Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Both are great sets! 

The Graveyard set is amazing! I wish it had ghost versions of Harry's parents though. I would gladly a little bit more for the 2 extra minifigures. I feel those 2 wouldn't work out of context, like as CMFs or Bricktober packs

Oher than that, these are almost perfect!

4 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Pleeease share that when you do it! Would love to see it! 

Absolutely! Hopefully we'll have these come August

BIt off topic, but related...I know there’s a fair few who have or do work at brand stores. If these all are indeed an August release for the US, do stores generally get a good amount of sets? If I couldn’t get to a store until the following day, would I be good to get them all? 

13 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

BIt off topic, but related...I know there’s a fair few who have or do work at brand stores. If these all are indeed an August release for the US, do stores generally get a good amount of sets? If I couldn’t get to a store until the following day, would I be good to get them all? 

Probably not. Initial shipments of high-demand items can be shockingly small. If you can't be there when they open on launch day, you're probably going to need to wait a while for supply to stabilize.

38 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Man I can't wait to see the back of the box pictures, really hoping that there is a specially printed Baby Voldemort but don't want to get my hopes up :look:

I was hoping for some blast effects in red and green to simulate the spells.

1 hour ago, CT-5503 said:

I was hoping for some blast effects in red and green to simulate the spells.

I’m not really surprised we didn’t, since trying to attach things to the ends of the new wands would be tricky. It sounds like there are some play features that make Voldemort ‘rise from the dead’ though, which might explain why the set is called ‘The Rise of Voldemort’ as opposed to the 2005 ‘Graveyard Duel’. 

5 hours ago, CT-5503 said:

So do all the HP sets release in August, or only these 2?

Only these two. Previously revealed ones release on June 1st (in US August 1st), ones revealed yesterday release on August 1st everywhere and the Advent Calendar releases on September 1st.

Here are the set numbers or possibility's for WW sets from 75939-75969. What are the logic between all the jumping back and forth? Do you think it is a possibility for even more sets this year or are the spots for next years sets or others themes?

• 75939 ?
  • 75940 ?
  • 75941 ?
  • 75942 ?
  • 75943 ?
  • 75944 ?
  • 75945: Expecto Patronum
  • 75946: Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge 
  • 75947: Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak's Rescue 
  • 75948: Hogwarts Clock Tower
  • 75949 ?
  • 75950: Aragog's Lair
  • 75951: Grindelwald's Escape
  • 75952: Newt's Case of Magical Creatures
  • 75953: Hogwarts Whomping Willow
  • 75954: Hogwarts Great Hall
  • 75955: Hogwarts Express
  • 75956: Quidditch Match
  • 75957: The Knight Bus
  • 75958: Beauxbatons' Carriage: Arrival at Hogwarts
  • 75959 ?
  • 75960 ?
  • 75961 ?
  • 75962 ?
  • 75963 ?
  • 75964: Harry Potter Advent Calendar
  • 75965: The Rise of Voldemort
  • 75966 ?
  • 75967 ?
  • 75968 ?
  • 75969 ?

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Here are the set numbers or possibility's for WW sets from 75939-75969. What are the logic between all the jumping back and forth? Do you think it is a possibility for even more sets this year or are the spots for next years sets or others themes?

• 75939 ?
  • 75940 ?
  • 75941 ?
  • 75942 ?
  • 75943 ?
  • 75944 ?
  • 75945: Expecto Patronum
  • 75946: Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge 
  • 75947: Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak's Rescue 
  • 75948: Hogwarts Clock Tower
  • 75949 ?
  • 75950: Aragog's Lair
  • 75951: Grindelwald's Escape
  • 75952: Newt's Case of Magical Creatures
  • 75953: Hogwarts Whomping Willow
  • 75954: Hogwarts Great Hall
  • 75955: Hogwarts Express
  • 75956: Quidditch Match
  • 75957: The Knight Bus
  • 75958: Beauxbatons' Carriage: Arrival at Hogwarts
  • 75959 ?
  • 75960 ?
  • 75961 ?
  • 75962 ?
  • 75963 ?
  • 75964: Harry Potter Advent Calendar
  • 75965: The Rise of Voldemort
  • 75966 ?
  • 75967 ?
  • 75968 ?
  • 75969 ?

Lego just jumps around sometimes 

10 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also, why the hell does this one variant of Fleur get new dual-moulded legs, but the likes of Captain America and Iron Man Mk.85 don't? Actually why?

First of all because her boots were necessary for the figure to not be too bland and they couldn't make them look good with printing.

As for why marvel sets don't get them. LEGO Marvel has a much smaller budget than the HP/WW theme, this is caused by both the license (Disney's licenses are very expensive) and the sets not selling as much as other themes. Even though ''not selling as much'' is largely lego's/marvel's fault as the sets are very rarely accurate

I hope Wormtail has a sly/cunning alternative face, but I think his hair needs changing. 

Has anyone tried the 2010 Voldemort face on the CMS body? If it looks okay that's three expressions that work, but it'd be really good to see a really angry face in the next wave or so. 

Wow, the Carriage is quite a surprise for many reasons, not the least of which is that it's a Harry Potter set with zero main characters! I love the look of it, the magical openable feature, and all of the minifigures.

The Graveyard set was expected from the rumours, and still pretty good. I like the grave builds including Tom Riddle Sr's, but the whole flat area looks a bit bland and uninspiring. The minifigures are all well done apart from Wormtail's very incorrect hair. I recall someone on here speculating that LEGO would never do the KKK-looking Death Eater costume, but here we go, they did! Is it the CMF Series 12 wizard hat recoloured in black?

I'm going to have some tough decisions ahead about which sets to buy and which to skip and instead Bricklink the figures that I want. I just don't have the budget to buy them all, unfortunately. From the first wave I only got the Great Hall and Quidditch (at a discount), plus a bunch of CMF and bricklinking Lupin from the Hogwarts Express.

From this wave I'll definitely buy the Clock Tower, and Hagrid's Hut is a definite maybe. The Horntail and Knightbus sets are definite skips for me. The only thing I really want from Expecto Patronum is Sirius, but it's a cheap enough set that it might not feel worth bricklinking him instead of buying the whole thing, though I don't care for the builds and can honestly pass on the rest of the figures especially if I get Hagrid's Hut. The Graveyard set similarly has a build that I could give a miss, but it does have more desirable figures.

Does anyone else plan out how to get most of what they want without buying all the sets?

36 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Wow, the Carriage is quite a surprise for many reasons, not the least of which is that it's a Harry Potter set with zero main characters!

HOW DARE YA DISRESPECT MY MAN HAGRID!?

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Wow, the Carriage is quite a surprise for many reasons, not the least of which is that it's a Harry Potter set with zero main characters! I love the look of it, the magical openable feature, and all of the minifigures.

I very much assume the HP sets this year should partly be an alternative for the discontinued Elves theme. Since HP is very popular with women and the market for men can only expand so much as the costumers have money and space available.

It is expected that there will be 4 waves, each covering 2 films per wave. After 2 waves we have had roughly half the number of the numbered sets. Have the rest of the numbers therefore been reserved for the next 2 waves? If so, there are only 16 more sets to look forward to over the next 2 waves. I can't honestly see the theme continuing after this. As said before, the theme is very insular with only a few locations and vehicles. These will be covered very quickly and it'll be too soon to repeat them again. I think we need to enjoy it whilst it lasts.

As well as other films being done-

i really want a D2C diagon alley 

a burrow set 

chamber of secrets 

fluffy set 

and troll set 

that’s it 

31 minutes ago, Bricking_it said:

It is expected that there will be 4 waves, each covering 2 films per wave. After 2 waves we have had roughly half the number of the numbered sets. Have the rest of the numbers therefore been reserved for the next 2 waves? If so, there are only 16 more sets to look forward to over the next 2 waves. I can't honestly see the theme continuing after this. As said before, the theme is very insular with only a few locations and vehicles. These will be covered very quickly and it'll be too soon to repeat them again. I think we need to enjoy it whilst it lasts.

i think we will get an easy 5 waves possibly 6, 4 waves based of the 8 films, which is a given. Then another wave or 2 filling in the gaps that were left open in previous waves.

35 minutes ago, Bricking_it said:

I think I will be okay if there are only two more waves of Harry Potter and then it comes to an end. I don’t want this to be a Star Wars or Super Heroes situation where I just become absolutely burned out. The revival of the Harry Potter theme was very special last year and I am so glad that LEGO has put the time and money into making this a wonderful theme; and I hope that, if your guess is correct, that the next two waves are just as solid as this year’s and the last.

On the topic of the sets themselves, I think that the terrain in front of Tom Riddle’s grave in The Rise of Voldemort looks kind of messy. I think that I might MOC a new base and, like many others on the forums have suggested, combine the Hidden Side Graveyard with this one. I’ve been working out in my head what sets I want to get first in the line and I think I figured it out: 75945, 75947 and 75965. Later down the road really I want to pick up 75948, 75958, and 75964.

I will get the Expecto Patronus and Rise of Voldemort sets day 1. They are cheap and contain great minifigs. I will wait until a discount for the Clocktower and Hagrid's Hut sets. I think they're amazing but I want to get maximum value for money. I know that come Christmas, they'll have 20% off at Smyth's or Amazon. I'll get the advent calendar in Argos' 3 for 2 sale, picking up 1 each for me and my nephews. The other sets I will only get when they are cheap. This will be sometime after the novelty of the other sets has worn off and will help tide me over until the next wave is released. This way I'll have something to keep me happy in those dark winter months. 

I could see this theme go on for quite a while actually. Especially since by the time they've done all the movies at least one time its already okay for them to do remakes (just like they do with Star Wars). And those remakes wouldn't even be too bad to get since those builds could just be repurposed for another Hogwarts section

Yeah I don’t think this theme is going anywhere soon and I really hope I’m right because there is soooooo much more they could do when you really stop to think about it. I’ve been mapping out possible HP sets for years, there’s plenty to keep the theme going. Plus, TLG isn’t going to give up the theme as long as it’s making money

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I could see this theme go on for quite a while actually. Especially since by the time they've done all the movies at least one time its already okay for them to do remakes (just like they do with Star Wars). And those remakes wouldn't even be too bad to get since those builds could just be repurposed for another Hogwarts section

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah I don’t think this theme is going anywhere soon and I really hope I’m right because there is soooooo much more they could do when you really stop to think about it. I’ve been mapping out possible HP sets for years, there’s plenty to keep the theme going. Plus, TLG isn’t going to give up the theme as long as it’s making money

I agree :wink:
With the popularity of HP and the quality of this sets they are going to sell a lot! After the 2 next waves I do not see Lego stopping :tongue:

I figure at the very least, we'll see sets based on Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince next year, then Deathly Hallows and Fantastic Beasts 3 in 2021. If it's still doing well at that point, then yeah, they could easily cycle back to revisit the earlier movies, and if it's still doing really well, perhaps another D2C and/or Minifigure series.