Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

44 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Behold, Baby Voldy in all its glory:

:purrr:

Aw yeah look at that ugly little bastard - all I ever really wanted from a recreation of this scene :sweet:

So the City summer space sets have returned to the US S@H website (Coming Soon - June 23rd), but still no sign of the Harry Potter sets. Honestly, at this point I don’t even care that much if they come out in 2 days or 2 months, I just want Lego to actually give us a confirmed date like they have with all the other summer sets. It’s the lack of official information that’s grating at this point. 

1 hour ago, m0repotter said:

Has anyone ever used thehut.com to purchase sets? They have all the new HP wave on their site with US delivery but I’ve seen some bad reviews so just wondering if anyone here has used it?

I believe the hut is the parent company of a Web store over here called I want one of those! I have used them many times and have been excellent! 

9 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

So the City summer space sets have returned to the US S@H website (Coming Soon - June 23rd), but still no sign of the Harry Potter sets. Honestly, at this point I don’t even care that much if they come out in 2 days or 2 months, I just want Lego to actually give us a confirmed date like they have with all the other summer sets. It’s the lack of official information that’s grating at this point. 

Falconfan said on IG that the HP sets are coming out on July 1st in the US at Barnes and Noble and Target

28 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Falconfan said on IG that the HP sets are coming out on July 1st in the US at Barnes and Noble and Target

Hmmm... I presume the Lego store will have the sets at the same time as the retailer exclusive release. Nonetheless, I’d still prefer to hear these things through official sources as opposed to Lego just stringing us along. 

So when are these sets releasing?! For the longest time I’ve been hearing June 1st, and counting down the days until then. Now I’m hearing July 1st?!? Wtf?!? But I’m also reading all over the place people are finding them and reviews are popping up! I mean honestly right now I’ve got nothing else to even live for, and now we have to wait another month? Frick

Just now, Cas Akosha said:

So when are these sets releasing?! For the longest time I’ve been hearing June 1st, and counting down the days until then. Now I’m hearing July 1st?!? Wtf?!? But I’m also reading all over the place people are finding them and reviews are popping up! I mean honestly right now I’ve got nothing else to even live for, and now we have to wait another month? Frick

They release July 1st in the US June 1st everywhere else iirc

10 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

They release July 1st in the US June 1st everywhere else iirc

What the hell LEGO? Why do they suddenly have us lol

What the hell LEGO? Why do they suddenly have us lol

I think it’s more to do with production rates than anyone hating you ?

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I think it’s more to do with production rates than anyone hating you ?

I know, I know, but it’s upsetting to me that it isn’t coming out when I thought. Plus US normally gets the sets first or at the same time, what changed? And honestly why not try to release it everywhere at once? I mean the exact date things arrive at stores would vary but if they shipped out on the 1st of June we’d get it before July 1st for sure. :( now I have an entire month I don’t know what to do with 

I know, I know, but it’s upsetting to me that it isn’t coming out when I thought. Plus US normally gets the sets first or at the same time, what changed? And honestly why not try to release it everywhere at once? I mean the exact date things arrive at stores would vary but if they shipped out on the 1st of June we’d get it before July 1st for sure. :( now I have an entire month I don’t know what to do with 

I don’t really think anything changed, they just decided to give the US the sets later rather than another country, I think it’s released separately due to how much they can push out at once, they know it’s a popular theme so they don’t want people to be disappointed by them being available to be purchased but not being in stock rather them be disappointed because they’re available to be purchased in later months, I don’t think it’s anything too much of a big deal, but I can understand the frustration, I think there are a few ways you could kill time in the coming months, read the books, watch the films ?

Wow, they really went out all out with these sets to try and fit so much in! That graveyard scene is DARK - never would I have expected so much stuff like the old design DE and baby Voldy in its set. Amazing! Gonna be so annoyed if this theme ends here. 

So July is the US release? Part of me is glad we’re getting these sets sooner now, but the other half of me is bothered because it gives me less time to save up.

Am I the only one who thinks baby Voldemort looks kind of pathetic? Like I know we shouldn’t expect too much but Idk the crosshatching on the “cloth” really rubs me the wrong way/ makes it look kind of like a blackened loaf of bread or something lol 

I’m fine with a July 1st release date, it’s much better than August (as was rumored) and it makes it exactly one year since last year’s wave was released in the US so it’s cool with me. Waiting one extra month is much better than waiting two

Hahaha Babymort looks great!

The other baby mold didn't make sense for this. This mold was the only option as it fits perfectly

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

To be honest, I actually kind of like Target, but I’m upset and surprised  that TLG is continuing to do these special “deals” with big corporate retailers, especially after the chaos of the initial product launch (last July at Target) and Bricktober (Barnes and Noble).  

What’d’you guys want to bet that the Rise of Voldemort and the Beauxbatons Carriage will be available in the US in July as well, just to compound the annoyance and confusion of all AFOLs this year?  :tongue:

10 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

To be honest, I actually kind of like Target, but I’m upset and surprised  that TLG is continuing to do these special “deals” with big corporate retailers, especially after the chaos of the initial product launch (last July at Target) and Bricktober (Barnes and Noble).  

To be fair, from what I know the July release and bricktober pack were handled poorly last year because Toys R Us went bankrupt and Lego was apparently scrambling to redistribute the various retailer exclusives they would normally have gotten. 

That being said the current silence on the US release isn’t making me feel much better about this year. 

This is the best piece I have ever seen.

Also, I suppose this makes the first "drop an infant into a pot" play feature Lego has ever done!

Edited by BaneShake

34 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

This is the best piece I have ever seen.

Also, I suppose this makes the first "drop an infant into a pot" play feature Lego has ever done!

Well Babymort is like 70 years old in that scene.