Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

On 6/13/2019 at 2:26 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s kinda cool to hear that the advent calendar was requested and designed so late because of how well these sets preformed in 2018 

Yes, this is another prof for how well the sets actually are selling, like some of us has thought for a while :grin_wub:

The calendar looks great and perfect a lot of the builds can be used directly in sets! Personally I would have liked some students we still do not have instead of duplicates of teachers.. On the other hand I understand why they include more famous characters.. It was a pity Mcgonagall did not have a dress piece, but probably due to time limits. Next years will be even better :tongue:

On 6/10/2019 at 1:21 PM, The Pearson said:

You should be able to zoom in and check it out. The only issue I’ve found is that it makes the roof panel loose if you move the castle around too much (I just moved it when the pic was taken and didn’t notice that) Just sitting there, it will stay in place though.

I love your castle mod, thank you, I noticed you added an extra floor that makes it better in regards to proportions, the main tower feels small though, but I managed to buy the bricks from bricks and pieces thanks to your ideas it is exactly what I was looking for!

On 6/10/2019 at 3:31 PM, The Pearson said:

I Bricklinked several dark tan BURPs like the USC castle uses and filled in the gaps and holes and added detail from my own collection.

If you are interested you can read the manual of the huge castle and see how they build the base and pick up the pieces from LEGO themselves while still in stock!

quick question, I noticed the banquet hall rear also has technic pegs bricks along with the new 75948 astronomy tower add on, is it possible for them to expand backwards. What else can they possibly add to hogwarts as a whole?

Edited by eldiano

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Next years will be even better :tongue:

The fact that you’re almost certainly right about this is rather exciting. Because the longer the theme goes on, the more characters they’ll have to pull from for the calendar (notably, the only possible new face print this year is Flitwick, which is probably why we have so many new torsos) Since this year’s calendar is almost completely based off the first movie I wonder if they’ll pull from Chamber of Secrets polyjuice scene (Harry/Goyle, Ron/Crabbe and Draco are pretty easy, Percy would be an interesting exclusive character for completion’s sake - the only tricky thing is that cat Hermione definitely needs a different hair piece than the current cat eared one available) for next year’s? Or maybe take advantage of the existing Yule Ball figs and have the trio in their dress robes as the repeats with the Patil twins and spoorn Moody or Neville+Ginny as the new exclusives?

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

The fact that you’re almost certainly right about this is rather exciting. Because the longer the theme goes on, the more characters they’ll have to pull from for the calendar (notably, the only possible new face print this year is Flitwick, which is probably why we have so many new torsos) Since this year’s calendar is almost completely based off the first movie I wonder if they’ll pull from Chamber of Secrets polyjuice scene (Harry/Goyle, Ron/Crabbe and Draco are pretty easy, Percy would be an interesting exclusive character for completion’s sake - the only tricky thing is that cat Hermione definitely needs a different hair piece than the current cat eared one available) for next year’s? Or maybe take advantage of the existing Yule Ball figs and have the trio in their dress robes as the repeats with the Patil twins and spoorn Moody or Neville+Ginny as the new exclusives?

I agree, missing Yule Ball variants would be perfect for these calendars. Doing maybe one or two new Yule Ball variants per year in the calendar would be a great way of keeping us all interested. It’s definitely a lot more enticing than a character dressed up as Santa for no reason

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree, missing Yule Ball variants would be perfect for these calendars. Doing maybe one or two new Yule Ball variants per year in the calendar would be a great way of keeping us all interested. It’s definitely a lot more enticing than a character dressed up as Santa for no reason

When you think about it, only 3 out of the 7 minifigures are actually Christmas themed, even though 2 of the remaining 4 have new elements as well. You could easily draw out the missing Yule Ball characters for years if you compliment them with standard variations that already exist or preexisting Yule Ball variants. Still hoping they temper that with selections based of the 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7th movies as well. 

8 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

When you think about it, only 3 out of the 7 minifigures are actually Christmas themed, even though 2 of the remaining 4 have new elements as well. You could easily draw out the missing Yule Ball characters for years if you compliment them with standard variations that already exist or preexisting Yule Ball variants. Still hoping they temper that with selections based of the 2nd, 5th, 6th and 7th movies as well. 

Agreed, and they could also do variants from Slughorn’s party, I would really like that as well

4 hours ago, eldiano said:

What else can they possibly add to hogwarts as a whole?

There is still a lot of things they could give us. When talking about structures the most significant ones we're still missing are the Astronomy Tower, Greenhouses and the Owlery.

But they could always give us random castle sections with some of the many interior spaces we're missing like the Chamber of Secrets, Girl's bathroom, House common rooms/dormitories, Umbridge's office, McGonagall's office, Slughorn's office, Divination (Trelawney and Firenze's classrooms), Transfiguration, History of Magic, the Library, Room of Requirement (both DA and "garbage'' versions) and many more.

Besides that by the time lego is done with most buildings it's already okay for them to rerelease some structures like the GH so this theme has the potential for a very long lifetime

23 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There is still a lot of things they could give us. When talking about structures the most significant ones we're still missing are the Astronomy Tower, Greenhouses and the Owlery.

But they could always give us random castle sections with some of the many interior spaces we're missing like the Chamber of Secrets, Girl's bathroom, House common rooms/dormitories, Umbridge's office, McGonagall's office, Slughorn's office, Divination (Trelawney and Firenze's classrooms), Transfiguration, History of Magic, the Library, Room of Requirement (both DA and "garbage'' versions) and many more.

Besides that by the time lego is done with most buildings it's already okay for them to rerelease some structures like the GH so this theme has the potential for a very long lifetime

I definitely don’t see this theme going anywhere anytime soon. The whole “limited availability” thing must be nothing because the calendar proves that this theme has serious future potential and probably has a long life. It’s the only licensed theme other than Star Wars to get an advent calendar. That is very significant.

But Also - it took Lego Star Wars, what, 11 years to get an advent calendar ? And whilst you could argue that Harry Potter has been going since 2001 I’m counting this as a reboot, so actually only took HP 2 years ???

16 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I definitely don’t see this theme going anywhere anytime soon. The whole “limited availability” thing must be nothing because the calendar proves that this theme has serious future potential and probably has a long life. It’s the only licensed theme other than Star Wars to get an advent calendar. That is very significant.

I think the Limited Availability is a typo, meant to refer only to the Great Hall and Whomping Willow, which are advertised in the current instructions, but which will probably not be available as long as the new Clock Tower.  

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

I think the Limited Availability is a typo, meant to refer only to the Great Hall and Whomping Willow, which are advertised in the current instructions, but which will probably not be available as long as the new Clock Tower.  

You’re probably right about that

Received email from Barnes and Noble this morning...

In the USA, they are advertising Triwizard Challenge, Buckbeak's Rescue, Clock Tower, and Knight Bus as B&N Exclusives from July 1-31.

1 hour ago, scatmanjack said:

Received email from Barnes and Noble this morning...

In the USA, they are advertising Triwizard Challenge, Buckbeak's Rescue, Clock Tower, and Knight Bus as B&N Exclusives from July 1-31.

Weird, what Barnes and Noble mailing list are you on? I get their emails regularly but I haven’t got that one yet. 

In any case, this seems to mesh with what we already knew, except for perhaps the absence of the Expecto Patronum set from this list. 

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lego-harry-potter-cala-spinner/1131043854?ean=9781338579116

Harry is getting his first Lego Reader and another little activity book. My son will go nuts for this.

Overview

Learn all about the Hogwarts Express and key moments that took place there (like when Harry met Ron and Hermione!) in this laugh-out-loud funny LEGO Harry Potter reader. It's the first Harry Potter reader EVER! Includes a sheet of stickers.

When Harry Potter first arrives at King's Cross Station, he's very confused! His ticket says that he is supposed to take the Hogwarts Express at platform nine and three-quarters, but there doesn't seem to be any such thing. Thankfully, Harry meets Ron Weasley, and the rest is history!

Learn all about the Hogwarts Express and relive key moments that took place there, from meeting the Trolley Witch to encountering a Dementor for the first time. This laugh-out-loud funny reader is sure to delight the youngest Harry Potter fans and LEGO collectors alike. Includes a sheet of stickers!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Complete tons of fun LEGO Harry Potter activities in amazing Search and Find. Includes a Professor Snape minifigure!

Join Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and all your favorite Hogwarts students as you complete activities and navigate your way through the winding staircases of Hogwarts castle and beyond! This activity book includes various mazes, word searches, and search and finds. It's perfect for every LEGO Harry Potter fan! Includes a Professor Snape minifigure.

Just realized the other activity book includes Snape! No image yet.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lego-harry-potter-ameet-studio/1131793956?ean=9781338581898

Edited by illian420

4 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I was in several toy shops last week and they all had the new wave of sets, but the bigger sets from last year where sold out in every shop. One of the shops even had the D2C on display, but they had sold every copy of the set *huh* So if only the biggest shops and web-stores have them they are in a way limited availability :wink:

In UK the last 12 months sale of HP toys from all brands, 6 of the top 10 spots are Lego sets *huh* That is crazy since every 5 minutes a HP toy is sold in the UK :wacko:
https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-sets-dominate-the-best-selling-harry-potter-toys/

Edited by Roebuck

So the Harry Potter sets are up on the Barnes and Noble website, as well as a special page advertising the promo, and it looks like they really only have the 4 sets, no Expecto Patronum. 

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

So the Harry Potter sets are up on the Barnes and Noble website, as well as a special page advertising the promo, and it looks like they really only have the 4 sets, no Expecto Patronum. 

The lack of Expecto Patronum is extremely worrying

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Actually it’s nothing to worry about because it is listed as coming July 1st with the rest on Legoshop

Yeah, it’s just not on the B&N website. I wonder if it’s going to be a temporary retailer exclusive like the Quidditch/Hogwarts Express sets were last year. 

Just visited Intertoys in the city centre of The Hague, and they have the new sets, for fellow Dutchmen who want to know.
The ones I saw were (not official names, but you get them, right?) :

Hagrid's Hut
Clocktower
Triwizard First Task
Expecto Patronum

Those are all the new expected ones, yes?

Regards,
Mitch

5 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Hagrid's Hut
Clocktower
Triwizard First Task
Expecto Patronum

This is all of the new sets except for the Knight Bus. Then there will also be two more sets released in August - Graveyard Duel and Beauxbaton Carriage.

Oh, right, the Knight Bus!
Yeah, that one was missing at Intertoys, then...

Thanks for the info :classic:

Regards,
Mitch

7 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Just visited Intertoys in the city centre of The Hague, and they have the new sets, for fellow Dutchmen who want to know.
The ones I saw were (not official names, but you get them, right?) :

Hagrid's Hut
Clocktower
Triwizard First Task
Expecto Patronum

Regards,
Mitch

I never go to Intertoys, first of all my local store closed recently and their lego is sometimes even pricier than at lego themselves. Also, in most Dutch stores the sets have been out since May 31st so I guess they are late again (wouldn't be the first time!)

I've spent the last few weeks preparing for the US release by MODing the Clock Tower on Studio (gutting most of the interior, adding the iconic pendulum and linking it into the gear system, fixing some proportions). 

It's pretty extensive, ordering the parts on Bricklink cost me ~$50. I'll post the file after I can get my hands on the set. I'd like to make sure it all works and that I'm happy with how it looks in the flesh before putting it out here.

Edited by montyofmusic