Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Maybe the horntail from the microscale hogwarts can be used to guess the colors. I think they are gonna make something similar-ish Just an idea. :)

horntail023.jpg

4 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

@TheRandomBlocker Can you describe how the horntail looked like? Did it look like Lloyds dragon or something else?

He‘s described it before (more than once I think) but that won‘t help us all that much since according to him, it was a placeholder :wink: The final product may look entirely different. 

The trickiest part will be the wings, that‘s for sure. I think they used moulds for the placeholder, but in that case they won‘t be poseable enough for the Horntail to cling to the tower (if you want to recreate that scene like in the D2C Hogwarts), unless they‘re Smaug‘s wings, which I highly doubt. A new mould is quite unlikely as well. Brick-built wings would allow for that sort of poseability, but they‘d look less organic :hmpf_bad: 

On 3/24/2019 at 3:41 AM, froggy95 said:

Hopefully we’ll get a new crow mold in the Hagrid’s Hut set. 

That would be great, but I think the chances are slim to none, they are using the hole mould budget on buckbeak and most likely fang. If fang had come in last year aragog set and maybe buckbeak came in a second set this year the chances would have been good for a new crow mould...If we are grasping at straws maybe they can use the mould budget to the graveyard set to make a crow and include it in both sets :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

How about reusing the new bird mould in black? :laugh_hard:

Would only work for a black sparrow :tongue:

Seriously though, I‘d rather they invest their budget in a Fang mould :wink:

Off course since this is a HP set I agree with you and that makes most sense :wink:

Even without new crow mould, LEGO could still put some old crows by using the little piece (the one used to put a crown) to make them stand up, maybe it could do the job ?

4 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

Even without new crow mould, LEGO could still put some old crows by using the little piece (the one used to put a crown) to make them stand up, maybe it could do the job ?

You mean this part? 6186675

That might work :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

He‘s described it before (more than once I think) but that won‘t help us all that much since according to him, it was a placeholder :wink: The final product may look entirely different. 

The trickiest part will be the wings, that‘s for sure. I think they used moulds for the placeholder, but in that case they won‘t be poseable enough for the Horntail to cling to the tower (if you want to recreate that scene like in the D2C Hogwarts), unless they‘re Smaug‘s wings, which I highly doubt. A new mould is quite unlikely as well. Brick-built wings would allow for that sort of poseability, but they‘d look less organic :hmpf_bad: 

Personally, I think that using fabric wings on a brick built structure could work for the wings. I'm not as against everyone else is on the wings not being moulded, especially since we'd get more posability that way. Has LEGO done fabric wings in a while though? I can't remember seeing any recently.

I have some faith because the Occamy and Thunderbird looked really good but the Horntail will be bigger and that’s where my doubt comes in. 

7 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Personally, I think that using fabric wings on a brick built structure could work for the wings. I'm not as against everyone else is on the wings not being moulded, especially since we'd get more posability that way. Has LEGO done fabric wings in a while though? I can't remember seeing any recently.

They did flexible plastic wings for Elandra the dragon for Elves in 2016 and that came with a moulded head as well. I owned that dragon for a while and I think it looked great. The flexible plastic was hard wearing and well secured and I think it personally looked better than the moulded wing pieces used on the smaller Elves dragons.

You mean this part? 6186675

That might work :thumbup:

Exactly this part, thank you ! I'm telling this because me too, I would love a new crow mould, but I read that the budget mould was mainly for Buckbeak, maybe Fang, so we cannot expext a new crow mould.

On 3/22/2019 at 4:57 PM, Whovastron said:

The moulded dragons like smaug aren’t good for the horntail imo. They’re too static and you can’t pull off a good flying pose. The horntail needs to have wings that can be used like arms to crawl around, essentially they need to be able to fold in

Smaug’s wings can fold in and are attached with a ball joint, so are extremely poseable. I love the molded dragons and like brick built ones a lot less but I think the Horntail will be amazing with molded wings and head and a brick built body. I like the Ninjago dragons although the new “Hunted” ones are not very good in my opinion, and the only thing I really dislike about Ninjago dragons in general are the cloth wings because I think those look pretty bad. 

Sirius, Macnair, and Fudge look great! Odd choice to reuse Luke’s hair on Sirius but I like it well enough and it’s cool to get in a new color. I love how much mileage they’re getting out of those Hux legs, and I’m amazed they work so well on so many figures! 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

50 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I wonder if we’ll get another polybags this year

How many polybags do exist from the HP Theme?

I hope for polybags too...

A single dementor would be great..

8 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

Only 1

30407-1.jpg?201810030355

Polybags are hard to predict, while some themes get plenty (TLM 2, Star Wars, City and Ninjago), others aren‘t as lucky. The first Minecraft polybag for instance was released this year despite the theme existing since 2014! Then again, some one-off themes are also granted one (e.g last year‘s Edna polybag, which is even more pointless now). 

However, I‘d still expect one polybag this year, but don‘t expect anything other than another Harry, tradition demands it :tongue:

14 hours ago, joeee said:

With the new Jim Gordon leak, Gary Oldman just got two new minifigures of himself!

My thoughts exactly.

49 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Only 1

Well ofcourse the theme had some polybags before the 2018 revival, but al had either Harry or a microbuild. Tbh the micro Knight Bus polybag from 2004 was pretty cool.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

1 hour ago, Sir Godric said:

i saw a leak a few weeks ago on the next polybag : it will be a golden snitch 

3 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

i saw a leak a few weeks ago on the next polybag : it will be a golden snitch 

That was one of those free lego store builds

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Well ofcourse the theme had some polybags before the 2018 revival, but al had either Harry or a microbuild. Tbh the micro Knight Bus polybag from 2004 was pretty cool.

Ooo... I still have my tiny Knight Bus from back then. I’ve got in displayed beside the micro scale Hogwarts and Diagon Alley from last year. It really is a nice little build, and from what I remember back in ‘04 those purple bricks were super hard to get ahold of. I certainly wouldn’t mind more polybags like that.