Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Otherworld said:

Is anyone else more excited for this wave than the previous one? I am lol.

Me too :thumbup: Last year was mostly a re-introducting of the theme, but this year the proper expansion can begin, something the 2011 wave didn’t provide as much as this one will. Of course there’s the remakes of the Knight Bus and Hagrid’s Hut, but a lot of the other stuff is either something we haven’t seen remade at all or even truly new :laugh:

Just now, Otherworld said:

I wish the stag would've gotten head mobility but oh well. I am heaps excited to see the new Sirius. And more dementors are welcome, I looove the new design but I haven't bought the Hogwarts Express.

I am more excited aha, because it is more sets for the Goblet of Fire, back in 2005 they only made 4 or 5 sets for that specific film. I have ALWAYS wanted a new updated set of the first task, like a new dragon design, new Harry design in his first task robes etc. But also we now know for the Prisoner of Azkaban sets we are getting a new moulded Buckbeak and Stag which is such an improvement and upgrade from the brick built creatures we got last year, looks like Lego has really made an effort with Harry Potter this year, they could have easily gone with brick built creatures again but they didn't aha. I think my main excitement is we are getting more scene specific sets like the Triwizard dragon task, Yule Ball, Patronus scene etc which I am really excited to see pictures of.

Those animal moulds are solid. Good job Lego! 

Very excited for this wave as it’s providing a great deal more than in 2011. Can’t wait to see Hagrid’s Hut after seeing Buckbeak. 

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Those animal moulds are solid. Good job Lego! 

Very excited for this wave as it’s providing a great deal more than in 2011. Can’t wait to see Hagrid’s Hut after seeing Buckbeak. 

I hope we get the pumpkin patch area next to the hut, like with some huge brick built pumpkins maybe? Also the part where Buckbeak is tied up to can be connected to the pumpkin patch. It's so you can hide Harry and Hermione behind the pumpkins like from the time travel scene aha.

Edited by Lego Lad
Spelling Mistake.

Just now, Lego Lad said:

I hope we get the pumpkin patch area next to the hut, like with some huge brick built pumpkins maybe? Also the part where Buckbeak is tied up to can be connected to the pumpkin patch. It's so you can hide Harry and Hermione behind the pumpkins like from the time travel scene aha.

Was just thinking the same! Would make the set have a real POA feel- Buckbeak isn’t enough clearly :wink:

Does anyone know if Walden Macnair is in the set from the leaks? 

7 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I wish the stag would've gotten head mobility but oh well. I am heaps excited to see the new Sirius. And more dementors are welcome, I looove the new design but I haven't bought the Hogwarts Express.

Definetly because Goblet Of Fire was always the movie with the most unique set ideas in the HP line. Yes, I love expanding the castle and that's always cool but how can you beat a Dragon Chase, a rescue from vicious Mermaids, literally a wizarding prom, and a creepy graveyard? 

Was just thinking the same! Would make the set have a real POA feel- Buckbeak isn’t enough clearly :wink:

Does anyone know if Walden Macnair is in the set from the leaks? 

Yes on Macnair

Just now, RODDY said:

Definetly because Goblet Of Fire was always the movie with the most unique set ideas in the HP line. Yes, I love expanding the castle and that's always cool but how can you beat a Dragon Chase, a rescue from vicious Mermaids, literally a wizarding prom, and a creepy graveyard? 

Yes on Macnair

Thanks mate. Sounds good. 

Are the Graveyard + Mermaid rescue sets? Sorry I haven’t been keeping up with leaks because nowadays people just splurge out nonsense.

Thanks mate. Sounds good. 

Are the Graveyard + Mermaid rescue sets? Sorry I haven’t been keeping up with leaks because nowadays people just splurge out nonsense.

Np.

Though the Graveyard is rumored for August,  Merpeople is not.  But I was saying in regards to set ideas not actual sets. 

Just now, RODDY said:

Np.

Though the Graveyard is rumored for August,  Merpeople is not.  But I was saying in regards to set ideas not actual sets. 

Okay thanks for clearing that up. 

Would be surprised if they did a graveyard set considering there’s one coming out in that other theme. 

Would be a very nice set though. 

Can I just say though I am so happy we are getting another new wave of Lego Harry Potter this year, I was scared we was only going to get those sets from last year and that was it, like for good. I am still a bit worried though, I feel like maybe after this year and next year they might just give it up again? Like in 2011? I really hope Lego doesn't stop making Harry Potter sets and just ends up making a few Fantastic Beasts sets and that's it. There is still a big fan base for Harry Potter Lego sets, and obviously they would have made a lot of money from the sets last year, and people will still be willing to pay a lot of money for new sets. Lego always makes new sets every year for Star Wars based on the original old trilogy and prequel films, so why can't they keep Harry Potter as a theme every year from now on?

1 minute ago, Lego Lad said:

Lego always makes new sets every year for Star Wars based on the original old trilogy and prequel films, so why can't they keep Harry Potter as a theme every year from now on?

Star Wars sells, if Harry Potter does the same they will continue making them

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Star Wars sells, if Harry Potter does the same they will continue making them

*Fingers crossed* aha. Honestly though, there are so many more sets they could do for Harry Potter, like new parts of the castle as play sets, different areas as smaller sets, new specific scenes from each film we haven't got before and there is still characters they haven't updated with new prints or even made into minifigs yet. I know it's probably been mentioned a lot, but hopefully next year or whenever we do end up with a new Chamber of Secrets set, with a better basilisk with a moulded printed head piece. Also it's strange we still haven't got a new updated young teen Ginny Weasley minifig wearing the school uniform or something yet, I'm surprised they haven't thrown her into any of these upcoming sets, I'm guessing she will be in next year's wave of sets (if we do get more) or she will be in the Harry Potter CMF series 2 (if they make them).

Just woke up to the leaks! Absolutely love the new stag and Buckbeak molds! 

Can’t wait to see Buckbeak with his wings. 

Gotta say, even with all the set description leaks we’ve been getting from multiple sources, I couldn’t quite believe that we’d get a stag patronus mold. So glad we’re really getting one though, that thing is gorgeous. 

Now that Lego has made one patronus, I really hope we’ll get a DA set with some others. The horse, terrier and rabbit/hare molds already exist for Ginny, Ron and Luna. All theyd need is an otter for Hermione. (And who doesn’t love otters? Definitely a reusable mold)

On 3/2/2019 at 11:47 AM, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

When are these sets rumored to release? April or June?

also I’m really happy with this wave! Love the fact we’re getting the horntail, buck beak and Sirius, as well as the four champions and the stag, really nice! 

I think the only thing I’d be left wanting is a werewolf lupin, but given the nature of that character I don’t think a minifigure would cut it, I’d love to have something similar to the general grevious fig as far as the mold. Any thoughts?

These kits are all rumored to release in July or August of this year, but a few might sneak past a little earlier... with eight sets known to me as of right now, the list keeps getting more and more unwieldy....

On 3/2/2019 at 3:41 AM, The Dangerous HC said:

Jeez I’ve been away for a while, what’s crackalacking? Anyway, reason I quoted this, Macnair was in Goblet of Fire but literally only as a name for Voldemort to say as he’s scoulding his death eaters

Well, I mean, he's best known for being one of the Ministry of Magic fellows who wanted Buckbeak executed, so that's his reason for being in 75947.

75945 Expecto Patronum - $14.99 US

75946 Triwizard Tournament - $34.99 US

75947 Hagrid's Hut with Buckbeak Rescue - $49.99 US

75948 Hogwarts Clock Tower - $89.99 US

75957 LEGO Harry Potter Advent Calendar - $39.99 US

75958 Confidential - ~$54.99 US

75964 Confidential - $39.99 US

75965 Confidential - $14.99 US

Edited by Azani

Just now, Azani said:

These kits are all rumored to release in July or August of this year, but a few might sneak past a little earlier... with eight sets known to me as of right now, the list keeps getting more and more unwieldy....

Well, I mean, he's best known for being one of the Ministry of Magic fellows who wanted Buckbeak executed, so that's his reason for being in 75947.

75958 Confidential

75964 Confidential

75965 Confidential

Despite the large number of sets, it certainly seems that it will cost about the same as last wave (not that I actually did any math, just eye-balling it)

Just now, Azani said:

I thought they would come out on june 1st, a lot of people have said so

It seems the actual set will be exactly like the fake edit that has been posted here several times :oh:

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

5 in June, 2 in August and 1 in September from what we've heard :wink:

That sounds about right to me. :P

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

5 in June, 2 in August and 1 in September from what we've heard :wink:

I’m still confused as to why there’s a second wave in August though. (Not the September one, that’s the alleged advent calendar)

I mean, last year we got 5 in July and 2 in August, but the separate 2 were Fantastic Beasts sets. I know some people have claimed we’re not getting any this year, but those 2 set are still super under wraps and why else split up what could’ve been a 7 set wave?

(And you can’t just say they’re marked as Harry Potter on a leaked list, the FB sets are sorted with the Harry Potter theme on the Lego website, clearly it’s treated as interchangeable for them)

14 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

And you can’t just say they’re marked as Harry Potter on a leaked list, the FB sets are sorted with the Harry Potter theme on the Lego website, clearly it’s treated as interchangeable for them

That’s where you’re wrong, Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts are both under the Wizarding World’s theme, however the list would say “Fantastic Beasts” if they were fantastic beasts sets, so yeah, they’re all Harry Potter

Ooh if this theme keeps going then the possibilites are endless! Room of requirement, a bit of the ministry, classrooms, gilderoy with the pixies, bathroom with Myrtle, remake of privet drive with the 3 megablocks, Dumbledore's office, the Lestrange Vault, etc etc. Not to mention important scenes from the first two like the chamber of secrets, Fluffy and the bathroom troll. I reckon the scenes must have some action or important role in the movies. That's why the Yule Ball sounded weird to me (all happy, no action) but I guess that's why they added more rooms to the set with other scenes (as rumoured)

Edited by Otherworld
WOW Eurobricks swear filter changed "a**es* to megablocks!??? Clever!

1 hour ago, Azani said:

Is the Knightbus one of the ‘confidential’ sets? 

Is the Knightbus one of the ‘confidential’ sets? 

That’s the rumor based on the list that leaked a while back and TheRandomBlocker’s information

1 hour ago, Azani said:

Awesome! I’m surprised that everything cheaper than previous lists have said. I have a feeling Sirius won’t be in the £13 set, 3 figures plus moulded creature seems a bit much. 

I hope the uk get them all on the same release day as America this time round. We just got one big wave in August last year due to one of the American stores having a 2 month exclusivity deal.

i hope the other £13 Set end up being a students pack, like a generic classroom, maybe with a recognisable teacher, but then generic students from each house.

Perhaps the knight bus is in fact the $40 Set rather than the $55, would make sense it be cheaper if there’s no side build.