Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Don't get your hopes up though 

I had to learn that the hard way in 2014 when I expected the Hobbit sets to be on display at NYTF, and then they weren't, despite having been on display at the London Toy Fair... Sounds silly, but I've probably never been as disappointed as I was that day. At least the HP sets are released in June :tongue:

57 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I had to learn that the hard way in 2014 when I expected the Hobbit sets to be on display at NYTF, and then they weren't, despite having been on display at the London Toy Fair... Sounds silly, but I've probably never been as disappointed as I was that day. At least the HP sets are released in June :tongue:

I will never forgive lego for ending the middle earth theme prematurely

A small note, but the Diagon Alley miniature set is for sale in the LEGO store at Leicester Square... fortunately popped in there after an event nearby... selling for £19, but quite a number on the shelves, and much cheaper than scalper prices on eBay! 

Edited by The Real Walkers

It’s a huge bummer that we got zero HP information from TF today but honestly, more and more information  will probably start coming in soon enough anyway. 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Still my favorite theme. But I never got my hands on all the sets. At least I have the Tower of Orthanc and the Hobbit Hole though, as those are my two favorite sets from the theme.

11 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I honestly didn’t even realise that that is how it works ?

Just post something in some threads. Then you can send everybody a letter in the PM section.

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah, I only got into the Middle Earth saga around DoS. So it was already too late to pick up most of the sets. Same with Harry Potter btw

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah, I only got into the Middle Earth saga around DoS. So it was already too late to pick up most of the sets. Same with Harry Potter btw

Well they brought back Harry Potter. Maybe there's hope for the Middle Earth theme.

45 minutes ago, CT-5503 said:

Well they brought back Harry Potter. Maybe there's hope for the Middle Earth theme.

The theme was popular among adults (me included, I loved every single set and still do), but I don’t think it did all that well, as evidenced by the lack of LOTR sets in 2014. The Wizarding World and Middle-Earth franchises were both huge successes for WB, but in terms of merchandise, the former always had the upper hand, which makes sense when considering the target audience :wink: Never say never, but I don’t think it’ll return, which is compounded by the fact we’re not getting any movies anymore (the Amazon series doesn’t count).

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The theme was popular among adults (me included, I loved every single set and still do), but I don’t think it did all that well, as evidenced by the lack of LOTR sets in 2014. The Wizarding World and Middle-Earth franchises were both huge successes for WB, but in terms of merchandise, the former always had the upper hand, which makes sense when considering the target audience :wink: Never say never, but I don’t think it’ll return, which is compounded by the fact we’re not getting any movies anymore (the Amazon series doesn’t count).

If they could just make one more set, I'd be happy and never ask for anything else from them again. It's a crime that we never got a Minas Tirith set. I've seen some amazing microscale Mocs, and I really wish Lego had made a set. Plus we never got a Denathor or Witch King of Angmar figure, nor a Nazgul Fellbeast.

Are 2HY sets in production yet? Basically what I’m asking is could we start seeing minifig leaks soon? Or is it still too early for that. I beleive last year we didn’t start getting leaks until around March but I don’t entirely remember

I think the minifig leaks started in late April or early May (and the first one was Snape, if I recall correctly) :wink: Our best chance for any info at the moment is NYTF since t’s too early for factory leaks and retailer catalogues aren’t leaked as consistently as they used to and more often than not they’re just full of pictures of blank boxes, making them exceedingly useless to us :grin: 

Yeah, leaks last year started 4 months before release dates so, maybe we will start having pictures at the end of february or the beginning of march :O

On 1/28/2019 at 4:31 PM, The Dangerous HC said:

Click the link and swipe through the images, the pages shared in here are just little snippets from Amazon ?

I finally managed to score the Great Hall! Does anyone know what the yellow frog represents?

Just now, The Pearson said:

I finally managed to score the Great Hall! Does anyone know what the yellow frog represents?

IIRC it is just supposed to be some form of statue topper, don’t think it’s supposed to be anything else

36 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

I like to think of it as the frog in the school choir from the third film...

58 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

I thought it might be Trevor the toad.

From Harry Potter wiki: 'Neville eventually found Trevor once reaching Hogwarts in one of the boats after Hagrid asks Neville about Trevor.'

So the fact it is on a statue outside the front doors just where the boat docks makes sense.

Edited by BacktoBricks

It's a toad, on a stool. It's a pun. No, really! Mark Stafford confirmed as much, but he also said he enjoys seeing others' interpretations.

5 hours ago, The Pearson said:

I always thought it was supposed to be a chocolate frog in its wrapping (even though the wrapping looks way different in the movies)

So recent Harry Potter leaks seem to be confirming the theory that the previous leaks were placed in price order. With the cheapest being expecto patronum at €19,99

Edited by Huigberts Builds
Changed into Harry Potter related post

So the expecto patronum set has just been confirmed to retail for 20$ and include 121 pieces. So I guess this set will indeed be similair to a battle pack, 4 figures and a small build. So I'd guess it includes Sirius, Harry and 2 Dementors as figures and Harry's Patronus as the small built

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So the expecto patronum set has just been confirmed to retail for 20$ and include 121 pieces. So I guess this set will indeed be similair to a battle pack, 4 figures and a small build. So I'd guess it includes Sirius, Harry and 2 Dementors as figures and Harry's Patronus as the small built

Or it could be like the Aragog set with only 2 minifiguren. I think giving us 4 minifigures with 2 dementors Will be very generous. I would't mind it, but I also wouldn't hope on it.