Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 hour ago, DocStrange said:

I would love some more teachers! My Hogwarts (which is triple the size than the one lego came out with) looks really empty without all the teachers and students. I currently have some of the teachers being Doctor Strange, Gandalf, Saruman, Radaghast, and a dark wizard from castles teaching a bunch of slightly different looking harry potter kids.

Well there are really only 2 more teachers left (Lockhart and Sprout), if we're not counting movie 1 Flitwick and these death eaters of course. (Assuming we're not getting the teachers exclusive to the book and mobile game) But we'll definitely need many more student variations for all houses.

10 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well there are really only 2 more teachers left (Lockhart and Sprout), if we're not counting movie 1 Flitwick and these death eaters of course. (Assuming we're not getting the teachers exclusive to the book and mobile game) But we'll definitely need many more student variations for all houses.

Grubbly-Plank, Hagrid’s substitute for Care of magical creatures

Firenze- Divination in HBP onwards

Madam Pomfrey

Charity Burbage- Muggle studies

Pince- the librarian

Professor Sinistra-astronomy

I can see us getting Firenze, Pomfrey, Burbage and Pince but I very much doubt the other two. Hope we get Lockhart + Sprout in 2HY! 

Edited by Lego-fire

2 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Grubbly-Plank, Hagrid’s substitute for Care of magical creatures

Firenze- Divination in HBP onwards

Madam Pomfrey

Charity Burbage- Muggle studies

Pince- the librarian

Professor Sinistra-astronomy

I can see us getting Firenze, Pomfrey, Burbage and Pince but I very much doubt the other two. Hope we get Lockhart + Sprout in 2HY! 

The sets are based on the movies so we won’t get most of those teachers. I can see Pomfrey, Lockhart, and Sprout but not any of the others you named. Firenze would likely only come in a Forbidden Forest set since that’s the only place we see him in the movie. Charity Burbage would only come in a Malfoy Manor set with all the death eaters since that’s all we get of her in the movie (and books too). Pince is seen for a couple seconds in the movies but she’s never even named so I highly doubt we’ll see her. Sinistra isn’t in the movies, at least not in a capacity where she’s even mentioned so we won’t get her. Grubbly-Plank is mentioned once and never seen but for a possible glimpse at the scene she’s mentioned in at the staff table so we won’t get her either. This is also why we won’t get Professor Binns or Lrofessor Vector. I’ll be shocked if we get any other teachers outside of Sprout, Lockhart, and Pomfrey. Remember the sets are from the movies and may contain Easter eggs from the books but no more than that

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Well, Lucian Bole never showed up in the movies and not even the books specified his first name, yet he still appeared in the Quidditch set. Granted, he might just as well be a generic Quidditch player from Slytherin... 

13 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, Lucian Bole never showed up in the movies and not even the books specified his first name, yet he still appeared in the Quidditch set. Granted, he might just as well be a generic Quidditch player from Slytherin... 

He was in the movie, they just didn’t reference his name. They just wanted another player for the set

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The sets are based on the movies so we won’t get most of those teachers. I can see Pomfrey, Lockhart, and Sprout but not any of the others you named. Firenze would likely only come in a Forbidden Forest set since that’s the only place we see him in the movie. Charity Burbage would only come in a Malfoy Manor set with all the death eaters since that’s all we get of her in the movie (and books too). Pince is seen for a couple seconds in the movies but she’s never even named so I highly doubt we’ll see her. Sinistra isn’t in the movies, at least not in a capacity where she’s even mentioned so we won’t get her. Grubbly-Plank is mentioned once and never seen but for a possible glimpse at the scene she’s mentioned in at the staff table so we won’t get her either. This is also why we won’t get Professor Binns or Lrofessor Vector. I’ll be shocked if we get any other teachers outside of Sprout, Lockhart, and Pomfrey. Remember the sets are from the movies and may contain Easter eggs from the books but no more than that

I can imagine Malfoy Manor as a set, which could include Charity Burbage... or perhaps TLG would portray the Bellatrix / Dobby / Ollivander scenes instead.

3 hours ago, jamesn said:

I can imagine Malfoy Manor as a set, which could include Charity Burbage... or perhaps TLG would portray the Bellatrix / Dobby / Ollivander scenes instead.

I think the battle scene later on is more likely out of the two. Lego doesn’t typically make sets based on scenes of people sitting around and talking. The Council Of Elrond was an exception because of how iconic it is. Personally I would love a set based on that scene but I find it unlikely. I’ve already made several custom HP minifigs with what we were given last year so I’ll probably make customs of whatever teachers we don’t get, especially if they’re only in the books and won’t appear in sets at all

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Besides, the scene with Burbage is rather grim material, I highly doubt they‘d release a set based on that *huh* Can you imagine the set description? „Let Voldemort and his merry gang of Death Eaters taunt Charity Burbage and one Avada Kedavra later, feed her corpse to Nagini!“

Posted this in the old thread as well but here are my predictions:

75945: 121pcs - Girls Bathroom with  the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets ( Moaning Myrtle, Cat Hermione and Harry)

75946: 265pcs - Small Shrieking Shack (Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, Wolf Lupin and Harry) or new Knight bus ( Ernie, Harry, Stan Shunpike + Dog). But imo these are unlikely because of the low piece count :/

75947: 496pcs - Hagrid‘s Hut (Buckbeak, Hagrid, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fudge) 

75948: 922pcs - Either: 

The Burrow ( Molly, Arthur, F & G, Ron, Ginny, Harry, Hermione + a new Crookshanks)

The chamber of secrets ( new Basilisk with moulded headpiece, Tom Riddle, Gilderoy Lockhart, Ginny, Harry and Fawkes) 

The clocktower + courtyard (Remus Lupin, Harry, Hermione with Timeturner, Dumbledore, the Bloody Baron, Crabbe + Goyle) 

Let‘s come back to this post in a few months and see how wrong/ right I was ? 

As long as the FB sets are of the same excellent quality as last years 2 sets, I have no problem with them "taking" some of the set numbers from HP. I think HP will have most sets under the WW in the years to come, but if it is 4 sets next year I guess 1 FB and 3 HP.. It could also be 1-2 limited retail sets so if next theme starts on 75950 or -51 we now what to expect :wink:

I guess HP will focus on the 3 movie this year and save the 4th until 2020:

Knight bus, Hagrids hut and a part of Hogwarts with scenes and figs from POA. The FB sets is probably one of the two smallest sets, probably some beasts included :grin:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

Knight bus, Hagrids hut and a part of Hogwarts with scenes and figs from POA. The FB sets is probably one of the two smallest sets, probably some beasts included :grin:

That would be my guess as well :classic: A new part of Hogwarts is almost mandatory; I think there has only been one wave ever that didn‘t directly feature a Hogwarts set (the GoF one in 2005 and no, the lake and Hungarian Horntail sets don‘t count IMO).

The other two suggestions are very realistic as well. Hagrid‘s Hut was surprisingly skipped last year, which they will surely remedy at some point (probably sooner than later) and TLG just love designing vehicles, with the Knight Bus being one of the few left in the WW theme :laugh:

Tbh I can see them doing the Knight Bus in a set with Privet Drive. Hagrid's Hut has the biggest chance of appearing this wave, I imagine them doing it the same way they did Yoda's Hut and Ahch-To island, so with the backside open, buying 2 to get the entire Hut. Probably with only 3 figures, one of which might even be Buckbeak. Most likely Hogwarts part is probably the Clock Tower with the Hospital Win and small old Courtyard.

On 1/5/2019 at 7:10 PM, Huigberts Builds said:

Tbh I can see them doing the Knight Bus in a set with Privet Drive. Hagrid's Hut has the biggest chance of appearing this wave, I imagine them doing it the same way they did Yoda's Hut and Ahch-To island, so with the backside open, buying 2 to get the entire Hut. Probably with only 3 figures, one of which might even be Buckbeak. Most likely Hogwarts part is probably the Clock Tower with the Hospital Win and small old Courtyard.

Lego has really been into only giving us half of a building the last few years but I do think they would make Hagrid's hut completely enclosed with some hinges

47 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Lego has really been into only giving us half of a building the last few years but I do think they would make Hagrid's hut completely enclosed with some hinges

I would love a Weathertop style Hagrid’s Hut that’s sturdy and enclosed but can snap shut or hinge open. But what do I know?

On 1/5/2019 at 6:10 PM, Huigberts Builds said:

The second version of Hagrid’s hut in the films was introduced in the third film alongside the clock tower and Old Courtyard, so it would be pretty cool to see them in a set together to attach to the current Hogwarts. 

Live just finished building the Whomping Willow set today and part of me wants to believe they’ve got something going on with the Hatch underneath the WW, a passage to the Shack maybe? Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Live just finished building the Whomping Willow set today and part of me wants to believe they’ve got something going on with the Hatch underneath the WW, a passage to the Shack maybe? Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Thats what it's definitely meant to be, and could well be a teaser. A Shrieking Shack may come in the future, but it's all speculation currently.

I would think a Shrieking Shack would come sooner than later so they could advertise the willow set on the back, showcasing the “connectivity” of the sets as a sort of feature 

Not sure that this is technically a rumour but am I the only one who thinks it would be a bit odd if there wasn't a single FB 2 set this year? Seeing as the movie only came out at the end of last year with one tie-in set. To my mind there should be at least one more coming this year. Does anyone have any solid rumours or thoughts on this?

1 hour ago, GalacticHippo said:

Not sure that this is technically a rumour but am I the only one who thinks it would be a bit odd if there wasn't a single FB 2 set this year? Seeing as the movie only came out at the end of last year with one tie-in set. To my mind there should be at least one more coming this year. Does anyone have any solid rumours or thoughts on this?

There could be another set on the way but its not likely. Besides, there are a lot of movies that only have one LEGO set to tie in to the movie. Think of Ant-Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Doctor Strange, a few more MARVEL movies, Pirates of the Caribbean: DMTNT, Jurassic Park

On the contrary, I think a FB set is very likely when considering that it is its own theme :wink: I cannot imagine them not capitalizing on FB3 next year, so it would be weird for them to skip 2019 :laugh: I don‘t think we‘ve ever had a licended theme skip a year...

41 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

On the contrary, I think a FB set is very likely when considering that it is its own theme :wink: I cannot imagine them not capitalizing on FB3 next year, so it would be weird for them to skip 2019 :laugh: I don‘t think we‘ve ever had a licended theme skip a year...

Technically speaking Jurassic World is a theme with Jurassic Park and Fallen Kingdom being it's subthemes. The first wave to come out of the Jurassic World theme after it's 2015 debut were the 2018 sets, so there's a licensed theme that skipped 2 years!

Hm, good point. The contract with Universal was probably just extended rather than replaced by a new one (especially since JW was also represented in Dimensions, thus prolonging the license).

In that case I could see them skipping FB this year, but personally I would still like to see one set based on CoG (preferably with one of the eponymous beasts, e.g. the Zouwu) :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

19 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I was just thinking about that! It would be really cool to be able to attach the Whomping Willow onto a small secret passageway that leads to the Shrieking Shack, maybe with a couple of studs or something so you could easily remove it if you wanted to. The passageway could be removable too, but I think they'd definitely have to include one. Maybe it could have some cool wall texturing and a couple spiders or a box from Honeydukes or something like that.

32 minutes ago, Queen Whatevra WaNabi said:

I was just thinking about that! It would be really cool to be able to attach the Whomping Willow onto a small secret passageway that leads to the Shrieking Shack, maybe with a couple of studs or something so you could easily remove it if you wanted to. The passageway could be removable too, but I think they'd definitely have to include one. Maybe it could have some cool wall texturing and a couple spiders or a box from Honeydukes or something like that.

LEGO actually including a passageway in a future set is HIGHLY unlikely, especially since it would look a little bit weird and also unfinished (since the WW is not included). I really don't think they'd ever do that