Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 minute ago, legozebra said:

Honestly I don’t really understand the negativity surrounding the figures especially compared to other licensed waves, for one of arguably the biggest Marvel movies ever we got reused torso and legs across the majority of the figures in the wave, no new updated prints for major characters (and some characters omitted entirely), no new molds at all, not even for the main villain, a lack of updated prints and hair for a character with a new design that has been shown for quite a while, the list goes on - I’m super happy with how Harry Potter, on the other hand, gets amazing new molds, more printed mid legs, new recolors of hair pieces, etc.

Some people in the AFOL community are about as bratty and whiny as spoiled children who don’t know what they’ been given. (Not to say all by any means or in all situations because some of the complaints about the marvel sets are well justified.) 

15 minutes ago, legogoblin2099 said:

Some people in the AFOL community are about as bratty and whiny as spoiled children who don’t know what they’ been given. (Not to say all by any means or in all situations because some of the complaints about the marvel sets are well justified.) 

I’m not even that upset at Marvel’s situation because I understand it doesn’t sell amazingly compared to something like HP, which is why I don’t really understand the negativity around HP’s figures and railing on sets that haven’t even been officially shown yet, not even prelims. A lot of the Marvel anger I can get, but this? HP gets a beautiful trans blue animal, a new Buckbeak mold, and so many great, unique variants of minifigures. Seems like a win to me

55 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I’m not even that upset at Marvel’s situation because I understand it doesn’t sell amazingly compared to something like HP, which is why I don’t really understand the negativity around HP’s figures and railing on sets that haven’t even been officially shown yet, not even prelims. A lot of the Marvel anger I can get, but this? HP gets a beautiful trans blue animal, a new Buckbeak mold, and so many great, unique variants of minifigures. Seems like a win to me

Personally I like the marvel sets so don’t get the hostility towards either, but especially for this one. LEGO has most definitely put in a lot of effort into this theme and all the figures are great. Not too say that they don’t have there flaws but most of the things that I personally don’t like are still both reasonable and understandable on legos part. Personally I think that the negative attitude comes from the notion that some have that LEGO sets are about the figures and that sets with less detailed figures are just lazy. We shouldn’t judge sets or figures until we see all of them.

5 hours ago, legogoblin2099 said:

Some people in the AFOL community are about as bratty and whiny as spoiled children who don’t know what they’ been given.

Probably because some of them are kids that have lied on there age to get a account :head_back:

5 hours ago, legozebra said:

I am no stranger to complain myself, but the WW sets we got last year was amazing and judging from the leaks so far this years sets will be at least the same fabulous quality if not even better :wub: The theme is definitely some of Lego's fines work now, and we get a lot more for our money compared to most other sets especially licensed ones :wink:

4 hours ago, legogoblin2099 said:

Personally I like the marvel sets so don’t get the hostility towards either, but especially for this one. 

The honstility towards marvel sets doesn't come from the sets themselves, but rather from the lackluster figures. A lot of times major characters lack a lot of detail and/or reuse a terrible looking piece (I'm looking at you Wasp!). With Endgame the main disappointment is we're not getting any of the new unique suits, yet the sets are filled to the brim with Outriders (which are just reuses of a figure the Infinity War wave already had 4 of) and for a lot of characters Endgame will be the end of the road.

18 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

it costs the same to make a mold in a new color as it does to make a new print. 

Holy crap, I always wondered. I feel so stupid for not getting this. Why would they be so sparse with recolours otherwise.

14 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Probably because some of them are kids that have lied on there age to get a account :head_back:

I am no stranger to complain myself, but the WW sets we got last year was amazing and judging from the leaks so far this years sets will be at least the same fabulous quality if not even better :wub: The theme is definitely some of Lego's fines work now, and we get a lot more for our money compared to most other sets especially licensed ones :wink:

The sets from last year were amazing and priced well too. Ironically everybody loves the sets now but when they were revealed last year, their were a whole lot of complaints about the figures and builds ( i.e. womping willow set).

Does anyone else still think it's a bit surreal we're getting a yule ball themed set? It's too good to be true ? 

21 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Does anyone else still think it's a bit surreal we're getting a yule ball themed set? It's too good to be true ? 

Yep, just doesn't seem like something they'd make. They must have a lot of faith in this theme 

5 hours ago, legogoblin2099 said:

The sets from last year were amazing and priced well too. Ironically everybody loves the sets now but when they were revealed last year, their were a whole lot of complaints about the figures and builds ( i.e. womping willow set).

Don't forget that abysmal "basilisk" build. 

Sooo.. I just wanna say I got my last missing minifigures from the series, and there are two issues:

1. Hermione's cat clutch power is horrid. (I remember a few of you commented on it)

2. LUNA'S BARE FACE SUDDENLY PEELED OFF. First the right side of the mouth, then 90% of it, and then her eyes. She is new, never been played with. WTH!!! 

Of course I messaged LEGO and told them about this. They offered a random replacement but even if it were the exact one, I'd be worried about the quality.

Woah, what's that smell, smells like the dark ages all over again *sniff sniff. No but seriously, bad quality is a nightmare. LEGO isn't cheap after all.

3 hours ago, CT-5503 said:

Don't forget that abysmal "basilisk" build. 

We have not forgot, but it is just a few bricks added for play-value for kids in an otherwise excellent set.. I am sure we will get a much better one in a future COS set so it will probably end up being a parentheses in the Lego HP history :wink:

16 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Sooo.. I just wanna say I got my last missing minifigures from the series, and there are two issues:

1. Hermione's cat clutch power is horrid. (I remember a few of you commented on it)

2. LUNA'S BARE FACE SUDDENLY PEELED OFF. First the right side of the mouth, then 90% of it, and then her eyes. She is new, never been played with. WTH!!! 

Of course I messaged LEGO and told them about this. They offered a random replacement but even if it were the exact one, I'd be worried about the quality.

Woah, what's that smell, smells like the dark ages all over again *sniff sniff. No but seriously, bad quality is a nightmare. LEGO isn't cheap after all.

I didn't have a problem with any CMF figures, I got the whole set plus a number of doubles (which I've since sold), though I did have a Slytherin player from the Quidditch set get his head stuck on so tight I can't get it off, which is annoying because I forgot to put his cape on first. But most complaints I've read have been with the CMF, which were previously made in a diffrent factory to other Lego, but I believe starting with the Lego Movie 2 CMF, they are being made in the main Lego factory, so hopefully the quality improves.

56 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I don't have any problems with Crookshanks or faces peeling off. 

Saying that, I actually DO have a problem with Crookshanks. It doesn't look anything like him and should've been a new mold

7 minutes ago, Decat said:

But I believe starting with the Lego Movie 2 CMF, they are being made in the main Lego factory, so hopefully the quality improves.

Really? I hope that's true. As far as I know they are all made in China. I've had the same issue with lego keychains, which I believe have the same megablok quality.

No problem whatsoever with non CMF sets though.

Edited by Otherworld

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Saying that, I actually DO have a problem with Crookshanks. It doesn't look anything like him and should've been a new mold

I assume the budget was used up again, since they made a new "cat" in the next series they could easily given him a new mould also if the money was there :sceptic:

2 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Don;t know if it is just me but I recently got a sealed Hogwarts Whomping Willow 75953 and most of the pieces where poor quality with lots of bumps on the edges (of course being bumped around in a bag doesn't help). As well as the minifigures torsos like the dementor from Hogwarts Express with bumped edges. 

Can't say I have ever noticed anything like this in other sets I have purchased before. Bit of a bummer.

2 hours ago, Jawaguy4 said:

Don;t know if it is just me but I recently got a sealed Hogwarts Whomping Willow 75953 and most of the pieces where poor quality with lots of bumps on the edges (of course being bumped around in a bag doesn't help). As well as the minifigures torsos like the dementor from Hogwarts Express with bumped edges. 

Can't say I have ever noticed anything like this in other sets I have purchased before. Bit of a bummer.

You could always ask for a replacement from lego

5 hours ago, Jawaguy4 said:

Lucky you because parts like those are easily replaceable, CMF parts are not. It sounds very strange however. By bumped edges do you mean they're worn? Like if you rubbed them against a rough surface?

I also got the great hall yesterday (finally) and it's muuuch bigger than I thought. I wonder what the size of the watch/clock tower will be!! Whomping willow + great hall + tower sounds like a pleasing view. I'm seriously thinking of selling my other sets to appreciate these new HP waves properly. The more sets I have the less I appreciate. 

36 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Lucky you because parts like those are easily replaceable, CMF parts are not. It sounds very strange however. By bumped edges do you mean they're worn? Like if you rubbed them against a rough surface?

I also got the great hall yesterday (finally) and it's muuuch bigger than I thought. I wonder what the size of the watch/clock tower will be!! Whomping willow + great hall + tower sounds like a pleasing view. I'm seriously thinking of selling my other sets to appreciate these new HP waves properly. The more sets I have the less I appreciate. 

Not really lucky him, with a cmf it is £3 to buy a new one but it’s a lot more expensive to buy a whole set (if all the pieces are bumped) and even if he/she were to replace only 5 pieces that’s 50p for pieces 10p/piece an postage will most likely be above £2.50 so it going to be more expensive just to buy a few pieces

Just now, RandomSniper109 said:

Not really lucky him, with a cmf it is £3 to buy a new one but it’s a lot more expensive to buy a whole set (if all the pieces are bumped) and even if he/she were to replace only 5 pieces that’s 50p for pieces 10p/piece an postage will most likely be above £2.50 so it going to be more expensive just to buy a few pieces

If you can prove that pieces are damaged and that you own the set then you can get replacement pieces for free

6 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I meant LEGO customer service replacements, not actually buying them.

9 hours ago, Otherworld said:

I have the same problem with Luna... 

13 hours ago, Decat said:

but I believe starting with the Lego Movie 2 CMF, they are being made in the main Lego factory, so hopefully the quality improves.

Huh, that explains how well my Wizard of Oz figures are made, I thought I just got lucky! When are we expecting a second HP series? I assume second series of 2020 at the earliest? Or maybe earlier considering how well the theme is doing?

Edited by Alegrispa

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

Huh, that explains how well my Wizard of Oz figures are made, I thought I just got lucky! When are we expecting a second HP series? I assume second series of 2020 at the earliest? Or maybe earlier considering how well the theme is doing?

Well the cmf coming out next month is the 2nd Disney one, and presumably in the fall we get this year’s unlicensed series. So yeah, 2020 at the earliest. But I suspect Lego will do it as soon as possible - the first one was insanely popular after all.