Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

The open back make sense to me, but the lack of uniform torsos is  shame, though at least this mean it won't skew the house ratio's even more. (I use the duplicate uniform torso to make extra students and they are almost all gryfindor for obvious reasons)

Ha, I said hermione would be a printed brick but people said that was a stupid idea and they wouldn’t do that.

they look alright. Love expecto, clock tower and hagrids hut. The knight bus looks a tad too blocky for me, and the horntail set just looks awful. The horntail has too small a head and too big legs, and that “tent” looks horrifically bad

Seem to be the only person who likes the yule ball Hermione. The printing is very good and I love the fact that she's the correct height.

Does anyone else find Ron's alternate face very jarring? He looks like a miserable middle aged man, not a 13 year old.

8 minutes ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Seem to be the only person who likes the yule ball Hermione. The printing is very good and I love the fact that she's the correct height.

I like it too, a new piece would have been unnecessary and the regular dress piece would have looked weird, so this was the best solution :thumbup:

Expecto Patronum - It's a fantastic set, I love every part of it, all the minifigures, excellent Stag and an amazing build. Stud shooter is weird tho. 9/10

Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge - That's... Not as good as I expected. Minifigures are amazing. The tent looks pretty good and the rock with the egg is nice as well. On the other hand, Horntail... It's my favourite creature in whole HP Universe, but this build is not good. Head looks bird-ish, no teeth and only four spikes is just pathetic. Wings are okay, but the torso and legs are awful. Why is it dark brown/black!? Too dark. 6/10

Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak's Rescue - This is an amazing set. Minifigures are amazing, Buckbeak is perfect and the pumpkin yard is awesome. The build looks perfect, I don't like the fact that it's a facade, but the interior is great so that's cool. 9/10 

Hogwarts Clock Tower - That looks awesome, but I can't fully judge it without interior. Eight exclusive minifigures. Wow. All of them are great. Side builds are perfect. Exterior looks amazing. The interior is also fantastic. 9/10 

The Knight Bus - The build is perfectly accuarte, looks great. Minifigures are nice, but the set has no real content. It's boring, and plain, but nice. 7/10

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

The patronus set, Horntail set and Hagrid's hut set are all must haves! The Hungarian Horntail is sadly somewhat disappointing. I don't mind the colord but it needed more spikes, his thighs are too thick and not in a good way and that head... I get what they were going for but it's a bird head. It was meant to be a bird head and just doesn't work for a dragon, especially since it doesn't have any teeth! Hopefully it'll look better in person as I do like the rest of its build well enough and it's fairly poseable. The expecto patronum set is pure perfection and Hagrid's hut looks great, especially that beautiful new Buckbeak! I'm still not happy about the lack of Fang but what we do get is pretty nice. The other sets don't really interest me much. Like Hagrid, I'm all about the creatures!

Love the return of the Clocktower (my favorite Hogwarts location in the films)! Can't wait to see how it looks connected to the Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets. 

Finally the pictures are here, they all look amazing!
Expecto Patronum: We have all seen this set early, but it still looks amazing for the size and price, incredible value for what you get, not one but TWO Dementors, new Harry and Sirius and a new stag piece in such a small affordable set!
Triwizard Task: I am in love, I will 100% be buying this set first out of them all. For a long time now ever since the original set came out in 2005 I have been waiting for Lego to remake the First Task set so I can finally buy and own it, the Dragon is updated but I actually like it, it looks pretty good and it's big enough, I am also happy they included the tent. I love the new Goblet of Fire Harry minifig with that Lloyd hair piece in black and I really love the fact you get all 4 champions in their Triwizard robes in the SAME set.
Hogwarts Clocktower: The Clocktower design itself looks great and I love all the individual rooms (even if they are not that big), the Yule Ball area looks really good and I love the Prefects Bathroom and the Medical Wing, finally we get those two rooms in Lego form for the first time! I love all the minifigs included in their Yule Ball robes and it's really interesting that Lego decided to put all four champions in this set as well as the First Task set, except they have different robes, I actually really like the look of Goblet of Fire Ron in this set for some reason, Yule Ball Hermione looks incredible and we finally get Madame Maxime in minifig form. I just wish this set included Madam Pomfrey, but they probably will in a minifig pack or a future set so it's completely fine.
Hagrid's Hut: I really like the look of this new Hut, it looks like the best version yet in my opinion, I really love the fact they added the pumpkin patch area from the Prisoner of Azkaban because I loved seeing all the big pumpkins outside the Hut. The new Buckbeak looks great and I like all the minifigs in this set, the new Hermione looks amazing and I do wish we got Fang in this set.
Knight Bus: To be honest this set is the one that I will probably wait to buy and get last, there isn't much to say about this set since it just looks similiar to the previous design with the same minifigs, but it still looks great and the minifigs are updated and look much better than the old ones. I do like that the Shrunken Head is an actual minifig head this time around.

I sound really excited, which I am, tbh these sets all could have been more perfect sure like people are saying (certain characters should have been included, new Yule Ball dress piece instead of a brick, bigger rooms in the castle, the dragon's design etc), but I am just too excited to nitpick any small issues because I am just happy Lego are still making Harry Potter sets and they haven't abandoned the theme again. All these sets look great and I will be buying them all when they come out to add to my growing collection.

Edited by Lego Lad

Probably my least favourite thing of all these is the bloody Goblet of Fire, it's pathetic. All the rest seems fine to me. 

The goblet is a golden goblet with one of the old flames in blue coming out of it, it seems to stand on a pedestel, but doesn't make it better. 

Also, blue separator, has this been done before? 

Edited by Mordarch

5 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

Probably my least favourite thing of all these is the bloody Goblet of Fire, it's pathetic. All the rest seems fine to me. 

The goblet is a golden goblet with one of the old flames in blue coming out of it, it seems to stand on a pedestel, but doesn't make it better. 

Also, blue separator, has this been done before? 

Hadn’t noticed the goblet. That’s awful!

and yeah the separator is in some Lego Movie 2 sets

Some little details I like/found interesting:

I love the new design of Harry's Firebolt broom. I have always thought 'Lego should make new broom moulds or Lego should add more detail to the brooms' and here we are, they added an actual broom stand onto the broom, basically the two little bars on either side can rest Harry's legs on, which I think was such a nice inclusion, Lego could have easily skipped that detail but they didn't (they tried to do the Firebolt broom stand in the 2010 Hogwart's Castle using a cone/sloped piece but it didn't work and this version is better).

I actually like the small tent build, I love how they represent the different schools by using stickers on the inside of the tent, I also like the little bed build and side table.

I love that the golden egg is the egg piece as we expected in a shiny gold colour, it's nice that it actually shines and wasn't a flat gold colour instead.

The mermaid stained glass looks incredible and another nice inclusion to the Clocktower set, I also love how Lego used two blue lightsaber bar pieces to represent water coming out the taps. Thinking about it, if you really want to you could pose the Harry minifig with the Golden egg in the actual bath to set the scene lol.

I really like how you can spin the minifigs to represent them dancing, a nice little feature Lego added in for us to use, also the build for the two snowy/icy tables with the ice sculpture and the drinks look really beautiful. Overall the Yule Ball section looks fun to build.

Obviously, the Clocktower can connect to the previous castle sets from last year which I can't wait to connect together to make an even bigger castle to display.

I really love that Lego included the pumpkin patch outside the Hut, they could have easily have just placed Buckbeak on a chain and that's it, plus I love how they did a mix of orange minifig heads along with new pumpkin pieces to represent different sizes, such a nice touch.

I don't mind Hagrid's Hut having the back completely open, it matches the theme with the rest of the sets from last years wave where both castle parts have an open back so you can see all the rooms and have easy access to place minifigs.

I love the little chocolate frog thrown into the Hut set, once again wasn't really needed but it's nice Lego put that in.

Ron's second face looks really grumpy and/or disgusted aha, I think it looks fine if you use that expression for the Yule Ball robes Ron.

As some of us guessed there is a stud shooter in the Patronum set, which is a little bizarre tbh, however it does make sense since Lego needed a play feature and it's used to represent Harry casting the Patronus spell and knocking all the Dementors away. Plus the stud shooter is at least brown and blends into the tree well enough so it's not that bad, also you can just take it out.

Never thought i would say that but the stud shooter in the Expecto Patronum set has to be the first one I actually like ?

Also I‘m a bit disappointed the interior of Hagrid‘s Hut is so plain, from the front it‘s perfect but the backside not so much.

I hate the Hungarian Horntail being brick-built, but I guess that's to be expected after the brick-built Fantastic Beasts creatures.  The older Horntail was better.

I will likely be getting the Expecto Patronum and Hagrid's Hut.  I may also get the Clock Tower for my lady.  Don't really care about the bus.

Hey guys.

I just randomly stumbled upon a very blurry picture of the advent calendar on google. I actually found it while looking for photos of the clock tower, by searching "lego 75948" on google images and scrolled way down.

As I said, it is really blurry, so you can't make anything out. But it definetally includes Harry in his diagon alley clothes from the first movie and Hermione in Hogwarts robes (possibly from the sorting ceremony). Both have short legs. All I could make out other than this was some christmas presents, and that the box art is of the great hall.

The link leads to a side called Insta Stalker, but I can't find the picture on the site.

Hooe this helps :)

LOL at Ron dancing with Fleur on one of the detail pictures for the Clocktower.  You wish, Ron...

Edited by RogueTwo

Hmm the new Horntail is meh. The head does not look like a dragon. It is a birdlike shape, no printing can change that. Maybe the head can finally make a giant Giant eagle or Griffin. The wings seem to be the medium size. A welcome addition, brown is a useful color, especially since the old horntail wings are very expensive.

also I cannot believe they still have Harry sit on Buckbeak oldschool style even though he has a gap, which is very positive and an improvement over the old Buckbeak.

Just now, Dobby said:

Hey guys.

I just randomly stumbled upon a very blurry picture of the advent calendar on google. I actually found it while looking for photos of the clock tower, by searching "lego 75948" on google images and scrolled way down.

As I said, it is really blurry, so you can't make anything out. But it definetally includes Harry in his diagon alley clothes from the first movie and Hermione in Hogwarts robes (possibly from the sorting ceremony). Both have short legs. All I could make out other than this was some christmas presents, and that the box art is of the great hall.

The link leads to a side called Insta Stalker, but I can't find the picture on the site.

Hooe this helps :)

I think this picture was seen before, albeit only briefly.  I couldn't tell that it was Harry's Diagon Alley clothes from movie one, though.  That would be great!  Of course, the Christmas jumper with the "H" would be better, but who knows, maybe it's still happening.  If all the minifigures in the calendar exclusive, I will be ecstatic!  

3 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I think this picture was seen before, albeit only briefly.  I couldn't tell that it was Harry's Diagon Alley clothes from movie one, though.  That would be great!  Of course, the Christmas jumper with the "H" would be better, but who knows, maybe it's still happening.  If all the minifigures in the calendar exclusive, I will be ecstatic!  

My bad. Thought it was a new discovery. I can't rule out that it could be his Christmas jumper. All you can see are a blue torso with tan legs ?

Just now, Dobby said:

My bad. Thought it was a new discovery. I can't rule out that it could be his Christmas jumper. All you can see are a blue torso with tan legs ?

No worries!  Welcome, by the way!  And I like your username.  :classic:

Looking at the Hagrid's Hut box art/main picture, it looks like Buckbeak is missing his left wing!  :grin:  It's too long a piece to be hiding at his side, which is perhaps why they excluded it; it would have obstructed the photo, I guess?  

For me all the sets look amazing and i will buy all of them.

A designer can never make all the sets perfect.

What is perfect??

Everyone has diffdrent opinions of perfect so no set will never be perfect.

28 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

No worries!  Welcome, by the way!  And I like your username.  :classic:

Looking at the Hagrid's Hut box art/main picture, it looks like Buckbeak is missing his left wing!  :grin:  It's too long a piece to be hiding at his side, which is perhaps why they excluded it; it would have obstructed the photo, I guess?  

I think maybe you can hide the wing if you angle the camera at the right spot aha, I'm guessing they found that angle to hide it, if not it doesn't matter, they probably did it so it didn't block out anything on the box art, either way the box art looks great.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of a swinging pendulum in the Clock Tower. The complicated mechanism behind a synchronized spinning clock and swinging pendulum was the only thing holding me back from MOCing my own Clock Tower. Hopefully someone a bit more adept at Technic than me comes up with a MOD that adds in the feature.