Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

These are not French prices. I used Brickset to make '€' prices '$'.

Oh so you already converted them?

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Please take the following with a grain of salt, but we might have the proper set list here, courtesy of brickfanatics:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-harry-potter-summer-2019-set-rumours/

• Expecto Patronum
  • Tri-wizard Challenge
  • Hagrid’s Hut
  • Knight Bus
  • Hogwarts Watch Tower

Please let this be true *oh2*

Thanks for the info, it sounds like a plausible list and it makes sense that it leaks now during London toy fair, but I take it with a grain of salt so far..

• Expecto Patronum probably Harry and a dementor and a deer mould(:grin_wub:) could also include a second dementor and or Sirius
  • Tri-wizard Challenge depends on the size 1 of 3 probably 1 or 2
  • Hagrid’s Hut very likely a new Buckbeak mould and maybe even a new Fang mould :excited:
  • Knight Bus maybe a new Paddfot mould :sweet:
  • Hogwarts Watch Tower probably based on the end of POA; Buckbeak, Sirius, Harry, Hermione, maybe madam Pomfrey and a dementor

Hopefully it is true because it sound like a great list! 2 points;
  • it is from 3-4, not a big surprise, but strange if it is coming this year already. Then next year is 5-6 and 7-8 in -21, off course they could start making all the missing sets and or start over after that. They have probably realised how big a money maker this theme is and stepped on the gas pedal..
  • No FB sets wonder what that means, they are probably not selling as well as HP, but they are still excellent sets who I assume are selling OK

This was posted as a comment on a facebook post:

5 new POTTER sets this year... Lego were at the London toy fair. 2nd part to great hall, a clock tower, and one with dragons in it. The other 2 top secret no images just set numbers at the moment

Not sure if legit or not.

Just now, Geoh said:

Omg I hope this is real!!!!

Just now, Geoh said:

2nd part to great hall

Sound odd, the rest more likely besides the fact that they do not show the small sets only big ones :sceptic:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Sound odd, the rest more likely besides the fact that they do not show the small sets only big ones :sceptic:

I think she means that its an extension to it.

11 minutes ago, Geoh said:

Dragons plural? I like the sound of that!

12 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

They have probably realised how big a money maker this theme is and stepped on the gas pedal..

My kids reached the "Harry Potter reading age" well after the movies ended, so they (and I) missed out on the original Harry Potter Lego sets.  There are several things I will point out from this.  Even today, kids are crazy for the Harry Potter books when they are between the ages of 7 to 12.  It's not just my kids, it was a phenomenon in the entire elementary school where I live.  They still have Harry Potter themed parties, events, etc.  And kids that really get into Lego also probably peak around ages 6 to 10.  So the Harry Potter phase and the Lego phase overlap perfectly for most kids.  Because of this, I think you get a synergistic relationship between just reading Harry Potter and collecting the Lego sets.    

So yes, this could be a profitable theme for Lego for a looooong time.  Unlike other movie-based Lego themes, interest in this theme did not end with the release of the theatrical movies.  And I am excited to see it continue.

40 minutes ago, Geoh said:

Anything with the Horntail in it is an instant buy for me! (except for that D2C though, not a fan of nanoscale)

11 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

Yesss excited for these to leak. Most excited for watch tower.

im curious if it’ll be taller than the great hall- I think we can safely say it’ll be attached to the right side of the great hall.

What’s inside I wonder? Hospital? Hermione time turner. Pomfrey. Clock. DADA?

If its the clocktower I'd say we'd get a big clock and the hospital wing on the upper floor and probably a random classroom on the ground floor

45 minutes ago, Geoh said:

Can you give a link please? Or at least PM it to me?

If we are getting another Knight Bus I really hope it looks better than the last one and has a dog mold for Sirius 

It’s good to see Hogwarts is being expanded upon, also great to see elements of the fourth movie coming in, finally a place to put some of those CMF figures! 

I hope we get Cornelius Fudge with Hagrid’s Hut, and a new Fang and Buckbeak mould would be welcome. I wonder if the Knight Bus will have the Dursley’s in it.

Just now, Tariq j said:

It’s good to see Hogwarts is being expanded upon, also great to see elements of the fourth movie coming in, finally a place to put some of those CMF figures! 

I hope we get Cornelius Fudge with Hagrid’s Hut, and a new Fang and Buckbeak mould would be welcome. I wonder if the Knight Bus will have the Dursley’s in it.

I hope Hagrid's Hut will include Macnair too (the executioner)! And I really think the Knight Bus should be a higher price set and also include Privet Drive, since the chances of a Privet Drive set are already pretty low since we got the Ford Anglia in the Willow set.

Hm, not sure what to think of the second list... maybe they're compatible though? That would mean that one of the two alleged Hogwarts sets from the FB comment would then be the "Expecto Patronum" set from the Brickfanatics list. What I find suspicious is the set with "multiple dragons", I mean sure, we do see all of them... in cages :tongue: The Horntail is the only one we see in action and a set with at least one other dragon on top of that seems ...unlikely. Hopefully we'll get some more info soon :thumbup:

11 minutes ago, Jawaguy4 said:

If they release another moulded Hungarian Horntail, then hopefully 4767 come down in price!

Thats probably not gonna happen

These rumors sound great. I wonder what they mean with second part of the great Hall? Anyway I think the dragons could also be with hagrids hut, from the scene where hagrid shows the dragons in the forest, the other dragon could be norbert. That would make a reasonable $60,- set, 35 for the hut, 25 for the dragon. The second task could easily be a $15,- set since there really wasn't that big of a building in the movie. The Watchtower/clocktower could include Buckbeak. Probably a yet to be revealed price. Expecto patronum is probably defence against the dark arts classroom (from what I read connectable to the great hall) with €90,-. Sounds reasonable. And than there is the knight bus which could easily be covered with $30,-.

I only wonder about the lag of Lockhart related scenes, which kinda makes me doubt the list. We'll see I guess.

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Please let this be true *oh2*

Hope it is fake... No chamber of secrets? No Gilderoy Lockhart? No Tom Riddle? No alternative to the brick-built Phoenix and Basilisk other than the old variants?

1 hour ago, Jawaguy4 said:

If they release another moulded Hungarian Horntail, then hopefully 4767 come down in price!

Personally would expect the Hungarian Horntail to be the same size/design as '70666 The Golden Dragon'
lego_70666_web_sec04_1488.jpg?l.r=163280

Edited by Scarilian

31 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Hope it is fake... No chamber of secrets? No Gilderoy Lockhart? No Tom Riddle? No alternative to the brick-built Phoenix and Basilisk other than the old variants?

Oh please everybody knew they weren't making Chamber. The designers said they tried it but it didn't work out. The sets have also been going in chronological order as well. Hoping that a great list is fake simply because you didn't get one set on your "wishlist" is very childish and just looking for the smallest reason to complain. I want Lockhart as much as the next guy but he'll probably show up in a Bricktober pack or something. Who knows maybe it will be centered around Chamber and have Moaning Myrtle, Lockhart, Tom Riddle, and Lucius Malfoy. Patience, if we got Susan Bones, we'll get everyone eventually. 

Edited by RODDY

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Where on Facebook did you see this?

Closed Harry Potter lego group, I'd send links but I don't think anyone would be able to access it anyways.