Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

So as the tradition came along with the Star Wars calandar, what character do you guys think will be Santa in this one? I'm leaning towards Dumbledore

Yeah, I have a feeling Dumbledore will become the first Santa (unless it gonna be like the recent Star Wars AC and no Santa), thought I would love to see Hagrid to be into Santa. I'm hoping with other minifigure, it would be another way to get Ravanclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin uniforms.

Good god... :oh:

This is TLG's best NYTF yet!

If there is going to be a Santa character I'd guess Hagrid. 

My prediction for the HP Advent Calendar:

*8/9 Figures to 16/15 builds like the Star Wars Calendar.

*3/4 Villan figures to 6/5 Hero figures.

Predictions/ wishlist (I tried to base it on past Star Wars calendars):

• [Figure] Olivander (don't see a lot of sales for the micro-scale Diagon Alley)
  • [Build] Small wand holder build to accompany Olivander.
  • [Figure] Dementor figure
  • [Build] Micro-scale Hogwarts express.
  • [Build] Micro-scale Ford Anglia
  • [Figure] Ron Weasley
  • [Build] Small baggage cart
  • [Build] Small scale Fireplace
  • [Build] Micro-scale Weasley's hut
  • [Figure] Arthur Weasley
  • [Build] Micro-scale Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
  • [Build] Micro-Scale The Leaky Cauldron
  • [Figure] Death Eater
  • [Build] Tom Riddle gravestone Build
  • [Build] Graveyard cauldron build
  • [Figure] Dog, which works as both Sirius or a regular dog.
  • [Build] Micro-Scale Hagrid's hut
  • [Build] Micro-scale Hogwarts clocktower
  • [Figure] Newt Scamander
  • [Build] Micro-scale Hogwars great hall
  • [Figure] Abernathy (Crimes of Grindlewald minion)
  • [Build] Dumbledore's Phoenix
  • [Build] Christmas-y sleigh build using two Broomsticks
  • [Figure] Santa Dumbledore (With red robes and red & white sorting hat :laugh:)
52 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

If there is going to be a Santa character I'd guess Hagrid. 

I doubt that it will be Hagrid, the mould for his torso seems too big for an Advent Calendar imo

Edited by Brick Cucumber

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Christmas sweater variants incoming :grin:

It would be ridiculously repetitive, but I’d love to see all of them, Harry, Ron, twins, in their letter sweaters. 

On 8/8/2018 at 11:32 AM, BenderBrau said:

Guys, what do you think are the chances of LEGO producing HP Advent Calendar(s)? Not this year of course, but maybe for the next Christmas? It seems like a perfect match and I sure as hell would love it :wub:

Well, well, well, looks like I'd do well in divination classes :grin: I know it's just a rumor right now, but I'm sure Lego execs at least thought about it when it was decided to revive HP theme. Let's hope they too thought it's a perfect match that's worth realizing

Just now, Vindicare said:

It would be ridiculously repetitive, but I’d love to see all of them, Harry, Ron, twins, in their letter sweaters. 

Four exclusive minifigs? Five with a santa variant? Not a chance. I could see them doing one sweater per year (if the calendar really is coming this year, they will definitely continue them throughout the theme's run) and perhaps Yule Ball robes, although the latter is I think more likely to be seen in CMF

8 hours ago, Roebuck said:

That would definitely be a best seller :grin_wub:

Totally agree. This past Christmas I made a Harry Potter advent calendar for my wife, and it went over great. There’s huge potential for the idea—really hope it’s true. A no-brainer. I might save some money buying one instead!

Flickr album of the one I made (I did a running post over in Brickset forums throughout December too):

https://flickr.com/photos/96371713@N00/sets/72157676349608188

41 minutes ago, dvw2 said:

Totally agree. This past Christmas I made a Harry Potter advent calendar for my wife, and it went over great. There’s huge potential for the idea—really hope it’s true. A no-brainer. I might save some money buying one instead!

Flickr album of the one I made (I did a running post over in Brickset forums throughout December too):

https://flickr.com/photos/96371713@N00/sets/72157676349608188

Very nice!

I have been at the Nürnberg toy fair in January but there was no chance to get in at the lego area.

As i heard there was nothing to see about Harry Potter in the normal area.

So i asked a good friend for more information.

A guy who works in the same company could get to a special room(area).

He sad he could not remember the Harry Potter things he had seen.

Only a dragon or dragons.

I am sure he could remember but wasn't allowed zo talk.

So the only thing i know is a dragon if it's true.

4 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

I have been at the Nürnberg toy fair in January but there was no chance to get in at the lego area.

As i heard there was nothing to see about Harry Potter in the normal area.

So i asked a good friend for more information.

A guy who works in the same company could get to a special room(area).

He sad he could not remember the Harry Potter things he had seen.

Only a dragon or dragons.

I am sure he could remember but wasn't allowed zo talk.

So the only thing i know is a dragon if it's true.

Last year it was the same, they had several of the WW sets on display in a room with other sets only a few people got to see.. Then we had a person who had been behind "the wall" reporting back to us.. It is possible it was the same this year, (but that no one made it back alive because of white walkers :tongue:), so we would not know about it :shrug_oh_well:

As i already said" if it's true"

I did not see anything with my own eyes.

So its just another rumor.

There where bodyguards outside.

If you dont have a business meeting with lego you cant get inside.

Also no informations about harry potter.

I

49 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Last year it was the same, they had several of the WW sets on display in a room with other sets only a few people got to see.. Then we had a person who had been behind "the wall" reporting back to us.. It is possible it was the same this year, (but that no one made it back alive because of white walkers :tongue:), so we would not know about it :shrug_oh_well:

They come out saying “You know nothing”

The guys over at Stonewars.de claim that one of the sets is a graveyard... so is this the ‚Triwizard Tournament‘ set then? Which would mean the dragon rumours were fake :hmpf_bad:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

The guys over at Stonewars.de claim that one of the sets is a graveyard... so is this the ‚Triwizard Tournament‘ set then? Which would mean the dragon rumours were fake :hmpf_bad:

If that's true the set name is very misleading and such a lost opportunity... Best scenario the set contains a piece of the Maze :/

49 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They come out saying “You know nothing”

:grin:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

or that is is another set in the line up :wink::shrug_oh_well:

At least this would be a good opportunity for Wormtail, Lucius and Death Eaters (even though the design from OotP onwards is much better). Oh, and baby Voldy :laugh:

23 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm personally not doubting the Horntail yet. So many people have said dragons coming out of Nuremberg, I'm inclined to believe it. But what if the Horntail and a small part of the arena are the side build to the Watchtower similar to how Ford Angelina and Whomping Willow were to the second part of Hogwarts? Maybe the inside of the Watchtower has the girl's bathroom where Harry submerges the egg? Or the Cemetery could be an unknown retailer exclusive? NYTF you can't come any sooner. 

Edited by RODDY

Just now, RODDY said:

I'm personally not doubting the Horntail yet. So many people have said dragons coming out of Nuremberg, I'm inclined to believe it. But what if the Horntail and a small part of the arena are the side build to the Watchtower similar to how Ford Angelina and Whomping Willow were to the second part of Hogwarts? Maybe the inside of the Watchtower has the girl's bathroom where Harry submerges the egg? Or the Cemetery could be an unknown retailer exclusive? NYTF you can't come any sooner. 

Hm, good point. Hopefully the NYTF will provide some answers. Now that the JW sets have been revealed, the chances of the WW ones being on display have increased :thumbup:

Hidden Side is getting a graveyard set. It would be weird 2 graveyard sets at the same time. 

The Dragon rumor can still be true, since dragons appeared in other scenes in Harry Potter. It could be the night scene in the Forbidden Forest

Edited by Robert8

LEGO has just revealed the Jurassic World sets that will also release in June. I think its now very likely to see the WW sets this weekend!

42 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Could the Triawizard Tournament be a combination of all three challenges maybe? As opposed to just the Dragon Challenge, maybe the lake and made challenge are included as well.