Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

2 hours ago, Lerux said:

Could you show us some pictures from the connected sets? The leaked pictures are not really high quality.

Sure! I'm going to put up a mini review tomorrow or Friday. :) 

The Fleur minifig from the carriage set has leaked on IG :classic: Nothing new of course, but I hope this means we’ll get to see Baby Voldy and Flitwick soon :excited:

1382740.jpgLooks like the new sets will be avalaible at Smyth Toys in Austria and Germany next week.

But I dont think the knight bus will only cost 20 euro.

Edited by Lerux

36 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Fleur minifig from the carriage set has leaked on IG :classic: Nothing new of course, but I hope this means we’ll get to see Baby Voldy and Flitwick soon :excited:

There isn’t a baby volde though isn’t there? It was reported before, but it’s not on the box

7 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

There isn’t a baby volde though isn’t there? It was reported before, but it’s not on the box

Lego almost always shows everything included on either the set images or the box itself. I recommend expecting baby Voldy to NOT be included, that way you won't be disappointed if he's indeed absent

We haven’t seen the back of the box yet and the ‘clear’ shot is the same as on the front of the box, just without the background and a few changes in positions.The proper s@h style clear picture (the one with the lined-up minifigs, accessories and brick separator) also hasn’t appeared yet :wink: I’ve mentioned it before, but it’s not unheard of for transforming characters to be partly absent. Balthazar’s bat form isn’t shown on the front of the TLM2 Spa set’s box either. I know I shouldn’t get my hopes up, but there is evidence to suggest Baby Voldy’s inclusion :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Hey guys, quick question, the old Harry Potter sets, did the different Hogwarts Castle sets connect together like the new sets and make one display piece? 

thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Lionbear8 said:

Hey guys, quick question, the old Harry Potter sets, did the different Hogwarts Castle sets connect together like the new sets and make one display piece? 

thanks in advance!

No and yes. They didn’t connect, but the 2001, 2004 and 2007 castles definitely fit stylistically with each other, along with other sets around that era.

The 2010 set is just it’s own thing though

10 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

thanks in advance!

On 3/29/2018 at 8:42 AM, Roebuck said:

latest?cb=20120322131250

I can't seem to find that picture that's been mentioned of the Clocktower being connected to the Great Hall and Whomping Willow pieces, anybody got a link? Or are we not allowed to post it?

23 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

I can't seem to find that picture that's been mentioned of the Clocktower being connected to the Great Hall and Whomping Willow pieces, anybody got a link? Or are we not allowed to post it?

I can't find the original picture (which I did see so seems to have been removed), but here is a picture of someone who has the sets and has them connected: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxvGFyRH95A/

54 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

There's a picture in the review by Hogwarts in the forum posted a short time ago! 

5 hours ago, Lerux said:

Looks like the new sets will be avalaible at Smyth Toys in Austria and Germany next week.

But I dont think the knight bus will only cost 20 euro.

Well, I really hope you're right. Maybe stonewars got it wrong - although the wrong price for the knight bus makes me not want to trust the catalogue haha

Fleur's face and alternate face from the Carriage just leaked. If you look at her alternate expression I'm pretty sure this face was designed for Ellie Sattler too (there is a Jurassic Park D2C coming), that face just screams ''Welcome to Jurassic Park'' (= the scene with the Brachiosaurus)

21 hours ago, Whovastron said:

No and yes. They didn’t connect, but the 2001, 2004 and 2007 castles definitely fit stylistically with each other, along with other sets around that era.

The 2010 set is just it’s own thing though

I see. 

thanks for clarifying. 

so the 18 / 19 sets are much better fit and looking combination.

I hope they continue the connected sets, makes a really nice display. 

Went to Smyths this morning and got the knight bus for £28.99 with voucher then went back in and got expect patronum for £13.99 with voucher! Interestingly the sets have been taken off their website! Wonder if they got a slap on the wrist for selling them early! 

Hopefully on June 1st, Lego customer service will be able to start answering my questions about the US release, since at that point they’ll be released in most countries

Just built the hungarian Horntail set and as nice as the wings are the main body and legs are horrible to look at looks far too square :/

4 hours ago, Heppy9 said:

Interestingly the sets have been taken off their website! Wonder if they got a slap on the wrist for selling them early! 

Uh oh!

5 hours ago, Heppy9 said:

Went to Smyths this morning and got the knight bus for £28.99 with voucher then went back in and got expect patronum for £13.99 with voucher! Interestingly the sets have been taken off their website! Wonder if they got a slap on the wrist for selling them early! 

I presume so, Argos were allowing you to reserve them and have since gone back to just information 

Edited by Whovastron

Well, they are on the German Smyths Website now (you can't order them though). Maybe they moved them over there :laugh:

Hi everyone! Just created an account but I've been following this topic since the bitter leak-less months and enjoying the discussion. However, I finally decided I HAD to create an account over this nonsense with the US release date being a full TWO MONTHS behind the rest of the world's release date. I have been tweeting and calling Lego customer service (and I suggest any US buyers on here do the same) nonstop because I think it is such an insult to exclude an entire country from purchasing an entire wave of coveted HP sets for almost a quarter of a year (some people have already received their sets at the end of May, and depending on WHEN in August they release [we still don't even have a release date] it could be a full three months from now if they choose to release at the end of August). All of this to say, I was wondering if anyone knew of any reliable way to purchase from overseas without $50+ shipping fees, and also if anyone knows the DPCI or UPC numbers for the new sets so we US AFOL can continue to check for set availability. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

Hi everyone! Just created an account but I've been following this topic since the bitter leak-less months and enjoying the discussion. However, I finally decided I HAD to create an account over this nonsense with the US release date being a full TWO MONTHS behind the rest of the world's release date. I have been tweeting and calling Lego customer service (and I suggest any US buyers on here do the same) nonstop because I think it is such an insult to exclude an entire country from purchasing an entire wave of coveted HP sets for almost a quarter of a year (some people have already received their sets at the end of May, and depending on WHEN in August they release [we still don't even have a release date] it could be a full three months from now if they choose to release at the end of August). All of this to say, I was wondering if anyone knew of any reliable way to purchase from overseas without $50+ shipping fees, and also if anyone knows the DPCI or UPC numbers for the new sets so we US AFOL can continue to check for set availability. Thanks!

Since we (= pretty much every country that isn't the US) know how frustrating it can be when another country gets sets a lot earlier I completely get why you're angry. But I definetely wouldn't call it an insult. LEGO has limited production runs, and you honestly can't blame them for that. Because of those limitations it's not doable to release the sets to the entire world so they have to either exclude a few countries or one big one, which turned out to be the US. As the US got the sets earlier than everyone else last year I'd say this is a pretty good decision by LEGO, though that doesn't take away the fact releasedates should be the same around the entire world!

As for the 3 months later, that's not true. It's 2 months (which is still to much) but some stores are way too incompetent when it comes to lookin at streetdates. If the past is anything to go by you Americans will be able to buy the sets sometime mid-July at your local incompetent retailer

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Since we (= pretty much every country that isn't the US) know how frustrating it can be when another country gets sets a lot earlier I completely get why you're angry. But I definetely wouldn't call it an insult. LEGO has limited production runs, and you honestly can't blame them for that. Because of those limitations it's not doable to release the sets to the entire world so they have to either exclude a few countries or one big one, which turned out to be the US. As the US got the sets earlier than everyone else last year I'd say this is a pretty good decision by LEGO, though that doesn't take away the fact releasedates should be the same around the entire world!

As for the 3 months later, that's not true. It's 2 months (which is still to much) but some stores are way too incompetent when it comes to lookin at streetdates. If the past is anything to go by you Americans will be able to buy the sets sometime mid-July at your local incompetent retailer

My thing is that first and foremost, with LEGO releasing statements on how they understand how unfair and bothersome regional RELEASES are why wouldnt they do away with regional RELEASE DATES also?? I’m not saying its only unfair for the US in this case. Im saying its unfair for any country to be excluded from buying while the rest of the world gets to enjoy. The US getting sets ONE month in advance last year doesnt mean we deserve to get them TWO months behind this year. Why should we get punished for lego’s terrible marketing tactics. Also, to your point about it not being a three months wait, we still dont have an official release for the US. I’ve been asking at my local lego stores and some even have said September it could be released. We dont know when in August, it could very well be August 31st, which would mean we’d be getting HP sets a quarter of the year after everyone else

Really wish that people would stop complaining about the darn release dates, so what if it’s released 2 months after everyone else?! At the end of the day, it’s lego, a kids toy, unless you’re a kid you actually have no right to moan, so I say why don’t we move on from this topic and talk about something actually positive