Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

On 3/24/2019 at 1:37 PM, TheRandomBlocker said:

There is NO stud shooter on the dragon, the prelim would’ve had it on, and there was no studshooter on the prelim

Did the prelim resemble the 41183 Dragon in any way, or was it closer to the golden dragon, because the 41183 dragon in brown and dark tan would be very close to the part count, with a few rocks and the figures, also did the prelim have a placeholder for the golden egg, if so which piece did they use because it might be the one they use in the actual set

2 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Did the prelim resemble the 41183 Dragon in any way, or was it closer to the golden dragon, because the 41183 dragon in brown and dark tan would be very close to the part count, with a few rocks and the figures, also did the prelim have a placeholder for the golden egg, if so which piece did they use because it might be the one they use in the actual set

Sorry, been busy today, to answer both yours and @HalfBloodPrincequestions, it didn’t really look like either, it was closer to the Elves dragon, but even that is an inaccurate description, there was an egg piece used, it was just the generic Easter egg piece, I’m presuming it will either be gold moulding with the scales printed, or it will just be gold, but it was white at TF

1 minute ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

You know, I am still confused on why Lego isn’t making a shreiking shack. They literally mentioned it in the Whomping Willow set.

A. There's no unique minifigs that would belong to the set besides maybe a new werewolf or padfoot mold. We already have Hermoine, Ron, Harry, Snape, Lupin, Black and assuming the Graveyard rumor is true, Pettigrew. 

B. There's not much playability to a Shrieking Shack set. It's just a rundown house, literally all the action happens in one room. 

I honestly don't get the hype behind the set. I could easily live without and agree with Lego's decision to exclude it for now. It's far from essential and they will probably eventually make it down the line. 

7 minutes ago, RODDY said:

A. There's no unique minifigs that would belong to the set besides maybe a new werewolf or padfoot mold. We already have Hermoine, Ron, Harry, Snape, Lupin, Black and assuming the Graveyard rumor is true, Pettigrew. 

B. There's not much playability to a Shrieking Shack set. It's just a rundown house, literally all the action happens in one room. 

I honestly don't get the hype behind the set. I could easily live without and agree with Lego's decision to exclude it for now. It's far from essential and they will probably eventually make it down the line. 

It does bear mentioning that the original Shrieking Shack back in 2004 included the Werewolf head and dog figure for Lupin and Sirius despite neither being shown transforming in the actual scene. This is understandable in a set made pre-movie release, but with Lego’s current deference to screen accuracy in the new sets, it poses the question of whether a new Shrieking Shack would have any exclusives at all. They’ll probably make one eventually, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if it got lumped into a Hogsmeade D2C. 

23 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I think most people who want a Shrieking Shack, including myself, are the ones who have read the books. In the movies its only important in just one scene in PoA, but in the books it plays a significantly larger role. During the Battle of Hogwarts the SS served as a main base of operations for Voldy and his Death Eaters, and this is also the very place where Voldy orders Nagini to kill Snape (which for some weird reason happens in the Hogwarts Boathouse in the movies).

But as it does at least have some significance to the movies they'll make it someday, just like the Chamber of Secrets. If they were never planning on making the Shack they wouldn't have made that hole in the Whomping Willow. 

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Those 3 new animal molds for Harry Potter wave is already for sale in SG. Just want to share.

3? Whats the third? Buckbeak, Stag Patronus and....?

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

3? Whats the third? Buckbeak, Stag Patronus and....?

Oh snap, my bad. It's the wolf from Ninjago I guess. Sorry my mistake.

19 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Are we even sure we’re getting Fang?

I'd just take it with a grain of salt for now, but people who went to TF did say Hagrid's Hut came with a ''horse and dog'' (horse being Buckbeack ofc)

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd just take it with a grain of salt for now, but people who went to TF did say Hagrid's Hut came with a ''horse and dog'' (horse being Buckbeack ofc)

Yes. The dog could theoretically be Fang or Padfoot, since both of them play roles in the particular scene Lego is going for. But I think more people are hoping for Fang, because it would mean a new mastiff mold. 

20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I remember the random blocker saying there may have been a dog but he didn’t say much about it. It would be nice to get both Fang and Padfoot but if we can only get one I would hope for Fang

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Smaug’s wings can fold in and are attached with a ball joint, so are extremely poseable.

Exactly. Smaug’s wings are as pose-able as they come, I’m not understanding why people think brick built blade wings are more pose-able. They even had movable finger claws!

Sorry for the double post

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I'm of two minds -- certainly it's cool to see new characters in a theme that sometimes lacked them, and I have a soft spot for Fudge, and we've needed a new Sirius even if he might need a little customizing for me... but overall, I'm always more invested in the 'evergreen' Hogwarts characters and a lot of these are hyperspecific to Goblet of Fire. I'm glad we'll have a Fleur in a collective sense but I'm just not sure I'd bother collecting her. I even like Cedric's design despite my distaste for the character.

Also, the fact Cedric has had adult legs in both his minifigures always looks wrong to me compared to the other short-legged students... I'm not stating this as a criticism but as a self-observation. There's a degree to which it does make sense... buti with Cho in particular, it looks a little awkward.

Do need that Hermione and Buckbeak though.

Padfoot was also included in the original knight bus set. I think for Hagrid's Hut, Fang would make more sense in Hagrid's Hut, wereas Padfoot could be in a number of sets.

Cedric uses normal legs because he's the same age as the other champions- 17/18- while Harry is younger.

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Exactly. Smaug’s wings are as pose-able as they come, I’m not understanding why people think brick built blade wings are more pose-able. They even had movable finger claws!

Sorry for the double post

My primary reason why I don't want Smaug's wings reused on the Horntail is because they would be way too big

23 minutes ago, Decat said:

I think for Hagrid's Hut, Fang would make more sense in Hagrid's Hut, wereas Padfoot could be in a number of sets.

Yes since we did not get Fang in the aragog set last year, this is our "only" (there is always CMF) chance before they restart on year 1-2 again in the future.. Padfoot could come in several sets this year or maybe in a set next year, so i prefer Fang if I have to choose between the two :tongue:

32 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

My primary reason why I don't want Smaug's wings reused on the Horntail is because they would be way too big

Good point. The wing situation is pretty much a trilemma then: they‘re either too big (Smaug‘s wings), too rigid (other dragon wings) or too mechanical-looking (brick-built). The only way out would be introducing new moulds, but I don‘t think that‘s all that likely :hmpf_bad:

46 minutes ago, Decat said:

Padfoot was also included in the original knight bus set. I think for Hagrid's Hut, Fang would make more sense in Hagrid's Hut, wereas Padfoot could be in a number of sets.

It‘s most likely one or the other since TheRandomBlocker said he thought there was only one dog in the whole display. If I had to choose, I‘d also prefer Fang since Padfoot can easily show up in another set while Fang only appears in scenes based around Hagrid‘s Hut and the Forbidden Forest :classic:

I don’t think Smaug’s wings would be too big at all honestly. The Horntail is pretty big. Smaug was actually scaled way down to pretty much Horntail size so I think it would work just fine

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t think Smaug’s wings would be too big at all honestly. The Horntail is pretty big. Smaug was actually scaled way down to pretty much Horntail size so I think it would work just fine

It doesn't matter how big creatures/characters are in movies, everything gets scaled down when it becomes a lego set. But you're not considering we're talking about a 30-35$ set which also contains sidebuilds, which means the Horntail will not be very large and Smaug's wings would be too big. And besides that, those wings have been retired long ago

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

And besides that, those wings have been retired long ago

The size is an issue, but this is not :wink: They bring back old parts all the time, 5 years isn‘t that much of a gap. A good example is Bellatrix‘s hairpiece which was brought back 7 years later :sweet:

53 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It doesn't matter how big creatures/characters are in movies, everything gets scaled down when it becomes a lego set. But you're not considering we're talking about a 30-35$ set which also contains sidebuilds, which means the Horntail will not be very large and Smaug's wings would be too big. And besides that, those wings have been retired long ago

They only scale it down if they have to. Obviously Smaug is way too big to be minifigure scale so he had to be scaled down. But the Horntail is very doable at minifigure scale or very close to it at least. I really don’t think the size would have to be an issue. The Horntail should be about the size of Smaug, maybe only a little smaller. I mean wouldn’t you want a fairly realistically sized Horntail? And it’s not like the Horntail is so massive in the movie that they have to scale it down a lot

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth