Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Welp, seems like they didn’t change much with that set, and from what I’ve seen of the Trial set they haven’t changed much of that either (except the wings and size of the dragon itself)

Incredible. The fact we get a new design for Prisoner of Azkaban Harry and Sirius, a new stag mould, 2 decent looking tree builds and not just 1 but 2 Dementors in such a small affordable set is amazing, picking this up as soon as it's released 100%.

Gosh, that set is absolutely perfect! Harry Potter seems to be getting amazing treatment from TLG.

That set is brilliant. I thought it sounded good when I expected one tree and one Dementor, plus Harry/Sirius/Patronus. But this is brilliant, it's an absolute must-have. 

Now let's just hope that the other sets follow suit.

(And I'm still hoping for a 12 Grimmauld Place set somewhere down the line!)

Expecto Patronum looks great. The trees are some of the best LEGO has produced themselves and the amount of minifigures included is impressive. I very impressed by this set and much like others, this is a day one purchase for me.

That set looks fantastic! Sirius’ hair doesn’t look like Lukes to me. Love the size of the build and the fact that we get 2 dementors!

42 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

That set is brilliant. I thought it sounded good when I expected one tree and one Dementor, plus Harry/Sirius/Patronus. But this is brilliant, it's an absolute must-have. 

Now let's just hope that the other sets follow suit.

This is such a gorgeous set - I was already pretty sure these would be disappearing off the shelves quickly, but now that we know there are two dementors and there builds are so nice looking it’s pretty clear that this set is a day 1 purchase, I wouldn’t be surprised if Lego had the same problem of being chronically sold out on thier website like they were last year. 

26 minutes ago, notarealperson said:

the set looks likes its taken from the back of construction manual so we might get a bunch more from the same sheet

Well our first look at Aragog last year did come from an instruction manual. Getting a glimpse of the other sets would be great. 

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

That set looks fantastic! Sirius’ hair doesn’t look like Lukes to me. Love the size of the build and the fact that we get 2 dementors!

It does look like Luke's to me. Straighter and longer in the back.

I hope he leaks them all between today and tomorrow :P

Edited by Otherworld

While this is my personal opinion, it is really nice to see that Harry Potter has returned as the king of all licensed themes. We get locations, creatures, vehicles..all of it. And this little $20 set is a great example of why this theme is so great. The designers care about the theme. I feel Superheroes and Star Wars has really lost that these past years, imo. Those have just turned to "how can we do the least amount of effort and turn the biggest profit," but this theme feels different. Like they just really want to make good sets for the fans. Now I'm sure Harry Potter is in a slightly different situation because Superheroes and SW are somewhat limited with secrecy surrounding the movies, but some of the stuff they've been putting out regardless is nothing to have pride about. To the boy who lived!

7 minutes ago, Ultron said:

While this is my personal opinion, it is really nice to see that Harry Potter has returned as the king of all licensed themes. We get locations, creatures, vehicles..all of it. And this little $20 set is a great example of why this theme is so great. The designers care about the theme. I feel Superheroes and Star Wars has really lost that these past years, imo. Those have just turned to "how can we do the least amount of effort and turn the biggest profit," but this theme feels different. Like they just really want to make good sets for the fans. Now I'm sure Harry Potter is in a slightly different situation because Superheroes and SW are somewhat limited with secrecy surrounding the movies, but some of the stuff they've been putting out regardless is nothing to have pride about. To the boy who lived!

Hear, hear!

11 minutes ago, Ultron said:

What’s even better is that this set is $15.  Huzah to great value

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Yes! With a play feature that splits the building and reveals it! (Idc if it sacrifices the interior) Like the Mini scale MOC someone created.

I think the inclusion of Hagrids hut, the horntail and the dementors in this wave are good indicators that the designers were giving us hints as to what was to come with the d2c Hogwarts. All of those were Included in that set, as well as the whomping willow, Ford Anglia, great hall, potions room, gryffindor common room and aragog which were all in the first wave. Hopefully there might still be hints as to what’s to come in future waves (chamber of secrets, room of requirement, boat house, defense against the dark arts classroom, dumbledores office etc.)

47 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Yes! With a play feature that splits the building and reveals it! (Idc if it sacrifices the interior) Like the Mini scale MOC someone created.

It would be 2 fake 1 stud wide buildings that slid probably. TLG wouldn't sacrifice an interior