Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

I really like the new knight bus. Doesn't look like the older ones which are quite skinny looking imo. 

I’m so happy with the sets except from the knight bus, it’s really good except for the fact that the windows are too tall, they should be longer than they are tall not the other way around

the people who are saying the Horntail should be moulded really need to take a look at what product this is, it’s lego, the purpose of this brand is to build things, a moulded Horntail would just be boring, also with the one we have gotten we can easily modify it, but had we got a moulded one and not liked it we would have been stuck with it, in my opinion the head isn’t the most accurate but with the amount of new prints we have in this set, I don’t think we would be able to get this set for such a good price if it had a new mould aswell.

Hagrid s hut is goodbut it would have been nice if it was complete (not just a facade) but I can always get two and the minifigs are superb but a new Hagrid would have been even better.

The clock tower/watch tower is good but it’s a bit of a strange shape and Yule ball hermione is a bit disappointing 

Expecto patronum is even better now that we have seen a good quality picture

I checked to see if the velociraptor jaw would fit on the Occamy head but it doesn’t so I guess we’re stuck with a vegetarian Horntail. And for the record I would rather have a more expensive set but get a new molded head

I must say the irony is refreshing. When the first wave was revealed people complained about  the Great Hall and Womping Willow set. People were also estranged about the use of the short legs for the students. How everyone now loves the sets.  Is  this going to repeat it self?

Over all the sets are great. Hagrids hut is beautiful and better looking then  possibly imaginable. The clock tower looks quite majestic and fits the new Hogwarts castle stile well. The Knight Bus is as good as it gets for the vehicle design. Expect patronum has good value. While the first challenge set  appears to be the weakest, I think that the build for the horntail is accurate  enough when looking at the in universe creature and the tent is acceptable.

My thoughts on the sets:

Hagrid's Hut: Took 'em long enough, but we finally have our first accurate portrayal :wub: The fully-fledged pumpkin patch is a superb addition too. I also like the pieces they chose for Buckbeak's wings and I'm glad it once again includes a light brick, that was one of my favorite aspects of the last rendition :thumbup:

Knight Bus: It's good to see the shrunken head hanging from the ceiling, just as we suspected with the printed dreadlocks and all. This finally gets the angled windows on the upper floor right :classic:

Horntail: I still would've preferred a moulded dragon, but I appreciate what they did here :sweet: The egg is even metallic, I fully expected it to be pearl gold, so nice surprise there.

Expecto Patronum: Good to see that it is Luke's hair piece after all. The stud shooter is weird though

Clock Tower: Looks cool from the outside, can't wait to see the interior :thumbup: The Christmas Tree and tables are an excellent addition, really conveys the atmosphere of that scene. Looks like Hermione's got the CMF Queen/ Calamity Drone hairpiece, as some have guessed correctly :classic:

My take:

The Knight Bus itself looks great, but I've never loved that scene.  I'll buy it as soon as I can properly afford it.

Expecto Patronum looks pretty much the same as it did last time, glad it's the final design.  Pretty much perfect.  I'll buy it right away.

Hagrid's Hut is a day one, hour one buy if I can find it available anywhere.  Beautiful.

The Horntail set is just not great, and I don't love Goblet of Fire (the movie, at least), so I will wait for a sale.

I've been wanting a new Clocktower for a very long time, and I'm very glad I didn't buy the old one.  While I certainly would have preferred an Azkban setting, the building itself looks great, and this way they don't have to waste half a CMF series on Yule Ball variants. That said, I'm pretty sure we'll see Yule Ball Cho and Patil twins if we every get a series two.  I suspect this set will be the best-seller this Christmas.  I may try to hold off on buying this one, if only to pretend to be financially responsible.

I could hardly be happier with this wave.  Yes, I would have preferred a small Shrieking Shack to the Horntail, but if we get a Wormtail figure in the rumored Graveyard set, the Shack itself would be pretty easy to MOC.  I understand why a werewolf Lupin wasn't made; that mold would be very difficult and expensive.  My God, though, I hope the rumored $15 set this August is a Fang and Padfoot battle pack!  The dog lover (and Potter lover) in me is quite sad about the omission of these two essential characters.

Now I hope the official pictures will have to be released soon.  Personally, I'm thrilled that I didn't buy the UCS Hogwarts, because not only could I not really afford it, it seems like the "System-scale" theme will be going strong for a while.  Only one odd thing: no standard Hogwarts house uniforms.  Now that the CMF series is discontinued, it will be hard for kids to get regular uniformed characters for a while.  Not that I think anyone will really mind, just an observation.

I feel like I have the same thoughts as a lot of you. Expecto Patronum, Hagrid's Hut, and the Clock Tower are fantastic. The hut is probably my favorite - a great selection of minifigures, Buckbeak, and they sure didn't skimp on pumpkins!

I'm so confused about Hermione. I'm glad they did something unique with the hairpiece. (Is anyone able to tell if that's new, or it's from something else?) But it sure looks like her dress is a printed 1x2 brick with a 1x2 plate for her feet. Fleur has a dress piece and Hermione is by far the more important character in this scene...

The Horntail. Yeah, it's weird. I'll definitely be buying the set for the minifigures, but the builds will be parted out.

The Knight Bus is almost too sleek. And, as mentioned before, the windows should be wider, not taller. It seems weird they would introduce this new window mold (at least I haven't seen it before) when it's not accurate to the source material, or when there are plenty of existing windows that would work better. For example, sideways 1x2x3 windows would have been great.

I'll still be buying all the sets for sure. Can't wait to see the interiors!

Holy crap!! I LOVE the clock tower build on the side. That will help connect it to the great hall too!

and wow they got a lot of detailing at the clock portion. And the whole thing matches the great hall so well!!

Seeing these images leaked was an awesome treat when I came home from school today. Here’s my take:

Expecto Patronum is great, I’ve kind of already said my bit on it. I like the trees and the minifigure selection is great. Instant buy.

The Knight Bus, while I think is a good build, is not one I am planning on picking up at all. I’ve never been a huge fan of it. It looks nice, and I think it’s a big improvement over the previous iterations of it.

Hagrid’s Hut: Buckbeak’s Escape is wonderful! It is a day one buy for me. The exterior of the build is great, easily the best Hagrid’s Hut we have gotten. The fact that the set is a facade does not really bother me. I like the minifigure selection and I am glad we get the trio all together. Fudge and Macnair are also good additions. I also really like Buckbeak and the pumpkin patch is solid. Again, instant buy.

Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge is meh. It’s not bad, but not great either. I think the Horntail looks fine, and I can’t say anything for the inaccuracies it may have. The tent looks fine, I don’t really know what to say about it. I like the minifigures but they are not worth buying this set at full price. It’s a pass for me, at least until it’s on sale.

Last, but certainly not least: Hogwarts Clock Tower. This looks really good. I don’t think it is as impressive as the Great Hall was, but it is certainly a wonderful addition to Hogwarts Castle and I can’t wait to display it with the rest of my display. I like the minifigure selection and the additional accessories such as the Christmas tree and the snow/ice help capture the look of the Yule Ball. It will be very easy to make the castle Christmas themed with this build. 

Overall, I am pleased with this wave. I am kind of glad that I’m not thrilled with the Knight Bus and the Triwizard Challenge. It means I can save some money. I hope the Graveyard Duel rumor is true because I will be without a doubt picking that one up too. Thank you LEGO for giving us another solid wave of my favorite licensed theme.

Interesting.  They're branded "Harry Potter" not "Wizarding World".

Hi all,

I've been following the thread without an account for ages, but now that I've actually seen some links I figured I'd join in the discussion.

Knight Bus: I think it looks great, no complaints at this point

Expecto Patronum: Great, might get two for more dementors

Hagrid's Hut: Looks great to me, although it does look like just a facade and I wish it was a full building.  I might modify that.

Triwizard Challenge: I like that the broom can actually be stood on, might modify my other brooms to make them work the same way.  The horntail is ok...just ok.

Clocktower: I think this looks great, although I might make the clock portion one story taller, it seems a bit short, but understandable for price/piece count.  I actually don't mind Hermione's legs being a 1x2 brick.  Maybe a dress piece would be better, but I'm not really disappointed with this.

Overall, I'll be buying them all, of course.  I haven't made modifications to the first wave yet, but may now that I have more castle to look at and scale it around.

30 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

My God, though, I hope the rumored $15 set this August is a Fang and Padfoot battle pack!  The dog lover (and Potter lover) in me is quite sad about the omission of these two essential characters.

Yes, the only thing Hagrids hut is missing is Fang and Padfoot could have come with the knight bus :def_shrug:

All in all I think the sets are great and: https://imgur.com/gallery/qh0UPGW

The dragon had been a lot better moulded, but I am sure the kids will love it :dblush:

Edited by Roebuck

Pictures of the back of the boxes and more are on IG. Retailer pics. 

Hagrid's hut is a façade so you need to buy 2 to complete it. Hermoine legs are a printed brick. 

Edited by Hoth Rebel

10 minutes ago, dvt said:

Interesting.  They're branded "Harry Potter" not "Wizarding World".

so were the previous series...

6 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Pictures of the back of the boxes are on IG. 

Really? Where? So far on #legoleaks and #legoleak I’ve only seen the front of the boxes and what looks to be official release pics of Hagrid’s Hut and the Clocktower. 

LOVE THE MERMAID! I will use this for a great MOC! For one second I think that there's no mermaid but it's on the side

And the Dumbeldlore office's have nice stickers too... 

Hermione dress it's finally a brick.. :cry_sad:

Also like very much the interiors as well the Hagrid's Hutt, the color selection is really nice and the pumpkins path awesome

4 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Really? Where? So far on #legoleaks and #legoleak I’ve only seen the front of the boxes and what looks to be official release pics of Hagrid’s Hut and the Clocktower. 

_Dimaks_lego_ has them. I asume they will be revealed soon as these are the pictures you see on Amazon and other retailers.  

The studshooter in the patronum set actually has a really nice function as a 4x4 dish shooter. 

Edited by Hoth Rebel

Not sure why people don't like Hermione's dress. If it had been a slope piece it would have been the exact same print except the darkest pink layer would disappear on the sides, plus it's inconsistent with Hermione's height in the rest of the wave.

Honestly this solution really pleases me, they actually got to portray the multiple shades of color correctly on the dress. Printing on the back would have been nice, but they barely do that even on proper slope bricks.

I think all the builds are looking pretty good, but the one thing I wish there were more of would be Hogwarts students besides Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I love that we got Seamus and Susan in the first wave plus the great CMF, but I wish they would've found a way to sneak a few more in this wave.

Overall looks like a good wave.

The Clocktower looks excellent. I think it’s the second time we’ve seen this in Lego? The minifigures are everything I could expect from this. I love the stained glass window mermaid in the prefect’s bathroom :wub:. I have to appreciate that turntable dancing feature they’ve included. Looks like Ron got to dance with Fleur after all :tongue:. Dumbledore’s office feels a little... shoehorned to be honest. It’s a nice inclusion but could’ve been saved for a later set where more space was available. 

I’m not too keen on the Knight Bus since the windows look much taller than they should. But I do really like that Stan figure! I really like what they’ve done with Hagrid’s Hut. Even if it is a facade. All the accessories hanging of the beam give it a more cluttered look. I like the Horntail set but I would’ve preferred a spectator stand like the previous version rather than the tent. Nonetheless the Horntail looks excellent.