Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

The long limbed, scrawny boned werewolf that Lupin changes into in the movies is actually pretty scary, especially when you are a kid so I can't see Lego replicating that in a mould. And whilst I could understand Lego using the standard wolf head for transformed werewolf Lupin, I would not be at all surprised if they did in fact use this leaked wolf mould in a dark grey for Lupin. As @Acurasaid, the basic definition for a werewolf is someone who transforms into a wolf and also I'm sure it is commented in the books that Sirius and James needed their animagus' size to keep Lupin under control. Therefore, in terms of size, a minifigure with a wolf head really doesn't work for transformed Lupin. With this wolf mould, kids could make Lupin have a good old fight with the stag (yes I know it's a patronus stag, but imagination...) and any potential animagus Sirus dog mould. But I can see potential for both avenues ...

If there's one thing Lego have proven with this theme its that they're not skimping on new animal molds: the niffler, Scabbers, thestral, patronus, buckbeak, thunderbirds head and Nagini all prove this! I speculate that if a werewolf Lupin figure is made it will be in a minifigure series, not a set and that he will look a bit like this https://imgur.com/gallery/MqstnqG just with extra fur printing and the gargoyle legs in grey. 

Anyway, hopefully now that lego have made one transparent animal with the stag they will mold more animals in the same colour for a Dumbledore's Army set next year (hopefully). I could see an Astronomy Tower set happening with the Room of Requirement, Umbridge's Office and the room where Draco confronts Dumbledore for scenes from Order of the Pheonix/Half-Blood Prince. 

Ok...

1. A werewolf is a fictional creature, it can look however it damn well pleases 

2. If a werewolf/wolf discussion is too intense, could we just talk about the other confirmed things like Stags and Buckbeaks maybe? 

3. On the leaks--Eurobricks will not censor discussion. As this is the HP thread, you can always discuss Lego Harry Potter here.

•  Eurobricks however does not allow leaked images to be posted on our site. Leaked images will be removed on sight and in certain instances the members who posted them as well. Posting leaked images here makes Eurobricks susceptible to legal attack and general disapproval from various License holders and the Lego group themselves. It also just reflects badly on the site as a whole, because we're better than that. Don't post leaked images. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'd honestly just expect the build to be a small tree

That's the most likely option as we got the same with the Aragog set last year which I really enjoyed! The more small trees we get in sets the easier it is to start making a proper Forbidden Forest! :excited:

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

They are simply amazing :grin_wub: *Cue complaints about TLG releasing a trans-blue deer before a proper one*

So, looks like @TheRandomBlocker was right all along, so far everything he’s said turned out to be true :wink:

I want all the people who were insulting and questioning Random Bricker come out and apologize right now.

Second of all you know what that Patronus has to be the most beautiful lego piece of all time, hands down. If it means getting an inaccurate minifig in Victor Krum, tradeoff is worth it. 

Just now, RODDY said:

Second of all you know what that Patronus has to be the most beautiful lego piece of all time, hands down. If it means getting an inaccurate minifig in Victor Krum, tradeoff is worth it. 

I’ll second that, inaccurate face for a pretty perfect new animal mould, I’m all for that

Just now, RODDY said:

I want all the people who were insulting and questioning Random Bricker come out and apologize right now.

Honestly, I don’t want that, people were rude, I don’t care, people know that my information was correct so that’s all I wanted to happen

Just now, RODDY said:

There were rumours about the stag and buckbeak way before he said anything. These leaks don’t really prove him right. He could still have all the Minifigures wrong

stag is beautiful though, and so is buckbeak!

Edited by Whovastron

Just now, RODDY said:

If it means getting an inaccurate minifig in Victor Krum, tradeoff is worth it. 

Exactly. Moulds > prints any day :laugh: With those two new moulds (and possibly 2-3 more), they’ve already drained their budget quite a bit and this time, they probably can’t leech off Jurassic World’s budget again :grin:

Just now, Whovastron said:

There were rumours about the stag and buckbeak way before he said anything. These leaks don’t really prove him right. He could still have all the Minifigures wrong

He has the first task figures right too. Chances are his list is legit. 

Just now, RODDY said:

He has the first task figures right too. Chances are his list is legit. 

Fair enough, but again that could still be guess work. I’m not trying to say he’s wrong, just that it might be a bit early to be calling people to apologise. 

That stag mold looks perfect, and Buckbeak is nice as well. Buckbeak just seems a little under detailed to me. I wish he had some printed or molded feathers on his body, or moveable legs. But it seems moveable legs only works on animals with a 1x2 cavity in their body, and Buckbeak and the Thestral both require a 2x2 open space to fit their wing attachment points. 

Speaking of wings: which of the current moulds do you think fits best (assuming Buckbeak’s wings aren’t new moulds)? The eagle wings are probably too large, but the ones they used on the Thunderbird might work? Or some from the Elves line (if those aren’t the same as the others I’ve mentioned) :grin:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Speaking of wings: which of the current moulds do you think fits best (assuming Buckbeak’s wings aren’t new moulds)? The eagle wings are probably too large, but the ones they used on the Thunderbird might work? Or some from the Elves line (if those aren’t the same as the others I’ve mentioned) :grin:

There’s a Pegasus in the elves line which is pretty much perfect. I’d love to get alternate folded up wings too though

I’ve just looked at the current feathered wing parts on bricklink and there’s two different types: the eagle wings (which were the same as the ones used for the Thunderbird, my bad :grin:) and the pegasus wings, which were also used for the Occamy, so neither type are strangers to the WW theme :wink: 

35 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Fair enough, but again that could still be guess work. I’m not trying to say he’s wrong, just that it might be a bit early to be calling people to apologise. 

Honestly I would really like to thank the Random Bricker for what he told us but I don't think cluttering up the thread with apologies is necessary: leaks should always be treated with scrutiny otherwise we'll be speculating about the sets with too high expectations! Also just a reminder that he gave us the details that Krum would come in a Yule Ball set before parts of his minifigure leaked :wink:

Personally I'm more excited to see other parts of his details emerge! We're finally going to get another Sirius minifigure, and in the cheapest set as well. I also can't wait to see Macnair and Fang in the Hagrid's Hut set and the Horntail in the First Task set.

5 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Honestly I would really like to thank the Random Bricker for what he told us but I don't think cluttering up the thread with apologies is necessary: leaks should always be treated with scrutiny otherwise we'll be speculating about the sets with too high expectations! Also just a reminder that he gave us the details that Krum would come in a Yule Ball set before parts of his minifigure leaked :wink:

Personally I'm more excited to see other parts of his details emerge! We're finally going to get another Sirius minifigure, and in the cheapest set as well. I also can't wait to see Macnair and Fang in the Hagrid's Hut set and the Horntail in the First Task set.

He also got Harry and Fleur in their Yule Ball costumes right before the torsos leaked

The Stag and Buckbeak are beautiful :wub: I agree Buckbeak could have had a tad more detailing on his sides. But still a solid mound nonetheless. 

Believe it or not, if you read into Mr Random's points from earlier, there is more than just those things that were correct. Not giving any hints though.

I'm not agreeing or saying it is all going to happen though.

Take my words as only those and nothing more. Don't show too much negative feedback to others as this discussion if for people to share. Doubt, but don't attack.

Edited by Acura

Wow the new Buckbeak and stag patronus look amazing! I had hoped buckbeak would be able to stand up on his hind legs like the modern horse mold but it's by no means a deal breaker. He's going to look great with the eagle/Pegasus wings attached! Do we know what set he's coming in? I really hope it's Hagrid's Hut as that set will be a must have for me no matter what. The new stag mold looks amazing, especially with the silver flakes in it. I do wish it could at least move its head up and down but it's not a huge deal. It's amazing we're getting such a great new mold in such a cheap little set. 

Edited by ToaDraco

The fact the stag piece is a brand new mould and not some brick built animal, is incredible. This is why I love Harry Potter sets, we will be getting the stag in a small cheap set, which is easy for everyone to get and affordable, I will be picking up that set the day it comes out, might even buy another to keep in the box aha. Love the stag being in a clear see through plastic and love the sparkly glitter bits inside it's a nice added touch Lego could have skipped out on. I'm also happy Buckbeak is moulded, and we didn't just get that brick built version that came in that Lego Dimensions pack with Hermione, could you imagine if we got that?.. lol. I don't mind the small simple printing on the head part, I feel like more simple printing is more effective than going over the top with too much and I actually really like how his front leg is curved like how he poses in the film.

Wow, I'm loving these leaks! That sparkly patronus deer and Buckbeak look great, although as others have said for Buckbeak I would have preferred more articulation than just the neck moving up and down. They can do it for horses so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for ol Witherwings...probably because the "cavity" in the middle is 2x2 as opposed to 1x2 studs wide.

Also, it seems to be have been overlooked that the leaked wolf mold actually has a weird "triple" tail and so if LEGO were to introduce a Lupin werewolf or even a Sirius Animagus in the new sets, they would definitely not be able to use the white wolf's mold.

Is anyone else more excited for this wave than the previous one? I am lol.

I wish the stag would've gotten head mobility but oh well. I am heaps excited to see the new Sirius. And more dementors are welcome, I looove the new design but I haven't bought the Hogwarts Express.

Just now, Otherworld said:

Is anyone else more excited for this wave than the previous one? I am lol.

I wish the stag would've gotten head mobility but oh well. I am heaps excited to see the new Sirius. And more dementors are welcome, I looove the new design but I haven't bought the Hogwarts Express.

This wave is looking incredible but I'll be honest I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of Slytherin/Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff uniform representation that the first wave did so well particularly in rectifying those absences from earlier Harry Potter sets. If (when) they come out with a CMF series 2 though, all would be forgiven. Also having bought the Hogwarts Express I'm torn on whether I prefer the older version, I too love the new design but one thing it lacks is the flowy cloth cape. Still going to get the set, if only for Sirius and the patronus!  On that note, it's a bit off topic but if anyone could direct me to a subreddit or something that lists what type of fabric LEGO uses for its (soft) cloth capes, that would be really appreciated. :classic:

Edited by GalacticHippo