Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

2 hours ago, Legoniche said:

I am debating whether to sell my burrow set

If you want to feel like a fool :laugh::

2 hours ago, Legoniche said:

I feel like such a fool- last year I sold my 2010 hogwarts+ 2011 hogwarts+ 2011 diagon alley for £300

Selling the hogwarts 2010-11 is fine since we have gotten new better sets now anyway.. The burrow and diagon alley on the other hand I would personally not sell. Yes we might get new sets eventually, but those two sets are really good and have a loot of unique minifigs.. Even a new D2C diagon alley could end up having only e.g. one building in common with the old one, so both could be combined to make a even bigger street :wink:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If you want to feel like a fool :laugh::

Selling the hogwarts 2010-11 is fine since we have gotten new better sets now anyway.. The burrow and diagon alley on the other hand I would personally not sell. Yes we might get new sets eventually, but those two sets are really good and have a loot of unique minifigs.. Even a new D2C diagon alley could end up having only e.g. one building in common with the old one, so both could be combined to make a even bigger street :wink:

I already sold my diagon alley and hogwarts sets haha- for such a low price ?, but I shall head your advice and keep my burrow, thanks very much :) 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:58 AM, Heppy9 said:

Went to Smyths this morning and got the knight bus for £28.99 with voucher then went back in and got expect patronum for £13.99 with voucher! Interestingly the sets have been taken off their website! Wonder if they got a slap on the wrist for selling them early! 

Asda have the new sets as well...I bought and quite like the Knight Bus..except for the lack of printed parts for the bus itself..all the destination boards and the radiator really should have been printed, I think Lego have cheapened out on this, by going for stickers.

21 minutes ago, r5-j2 said:

Asda have the new sets as well...I bought and quite like the Knight Bus..except for the lack of printed parts for the bus itself..all the destination boards and the radiator really should have been printed, I think Lego have cheapened out on this, by going for stickers.

Everytime lego uses a sticker instead of a print they're cheaping out. In my opinion lego needs to stop producing stickers alltogether, they have the necessary technology to do printed parts and their stickers are of a very poor quality (they start peeling off after a few years). 

Same thing goes for figures really, why can 4$ CMF figures be so incredibly detailed while most figures in D2C sets don't even have legprinting?! If you have the technology to do something: DO IT

LEGO stores unless LEGOland stores are mandated and controlled by LEGO, 9/10 store employees have no clue when new sets get shipped, they just know shipment dates but have no idea what sets, they know the rumors too but only the store manager knows. 

Legoland are franchises therefore they have to order the sets, but every other store are controlled by LEGO, before there was a time when the sets would get released before their street dates, but now they penalize stores who do and we have to wait.  Thats why smyths took them off their website

but since the Batman sets are being released August 1st, they are up for preorder on the shop LEGO US website but the Harry Potter sets are not, if that’s saying something 

Edited by eldiano

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't believe there have been any sightings outside of the UK, could be wrong though

They're available in Switzerland, too.

58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Everytime lego uses a sticker instead of a print they're cheaping out. In my opinion lego needs to stop producing stickers alltogether, they have the necessary technology to do printed parts and their stickers are of a very poor quality (they start peeling off after a few years). 

Same thing goes for figures really, why can 4$ CMF figures be so incredibly detailed while most figures in D2C sets don't even have legprinting?! If you have the technology to do something: DO IT

I really do hate stickers mainly as im a perfectionist so it sometimes takes me a few minutes to apply a sticker correctly

15 minutes ago, eldiano said:

LEGO stores unless LEGOland stores are mandated and controlled by LEGO, 9/10 store employees have no clue when new sets get shipped, they just know shipment dates but have no idea what sets, they know the rumors too but only the store manager knows. 

Legoland are franchises therefore they have to order the sets, but every other store are controlled by LEGO, before there was a time when the sets would get released before their street dates, but now they penalize stores who do and we have to wait.  Thats why smyths took them off their website

but since the Batman sets are being released August 1st, they are up for preorder on the shop LEGO US website but the Harry Potter sets are not, if that’s saying something 

Just got The new Batmobile set from Asda ,here in West Lothian , Scotland on my way home from work...they seem to have most of the new H.P/Batman sets in stock, a nearby Entertainer chain shop doesn`t have any for sale.

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

The new Creator Expert Moon Lander is coming out June 1st and it’s not on the US website either so... I think the only thing to gather is that the website’s unorganized. 

43 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The new Creator Expert Moon Lander is coming out June 1st and it’s not on the US website either so... I think the only thing to gather is that the website’s unorganized. 

Lunar Lander wasn't officially revealed yet, while HP was and even has pre-order on S@H in Europe.

2 hours ago, r5-j2 said:

Just got The new Batmobile set from Asda ,here in West Lothian , Scotland on my way home from work...they seem to have most of the new H.P/Batman sets in stock, a nearby Entertainer chain shop doesn`t have any for sale.

Don't go looking for anything Harry Potter related at the Entertainer shop, the owners don't approve of witchcraft targeted at children, so their shops never stock anything Harry Potter branded, either Lego or anything else.

1 hour ago, Felkin said:

Don't go looking for anything Harry Potter related at the Entertainer shop, the owners don't approve of witchcraft targeted at children, so their shops never stock anything Harry Potter branded, either Lego or anything else.

What's next? They don't approve adults running around in bat costumes?

1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

Lunar Lander wasn't officially revealed yet, while HP was and even has pre-order on S@H in Europe.

My point wasn’t ‘this Creator set and the Harry Potter line are the same’ - it’s more ‘several sets being released from June - August have recently been put up on the US Lego site. The Harry Potter sets are not. The only other set I know of like this is X. It’s all really weird.’ 

(Seriously though there are several sets marked Coming Soon - August 1st that were recently uploaded onto the US website, so even if the Harry Potter sets have been delayed until then here we should theoretically be seeing them. Their lack of presence on the site is just prolonging the confusion on when they really come out.)

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you have the technology to do something: DO IT

I know you prrrobably intend to be taken seriously, but I can't help laughing because this reads like a parody of entitled fan complaints. :laugh:

17 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I know you prrrobably intend to be taken seriously, but I can't help laughing because this reads like a parody of entitled fan complaints. :laugh:

I know its one of the most common complaints when it comes to lego but that doesn't take away they very often cheap out on figures :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I know its one of the most common complaints when it comes to lego but that doesn't take away they very often cheap out on figures :laugh_hard:

I just dk why Lego acts like they cant splurge a little bit on their budget and just charge a little more for sets. They’re a huge corporation. Its not like its us at home making bootleg versions of sets lol. Don’t get me wrong, I love the new waves so much and I’m very grateful for what we did get but (just being nitpicky) wouldn’t they rather just give us Krum and Fleur done right in all the sets and Fang at all, even if we complain a little bit about pricing, rather than to give us a half-assed goblet of fire and pensieve along w the other noticeable places they skimped?

16 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

I just dk why Lego acts like they cant splurge a little bit on their budget and just charge a little more for sets. They’re a huge corporation. Its not like its us at home making bootleg versions of sets lol. Don’t get me wrong, I love the new waves so much and I’m very grateful for what we did get but (just being nitpicky) wouldn’t they rather just give us Krum and Fleur done right in all the sets and Fang at all, even if we complain a little bit about pricing, rather than to give us a half-assed goblet of fire and pensieve along w the other noticeable places they skimped?

Pricing on some Harry Potter sets hasn't been too good in my country, seeing $20 sets go for €30, of course same could be said for US City sets going for $30 and €20 over here. (Maybe it's a logistics thing)

Overall, HP sets are at least 5-10 € higher here then the US $ price.

Grindelwald Escape (132 parts) set being €30 and Horntail (265 parts) set being €40 is just way too high for what's on offer.

To me the only thing that justifies some proper price increase across the board on LEGO if they go back to 100% prints.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Overall, HP sets are at least 5-10 € higher here then the US $ price.

You’re probably in a country that incorporates the tax into the list price then. Here in the US we have to calculate that ourselves or be surprised when they gouge it out of us at the register. 

31 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

You’re probably in a country that incorporates the tax into the list price then. Here in the US we have to calculate that ourselves or be surprised when they gouge it out of us at the register. 

Still not just that, compared to even Germany my country is more expensive on some sets, especially Licensed. (Hoth Medical Chamber is a good example, $30 in US, €40 in Germany,  €50 in NL). 

I know the US doesn't have the best deal when it comes to the City theme.

Edited by TeriXeri

I got really frustrated only 2 pages into the Clocktower, something in the first build was surprisingly tricky!

[Minor spoiler regarding the build follows, I tried to use tags but didn’t seem to work.]

The first thing you build is the Yule ball tables, you have to place the decorations in between the studs of the plates, this was extremely fiddly and when I finally got one in, I’d frequently knock it off attempting to add the next piece, those two mini table builds probably took me half an hour!

Edited by thecallumread
Tried to incorporate spoiler tags,

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

My point wasn’t ‘this Creator set and the Harry Potter line are the same’ - it’s more ‘several sets being released from June - August have recently been put up on the US Lego site. The Harry Potter sets are not. The only other set I know of like this is X. It’s all really weird.’ 

(Seriously though there are several sets marked Coming Soon - August 1st that were recently uploaded onto the US website, so even if the Harry Potter sets have been delayed until then here we should theoretically be seeing them. Their lack of presence on the site is just prolonging the confusion on when they really come out.)

I noticed this too, there’s no June sets on the US website labeled coming soon, but like you mentioned ALL the August sets are up, something is definitely up

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Still not just that, compared to even Germany my country is more expensive on some sets, especially Licensed. (Hoth Medical Chamber is a good example, $30 in US, €40 in Germany,  €50 in NL). 

I know the US doesn't have the best deal when it comes to the City theme.

And the worst thing about that is how 50 euro equals 56 dollars, meaning we have to pay 26 dollars more than the US

20 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I noticed this too, there’s no June sets on the US website labeled coming soon, but like you mentioned ALL the August sets are up, something is definitely up

I think some of the City sets are marked as coming in late June? But yeah it’s super weird that the Harry Potter sets aren’t on the US website at all yet, despite most of the other June-August sets being there. 

3 hours ago, eldiano said:

I’m gonna predict that they’re gonna go up for pre-order like they are in the uk, so maybe because of that they’ll be listed closer to the time of release, otherwise it’ll be 2 months of pre-orders