Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I also really hope Dumbledore has an exclusive Yule Ball print instead of reusing the CMF version

They could always take inspiration from the book. IIRC Dumbledore’s Yule Ball robes were purple with moons and stars :purrr:

34 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

They could always take inspiration from the book. IIRC Dumbledore’s Yule Ball robes were purple with moons and stars :purrr:

That would be amazing and a great throwback to the old Harry Potter capes, like the purple on Snape's outfit was a throwback to the original. 

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I also really hope Dumbledore has an exclusive Yule Ball print instead of reusing the CMF version

People would go mad if lego starts reusing CMF figures in sets

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

People would go mad if lego starts reusing CMF figures in sets

It happened before, but only rarely luckily :wink: They could easily omit his hat or use a different facial expression (an angry DIDYAHPUTYAHNAMEINDAGOBLETOFFIYAH version, anyone? :laugh:)

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It happened before, but only rarely luckily :wink: They could easily omit his hat or use a different facial expression (an angry DIDYAHPUTYAHNAMEINDAGOBLETOFFIYAH version, anyone? :laugh:)

He asked calmly.

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Obviously we can’t say for sure, but ultimately I think there’s a logistical reason why the brooms are made out of soft plastic instead of hard. It’s also prudent to remember that minifigure legs have thier limitations, so adding the footrests that the movie props have wouldn’t be of much use. 

Ultimately, I think the designers would rather use the mold budget on new hairstyles and animals 

I think new mould could worth if it’s something like this: regular bar at the front, then becomes thin so Minifigures legs can go either side of it, then go back to a bar with some sort of stud connect on the end, so you can attach different styles of broom heads, would also make it a more versatile part that could be used elsewhere

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Ultimately, I think the designers would rather use the mold budget on new hairstyles and ANIMALS

Hope you are right :wink:

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I also really hope Dumbledore has an exclusive Yule Ball print instead of reusing the CMF Version

I'm sure that they don't reusing the CMF Version.

I think we either get him in his Yule Ball Outfit or in same version like in the great hall set, robe only coloured blue instead of red.

34 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I think new mould could worth if it’s something like this: regular bar at the front, then becomes thin so Minifigures legs can go either side of it, then go back to a bar with some sort of stud connect on the end, so you can attach different styles of broom heads, would also make it a more versatile part that could be used elsewhere

They would never do that, its way too fragile. Especially since the space between minifigure legs is very small and the broom is esentially just a straight stick. With things like bycicles it works, but they are also hold together by other, thicker bars. 

Since the sets are based mainly on the films, I think yule ball Dumbledore's robes would likley be silver, as I believe that's what they are in the film.

But I'd like to know why we haven't got Fred, George and Ginny yet?

9 minutes ago, Decat said:

Since the sets are based mainly on the films, I think yule ball Dumbledore's robes would likley be silver, as I believe that's what they are in the film.

For movies 1 to 4 Ginny basically only had a big role in the Chamber of Secrets, which we won't get yet. I strongly believe they just wait for the right sets to put her in. For Fred and George I kinda have the feeling we might see them in the advent calendar but besides that we don't really have a set they could appear in. The clock tower would've been the logical place because of the marauders map, but it's most likely gof based. They're also visually quite boring figures to get since they always wear the exact same thing, the only difference in their appearance was with Christmas and in 7/8 where 1 was missing an ear (but all Lego figures are missing ears) and the other was missing a life

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

For movies 1 to 4 Ginny basically only had a big role in the Chamber of Secrets, which we won't get yet. I strongly believe they just wait for the right sets to put her in. For Fred and George I kinda have the feeling we might see them in the advent calendar but besides that we don't really have a set they could appear in. The clock tower would've been the logical place because of the marauders map, but it's most likely gof based. They're also visually quite boring figures to get since they always wear the exact same thing, the only difference in their appearance was with Christmas and in 7/8 where 1 was missing an ear (but all Lego figures are missing ears) and the other was missing a life

I totally agree that they are visually quite boring.

I think we will get them if there is some kind of room of requirements set in the next wave.

Btw I'm really happy with the minifigure selection so far.

The lack of Weasleys so far is really peculiar, that’s the one thing the 2010/2011 iteration has over the recent one :classic: The advent calendar would be a good way to remedy that.

46 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

[...] and the other was missing a life

Too soon :cry_sad:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They would never do that, its way too fragile. Especially since the space between minifigure legs is very small and the broom is esentially just a straight stick. With things like bycicles it works, but they are also hold together by other, thicker bars. 

There’s pieces out there as fragile as the one I suggested, and ye fragility could be remedied by the soft plastic.

11 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I‘ve just looked at pictures of the costume used in the scene and I think it looks different enough to warrant a new minifig variant :thumbup:

Just now, Whovastron said:

There’s pieces out there as fragile as the one I suggested, and ye fragility could be remedied by the soft plastic.

Not a bad idea at all, but like @Accio Lego, I‘d prefer them to spend their budget on more interesting parts :wink: 

Speaking of which: I‘m excited to see how many new moulds we can expect for this year. It surely will be less than last year‘s sets which introduced a ton of new moulds, even without the CMF series. The main source of new moulds will probably be hair pieces and animal parts rather than accessories, can‘t think of any that would require (and justify) new moulds...

6 hours ago, Decat said:

As other people have already pointed out, there simply haven’t been any sets that they’d fit in yet. During the first series of waves, Ginny only appeared in the CoS set and 2 2010 sets based off HBP. Fred and George only ever appeared in the Diagon Alley set in thier WWW suits. Hopefully, Lego will properly flesh out the sets based off OotP onward, and we’ll start seeing more of them then. (Fingers crosses for a WWW set)

Just now, Accio Lego said:

As other people have already pointed out, there simply haven’t been any sets that they’d fit in yet. During the first series of waves, Ginny only appeared in the CoS set and 2 2010 sets based off HBP. Fred and George only ever appeared in the Diagon Alley set in thier WWW suits. Hopefully, Lego will properly flesh out the sets based off OotP onward, and we’ll start seeing more of them then. (Fingers crosses for a WWW set)

The next wave will definitely contain sets from OotP, so maybe we'll get a Room of Requirement in some form (on its own or as part of a larger tower). I can definitely see Ginny fitting in there, and she'd also fit well in a Half-Blood Prince version of the Burrow, if they do that again.

Yesterday I was on Google image and IG, looking for the faces people are talking about in the thread CMF Disney 2, I didn't find them but I've seen a WZ set I didn't know : Hagrid hut with 2 roofs, Hermione, Harry and Dumbledore with the new wand, a new mold for Buck (smaller and not mountable), Hagrid with pink umbrella and T-Bone Steak, the executioner with axe and pumpkin, a tree and the new spider in black. The only snag is that the owls seem to be monocolor.

Is that real ?

Just now, notpennysboat said:

Yesterday I was on Google image and IG, looking for the faces people are talking about in the thread CMF Disney 2, I didn't find them but I've seen a WZ set I didn't know : Hagrid hut with 2 roofs, Hermione, Harry and Dumbledore with the new wand, a new mold for Buck (smaller and not mountable), Hagrid with pink umbrella and T-Bone Steak, the executioner with axe and pumpkin, a tree and the new spider in black. The only snag is that the owls seem to be monocolor.

Is that real ?

It’s a custom 

Just now, notpennysboat said:

Is that real ?

It’s fake

1 hour ago, Queen Whatevra WaNabi said:

The next wave will definitely contain sets from OotP, so maybe we'll get a Room of Requirement in some form (on its own or as part of a larger tower). I can definitely see Ginny fitting in there, and she'd also fit well in a Half-Blood Prince version of the Burrow, if they do that again.

As far as a new Burrow set goes, I’m personally hoping we get a Deathly Hallows version, that includes the slightly spruced up house and wedding tent, rather than another HBP version. 

The old Burrow set is the only new concept that was tackled in the 2010 wave, the only one that was solely focused on HBP, and arguably the set from that time that has aged the best. I’m not sure how much it could be improved upon in a straight up remake, but a DH1 version would allow for some new elements (and yes we all love Bellatrix, but there are plenty of other places she could appear if Lego gives us a decent number of sets based of the later movies)