Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

10 hours ago, Geoh said:

Barnes & Nobles in the UK & US stocked the bricktober sets, they could happen again. 

TRU was the only toyshop company I know about that was in a large part of the world. Yes you have big companies in some countries, but they are only in 1 or maybe 2 countries. Promos like bricktober is not cheap to make and if you want Lego to take part of the bill you better be a huge company so it is worth it for them. Last year the bricktober sets where well on there way when TRU started to die out, so they had get rid of them somehow that's why B&N got HP..
Bricktober will probably never happen again since it was a TRU thing. Lego will not stop making promos so maybe they will start making a more general one that they can give to different toy-shops in different countries, but i would prefer that they do it themselves that way it is more fair and attainable for most people :shrug_oh_well:

Did NY Toy Fair had the Great Hall on display last year? It's in 5 days and I can't remember when everything was revealed. 

I hope we get to see the biggest and presumable Hogwarts 'extension' first as I need to decide whether or not I need to buy 75953 :tongue:

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Did NY Toy Fair had the Great Hall on display last year? It's in 5 days and I can't remember when everything was revealed. 

I hope we get to see the biggest and presumable Hogwarts 'extension' first as I need to decide whether or not I need to buy 75953 :tongue:

It was revealed at NY toyfairs yes. But considering that it was to advertise a new theme, I doubt we’ll get another official reveal this year, unless it’s to promote the second wave. We’ll probably just hear set descriptions. Considering that the theme isn’t surrounded in as such secrecy now, and is releasing earlier, they’ll probably be on display.

7 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

I’d pick up 75953 in addition to whatever is coming this year. I’m very happy with the overall direction of building the castle piece by piece. 

I think the chances of at least some sets appearing at TF is pretty decent. The sets come out earlier than they did last year and as they're based on movies that are 10+ years old they won't need to have much secrecy around it

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

they're based on movies that are 10+ years old they won't need to have much secrecy around it 

OK they will not spoil anything from a new movie, but with that logic they could reveal any theme as long as it is not from a upcoming movie as soon as they can. There are several other reasons to keep sets secret for as long as possible, that said I believe the chances that we will see 1 or more sets in NYTF is pretty good :excited:

2 hours ago, Buckeye J said:

I’d pick up 75953 in addition to whatever is coming this year. I’m very happy with the overall direction of building the castle piece by piece. 

I already have 2, but parted them out because I didn't have the room for all my HP stuff. I don't want to find every piece again so I bought a 3rd Great Hall and will keep that sealed. I was planning to do the same with 75953 if it really adds something to the overall scene, which in the current phase/sets out I think it doesn't. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think the chances of at least some sets appearing at TF is pretty decent. The sets come out earlier than they did last year and as they're based on movies that are 10+ years old they won't need to have much secrecy around it

They kept it in secrecy last year despite being based on mostly a 17 year old movie. It’s all about knock off brands nowadays, they don’t want the designs stolen.

23 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

They kept it in secrecy last year despite being based on mostly a 17 year old movie. It’s all about knock off brands nowadays, they don’t want the designs stolen.

True, but that can’t be the only reason, otherwise they wouldn’t show anything at all, not even the non-licensed stuff :wink: 

From what we know, there’s no “1HY only” policy this year (last year, we knew about that even ahead of the London Toy Fair), so I think it’s not unlikely we get to see something. At least I hope so...

51697067_2150358055276209_38865255741217

52188007_2150358078609540_86679145293272

51674533_2150358048609543_19861346030012

51575808_2150358081942873_85006492914323

SNEAK PEEK of some new pages of the HP book, due to be released in July. Nothing too extraordinary here, but a nice preview all the same.

Edited by Geertos13

4 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

SNEAK PEEK of the New HP book, due to be released in July. Nothing too extraordinary here, but a nice preview all the same.

We've already seen that Privet Drive picture, Snape's class is new though

On 2/11/2019 at 5:50 PM, Whovastron said:

It was revealed at NY toyfairs yes. But considering that it was to advertise a new theme, I doubt we’ll get another official reveal this year, unless it’s to promote the second wave. We’ll probably just hear set descriptions. Considering that the theme isn’t surrounded in as such secrecy now, and is releasing earlier, they’ll probably be on display.

Forgive my ignorance, but I read this post four times, and I only now understand.  But I don't fully understand the nature of Toy Fairs.  Are these representatives for retail giants like Target, Walmart, or John Lewis and Smyths, like you apparently have in the UK?  Or can anyone get in if they pay enough?  I mean, stores would have to be incredibly stupid not to order new Harry Potter LEGO sets, given the extraordinary success of this last wave (unless they have a moral objection to HP's "witchcraft," which is, IMO, even more incredibly stupid in its own way).  I know that LEGO fan sites such as Brickset get to go, but they also receive free sets from LEGO to review, so I don't understand the full purpose of not reviewing the sets early.  Is it just to build suspense, drop by drop?  Because that is working, I will admit!  :laugh:

But display is better than nothing, because at this point we have little to no proof as to what the sets actually contain, and descriptions this week would help tide me over until June.  A Triwizard dragon task would look vastly different than a Triwizard lake task, for instance?  Will Privet Drive be included with a Knight Bus?  Will Buckbeak appear in two (if any) sets this wave?  Those questions mean a lot to me, because I'm always looking at the older Potter sets on eBay, but I'm reluctant to buy anything that will soon be outmoded.  So far, I've been successful, but we'll see.  Some older designs are better than the new ones, IMO: Hagrid, Basilisk, Fawkes, Snape, Draco, Dobby (if his eyes didn't rub off at the slightest touch), Madam Hooch with her double-sided, striped cape...

I've noticed that prices for the 2010 Hagrid's Hut, and especially both Knight Buses, have dropped noticeably.  I don't look at LEGO as an investment, but I would like to save money by not buying something twice, unless the new one is better.  

I'm glad this wave will supposedly be mostly Prisoner of Azkaban based.  Not only is it my favorite film in the series, and my second favorite book (after Deathly Hallows), it makes sense with the logical progression of this theme.  I do miss a Chamber of Secrets set, if only for Lockhart, Ginny, Moaning Myrtle, Tom Riddle, and a new Basilisk (okay, so pretty much everything about that set would be great :tongue:) but it's possible we will see it in a future wave, or even as a Shop at Home/retailer exclusive in this wave!  On Instagram, there's a factory leak image of a minifigure head that looks a whole lot like Ginny Weasley.  Sure, it could be a totally different character from a different theme, but I'm just saying, there's no logical place for Ginny to appear in the current rumored lineup, unless the Hogwarts Clock Tower incorporates multiple movies.  

Sorry for the really long post.  I'm pretty excited, to say the least.  Excited enough to get away from the Star Wars forum, where the discussion is stale, and the set selection is over-saturated with generally well-designed but overpriced sets with minifigures that cut so many corners it's embarrassing.  Wrong skin tone, scarce arm or leg printing, a grand total of one dual molding, and constant re-releases that are good, but not great.

My only complaint about this new Wizarding World theme is that it started too late!  Apparently LEGO and/or WB were hoping for synergy with the Fantastic Beasts movies, but I really don't think that has anything to do with the success of the new Potter sets.  And even then, why wait until the second installment in this...quintet?  I suppose the world will still exist by the time this theme has run its course, but given that LEGO is a coping mechanism as well as a hobby for me, I'm impatiently awaiting news of the new POA sets, which will hopefully add a little Lumos to my day.  Mostly, I don't want this theme to be cancelled prematurely, or to have any re-releases.  I'm not opposed to bringing back old favorites from the "vault," but that should not be at the expense of new sets.  Quite frankly, I don't see any reason not to leave...say...the current Hogwarts Express on shelves for five years, if it's still selling strong.

Edited by RogueTwo

5 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Sorry for the really long post.  I'm pretty excited, to say the least.  Excited enough to get away from the Star Wars forum, where the discussion is stale, and the set selection is oversaturated with generally well-designed but overpriced sets with minifigures that cut so many corners it's embarrassing.  Wrong skin tone, scarce arm or leg printing, a grand total of one dual molding, and constant re-releases that are good, but not great.

I think you've never taken a good look at the MARVEL minifigures? You can't get more inaccurate and stale as those figures

Forgive my ignorance, but I read this post four times, and I only now understand.  But I don't fully understand the nature of Toy Fairs.  Are these representatives for retail giants like Target, Walmart, or John Lewis and Smyths, like you apparently have in the UK?  Or can anyone get in if they pay enough?  I mean, stores would have to be incredibly stupid not to order new Harry Potter LEGO sets, given the extraordinary success of this last wave (unless they have a moral objection to HP's "witchcraft," which is, IMO, even more incredibly stupid in its own way).  I know that LEGO fan sites such as Brickset get to go, but they also receive free sets from LEGO to review, so I don't understand the full purpose of not reviewing the sets early.  Is it just to build suspense, drop by drop?  Because that is working, I will admit!  :laugh:

I not sure about the NYTF, but London is only for "professionals", Brickset have been invited before, but did not this year :def_shrug:  Nuremberg had fan sites going, but they could not take photos, last year the WW sets where in a different room where only "professionals" got in and not the fan sites. NYTF have usually fan sites and they can take pictures as well, at least they could last year.. The fan sites usually get deadlines for when they can release a review of a new set, but they will report what they see at fairs, the problem is that Lego usually do not bring all the sets they have in the pipeline to the fair..

But display is better than nothing, because at this point we have little to no proof as to what the sets actually contain, and descriptions this week would help tide me over until June.  A Triwizard dragon task would look vastly different than a Triwizard lake task, for instance?  Will Privet Drive be included with a Knight Bus?  Will Buckbeak appear in two (if any) sets this wave?  Those questions mean a lot to me, because I'm always looking at the older Potter sets on eBay, but I'm reluctant to buy anything that will soon be outmoded.  So far, I've been successful, but we'll see.  Some older designs are better than the new ones, IMO: Hagrid, Basilisk, Fawkes, Snape, Draco, Dobby (if his eyes didn't rub off at the slightest touch), Madam Hooch with her double-sided, striped cape...

We are all eager to get those questions answered :tongue:

I've noticed that prices for the 2010 Hagrid's Hut, and especially both Knight Buses, have dropped noticeably.  I don't look at LEGO as an investment, but I would like to save money by not buying something twice, unless the new one is better.  

I'm glad this wave will supposedly be mostly Prisoner of Azkaban based.  Not only is it my favorite film in the series, and my second favorite book (after Deathly Hallows), it makes sense with the logical progression of this theme.  I do miss a Chamber of Secrets set, if only for Lockhart, Ginny, Moaning Myrtle, Tom Riddle, and a new Basilisk (okay, so pretty much everything about that set would be great :tongue:) but it's possible we will see it in a future wave, or even as a Shop at Home/retailer exclusive in this wave!  On Instagram, there's a factory leak image of a minifigure head that looks a whole lot like Ginny Weasley.  Sure, it could be a totally different character from a different theme, but I'm just saying, there's no logical place for Ginny to appear in the current rumored lineup, unless the Hogwarts Clock Tower incorporates multiple movies.  

My advise is not to buy anything old now, a lot of them will get better sets in the next years. I bought Fluffy not long ago, but only because I do not think they will make a new mould. Basilisk and Fawkes on the other hand could very well be in a future COS set..

My only complaint about this new Wizarding World theme is that it started too late!  Apparently LEGO and/or WB were hoping for synergy with the Fantastic Beasts movies, but I really don't think that has anything to do with the success of the new Potter sets.  And even then, why wait until the second installment in this...quintet?  I suppose the world will still exist by the time this theme has run its course, but given that LEGO is a coping mechanism as well as a hobby for me, I'm impatiently awaiting news of the new POA sets, which will hopefully add a little Lumos to my day.  Mostly, I don't want this theme to be cancelled prematurely, or to have any re-releases.  I'm not opposed to bringing back old favorites from the "vault," but that should not be at the expense of new sets.  Quite frankly, I don't see any reason not to leave...say...the current Hogwarts Express on shelves for five years, if it's still selling strong.

I think the timing is perfect! Last wave I was not so interested, I had a few of the old sets and it was other themes I was more interested in. The last years I have started to regret not getting more than 2 of the 2010-11 sets and getting more and more interested in the theme.. It has grown on me, maybe it is because of the lack of HP the last years and I am not alone! Back in the days we got new books and movies almost every year, until now that has not been the case for quite a few years. The first generation potterheads has now started to reproduce as well an introduce the WW to their kids, so the number of fans in all ages in steady increasing in all ages..
My guess is that the WW theme is here to stay this time :grin_wub:

In a few days maybe we knew more about the upcoming HP wave.It's not long anymore.

What do you think for a new durmstrang ship?

Could this be interested?

1 hour ago, Sir Godric said:

In a few days maybe we knew more about the upcoming HP wave.It's not long anymore.

What do you think for a new durmstrang ship?

Could this be interested?

Maybe sometime in the future, but definetely not this year

59 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Maybe sometime in the future, but definetely not this year

Sorry,i meant if this would be interesting for the Lego Harry Potter fans.

I dont know if the old durmstrang ship was liked by the fans or not because i am not a collector for a very long time.

I didn't like the Durmstrang ship because, well, it's a big pirate ship that barely turns up in the movies. If we're only getting a handful of sets I want ones I really care about.

3 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

I dont know if the old durmstrang ship was liked by the fans or not because i am not a collector for a very long time.

While I would actually like a Durmstrang ship. There are SO MANY things I (and probably other fans too) would prefer to get other than this. As people said some time ago, Harry Potter definetely has the potential to be an ''evergreen'' LEGO theme like Star Wars

3 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

Lego loves ships so definitely possible in the future, do not think we will get it any time soon and the reason for that is because I think the old one did not sell well.. At least I think that was the reason why they started to include 4 extra minifigs, could be wrong about the reason off-course..:shrug_oh_well:

Me personally would much rather have the Beauxbatons carriage instead of the ship..

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Lego loves ships so definitely possible in the future, do not think we will get it any time soon and the reason for that is because I think the old one did not sell well.. At least I think that was the reason why they started to include 4 extra minifigs, could be wrong about the reason off-course..:shrug_oh_well:

Me personally would much rather have the Beauxbatons carriage instead of the ship..

Oh yess...the carriage would be fantastic.:classic:

4 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

Oh yess...the carriage would be fantastic.:classic:

I looked at the bottom-most post on this thread, and for a second I misread this as "the carnage would be fantastic."  What is wrong with me?  :laugh:  :wall:

I think think the carriage could be a real possibility.  Honestly, the new Hagrid mold could work for Madame Maxime, and there have been lots of Pegasus-like creatures lately, haven't there?  
My only concern is that both the ship and the carriage have so little screen time, not to mention we just got the Thestral carriage.  I'd much rather get something like Harry and Cedric in the set coming out this June, and then a Bricktober set with Fleur, Krum, Maxime, and Karkaroff.

I really don't see a problem with potential future Bricktober sets.  Yes, the distribution was atrocious last year, but it doesn't have to be like that.  TLG can just produce a lot this time (I know that never happens, but just bear with me here :wink:) and then feature it as a gift with purchase, or available for purchase for 19.99, or something like that, from October through December.  Obviously, that's just one sales model, but it would be a great way to make extra money from this franchise, and, of course, to keep us all happy, in a year with a necessarily limited number of minifigures.  They don't even have to call it "Bricktober," if they're worried it would bring up bad memories.

Anything they can release this year is one fewer minifigure they have to "figure" into a future Collectible Minifigures series.  And, yes, I agree with Roebuck and others that this theme will be here for a long time, but I hope I'm not the only one impatient for new content.  

legocustoms00 (the person who created those Hagrid's Hut and Shrieking Shack mockups a few months ago) just posted some edits for this wave's sets. He basically made these sets up himself onto the setname but I do think these could give us a clue what the sets may look like. The pictures are on his Instagram account