Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

On the contrary, I think a FB set is very likely when considering that it is its own theme :wink: I cannot imagine them not capitalizing on FB3 next year, so it would be weird for them to skip 2019 :laugh: I don‘t think we‘ve ever had a licended theme skip a year...

I’m sure they’ll capitalize on FB3, but the movie isn’t coming out until late 2020 so we won’t get any sets for that until then. As to whether or not we’ll get more FB2 sets this year, I have no idea. I would find it a little odd if there was nothing else from that film but you never know.

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO actually including a passageway in a future set is HIGHLY unlikely, especially since it would look a little bit weird and also unfinished (since the WW is not included). I really don't think they'd ever do that

It will probably just be a trapdoor

So my guess is that in terms of Harry Potter sets the years will go like this:

2019- years 2-3

2020- years 3-4

2021- years 4-5

2022- years 5-6

2023- years 6-7

2024- random year sets

then the theme ends (except for a couple books and Polybags) which brings us nicely to the end of the fantastic beasts franchise

either that or I’m completely wrong and they make sets from random years with no pattern whatsoever

———————————————————————

from FB2 all I want is:

proper grindelwald 

young dumbledore 

grey coat newt scamander

from HP years 2&3 this wave Id like:

hagrids hut POA

clocktower - courtyard - dark tower in one set 

chamber of secrets 

Diagon alley 

the burrow

hogsmeade

shrieking shack

What do you guys think are the odds of a mountain piece that can be situated under the great hall/willow castle? 

It would include the chamber of secrets, slytherin common room, dungeons potions,

and might be big enough to put the whomping willow on top as well/ which would make sense for trap door?

plus would elevate the height of the castle which I think is badly needed. This is prob more of a wish an not likely to happen.

10 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

What do you guys think are the odds of a mountain piece that can be situated under the great hall/willow castle? 

It would include the chamber of secrets, slytherin common room, dungeons potions,

and might be big enough to put the whomping willow on top as well/ which would make sense for trap door?

plus would elevate the height of the castle which I think is badly needed. This is prob more of a wish an not likely to happen.

While it does sound like a great idea it really isn't that good of an idea for LEGO themselves. Especially since most people (including me) found the Hogwarts Great Hall set too small and bought a second one to make it larger, I think LEGO knows that too. But then again, it could happen. Which would also mean I'd have to rebuild my entire great hall and tower but hey, that's what LEGO is all about!

12 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

I see zero chance of that. Its one thing to make a set that *could* be combines with earlier Sets. But a mountain piece would be pretty boring on itself for kids compared with some cool piece of Hogwarts castle. And at the time it would be released, the great hall wouldn't be in stores anymore. A set like that wouldn't really sell for the general Audience, i'm sure. Any future Set, that can be combines with the great hall, has to be a good looking and fun set on its own too.

6 hours ago, Kyp said:

I see zero chance of that. Its one thing to make a set that *could* be combines with earlier Sets. But a mountain piece would be pretty boring on itself for kids compared with some cool piece of Hogwarts castle. And at the time it would be released, the great hall wouldn't be in stores anymore. A set like that wouldn't really sell for the general Audience, i'm sure. Any future Set, that can be combines with the great hall, has to be a good looking and fun set on its own too.

I'll have to disagree, the mountain side would obviously just be the backside of the set, the main focus would be the chamber of secrets. In the past we've already gotten many sets that could only be displayed from the front, most of them didn't even include something to cover up the back. Does the lonely mountain ring a bell? I don't see why it wouldn't sell. Besides the mountain would only add to the builds, the chamber itself would work perfectly fine on its own, as seen with the last one. Ofcourse they could easily do it without the mountain like the old chamber of secrets or more recent sets like the Rankor Pit under Jabba's Palace. On your other point Lego could keep the Great Hall around as long as they want, and even if it won't be available, that's no reason not to release a chamber of secrets. Just look at the modular sets, they're still connectable, even though many left the stores ages ago. As long as children like a set of a dungeon with a giant snake and Harry Potter we could get it (and I'm pretty sure they do)

Ofcourse a common room and potions classroom would be a little bit too much to hope for, especially since we already got the potions classroom

Btw my 500th post yay! :laugh:

Edited by Huigberts Builds
Forgot something

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'll have to disagree, the mountain side would obviously just be the backside of the set, the main focus would be the chamber of secrets. In the past we've already gotten many sets that could only be displayed from the front, most of them didn't even include something to cover up the back. Does the lonely mountain ring a bell? I don't see why it wouldn't sell. Besides the mountain would only add to the builds, the chamber itself would work perfectly fine on its own, as seen with the last one. Ofcourse they could easily do it without the mountain like the old chamber of secrets or more recent sets like the Rankor Pit under Jabba's Palace. On your other point Lego could keep the Great Hall around as long as they want, and even if it won't be available, that's no reason not to release a chamber of secrets. Just look at the modular sets, they're still connectable, even though many left the stores ages ago. As long as children like a set of a dungeon with a giant snake and Harry Potter we could get it (and I'm pretty sure they do)

Ofcourse a common room and potions classroom would be a little bit too much to hope for, especially since we already got the potions classroom

Btw my 500th post yay! :laugh:

It's still very unlikely. Because if that set would go under the Great Hall the GH wouldn't be able to connect to the WW set, besides that the CoS would be way too dark with the GH on top of it and LEGO wouldn't include any lighting in a set. It's a cool concept but it will probably never happen

Another way that they could do the Chamber of Secrets is to simply add it on to the side of the Hogwarts sets. They could "camouflage" the front of it, so it still looks like the sand colored hogwarts, but could make the inside spooky like a chamber. This would provide for the bathroom to go on top (which could look like another classroom/tower from the outside) and they could make a trapdoor or a slide to go down into the chamber. Then you would not have to raise the Great Hall up if you did not want too and Lego would not have to continually keep coming out with 2 levels of sets because of the chamber being underneath.  They could make some mini towers to house the sword of Gryffindor, the Sorting Hat, the Phoenix, and the diary. They could potentially do the same with the Chamber for the Philosopher's Stone.  They could have a "moving staircase" leading to the upstairs to Fluffy and the trapdoor, then the door would open to the plant, the chess, the flying keys, the potions, and the final room with Quirrel and the Mirror of Erised. (Or only part of these)

some people may not like this idea, but i am rooting for this. The sets would be pretty expensive or they could come separately. It could be a good way of making the castle bigger and getting a few iconic scenes from the movies/books.  

Edited by DocStrange

8 hours ago, DocStrange said:

Another way that they could do the Chamber of Secrets is to simply add it on to the side of the Hogwarts sets. They could "camouflage" the front of it, so it still looks like the sand colored hogwarts, but could make the inside spooky like a chamber. This would provide for the bathroom to go on top (which could look like another classroom/tower from the outside) and they could make a trapdoor or a slide to go down into the chamber. Then you would not have to raise the Great Hall up if you did not want too and Lego would not have to continually keep coming out with 2 levels of sets because of the chamber being underneath.  They could make some mini towers to house the sword of Gryffindor, the Sorting Hat, the Phoenix, and the diary. They could potentially do the same with the Chamber for the Philosopher's Stone.  They could have a "moving staircase" leading to the upstairs to Fluffy and the trapdoor, then the door would open to the plant, the chess, the flying keys, the potions, and the final room with Quirrel and the Mirror of Erised. (Or only part of these)

some people may not like this idea, but i am rooting for this. The sets would be pretty expensive or they could come separately. It could be a good way of making the castle bigger and getting a few iconic scenes from the movies/books.  

Don't count on the potions challange, LEGO is following the movies

2 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

How tall do you guys think the clock tower will be in comparison to the great hall tower? 

And will it connect at the end of the WW set? Sort of squaring it in? I wonder if they save that for the final wave/battle? And do the astronomy tower instead for the 3rd movie?

Thats what I'm worried about, if they go with the GH tower the clocktower will be WAY too small

I'm looking at what appears to be a leaked photo of a new Hagrid's Hut, apparently from POA. There are five figures (Harry, Hermoine, Ron, Hagrid, and an executioner) plus a new Buckbeak. It looks real to me, but I'm not 100%. Surprised it's not mentioned here yet, as I saw it first a few days ago. Anyone else get a look?

Edited by Galaxy Explorer

12 minutes ago, Galaxy Explorer said:

I'm looking at what appears to be a leaked photo of a new Hagrid's Hut, apparently from POA. There are five figures (Harry, Hermoine, Ron, Hagrid, and an executioner) plus a new Buckbeak. It looks real to me, but I'm not 100%. Surprised it's not mentioned here yet, as I saw it first a few days ago. Anyone else get a look?

That’s a custom 

On 1/10/2019 at 7:04 PM, Galaxy Explorer said:

Thanks for clarifying! The Buckbeak seemed a bit off to me, especially with the non-articulated wings. 

The owls are also the old type so that is a dead give away, but it is a excellent moc no wounder so many people think it is a leak :wink:

So... We got leaks of the 2018 set names in December 2017, ~ 8 months before release. When do you reckon we could get our first information of the new sets said to be released in june? 

1 hour ago, topiku said:

So... We got leaks of the 2018 set names in December 2017, ~ 8 months before release. When do you reckon we could get our first information of the new sets said to be released in june? 

I think there's a good chance we'll get our first official look at Toy Fair next month. But you can't really expect anything regarding leaks, since they just come out of the blue. But if you're not expecting it, its always a surprise! (a surprise to be sure but a welcome one)

Someone on Insta said he has connections with Lego and that we‘re getting a new Werewolf mould for the upcoming sets!! Shrieking shack confirmed?!? I hope he doesn‘t lie and it‘s true 

Just now, topiku said:

Someone on Insta said he has connections with Lego and that we‘re getting a new Werewolf mould for the upcoming sets!! Shrieking shack confirmed?!? I hope he doesn‘t lie and it‘s true 

People who say they have ''connections'' with lego are lying most of the time. So you should take this rumor with a grain, a spoon, no a BAG of salt!

6 minutes ago, topiku said:

Who 

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

... no a BAG of salt!

Dude, that's lethal! :head_back:

I agree though, you can't get more fishy than claiming to have "connections to company X", that's one of the biggest red flags there is :grin: We have to be patient for the time being, the set list will drop sooner than later (or so I hope).

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Who 

He said he doesn‘t want to get named because he could lose his job... Man I was believing him and I still hope it‘s true though :(

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It was an exaggeration ofcourse

Of course, I was just imagining someone actually ingesting a bag of salt :head_back:

@topiku: That's the exact reason this sort of claim is nonsense: nobody who hasn't lost their marbles would risk their job for spreading intel like that :purrr: It's the old tired "my uncle who works at Nintendo told me [insert random drivel here]" routine all over again... 

A new werewolf would be fantastic, but sadly, the source just isn't trustworthy :oh3: