then we have 2 licensed themes next year. However we don’t have any Lego movies coming out, so HP is definitely a possibility 

Sorry, meant to type next year. Massive mistake. Still skeptical on the leak though.

12 hours ago, Whovastron said:

next years CMF have been rumoured to be series 20, Harry potter (which is highly likely) and a 3rd Disney CMF. I would question the latter but the only other licensed theme i can see having a CMF series next year is the new Trolls/Minions

3 hours ago, daniboy1997 said:

next years CMF have been rumoured to be series 20, Harry potter (which is highly likely) and a 3rd Disney CMF. I would question the latter but the only other licensed theme i can see having a CMF series next year is the new Trolls/Minions

Those are just guesses, there are no rumors for next years' CMF series besides the fact we're getting 3. Besides that, it's way too soon for Disney 3

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Those are just guesses, there are no rumors for next years' CMF series besides the fact we're getting 3. Besides that, it's way too soon for Disney 3

The Disney rumor came from a leaker that has gotten a lot right in the past. Although I expect a Harry Potter line soon, the vague post and lack of credibility leads me to believe that was just a HP fan account making speculations.

Proper clear pictures of all the advent calendars and their contents have leaked on Instagram. For anyone who wants to be spoiled. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Proper clear pictures of all the advent calendars and their contents have leaked on Instagram. For anyone who wants to be spoiled. 

They haven't been leaked, lego officially revealed them

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

They haven't been leaked, lego officially revealed them

Really? I knew they were official pictures but they aren’t on the US site or social media so I figured it was one of those cases of another retailer releasing them before the official Lego announcement. 

I put the Clock tower and great hall together and they look huge and amazing!! I re arranged the sections though, and it looks much better than LEGO's recommended playset. Now I really want to buy the whomping willow and get creative arranging the other sections! 

fyi, the lego cmf 19 leaked. there's a youtube of the picture list if you can't find the photo leak of it.

So definitely not another HP cmf this year as hinted by someone

10 minutes ago, illian420 said:

So definitely not another HP cmf this year as hinted by someone

I kinda feel bad for my grammar mistake effecting the validity of this rumor... the hint was for next year, I repeated it here at 3AM and typed "this year". So yes it's definitely not happening next year, but the actual rumor still may be true.

7 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I kinda feel bad for my grammar mistake effecting the validity of this rumor... the hint was for next year, I repeated it here at 3AM and typed "this year". So yes it's definitely not happening next year, but the actual rumor still may be true.

No worries!  You edited it pretty clearly.   :classic:   

And next year or later, LEGO would have to be mad not to release another CMF (even though I personally would just prefer extra sets; I’ve never been a fan of the blind bag)

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

No worries!  You edited it pretty clearly.   :classic:   

And next year or later, LEGO would have to be mad not to release another CMF (even though I personally would just prefer extra sets; I’ve never been a fan of the blind bag)

I would prefer sets too, but the good thing about the CMF is that they get their own budget, so they have more detail, and they also give us a chance for characters and variants that are more unlikely to appear in sets. Ideally I’d love tons of sets AND a CMF series. The more minifigs the better. Any form that takes is fine with me (aside from regional exclusives).

I really want another CMF series. I don’t really have any specific characters I want to see represented. I had so much fun last year searching for the series, and I ended up getting all the Harry Potter based characters.

Sorry if I missed something, but: Is this the wishlist thread now that the 2020 thread has been closed?

I hope the next CMF series really covers the rest of the important PS and CoS characters, maybe delving into PoA if there’s room.  I doubt this will happen, but you never know, given that the Advent Calendar and the Build Your Own is Adventure book were totally PS-inspired.   

It looks like they’re doing some regional exclusive figures in series 19 of the CMFs. If they do that with the next HP series I will be very upset. Even if they become widely available after six months, it will be a massive pain to track them down, never knowing which stores will have cases with the newer figures.

Side note: Has anyone found any of the August HP sets yet? I know some August sets have been found floating around some stores but I haven’t heard of any HP sets yet

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

5 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I personally really love CMF's. Sometimes it can be a pain to track them all down, but we get a lot of newer pieces and colours aswell as dual moulding in CMF's. The last CMF for HP even introduced a whole new leg piece! Plus, it's a great way to cheaply harvest parts for other HP customs.

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It looks like they’re doing some regional exclusive figures in series 19 of the CMFs. If they do that with the next HP series I will be very upset. Even if they become widely available after six months, it will be a massive pain to track them down, never knowing which stores will have cases with the newer figures.

Side note: Has anyone found any of the August HP sets yet? I know some August sets have been found floating around some stores but I haven’t heard of any HP sets yet

I've seen an instagram post about someone getting them at a ToysRUs in Canada, and the LEGOLAND stores seem to have them already as well. 

4 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

I've seen an instagram post about someone getting them at a ToysRUs in Canada, and the LEGOLAND stores seem to have them already as well. 

Does this include LEGOLAND Discovery Centers?

Hey guys, quick question... Which movie/school year would you say the three robed main characters from the CMF series are from? I would say GoF but Ron’s hair is slightly different.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Geertos13 said:

That I do not know...

Thanks for letting me know right away!!  :classic:

1 hour ago, AdmiralRaddus said:

Hey guys, quick question... Which movie/school year would you say the three robed main characters from the CMF series are from? I would say GoF but Ron’s hair is slightly different.

Thanks.

Definitely Prisoner of Azkaban, IMO. Ron’s hair matches perfectly, not to mention the fact that he has the balding Scabbers and Hermione has that terrible Crookshanks figure.  :grin:

By the way, has anyone else thought that if this theme were really accurate to the movies, Harry’s minifigure would have Daniel Radcliffe’s dark brown hair?   I’m glad he doesn’t, though; the jet-black hair is too iconic!

Yesterday i bought the graveyard set for 15 Euros at my local dealer...

It's a really nice set. I think i will buy it for a second time..

15 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

By the way, has anyone else thought that if this theme were really accurate to the movies, Harry’s minifigure would have Daniel Radcliffe’s dark brown hair?   I’m glad he doesn’t, though; the jet-black hair is too iconic!

The current dark brown color is not dark enough for Harry's movie-hair, as its pretty much on the edge of being dark brown or black. But seen as how the books have always described Harry's hair as black I'm very happy with the haircolor they chose