Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

If you live near a Smyths in Germany, you can currently get a 20% discount on one Lego Harry Potter set of your choice, new or old (even on the 6000 piece Hogwarts).

2 hours ago, Besters_Brick said:

Altough baby Voldemort turned out to be pretty cool, I would like to see a new mold...

No need to make a new mold for such an a very minor thing, it's only on screen for maybe 30 seconds

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

No need to make a new mold for such an a very minor thing, it's only on screen for maybe 30 seconds

But it lives on in our hearts... Wait what am I even saying :laugh:

I hope it gets revealed soon, along with the calendar minifigs :sweet:

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wait baby voldy is going to be in the grave yard set?

5 hours ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

What LEGOLAND Discovery Center? The one in New York?

Pretty sure TheGlynReaper is referring to one in England.  I wouldn’t complain if they showed up early in Chicago, though!  :wink:

Already available at some Kmart stores in Victoria, Australia. If you want some of them cheaper and don’t mind waiting a few days, I’ve found MightyApe to be excellent when I’ve shopped with them in the past. 

8 hours ago, legogoblin2099 said:

Wait baby voldy is going to be in the grave yard set?

It is.

I wish some of the sites present on the fan media days last week could publish there interviews with the HP/WW designers soon :hmpf:

The more I look at it, the less I like the hair piece they chose for Hermione's Yule Ball outfit. I actually like their solution for the legs but I think the hair piece looks way too big. It makes her head look huge. And then it is has that hole in it because the CMF queen wore a crown ... meh.

Does anyone have an alternate suggestion?

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I wish some of the sites present on the fan media days last week could publish there interviews with the HP/WW designers soon :hmpf:

I know right?

The new sets are available at various discount from 10-20% off in New Zealand but we're coming up to a public holiday this weekend so its good timing I guess.

So I'm now dusting off my entire Hogwarts display (which is a huge pain in the megablocks). Do you guys have any suggestions/tips to keep dust to a minimal?

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Do you guys have any suggestions/tips to keep dust to a minimal?

Never open the windows, keep the door shut and for the love of all that is holy, don‘t have any carpets, beds or pets in the same room :oh3: In other words: you need a room dedicated to your collection, if possible. Trust me, I learned that the hard way :tongue: Since I‘ve moved out from my parents‘ place almost a year ago (where I kept my collection in a room I shared with my brother), the difference has been night and day. Of course it still gets dusty, but the amount of dust that has collected in the last year is roughly the same that before accumulated in less than a month :grin:

Edit: and use display cabinets rather than shelves, that helps too :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Do you guys have any suggestions/tips to keep dust to a minimal?

Get a closed display cabinet with glass doors, I got my entire Nexo Knights collection into one.

And for dusting I bought an extension for vacuum cleaner, which looks like a short garden hose, with some attachments, including a some tubes with a 1 and 2cm brush, works wonders to clean studded areas without needing a cloth, and it won't just move/blow the dust off, but actually remove it from the room into the vacuum cleaner.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, Mariella said:

The more I look at it, the less I like the hair piece they chose for Hermione's Yule Ball outfit. I actually like their solution for the legs but I think the hair piece looks way too big. It makes her head look huge. And then it is has that hole in it because the CMF queen wore a crown ... meh.

Does anyone have an alternate suggestion?

Really wish Lego recolored Elsa’s hairpiece in brown.

3 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Really wish Lego recolored Elsa’s hairpiece in brown.

Yeah that sounds like a better option. A big piece, too, but not as wide I think.

Has anyone ever used thehut.com to purchase sets? They have all the new HP wave on their site with US delivery but I’ve seen some bad reviews so just wondering if anyone here has used it?

14 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Pretty sure TheGlynReaper is referring to one in England.  I wouldn’t complain if they showed up early in Chicago, though!  :wink:

yes sorry my bad I should have mentioned I live in England and its the LEGOLAND discovery centre Manchester I was referring too

44 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Behold, Baby Voldy in all its glory:

:purrr:

I can't explain how much this delights me. Hahaha.