Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

I decided to do the list thingy.

1. Clocktower. More for the Hogwarts layout with different looks to the towers is good. A fine figure selection and good playfeatures. Hagrid should be here, though.

2. Hagrid´s Hut. Looks like a fun build with the amount of texture on the walls. Don´t mind that it is open. Buckbeak is good. A complementing blister pack to add the timetravel stuff from the later movie would be awesome. The executioner looks a bit too happy about his job.

3. 1st task. 4 good figures, a dragon and a side build is a fine thing. The tent adds playability with it´s opening feature. This set should really be on the top, but even though the Horntail is a good build, I expected soo much more from this one. 

4. Expecto Patronum. Sirius is awesome, the stag is awesome. The amount of stuff for the price is awesome. 

5. Carriage. Hagrid in a new design is great. The other minifigs are also good. The carriage will make Grindelwald´S carriage more useful as you can now have several. I´m not a fan of the connection to the abraxens, but I guess that is for sturdiness.

6. Advent calendar. Just fun to get a new type of calendar. The christmas sweaters will be fun to have. Curious about how Flitwick will look. 

7. Rise of Voldemort. Fine figures, love the statue. Ok build. Nice torso for Harry. Are the rumouors about a baby Voldemort true? If it is, this one might climb higher on the list.

8. Knight Bus. A purple bus. Nice playfeatures with the sliding bed, but it hasn´t got that wow factor many of the other sets of this wave has. The shrunken head print is cool.

I’ll join in the ranking for the new wave of sets... very aligned thoughts for most of us it seems. 

1) Hagrid’s Hut- Best all-round set in my opinion. Fantastic figures and Buckbeak and the look of the hut is tremendous. Only wish that the hut could fold in so none of the interior could be seen like the older versions. 

2) Clocktower- Really great set and great choice of figures. For those that have the Great Hall and Whomping Willow are in for a treat when it all connects together. Something is missing though I just can’t place my finger on what. 

3) The Knightbus- Honestly this is personal preference on a set I would love to own as I loved the concept of the bus and have never owned the set. Including a wolf piece would have made this set number 1. 

4) Expecto Patronum- Great prices and great figures. Build is simple which limits it on the list. Does the job though. 

5) The carriage- A welcomed surprise considering it’s never been released. Nice figures and the coach and creature moulds are welcome additions. Good price. 

6) The Hungarian Horntail- I can see why this set gets criticism but I actually thinks it’s better than what it’s given credit for CONSIDERING its price point. All 4 challengers and decent dragon and a nice side build. Never going to set the world alight but for the price and it provides a nice set. 

7) Rise of Voldemort- This set is alright. The worst build of the wave imo...I just hate the smoothness of the land. Figures are excellent though. 

8) Advent Calendar- Overpriced but not bad for what it’s worth. Nice addition but would have preferred the second challenge as a set over this for a similar price. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

10 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Do the sets come out in June or August, This is confusing. 

From what I understand, everything comes out in August in the US (except the Advent Calendar which is September) but everywhere else in the world the first five sets release in June and then the Graveyard and Carriage release in August. The September calendar seems to be consistent worldwide

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

From what I understand, everything comes out in August in the US (except the Advent Calendar which is September) but everywhere else in the world the first five sets release in June and then the Graveyard and Carriage release in August. The September calendar seems to be consistent worldwide

Really? Darn... I didn’t want to have to wait till August. I guess it gives me time to save up.

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That’s hearsay at this point though, correct? Nothing official has said August for the US. Looking back at when the first five were revealed, it said June with no break down of different areas getting them first. It even states the same on the reveal of the last two as well(at Brickset). 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

That’s hearsay at this point though, correct? Nothing official has said August for the US. Looking back at when the first five were revealed, it said June with no break down of different areas getting them first. It even states the same on the reveal of the last two as well(at Brickset). 

Yeah, I guess it's unconfirmed, but I wouldn't say "hearsay."  The Random Blocker claims that he/she knew that the US release date would be August.  Take that for what it's worth, but I think it's worth something, because The Random Blocker clearly has some inside info.  That said, I called LEGO Customer Service and they were unable to find any official release date for the US or the UK.  They did admit that they are pretty much left in the dark, but something is definitely weird here, because if you look at the set descriptions on Brickset, they say:

Includes all new Stag Patronus charm element and a tree-based shooting function for when Harry casts the Expecto Patronum spell!

Compare to the set description published by The Brothers Brick:

This Harry Potter LEGO set features a forest scene with a small lakeside build and 2 buildable trees with a spell-cast shooting function, plus a new-for-August-2019 semi-transparent glittering stag figure with room for a minifigure on top.

I don't know where The Brothers Brick is based; perhaps that could give us a clue.    In short, I am expecting the wave to break (see what I did there?) in the US on August 1, and if we get it any earlier, I will be pleasantly surprised.  I do think it's likely that US warehouses already have some of the sets, though, given the leaked/stolen minifigures for sale on eBay.  

Oh, and FBTB, a site that I really like, so I guess I've now mentioned it thrice, published an August 1 release date from the very beginning.  I'd like to know where they got that information; perhaps they implied it from the set descriptions touting "new-for-August-2019" features.  Maybe I'll message them and see if they respond.

Honestly, it seems to me like TLG is just keeping its options open until the last minute, then they will make the what is the most logical choice for them.

This isn't really related but as I was thinking about how cool the stranger things set looks, I was weighing the options. And for the same price as stranger things, I could buy the entire June wave of HP sets, minus the Knight Bus, which I don't want. And if you take into account amazon discounts, which HP is much more likely to receive than a stranger things D2C, the first 5 HP sets would only be $192 (assuming 20% discount), as compared to the 200 dollars for stranger things. Not to mention 25 minifigures and 2 new animal molds, as opposed to 8 figures for stranger things. Just something to think about when making your buying decisions!

I really hope it’s June for everyone. At this point I realize that it probably isn’t, but I have to hope. It’ll be so hard to have to wait an extra two months. I’m so ready for these sets

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really hope it’s June for everyone. At this point I realize that it probably isn’t, but I have to hope. It’ll be so hard to have to wait an extra two months. I’m so ready for these sets

You probably won't have to wait 2 months. They'll probably be available early-mid July considering how disrespectful American stores are when it comes to releasedates

Normal release schedule - 5 sets in June, 2 sets in August and Advent Calendar in September

America - all sets in August and Advent Calendar in September 

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You probably won't have to wait 2 months. They'll probably be available early-mid July considering how disrespectful American stores are when it comes to releasedates

Not anymore.  Sure, there may be the rare incompetent store that puts something out early, but in general everything in ultra-street-dated and won’t even scan at the checkout until release date.  At least that’s my experience.   

But you’re right, in the past, stuff used to appear early, especially at ToysRUs, which is no longer around (at least in the US).  

Ah, well...I’ll make a “count down the days to Hogwarts” calendar like Harry does over the summer.  And even better, I’m thankful enough to not have to live with the Dursleys while I’m waiting!  ?

Ohh! We're doing rankings? Ok so...

1) Clocktower - This is a day 1 buy for me. I've already got the great hall and 2 copies of the whomping willow, so I've got enough castle modules to loosely cobble together about 1/4 of Hogwarts. The set itself looks fantastic and I can't wait to have it connected to the rest of my display.

2) Hagrid's Hut - I wanna say this is day 1, but it's a bit pricey here in Canada. Regardless the build looks really sweet, and it's basically essential for my already existing display.

3) Graveyard - The build isn't phenomenal but the figures are pretty great and the graveyard will probably combine well with the Hidden Side graveyard to make a pretty nice horror scene.

4) Triwizard Task - The dragon is fine. I don't really like the design from the film but I'll probably pick it up since I'm a sucker for dragons.

5) Expecto Patronum - This is low on the list since it's basically a parts pack. I'll pick it up for Sirius Black and the Patronus but it's not high on my list.

6) Knight Bus - I honestly don't understand all the hype around this set. I didn't care about this thing in the books and the films didn't do much to change that for me. If I find it for really cheap I'll snag it but otherwise this is probably a pass.

7) Beauxbatons Carriage - Honestly I don't care about this set at all. Don't get me wrong it's really nice looking and will probably be a pretty good build, but I probably won't be grabbing it since it does nothing for me.

Well I suppose I’ll do my own ranking. Personally I’ve enjoyed reading them so here goes:

1) Clocktower - minifigures are excellent, it’s great to get Yule Ball variants of these figures, I think they made the right call there. I also love the Hogwarts builds and this is no exception. Wonderful set!

2) Expecto Patronum - I’ve been wanting an updated Sirius since forever and I’m not disappointed. Phenomenal little set, great for army building dementors, and that Stag Patronus is wonderful

3) Hagrid’s Hut - Fantastic minifigures, most of which are exclusive. I didn’t think they would include Fudge and Macnair but they both add a lot to this set. Buckbeak is amazing. I love the build, it’s great to finally get this version of the Hut

4) Rise Of Voldemort - While the build is mostly lacking in that open area, I absolutely love the Riddle grave and the figures. The generic Death Eater is fantastic and I’ve been wanting Wormtail for a long time. New versions of Harry and Voldemort are also very welcome

5) Beauxbatons Carriage - This Fleur is one of the best figures of the wave. Gabrielle is a nice addition and it’s great to get alternate versions of Maxime and Hagrid as well as new creatures. The carriage is amazing and would be such an awesome display piece. The o my reason it’s lower on the list is because the other sets are just overall more desirable to me and not because of anything lacking from this set

6) Triwizard Challenge - This set is low on the list on purpose. The Horntail is absolutely pathetic and the tent build is just plain. The Horntail is so bad I can’t really put it into words. It looks like a weird bird. Just awful. I do love the figures and the golden egg rock build. I also appreciate the addition of the modified broomstick to represent Harry’s Firebolt

7) Knight Bus - This is not a bad set, it just doesn’t really have anything that stands out enough to interest me over the other sets, including the first task set, which at least has desirable figures. A repeat of the same Harry, Ernie, and Stan just isn’t enough to be desirable. It really should have included the Grim and Aunt Marge. The bus itself is sleek and nice and certainly an improvement on the older versions but I never really cared for it all that much. I’ll buy it along with all the others but it’s definitely my least favorite

Might as well join the list craze...

1) Clocktower - I never thought we would get so many Yule Ball figures, let alone a set dedicated to it! It has a beautiful exterior that is a great addition to the Hogwarts display we have so far, and I love the Christmassy features.

2) Beauxbatons Carriage - our first new set without a Harry figure! I’m glad we are getting a new set that has never been done before, and the inclusion of Olympe, Fleur and Gabrielle makes up for LEGO sort of ignoring their existence in the original GOF sets. So glad they’ve done this instead of a Durmstrang Ship!

3) Hagrid’s Hut - maybe a little overpriced, but I love the figures and the new Buckbeak mould. I actually like that the back is open as it makes for playability and every other building has an open back anyway. 

4) Expecto Patronum - a small, compact but beautiful set. The only reason this one isn’t higher up is that I love the larger builds. The new Sirius is really exciting as he definitely called for an update. 

5) First Task - I would have preferred this to be a more expensive set with perhaps some stands included as it looks a bit weird being just a tent and a dragon. Nevertheless, the figures are a key reason to buy, and I don’t mind the dragon TOO much.

6) Rise of Voldemort - not a massive fan of the ground build, but as most people have pointed out, adding to the Hidden Side graveyard would make it more padded out as a display. Interested to see the play feature, but a bit disappointed with the Wormtail figure as he shouldn’t be ginger lol. 

7) Knight Bus - it’s the best version we’ve had so far, but I don’t think it offers all that much on the previous iterations. I would have preferred a Shrieking Shack (but Stans hat is great). 

A fantastic wave all in all, I’ll be sure to be picking up all these sets! 

Anyone know when/why LEGO stopped doing alternative builds in the instruction manuals? 

Well since everyone is doing rankings:

1. Clocktower: Good set, hate Dumbledore’s office though. Would’ve prefered it to be POA Based.

2. Beauxbatons Carriage: Perfection

3. Hagrid’s Hut: Good set, hate the figures and price.

4. First Task: Trash

5. Knight Bus: Really good set, with nice figures.

6. Rise of Voldemort: I mean it is $20, not much of a good set. 

7. Expecto Patronum: Perfection

My rankings:

1 beauxbatons carriage, I just love it 

2 knight bus, I’ve built the other two recently and I don’t know why but they are really enjoyable builds

3 rise of Voldemort, I just want to compare it to the old one and it looks quite fun, the grass mound

4 first task, love how the dragon is brickbuilt but would have preferred better wings, easy to mod

5 clock tower, I prefer the old one

6 Hagrids hut, I hate the open back

7 expecto patronum, not the most interesting 

Has anyone found a better face or hairpiece for Krum? I prefer his 2005 look to the current ones. 

Just now, Seaber said:

Has anyone found a better face or hairpiece for Krum? I prefer his 2005 look to the current ones. 

His hair is so short he's near-bald. There's really no good Lego alternative. I think what they gave us is probably the closest you can get 

19 minutes ago, Seaber said:

You could always go for his more dashing, debonair look from his (deleted :sad:Deathly Hallows scenes.  Seriously, guy flies all the way out from Bulgaria to film an important scene that was IN THE BOOK, and it doesn't even end up on the DVD?

0bc2fca571a556671da28aeaab073c9b.jpg

26 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

You could always go for his more dashing, debonair look from his (deleted :sad:Deathly Hallows scenes.  Seriously, guy flies all the way out from Bulgaria to film an important scene that was IN THE BOOK, and it doesn't even end up on the DVD?

0bc2fca571a556671da28aeaab073c9b.jpg

I didn't even know they filmed that scene! I thought it was just completely obmitted from the book

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I didn't even know they filmed that scene! I thought it was just completely obmitted from the book

Google “Harry Potter unreleased deleted scenes” if you want to be really depressed about how much WB filmed but is refusing to make available.  Anyway, sorry for the off topic discussion.

Personally, I think the original Krum head with the current hair piece works just fine.  The real problem would appear to be the bizarre face print they chose this time.  

The June sets can be pre-ordered on s@h, at least in Switzerland :classic: I assume it works for the rest of Europe as well, not sure about the US though...

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The June sets can be pre-ordered on s@h, at least in Switzerland :classic: I assume it works for the rest of Europe as well, not sure about the US though...

They're not even listed in the US.

17 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Where can the sets be preordered?