Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

56 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I’m gonna predict that they’re gonna go up for pre-order like they are in the uk, so maybe because of that they’ll be listed closer to the time of release, otherwise it’ll be 2 months of pre-orders

You’re probably right, they’re treating this particular theme very carefully and systematically

On 5/25/2019 at 11:09 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I honestly just hope McGonnogall has a printed skirt piece instead of legs

That’s true actually. I think if we’re given the skirt piece and a hair bun we’d have the perfect Mcgonogall figure.

Just now, Tariq j said:

That’s true actually. I think if we’re given the skirt piece and a hair bun we’d have the perfect Mcgonogall figure.

I gave her a grey bun, i got it from a lego store create a fig, it looks good but it really needs a skirt.

Edited by The Lego Lady

3 hours ago, The Lego Lady said:

I gave her a grey bun, i got it from a lego store create a fig, it looks good but it really needs a skirt.

I did the same thing, but the skirt would complete it

Ok so after years of waiting for discounts they're finally here, don't know if to get the express, Quidditch match or whomping willow though.

I don't want to get all of them right now, so out of those 3 which one is your favorite guys?

12 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Ok so after years of waiting for discounts they're finally here, don't know if to get the express, Quidditch match or whomping willow though.

I don't want to get all of them right now, so out of those 3 which one is your favorite guys?

Willow, easily

20 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

If you're planning on getting them all eventually anyway, the Hogwarts Express is probably the one to get first. I think that's the one that works best as a standalone.

12 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

If you're planning on getting them all eventually anyway, the Hogwarts Express is probably the one to get first. I think that's the one that works best as a standalone.

Totally agree. Some nice exclusive minifigures too. The Whomping Willow is a close second. It's not a great design on its own but again it has some marvellous minifigs.

Edited by Bricking_it

Odd comment, but I was hoping we would get a new updated Monster Book of Monsters with the newer book and a new Marauders Map. Still happy this line is back!

44 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

The Hogwarts Express is the best to get first. It is a great build and a really good display piece. It was probably my favorite set of 2018.

5 minutes ago, 10or said:

Odd comment, but I was hoping we would get a new updated Monster Book of Monsters with the newer book and a new Marauders Map. Still happy this line is back!

I think the chances of the Marauders Map popping up in some set are pretty high, but I don't really see the Monster Book of Monsters being included anytime soon

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think the chances of the Marauders Map popping up in some set are pretty high, but I don't really see the Monster Book of Monsters being included anytime soon

The Monster Book of Monsters only appeared in 2 sets back in 2004: the big castle set and Draco’s Encounter with Buckbeak. Considering all 3 PoA sets we’ve got this time feature scenes where the book isn’t present it’s really no surprise they didn’t bother with a new one. 

The old Marauders map tile cropped up as an accessory in several sets after its introduction though, so I can’t imag it will go unmade for long. It would also make an excellent accessory for a CMF figure (especially since I’d previously been scratching my head over how they’d make the requisite casual clothes Harry a desirable fig in a potential series 2). 

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

The Monster Book of Monsters only appeared in 2 sets back in 2004: the big castle set and Draco’s Encounter with Buckbeak. Considering all 3 PoA sets we’ve got this time feature scenes where the book isn’t present it’s really no surprise they didn’t bother with a new one. 

The old Marauders map tile cropped up as an accessory in several sets after its introduction though, so I can’t imag it will go unmade for long. It would also make an excellent accessory for a CMF figure (especially since I’d previously been scratching my head over how they’d make the requisite casual clothes Harry a desirable fig in a potential series 2). 

IMO, the Monster Book would have made perfect sense in Hagrid's Hut, given that it includes Buckbeak.  That said, I just realized that I don't think anyone ever actually reads that book in Prisoner of Azkaban; they just struggle to close it and open it without it snapping at them.  :grin:

As to your second point, I think any Collectible Minifigure is, by default, desirable at this point, especially one from Harry Potter.  I'd personally like to see Harry in his Slug Club dress robes with the Marauder's Map.  I actually have the old minifigure from the original Charater Encyclopedia, but I like the idea that this new line is the definitive release of all characters and locations.

7 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

As to your second point, I think any Collectible Minifigure is, by default, desirable at this point, especially one from Harry Potter.  I'd personally like to see Harry in his Slug Club dress robes with the Marauder's Map.  I actually have the old minifigure from the original Charater Encyclopedia, but I like the idea that this new line is the definitive release of all characters and locations.

Oh I agree - any Harry fig will be desirable, it’s just a matter of finding one that’s actually unique and won’t crop up in potential future sets. Harry has a pretty limited wardrobe after all, but from what I remember the plain hoodie he wears in the scene where Snape catches him with the map doesn’t really make an appearance on its own in any other action scenes.

His outfit for the Slug Club Christmas party could work too I suppose, but I’d rather they save it for when they could release Luna in her dress alongside it (and let’s face it, we’d all rather see her in ravenclaw robes or her lion headdress in the next cmf). 

I just had a thought about the Monster Book - another place it could turn up could be Flourish and Blott's if we get a new Diagon Alley. The storefront at the Wizarding World theme park features a cage full of them in the front window!

38 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I just had a thought about the Monster Book - another place it could turn up could be Flourish and Blott's if we get a new Diagon Alley. The storefront at the Wizarding World theme park features a cage full of them in the front window!

Well yes, but actually - no. If the sets are supposed to be based on the movies, The Leaky Cauldron is the place to include the Monster Book in. Of course it wouldn't hurt if F&B had few copies to sell, but if it's going to be depicted strictly as it was shown in CoS, it probably won't have them. And that's assuming Diagon Alley - wether D2C or few regular sets combined - is even in the works.

Or it could turn up in a CMF as an accesory - for Neville of course.

23 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

Or it could turn up in a CMF as an accesory - for Neville of course

Fun idea, but I have a sneaking suspicion that just like Ginny was notably absent in the first series, Neville will take a back seat in series 2. 

On a separate note, the City summer space sets have vanished off the Lego s@h website. Still no sign of the Harry Potter sets. The ask I sent in over a week ago asking about the release date was never answered. Who knows what’s going on with all of that (I suspect not any of the Lego s@h employees). 

21 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

And the worst thing about that is how 50 euro equals 56 dollars, meaning we have to pay 26 dollars more than the US

Euros are not equivalent to dollars, our economies are literally different. No offense but do you not understand how currency value works? 

22 hours ago, thecallumread said:

I got really frustrated only 2 pages into the Clocktower, something in the first build was surprisingly tricky!

[Minor spoiler regarding the build follows, I tried to use tags but didn’t seem to work.]

The first thing you build is the Yule ball tables, you have to place the decorations in between the studs of the plates, this was extremely fiddly and when I finally got one in, I’d frequently knock it off attempting to add the next piece, those two mini table builds probably took me half an hour!

I actually had a very similar problem with the little branches on the Whomping Willow set, they kept falling off at first. I remember thinking it was so odd that LEGO would make such a difficult build 

Edited by m0repotter

1 hour ago, m0repotter said:

Euros are not equivalent to dollars, our economies are literally different. No offense but do you not understand how currency value works? 

I actually had a very similar problem with the little branches on the Whomping Willow set, they kept falling off at first. I remember thinking it was so odd that LEGO would make such a difficult build 

It wasn't my post but I don't understand your comment about the money. Guyon did say that 50€ was $56, so not the same. And if people in the US pay $30 while people in the Netherlands pay 50€ (= $56) for the same set, that's 26 dollars more.

I always thought the tiny branches on the willow were supposed to fall off, as in, it's a play feature to have the tree "fall apart" when you spin it and the car falls out.

50 minutes ago, Mariella said:

It wasn't my post but I don't understand your comment about the money. Guyon did say that 50€ was $56, so not the same. And if people in the US pay $30 while people in the Netherlands pay 50€ (= $56) for the same set, that's 26 dollars more.

I always thought the tiny branches on the willow were supposed to fall off, as in, it's a play feature to have the tree "fall apart" when you spin it and the car falls out.

That's exactly what I meant.

Never really thought about the branches as a play feature, I honestly just saw it as a design flaw :wall:

Hadn’t even realised about the Marauder’s Map, very odd that it doesn’t appear in any sets, just a 2x3 printed tile of the front cover would be fab

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Hadn’t even realised about the Marauder’s Map, very odd that it doesn’t appear in any sets, just a 2x3 printed tile of the front cover would be fab

At least the Map still has a solid chance as it was briefly used in HBP and DH.

so the German prices for HP summer wave were said to be 20€ for the Dementor set and 35 for the horntail set. I was happy to see the summer sets being available today - Horntail is 40 € and Dementor set 30€ (!)

I get it has lots of figures and a new mold but 30 is ridicolous

2 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

so the German prices for HP summer wave were said to be 20€ for the Dementor set and 35 for the horntail set. I was happy to see the summer sets being available today - Horntail is 40 € and Dementor set 30€ (!)

I get it has lots of figures and a new mold but 30 is ridicolous

No, Smyths artificially increased the price on Expecto Patronum to pretend they're giving you a discount by selling it for 20 instead of 30 (which they do). The horntail set is 35€ at Galeria Kaufhof, only Smyths has the wrong price. Galeria is selling everything for the RRP.

I'll wait til June 1st at least. I think Amazon will get them then since Amazon UK already has them listed for that day. And it's German (?) Children's Day, maybe we'll get a small discount somewhere.

Edited by Mariella

This rebooted Harry Potter theme to me is amazing- there are sets within sets in my opinion, I’ve displayed the whomping willow separately with Lupin, Sirius, snape and harry third year, it acts like an entirely different set, I’ve displayed the clock tower with harry third year, Hermione third year, ron third year, a couple dementors, Lupin, trelawny, Gambon dumbledore. It acts as an entirely different set. I’ve put the flying car with both the Hogwarts Express and the Aragog in the dark forest- you can essentially mix and match figures and sections of builds to make your own sets of different scenes from different movies and essentially youre getting 20+ sets rather than the 12 you’d have other wise and I think that’s fantastic. Idk that’s just how I feel