Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Whovastron said:

Not really any reason not to share, leakers are allowed

my reasons for not sharing is that it is quite a bit of info and it could easily be traced back to who I actually am and I'm not supposed to be sharing this information, so I am using a fake account that isn't linked to my official one so that I'm not risking anything, I will share any info with you if you message, but I won't do it in this forum where my source could potentially find out and cut all ties with me

17 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I have some info on these sets, I am not willing to share it in this forum as I am actually a current user using an alternate account, I will share my name to anyone who messages me and I will also share my information if I decide that I can trust you, message away amigos

Feels bad when I am a new member, can't send any messages to you.

Just now, Jawaguy4 said:

Feels bad when I am a new member, can't send any messages to you.

unfortunately due to the fact that I have only just set up this account I cannot send messages either, once you can send messages feel free to message me

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

unfortunately due to the fact that I have only just set up this account I cannot send messages either, once you can send messages feel free to message me

Yup same here

On 1/26/2019 at 3:26 AM, Brick Cucumber said:

Do we know if the Hogwarts Clocktower is going to be the same design as the Hogwarts sets from last year? Presumably it is going to be able to connect because of the spaces they left in the last two builds. This probably means that it's going to have a base level and be hollow on one side, similar to the other Hogwarts sets. So it'll probably be as small as the original one.

Yeah but I hope we can attach it with a bit more depth so that the castles don't just connect in a line. That wouldn't look very good in my opinion.

Some have gone to great lengths to try and develop plan-view drawings of how the castle is laid out.  I don't think these drawings are 'canon', but I have found several on the internet and they seem to follow a similar trend.  They show that the part of the castle which was provided int he Whomping Willow set forms the front of a quad structure.  The Clock-tower forms the back of this quad.  The Great Hall is somewhat askew from this quad structure.  I'm not sure if Lego is designing all of these sets to ultimately make a quad structure as portrayed in these plan-view drawings, but I am trying to modify the existing sets so that it can be done.   

Here is a link to one of those plan view drawings showing the layout of the castle:

Edited by wooster
spelling

Wow. thanks for that link, that is a great MOC.

Just now, wooster said:

Here is a link to one of those plan view drawings showing the layout of the castle:

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

"Don't get your hopes up too much'' is one of those sentences I really don't like as a lego fan :laugh_hard:

But I think its likely we'll see at least some of the HP sets as opposed to the Marvel sets. Those will probably remain a secret

We may not get any pictures, but set descriptions of several HP set I believe is very likely :moar:

20 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

We may not get any pictures, but set descriptions of several HP set I believe is very likely :moar:

Let’s hope that 1) the sets are on display in the first place and 2) the people reporting are familiar with HP :laugh: Of course you don’t need to be a fan to recognize a hut, a portion of a castle, a purple triple-decker bus or a dragon, but some minifig descriptions would be nice as well :grin:

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Let’s hope that 1) the sets are on display in the first place and 2) the people reporting are familiar with HP :laugh: Of course you don’t need to be a fan to recognize a hut, a portion of a castle, a purple triple-decker bus or a dragon, but some minifig descriptions would be nice as well :grin:

Well, my primary source for lego news today are the guys from zussamengebaut. They know what they're talking about when it comes to lego and its themes

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well, my primary source for lego news today are the guys from zussamengebaut. They know what they're talking about when it comes to lego and its themes

Yes, I’m also closely monitoring their live coverage :wink: They know their stuff, I’m just not sure how well they know HP specifically (i.e. well enough to recognize characters at a quick glance, they probably don’t have time to note down every single detail so perhaps have to resort to report some of it from memory). 

Keep in mind that sets displayed at these events often have preliminary/placeholder minifigs, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much for character rosters just yet.

2 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Keep in mind that sets displayed at these events often have preliminary/placeholder minifigs, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much for character rosters just yet.

True, but at least we can kinda guess what to expect. For things like Hagrids Hut or the Knight Bus, just the amount of figures can give us a pretty big hint towards which figures will be included. For others like the clocktower it's going to be a little bit harder ofcourse.

On a side note, a character I haven't really seen on anyone's wishlist yet is Draco Malfoy. But I really want one from prisoner of Azkaban since he has the robes, besides we only have child Draco so far.

Also, chances of the midlegs being included in the sets have also been increased since they've just been included with Star Wars for Padme.

13 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

True, but at least we can kinda guess what to expect. For things like Hagrids Hut or the Knight Bus, just the amount of figures can give us a pretty big hint towards which figures will be included. For others like the clocktower it's going to be a little bit harder ofcourse.

On a side note, a character I haven't really seen on anyone's wishlist yet is Draco Malfoy. But I really want one from prisoner of Azkaban since he has the robes, besides we only have child Draco so far.

Also, chances of the midlegs being included in the sets have also been increased since they've just been included with Star Wars for Padme.

Yes! I would love (and am expecting/hoping for) some robed minifigures, a la the CMF series — but hopefully in non-Gryff houses like Slytherin. And I agree, I'm glad we get confirmation on midlegs being used widely as that means the CMF figures will be able to fit easily with the others. :)

Just now, GalacticHippo said:

Yes! I would love (and am expecting/hoping for) some robed minifigures, a la the CMF series — but hopefully in non-Gryff houses like Slytherin. And I agree, I'm glad we get confirmation on midlegs being used widely as that means the CMF figures will be able to fit easily with the others. :)

Well the mid legs are going to be used for Padme in the animal podracer Set, so they will probably be used 

The released information from Toy Fair is really lowering my expectations. So far they've only shared the set names, numbers and prices and no word on builds or minifigures (all for other themes than HP btw)

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The released information from Toy Fair is really lowering my expectations. So far they've only shared the set names, numbers and prices and no word on builds or minifigures (all for other themes than HP btw)

Well to be fair it is live right now, they don’t have time for descriptions, I’m sure later today or tomorrow there will be write-ups of the descriptions, right now they can only take notes during the presentation

Just now, Whovastron said:

Well to be fair it is live right now, they don’t have time for descriptions, I’m sure later today or tomorrow there will be write-ups of the descriptions, right now they can only take notes during the presentation

Exactly. Asking questions in the comment section is also a possibility, even though they currently don’t have any time to answer them :grin:

14 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Post something to reach ten posts. Anything!

Even simply a letter 'a'!

Edited by Calunca

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

They might not even have been in the no pictures room yet, I think we'll just have to be patient

The whole showroom is the ‘no picture room’, there’s no photography allowed anywhere except for the press conference   :wink: 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

The whole showroom is the ‘no picture room’, there’s no photography allowed anywhere except for the press conference   :wink: 

Oh didn't know that xD. Well maybe it's just a very big room? :look:

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Oh didn't know that xD. Well maybe it's just a very big room? :look:

I might be wrong, but I think they have to hand their phones to the staff while being in the showroom, so they then take notes on a piece of paper, leave the room to update their newsticker and return to the booth afterwards :purrr:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I might be wrong, but I think they have to hand their phones to the staff while being in the showroom, so they then take notes on a piece of paper, leave the room to update their newsticker and return to the booth afterwards :purrr:

Last years you weren't even allowed to take notes behind the curtains. You do have to hand in your phone yes. 

The extra precautions would make sense for the Endgame or Episode IX sets (if they’re even on display, given what happened in 2017), but the HP are obviously not based on an upcoming movie :grin: