Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

43 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

This rebooted Harry Potter theme to me is amazing- there are sets within sets in my opinion, I’ve displayed the whomping willow separately with Lupin, Sirius, snape and harry third year, it acts like an entirely different set, I’ve displayed the clock tower with harry third year, Hermione third year, ron third year, a couple dementors, Lupin, trelawny, Gambon dumbledore. It acts as an entirely different set. I’ve put the flying car with both the Hogwarts Express and the Aragog in the dark forest- you can essentially mix and match figures and sections of builds to make your own sets of different scenes from different movies and essentially youre getting 20+ sets rather than the 12 you’d have other wise and I think that’s fantastic. Idk that’s just how I feel

I get what you mean. The builds are so universal they work for any book/movie and scene. I currently have a book 3/4 display going on. This is hands down the best Harry Potter has been and it has solidified itself as probably my favorite theme of all time.

1 hour ago, Henry Bricklider said:

I get what you mean. The builds are so universal they work for any book/movie and scene. I currently have a book 3/4 display going on. This is hands down the best Harry Potter has been and it has solidified itself as probably my favorite theme of all time.

Definitely- I do think that once this theme is inevitably retired, be it next year or in 5 years, the HP theme won’t come back again, so this is definitely the definitive versions of the these sets and Minifigures and so Collecting all the system sets is really important to me.

2 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Definitely- I do think that once this theme is inevitably retired, be it next year or in 5 years, the HP theme won’t come back again, so this is definitely the definitive versions of the these sets and Minifigures and so Collecting all the system sets is really important to me.

Yeah I've started collecting multiples of the sets for that reason. I'm afraid of pieces becoming scarce and my want to build new things growing haha

4 hours ago, Legoniche said:

HP theme won’t come back again.

Until WB remakes the movies (possibly into TV) in 20-30 years.

Just now, dimaks13 said:

Baby Voldemort uses the mold from tribal woman CMF.

LOL

Just now, Alegrispa said:

Until WB remakes the movies (possibly into TV) in 20-30 years.

I mean, hopefully they wait that long. The Fantastic Beasts movies should give them some mileage, and hopefully when it comes to tv series they’ll go for a Marauders prequel before remaking the originals (not that I wouldn’t be interested in a remake of the originals in a format that would allow them to tackle things like SPEW and such, but at least wait until special effects technology has advanced enough so that the movie will have a different feel). 

2 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Baby Voldemort uses the mold from tribal woman CMF.

Considering he remains hidden in blankets for most of the scene it does make sense (and kinda lets them get around the fact that he’s naked)

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Ha, called it! :excited:

Not trying to be offensive or anything but there wasn't much to ''call'', if they were to give us Baby Voldy this is the only existing piece that'd make sense

9 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

How do you know

Falconfan posted it on Instagram (info, not a picture)

9 hours ago, Henry Bricklider said:

I've got all the Fantastic Beasts sets too, including the Dimensions story pack. I use them as is or adapt them to improve the Harry Potter sets. I've created builds that Lego haven't yet got around to. It's so much cheaper than going through Bricklink or Pick a Brick. I just sell or give away the duplicate minifigs.  

33 minutes ago, Bricking_it said:

I've got all the Fantastic Beasts sets too, including the Dimensions story pack. I use them as is or adapt them to improve the Harry Potter sets. I've created builds that Lego haven't yet got around to. It's so much cheaper than going through Bricklink or Pick a Brick. I just sell or give away the duplicate minifigs.  

Nice, what have you built? Grindlewald’s escape is great to use the build as Hogwarts Carriages 

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Falconfan posted it on Instagram (info, not a picture)

I have actually seen it.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not trying to be offensive or anything but there wasn't much to ''call'', if they were to give us Baby Voldy this is the only existing piece that'd make sense

Y’all were talking about the other baby mould, so there was something to call :tongue:

What makes people think the Harry Potter theme is almost done? We've only heard good things about the amount of units it's sold, it's won awards, it could easily do another wave on films 1-2 and 3-4 again so Lego are not short of material. 

I may be slightly jaded from some Star Wars fans opinions of their theme, as that is the only other theme I collect, but HP fans on the whole seem to be delighted with what we have got so far for this theme, Hungarian Horntail aside of course :D

Privet Drive, Diagon Alley, Philosopher's Stone Chambers, The Burrow, Herbology, Slytherin Common Room, Chamber of Secrets, Divination, Hogsmeade, Durmstrang Ship, Second Task - there is easily enough material for a second wave. 

16 minutes ago, Seaber said:

What makes people think the Harry Potter theme is almost done? We've only heard good things about the amount of units it's sold, it's won awards, it could easily do another wave on films 1-2 and 3-4 again so Lego are not short of material. 

I may be slightly jaded from some Star Wars fans opinions of their theme, as that is the only other theme I collect, but HP fans on the whole seem to be delighted with what we have got so far for this theme, Hungarian Horntail aside of course :D

Privet Drive, Diagon Alley, Philosopher's Stone Chambers, The Burrow, Herbology, Slytherin Common Room, Chamber of Secrets, Divination, Hogsmeade, Durmstrang Ship, Second Task - there is easily enough material for a second wave. 

I agree, but then again, why did Lego stop making the theme in 2011, pretty much ignoring the last movies? I can't imagine Harry Potter Lego didn't sell well back then. 

2 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I think we can all agree that even if they never come back to fill in those gaps there’s still at least another two years worth of sets, and you’re right, the sales figures that we’v heard of would suggest that we should be optimistic about the theme continuing even further. 

The thing is I think most of us were around for the first version of the Harry Potter theme, or at least those who weren’t can look back and see what happened. The first three films had plenty of tie in sets, loads of characters and locations at all different sizes and price points. Then Goblet of Fire came along, and we got only four sets, and several fan favorite characters weren’t featured despite having major roles (that’s why we were so excited to see Cedric in the cmf last year and Fleur in the sets this year). All we got for Order of the Phoenix was a single castle set, with Umbridge as the only new character (despite how much of a fan favorite Luna is). Then the theme just went dead for several years, with no new sets coming out for the 6th or 7th movies. The 2010-11 waves were exciting for those of us who’d almost given up on any more Harry Potter Lego, and it felt a lot like a reboot given the number of remakes there were. Then the theme was canceled after just a wave and a half of sets, with them only barely touching on Half Blood Prince and only two sets from Deathly Hallows part 2. There were never any sets made based off the first Deathly Hallows movie. 

So if anyone’s pessimistic, it’s probably because the history of the theme has given them reason to be afraid that Lego might throw away a perfectly good theme again. We probably don’t have anything to worry about, but the Internet does seem to breed cynics. 

I think the reason TLG didn’t continue with the theme after 2011 was their habit at the time of releasing licensed sets mainly in years when a new movie came out. Star Wars has always been an exception, but I think they’ve had a few bad experiences when they released licensed sets without an accompanying film. If I recall correctly, the 2009 Indy sets sold less than the ones released in 2008 and the 2003 Potter sets probably weren’t best-sellers either. A lot of subsequent themes didn’t even get sets beyond the year they were introduced (Toy Story and POTC to name a few examples, both of which got sets years later, but that doesn‘t count).

Then again, Cars had sets in 2012, but that was a merchandising juggernaut anyway. They again tried with LOTR, but that probably wasn’t too successful considering that 2014 didn’t see the release of any LOTR sets. However, LOTR was of course connected to the Hobbit theme which did get a wave for every movie but didn’t continue into 2015.

In essence, there’s no clear pattern :grin: Speculation on the continuation of the current iteration can’t be informed by the previous runs since TLG don’t reveal the reasoning behind their planning. Personally, I think the theme will continue, but I still don’t get what‘s up with the „limited availability“ blurb in the instructions :wacko:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I’ve decided I will sell my burrow Set, probably without the figures- is anyone interested, I’m gunna give it a week before I put it on eBay and BrickLink etc- thought I’d give the Lego HP fans first offer, if you are interested contact my instagram @domsidaway or @legoniche 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Speculation on the continuation of the current iteration....

That's one hell of a tongue twister :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, Legoniche said:

I’ve decided I will sell my burrow Set, probably without the figures- is anyone interested, I’m gunna give it a week before I put it on eBay and BrickLink etc- thought I’d give the Lego HP fans first offer, if you are interested contact my instagram @domsidaway or @legoniche 

I'm interested. Do you have any other way of contact? I don't do instagram. Would you sell the Bellatrix minifig? 

1 hour ago, Bricking_it said:

I'm interested. Do you have any other way of contact? I don't do instagram. Would you sell the Bellatrix minifig? 

There’s a fairly high chance we will get a new Bellatrix minifig next year with an OOTP wave

2 hours ago, Bricking_it said:

I suppose I could sell the Bellatrix as well as the other figs- what social media do you have, if any?

Edited by Legoniche