Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

What could be the 7 sets between 75948 Hogwarts Clock Tower and 75957 Knight Bus ? Are we expecting another Wizarding World wave latter this year ?

1 minute ago, notpennysboat said:

What could be the 7 sets between 75948 Hogwarts Clock Tower and 75957 Knight Bus ? Are we expecting another Wizarding World wave latter this year ?

Mostly last years' sets

4 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/04/29/six-lego-harry-potter-sets-officially-revealed-including-knight-bus-triwizard-tournament-and-advent-calendar-news/

No photos of the back of the Advent calendar or Knight Bus, but they show the front and have official text:

• This LEGO Harry Potter advent calendar includes 7 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Professor McGonagall, Albus Dumbledore, Professor Flitwick and the Hogwarts Architect plus a Hedwig figure.
  • Models include a micro Hogwarts Express train, buildable fireplace with Christmas decoration, Great Hall table with accessories and a statue pedestal decorated with the 4 house crests.
  • The 24 gifts combine to inspire kids to recreate festive scenes from the Harry Potter movies and invent magical stories of their own.

So the builds that aren’t listed are the presents the tree and the flag (I think I’ve got the ones of the picture)

38 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

Right, I didn't notice thank you. 75949 is still missing, that's a good news :)

75949 was going to be the Knight Bus, then it was cancelled, then it was un-cancelled but with a new set number for some reason.

1 hour ago, topiku said:

Wait guys what if the graveyard set is actually from the Crimes of grindelwald?

I’ve been wondering this since the rumors came out, but a lot of people here seem opposed to the idea :laugh: whereas I’m perfectly happy with the possibility of getting a lego Zouwu. 

The proper advent calendar pics look great. So happy we get new torsos for Harry, Ron AND Hermione. Flitwick should be interesting too, since at the very least he needs new prints. If anyone’s questioning what the Hogwarts’ Architect statue looks like, Harry and Ron hide behind it when thier slipping Crabbe and Goyle sleeping potion in Chamber of Secrets, so it actually features in a Christmas scene! 

5 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’ve been wondering this since the rumors came out, but a lot of people here seem opposed to the idea :laugh: whereas I’m perfectly happy with the possibility of getting a lego Zouwu.

Personally, I‘m not necessarily opposed to the idea, but in my opinion, a set based on GoF has better minifig potential (Baby Voldy, Wormtail, Lucius, generic Death Eaters) than a set based on CoG (Leta, Nicolas, Theseus, Krall?). I would also like to see a LEGO Zouwu in the future, but I doubt it‘d appear in a set based on that scene :wink:

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

the CMF version can‘t be repurposed unless they‘ve suddenly changed their rules.

Well don't forget about the simpsons second d2c which had 3 figures from the cmf series and even the first one which reused some torso printing.

The Knight Bus from what I see is suppose to be released soon.

When will it be on store shelves?

Edited by Rs87277

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Personally, I‘m not necessarily opposed to the idea, but in my opinion, a set based on GoF has better minifig potential (Baby Voldy, Wormtail, Lucius, generic Death Eaters) than a set based on CoG (Leta, Nicolas, Theseus, Krall?). I would also like to see a LEGO Zouwu in the future, but I doubt it‘d appear in a set based on that scene :wink:

Why not? A set based off of Newt, Tina and Leta’s arrival could include the Zouwu and the facade of the Lestrange crypt. Depending on piece count you could also do a bit of the inside and include Credence, Nagini and Kama as well. 

15 minutes ago, Rs87277 said:

The Knight Bus from what I see is suppose to be released soon.

When will it be on store shelves?

June 1st, just like all the other sets

5 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Why not? A set based off of Newt, Tina and Leta’s arrival could include the Zouwu and the facade of the Lestrange crypt. Depending on piece count you could also do a bit of the inside and include Credence, Nagini and Kama as well. 

I haven‘t thought of that... I‘d certainly buy that in a heartbeat (even though I’d still prefer the alternative) :thumbup:

Now that the calendar has surprisingly been revealed as well, the two alleged remaining sets should follow suit too, right? Of course retail exclusives aren‘t always revealed alongside the main wave, but last year that was the case...

1 hour ago, tafkatb said:

75949 was going to be the Knight Bus, then it was cancelled, then it was un-cancelled but with a new set number for some reason.

That reason could be they want 75949 for another set, maybe the graveyard ? But why not to keep 75949 for the Knight Bus and give 75957 for that maybe-new set ? Giving 75957 for the Knight Bus lets think that we could expect a non-unveiled set, the actual 75949.

Disappointing that there's no official image of the combined caste sets, but not surprising considering that all pretty much all of the Press Release images had already leaked. 

So last year I built the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets in LDD before they came out by looking at the pictures (they didn’t end up being perfect but I was surprised how accurate I got them), and today I did the same with the Clock Tower and connected it to the others. I connected it to the other side of the Great Hall (where I believe it’s meant to be connected) and it actually doesn’t look bad at all when connected directly to the Great Hall, it looks very nice. At this scale, where they obviously aren’t trying to make it extremely accurate like the D2C, they’re just making good quality connectable Hogwarts playsets, it really works. It looks like it will basically be forming a big rectangle once it’s complete. Looking from above, the Great Hall is one side, the Clock Tower is the top, the Whomping Willow section is the bottom, and I assume the eventual Astronomy Tower will be the main bulk of the other side, with most likely a couple smaller sections filling up some space as well. I’m excited to see what else we get in the future, I’m loving these Hogwarts builds!

Fantastic Beasts 3 got delayed again and will be in cinemas on November 12th 2021

15 minutes ago, topiku said:

Fantastic Beasts 3 got delayed again and will be in cinemas on November 12th 2021

Man, that’s crazy, I wonder why they are having so many issues

30 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

From what I’ve read, it’s been hinted that they might be going to Brazil, on location stuff there could be trickier than London or Paris. I also haven’t seen any announcement that JKR has finished the script yet, so she could be taking more time with this one. 

2 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

That reason could be they want 75949 for another set, maybe the graveyard ? But why not to keep 75949 for the Knight Bus and give 75957 for that maybe-new set ? Giving 75957 for the Knight Bus lets think that we could expect a non-unveiled set, the actual 75949.

I wouldn't look into it too much, lego doesn't always use every available setnumber

57 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They're having lots of problems. JK hasn't finished the script because it needed to be rewritten after the CoG backlash, WB wants to fire Johnny Depp because of the whole Amber Heard scandal (even though Amber Heard has already been proven to be a lying manipulative ****). 

Long story short, it'll be a while (there is even a possibility of the Fantastic Beasts franchise not being finished at all)

3 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

No. There is no 75949 and never will be.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

They're having lots of problems. JK hasn't finished the script because it needed to be rewritten after the CoG backlash, WB wants to fire Johnny Depp because of the whole Amber Heard scandal (even though Amber Heard has already been proven to be a lying manipulative ****). 

Long story short, it'll be a while (there is even a possibility of the Fantastic Beasts franchise not being finished at all)

Wow, I hope to see the story completed. It may not be perfect, but I want a chance to see where they plan to take it and Lego tie-ins are always welcome!

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Flitwick should be interesting too, since at the very least he needs new prints. 

Ooooh...what if we get a Flitwick from Philosopher's Stone? You know, the one with the crazy mustache during the feather lifting sequence. That'd be really cool in terms of variation, even though he's technically the same character.

5 minutes ago, CT-5503 said:

Ooooh...what if we get a Flitwick from Philosopher's Stone? You know, the one with the crazy mustache during the feather lifting sequence. That'd be really cool in terms of variation, even though he's technically the same character.

I agree, it’s not necessary, but it would be very neat to have both versions (even though I like the newer version much better), just like it was very nice to get both versions of Dumbledore