Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

It’s already been posted in the Updating Your Harry Potter Minifigures thread, along with a lot of other great ideas by “Seaber.”   

I meant to add some pictures of my own, but my photography skill is lacking.  

Thanks very much ?? There are some great ideas in there- thanks ?

Both the fluffy and troll builds from the build your own adventure book look like they were not designed just for the purpose of the book

I would hope actual releases of those two would be much better, they both look horrendous

I don’t mind a brick built Fluffy, as long as it looks good (hopefully better than the book version). But the troll really needs to be molded. Mixel eyes? Really?

On 7/2/2019 at 10:21 AM, montgocloud said:

Got the Clock Tower yesterday and built it with my modifications - the gear system that I had in the studio file doesn't work, it catches pretty regularly. I got it to work after some more trial and error, I'll post the file sometime tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

@montgocloud, hope you will succeed your vision! 

Mine arrived yesterday. As I tried to add gears in my clock tower, I found a hinderance that I didn’t see when I built it in LDD.

I made a small modification and now the motorized system works perfectly! 

Will begin a thread very soon and share it with everybody.

My only issue with Voldemort’s new laughing face print for the Rise Of Voldemort set is that moving forward, that’s probably the only face print they’ll use for him and while it fits his gloating jubilant style in that scene pretty well, it doesn’t really fit his more panicked and cruel demeanor from Deathly Hallows. I suppose the CMF version we got is a DH version so at least we have that but whenever we get him in a future set, he will likely always have that smile since they’ll just reuse that face print. Just not sure how I feel about that. Small thing, but just something I was thinking about. I suppose we can call it the “Darth Maul effect”. Those of you who also follow the Star Wars line know what I’m talking about.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

7 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My only issue with Voldemort’s new laughing face print for the Rise Of Voldemort set is that moving forward, that’s probably the only face print they’ll use for him and while it fits his gloating jubilant style in that scene pretty well, it doesn’t really fit his more panicked and cruel demeanor from Deathly Hallows. I suppose the CMF version we got is a DH version so at least we have that but whenever we get him in a future set, he will likely always have that smile since they’ll just reuse that face print. Just not sure how I feel about that. Small thing, but just something I was thinking about. I suppose we can call it the “Darth Maul effect”. Those of you who also follow the Star Wars line know what I’m talking about.

At least Voldemort doesn't look as creepy as Maul with that smile

15 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would hope actual releases of those two would be much better, they both look horrendous

I don’t mind a brick built Fluffy, as long as it looks good (hopefully better than the book version). But the troll really needs to be molded. Mixel eyes? Really?

I think new moulds would do both of these justice - it’s a must for the troll (in my opinion), and for Fluffy, a new head mould would definitely be needed at the very least. 

5 hours ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

I think new moulds would do both of these justice - it’s a must for the troll (in my opinion), and for Fluffy, a new head mould would definitely be needed at the very least. 

I would love to avoid another Horntail fiasco. Molded is definitely better, but if it’s brick built, it has to look good. I know they have the capability to make these creatures look good when brick built, they just need to put more effort into it than they did with the Horntail. 

There’s actually some really awesome stuff in that book- I might make a vast majority of them- there seems to be a lot of stuff that I doubt will be made into sets, stuff that haven’t been made into sets yet and stuff from scenes that are too minor to warrant a set, as well as decoration builds and even builds of stuff we already got.

im definitely planning to build the privet drive- along with the cupboard under the stairs build and combine it. I also want to make the flying lesson area of hogwarts- it seems to be somewhat large using a smaller amount of pieces - and looks good! I’m definitely going to make the entrance to diagon alley- (not too sure about the shops)- the gringotts vault would be nice to make along with the entrance to the chamber of secrets, and MAYBE fluffy. I’m in love with the gryffindor common room build- such as the beds and fireplaces etc, so I’m going to build them for sure.

as for stuff we already got, there’s the entrance to the great hall, the staff table, and  dumbledore’s plinth- and it looks very good, I’m considering it.

this book has made me so much more excited- I’m always looking for news on new Harry Potter sets, but this is basically a book full of new Harry Potter sets, some of the builds there qualify for a set- at a £5-£40 price point- and I sort of treat them as sets, even if they’re just moc ideas or small builds- it really does seem like a book full of new Harry Potter sets that I can get by ordering the pieces.

it is unfortunate just2good skimmed through limited pages- but I’ll still be getting the book for sure

I'm also definitely picking up that book. I'm hoping I can find it in my local TKMaxx, they usually have the BYOA books (not all of them though) for about £10 and few months ago I found SW Ideas Book for 5 or 6 quid.

The horntail is not the bad, I have it perched on the tower next to the Great Hall and it looks really nice there. 

31 minutes ago, RODDY said:

The horntail is not the bad, I have it perched on the tower next to the Great Hall and it looks really nice there. 

I think it’s an abomination. Looks like some weird bird. Nothing like the Horntail at all. 

12 hours ago, Legoniche said:

There’s actually some really awesome stuff in that book- I might make a vast majority of them- there seems to be a lot of stuff that I doubt will be made into sets, stuff that haven’t been made into sets yet and stuff from scenes that are too minor to warrant a set, as well as decoration builds and even builds of stuff we already got.

im definitely planning to build the privet drive- along with the cupboard under the stairs build and combine it. I also want to make the flying lesson area of hogwarts- it seems to be somewhat large using a smaller amount of pieces - and looks good! I’m definitely going to make the entrance to diagon alley- (not too sure about the shops)- the gringotts vault would be nice to make along with the entrance to the chamber of secrets, and MAYBE fluffy. I’m in love with the gryffindor common room build- such as the beds and fireplaces etc, so I’m going to build them for sure.

as for stuff we already got, there’s the entrance to the great hall, the staff table, and  dumbledore’s plinth- and it looks very good, I’m considering it.

this book has made me so much more excited- I’m always looking for news on new Harry Potter sets, but this is basically a book full of new Harry Potter sets, some of the builds there qualify for a set- at a £5-£40 price point- and I sort of treat them as sets, even if they’re just moc ideas or small builds- it really does seem like a book full of new Harry Potter sets that I can get by ordering the pieces.

it is unfortunate just2good skimmed through limited pages- but I’ll still be getting the book for sure

Yeah, I’ve looked through the book multiple times already, the ideas are great. If someone is wanting to build a bigger castle, they have a ton of ideas on the interior details. And the two builds are nice too. I went with the sorting one. 

5 hours ago, RODDY said:

I think so too, considering the price point they put it at. 

Have you guys thought about: what if the reason they didnt make a CoS last wave is bc they’re saving it for the DH version???

9 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Have you guys thought about: what if the reason they didnt make a CoS last wave is bc they’re saving it for the DH version???

That would be a really dumb decision for lego. One of the most desirable things about the CoS itself is the Basilisk, there isn't much of her left when they re-enter the Chamber in DH.

As for other characters:

- DH version could have: Ron and Hermione - not that exciting is it?

- CoS version could have: Harry, Ron, Ginny, Lockhart, Myrtle, Tom Riddle, Basilisk - sounds a lot more attractive, especially as this is our only chance at getting Tom (besides CMF)

I think it's pretty obvious which version is preferable 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would be a really dumb decision for lego. One of the most desirable things about the CoS itself is the Basilisk, there isn't much of her left when they re-enter the Chamber in DH.

As for other characters:

- CoS version could have: Harry, Ron, Ginny, Lockhart, Myrtle, Tom Riddle, Basilisk - sounds a lot more attractive, especially as this is our only chance at getting Tom (besides CMF)

Agreed 100%. A DH version would be a waste with virtually nothing to offer.

One thing I’m really kind of bothered we didn’t get with the POA sets is a printed tile for the Marauders’ Map. Kind of essential but it never appeared. Hopefully we’ll get it in either a CMF or a future wave, since the map does make appearances in the other films.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

As for other characters:

I was just kind of thinking about the pattern we’ve had so far w Hogwarts sets:

Great Hall & Gryffindor tower sets when the original Philosopher’s Stone movie came out and then again in last year’s wave. 

Then the clocktower set when PoA first came out and again in this year’s wave. 

Just going by this pattern I was expecting the greenhouse, Room of Requirement, and Umbridge’s office in next wave’s Hogwarts addition to match OotP’s Hogwarts set, and then maybe some Battle of Hogwarts scenes, the entry bridge to Hogwarts from the DH set, and yeah that’s where my CoS theory came from, those little areas w the snakes in them from the past Battle of Hogwarts set. Who knows by this point though! 

6 hours ago, m0repotter said:

I was just kind of thinking about the pattern we’ve had so far w Hogwarts sets:

Great Hall & Gryffindor tower sets when the original Philosopher’s Stone movie came out and then again in last year’s wave. 

Then the clocktower set when PoA first came out and again in this year’s wave. 

Just going by this pattern I was expecting the greenhouse, Room of Requirement, and Umbridge’s office in next wave’s Hogwarts addition to match OotP’s Hogwarts set, and then maybe some Battle of Hogwarts scenes, the entry bridge to Hogwarts from the DH set, and yeah that’s where my CoS theory came from, those little areas w the snakes in them from the past Battle of Hogwarts set. Who knows by this point though! 

By that logic we would've already gotten the CoS, but we'll just have to wait and see

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

By that logic we would've already gotten the CoS, but we'll just have to wait and see

I was solely talking about the releases of the HOGWARTS sets when the movies came out in past years, syncing up with the waves we’ve been having this time around

Edited by m0repotter

On 7/3/2019 at 12:45 PM, Legoniche said:

Could someone post a pic of the moody hairpiece in brown on Sirius please ? I don’t yet own it in that colour and wondering whether to treck around England to Lego stores to find it

In case you're still wondering what it looks like:

48242118681_23cdf1a3a1.jpg

And since this isn't the only new exclusive hairpiece in reddish brown...

48242118581_7f67cc4e81.jpg

:iamded_lol:

Seriously though, I'm glad they went with a recolor of Old Man Luke's hairpiece since this doesn't look nowhere near as good IMO :laugh: Nothing beats the pigtails though :tongue:

19 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

I was solely talking about the releases of the HOGWARTS sets when the movies came out in past years, syncing up with the waves we’ve been having this time around

So youre telling me this isn't a Hogwarts set?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor chamber of secrets lego

Besides the obvious the Hogwarts towers and Girl's bathroom on top of the Chamber of Secrets the CoS itself is situated IN Hogwarts, so this definetely counts as a Hogwarts set